Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So hey, how was your day? (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=40295)

Magistrix Verdande 01-21-2013 10:44 AM

So hey, how was your day?

Seems the old thread has been mysteriously vanquished. Perhaps it was simply inactive for too long?

Who knows.

I'm still interested in knowing what's up.

As for me, I just got a note letting me know I've been accepted in a semester of an intense psychology course. I'm kinda nervous attending, especially since I was a late acceptance and as such have had no time to prepare myself, mentally, for attending.

But I think I'll go for it!

What's up with you?

Aneurysm 01-21-2013 10:51 AM

Today I was at the introduction of the archaelogy course I'll be studying this semester.

There are alot of purrdy girls in the class too, so not only will I exercise my brain, but my dong aswell if I get the chance.

SmokeBlader 01-21-2013 10:53 AM

I started watching Sons of Anarchy, and I fucking love it.

Porimlys 01-21-2013 12:51 PM

Well, Verdande, I'm sick and feel like I am dying a slow and agonizing death. Thanks for asking!

handclaw 01-21-2013 01:05 PM

Worrying about finding a job (and life, and my general future) aaand drawing stuff.

Revenant 01-21-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande (Post 621636)
Seems the old thread has been mysteriously vanquished. Perhaps it was simply inactive for too long?

Or someone accidentally deleted it. As the only moderator is Sarahmoo, she did it.

Leviathon 01-21-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revenant (Post 621697)
Or someone accidentally deleted it. As the only moderator is Sarahmoo, she did it.

Always safe to blame the woman.

Cemotucu 01-21-2013 01:29 PM

Just ended the first part of my holydays! Ill have a break for 5 days and ten I'll be in my aunt's house in Buenos Aires. :)

Right now I'm watching the last three episodes of "American Horror Story - Asylum". OMG can't wait to see the end :3 Blood and demons everywhere!

Magistrix Verdande 01-21-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porimlys (Post 621688)
Well, Verdande, I'm sick and feel like I am dying a slow and agonizing death. Thanks for asking!

...Stomach flu?

Leviathon 01-21-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porimlys (Post 621688)

I found your problem.

http://www.comedycentral.com/video-c...is-family-band

Montoya 01-21-2013 02:06 PM

I'm cleaning the entire house because it is a paid government holiday (MLK Jr. R.I.P.). I'm also trying to decide an off-spec for my monk, Brewmaster or Mistweaver. This evening I will be taking care of my 1.5 year old boy while his mom goes to work. Thank you for asking :)

Euphemialibritannia 01-21-2013 02:44 PM

Really gotta stop my "staying up until 3am to play LoL" sessions, even coffee isn't strong enough to keep me fully awake anymore. On the plus side I got a working phone again though!

SmokeBlader 01-21-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphemialibritannia (Post 621754)
Really gotta stop my "staying up until 3am to play LoL" sessions, even coffee isn't strong enough to keep me fully awake anymore. On the plus side I got a working phone again though!

You also go to work/school? If so I understand, but if not, you need some lessons.

Euphemialibritannia 01-21-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeBlader (Post 621755)
You also go to work/school? If so I understand, but if not, you need some lessons.

Lessons as to what? I do work, I usually start at 12am so I can kind of get some sleep, but I'm the kind of person that doesn't fall asleep easily, so I don't actually fall asleep till like 4:30, and then wake up at 11:00. My sleep schedule sucksssssssss.

Shaman 01-21-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphemialibritannia (Post 621754)

I know those MOBA world pains.

Euphemialibritannia 01-21-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarahmoo (Post 621788)
I know those MOBA world pains.

The best/worst part is that every time I say I'm going to bed, I stay logged on, and when I see my friends in game I can't help but spectate their game, which is usually another 30 or so minutes of sleep lost right there. :(

Magistrix Verdande 01-21-2013 04:11 PM

I should be sleeping as I have to wake up in 5-6 hours to attend a course I feel really nervous about.

...Instead, I'm on SoL.

Volkrin 01-21-2013 04:41 PM

Last I heard I was on the waiting list for the last two courses I need to graduate, both of which start this week. I can't even go to my student email to find out if I've been sent any updates on my situation because they revamped said email this summer, and any attempts to access it result in an infinite loop of logins and logouts. It's times like this that I think back to Community and find myself envying the students of fair Greendale.

Omacron 01-21-2013 05:03 PM

Getting dragged to a dance club by an old friend of mine. She doesn't believe me when I tell her that I instinctively start moshing whenever there are too many people near me while loud music plays.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...93/590/6f6.gif

Millenia 01-21-2013 05:12 PM

I'm wondering why the hell Chase wants me to pay $4,000 out of the $7,000 loan when it comes out from deferment. It's not like I've missed any payments or anything. :sweatdrop

Maybe I should talk to someone in the bank... I'm gonna get pissed if I lose most my savings. Again.

Euphemialibritannia 01-21-2013 09:16 PM

Found my old gamecube today, so teaching my niece how to play some of the gamecube classics!

Bolvar 01-21-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 621832)
Getting dragged to a dance club by an old friend of mine. She doesn't believe me when I tell her that I instinctively start moshing whenever there are too many people near me while loud music plays.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...93/590/6f6.gif

Pix plz...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millenia (Post 621842)
I'm wondering why the hell Chase wants me to pay $4,000 out of the $7,000 loan when it comes out from deferment. It's not like I've missed any payments or anything. :sweatdrop

Maybe I should talk to someone in the bank... I'm gonna get pissed if I lose most my savings. Again.

Details... assuming this is a student loan, right?

Problem is, default rates on student loans have been skyrocketing since 2008 - largely due to the lack of jobs available to graduates. Student-loan-based debt, once considered "safe" is now riskier than credit card debt. Banks are dumping it like hotcakes.

I'd tell you to blame Obama, but you don't want to hear it.

But, you know, this shit has only gotten worse under his watch, and it's not getting better anytime soon.

You may be an upstanding citizen who intends to pay on time. But the banks play numbers, and the numbers suck.

In short, yes, you should call Chase, and try to get on a payment plan as soon as humanly possible before it gets ugly.

**Edit - I just realized I sound like Biff Tannen with the whole ".. dumping it like hotcakes" metaphor... but it amuses me... so I'm leaving it there.

HlaaluStyle 01-21-2013 09:21 PM

I got a message from a potential employer today, so I'll hopefully be able to set up an interview this week or next. My current job is all right, but is not really paying as much as I'd like.

Bolvar 01-21-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by destron (Post 621997)
I got a message from a potential employer today, so I'll hopefully be able to set up an interview this week or next. My current job is all right, but is not really paying as much as I'd like.

Hooray for capitalism!

HlaaluStyle 01-21-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolvar (Post 621998)
Hooray for capitalism!

I'm rather fond of it myself. Though I'm also fond of having some level of regulation, which probably makes me a filthy, filthy Bolshevik loving neo-Maoist in your book.

Ah well, our brief moment of solidarity was beautiful while it lasted.