Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hearthstone! (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=61631)

Magistrix Verdande 03-22-2013 08:03 AM

Hearthstone!

Are you watching this?

http://www.twitch.tv/pax

Gortrash 03-22-2013 08:06 AM

Yep.

Not very exciting.

But then ahain, I expecting something like this.

Volkrin 03-22-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande (Post 674848)
Are you watching this?

http://www.twitch.tv/pax

No, because my school's WiFi apparently doesn't play nice with streams. What the hell is it?

Falarson 03-22-2013 08:08 AM

Kind of meh. Still gonna try it. I guess...?

Foppish 03-22-2013 08:11 AM

A digital card capture game? Ok I guess.

Free to play? hmmmm. . .

Fuck me for getting my hopes up.

Cemotucu 03-22-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foppish (Post 674860)
A digital card capture game? Ok I guess.

Free to play? hmmmm. . .

Oh, you can buy the cards/booster packs? pass.

You can also earn them.

I really like this game. Its amaing they made something like this with only 15 devs.

Gortrash 03-22-2013 08:23 AM

Inb4 "Is Malfurion fighting Gul'dan canon?"

Oh wait, I forgot Slowpoke isn't here anymore. :D

Foppish 03-22-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cemotucu (Post 674863)
You can also earn them.

I really like this game. Its amaing they made something like this with only 15 devs.

yeah, I realized as I posted that the cards could also be earned, just being cynical. Also the game is free to play, so they have to make money somehow.

Was just kind of hoping for something different.

Like a simple single player RPG or other game type.

Might and Magic X was announced and got my hopes up that I might hear more good news these next couple of days. . .

Falarson 03-22-2013 08:25 AM

This game would've been better if it was 3D-animated, like the Yu-Gi-Oh! Hologram.

Gortrash 03-22-2013 08:40 AM

Looks kinda fun actually. But I was more busy looking at all the awesome art and effects rather than follow the duel itself. And even though there was a guy explaining everything that was happening I had no idea WTF was going on. :D

Also, I like the implication that it's an in-universe Warcraft board game played in taverns as a pass time activity, what with the dwarf narrator and the board design and all. That's really cool. :D

Ku'ja 03-22-2013 08:59 AM

The one game i have been wanting from Blizzard since they started the card game :) cannot wait and i am praying i can also get this on my Kindle Fire xD.

I literally cannot wait for the music this game looks like its bringing alone...

Nazja 03-22-2013 09:00 AM

The only thing I don't like is the heroes you play as.

Cemotucu 03-22-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 674903)
The only thing I don't like is the heroes you play as.

I would have preferred minor characters of Warcraft universe, representing the classes. Not main characters as Thrall, Malfurion or Jaina.

But I'll still enjoy this game :)

MisterCrow 03-22-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ku'ja (Post 674901)
The one game i have been wanting from Blizzard since they started the card game :) cannot wait and i am praying i can also get this on my Kindle Fire xD.

I literally cannot wait for the music this game looks like its bringing alone...

Platforms look like PC/Mac and iPad. Because Kindles run a modified version of Android, it's even less likely, even if they were developing an Android version, which they mentioned nothing about.

I'll reach out to my contacts at Google.

Stormcaller 03-22-2013 09:07 AM

I think this definitely looks like fun. I've been looking for a TCG to play in my free time so something like this with low barrier to entry and not focusing on a physical product sounds pretty good.

I hope there's a way to change your primary hero apart from very specific cards like Jaraxxus (Which was awesome to see, don't think anyone was expecting that) because I'm not too keen on Garrosh heading my warrior deck.

The $1 price point for a booster sounds fair but is one of those addictive prices where it's so low it's easy to justify buying in bulk and then just crafting what you were actually after anyhow.

Overall I think people were expecting more development on something we've already heard about (Allstars, Titan, etc.) and had created a perfect little image on what they wanted to see and then were disappointed when it did actually turn out to be "a little something".

C9H20 03-22-2013 09:07 AM

As an aside, I've just realized I've been miscalling hearthstone all these years as heartstone. :D

Anyway as I've said in the other thread, I can't wait, this will be bloody awesome.

Nazja 03-22-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C9H20 (Post 674920)
As an aside, I've just realized I've been miscalling hearthstone all these years as heartstone. :D

So have I. :kawaii:

Yaskaleh 03-22-2013 09:10 AM

It would be more awesome if it could also be played through wow.

[QUOTE=Nazja;674921]So have I. :kawaii:]

I learned to do it right years ago.

MisterCrow 03-22-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormcaller (Post 674919)
Overall I think people were expecting more development on something we've already heard about (Allstars, Titan, etc.) and had created a perfect little image on what they wanted to see and then were disappointed when it did actually turn out to be "a little something".

It's always difficult when people think their expectations MUST be met. Blizzard did everything to telegraph what this was without spoiling the surprise, and people ignored all the tells that it wasn't going to be something huge.

All that being said, I'm realizing it's a great announcement to throw at PAXEast. My only worry now is whether or not they'll have room at BlizzCon to have demo machines for that, the next WoW expansion, D3, AND Legacy of the Void.

Not that I'll be there, mind you. (Dammit.)

C9H20 03-22-2013 09:19 AM

Here is the homepage:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

Ku'ja 03-22-2013 09:24 AM

People forget its F2P so i doubt they are the only characters you can choose from.. it looks like you can buy more along with earn them just as easily.

MisterCrow 03-22-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ku'ja (Post 674937)
People forget its F2P so i doubt they are the only characters you can choose from.. it looks like you can buy more along with earn them just as easily.

I am pretty interested to see if there will be any connectivity between Hearthstone and WoW. I mean the inference is "this is a game you play back at the inns when you're not out questing/raiding/arena-ing" but it also seems like it'll be completely independent of WoW.

I could totally see achievements granting you new cards, though.

C9H20 03-22-2013 09:35 AM

Anybody know who that Paladin hero is? I didn't recognize him, looks a bit like Uther though I am not 100% on that.
Also did you guys notice how the starter heroes are 4 Horde, 4 Alliance, and that BE sidekick of Varian's who kinda straddles the middle between the factions. Poor Blizzard, traumatized by bias criers has to balance everything to be perfectly equal. :P

Anyway Cemotucu asked if there will be more heroes other than those few we were shown initially. I think yes because I saw a gnoll hero in the demo vid.

Gortrash 03-22-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCrow (Post 674941)
I am pretty interested to see if there will be any connectivity between Hearthstone and WoW. I mean the inference is "this is a game you play back at the inns when you're not out questing/raiding/arena-ing" but it also seems like it'll be completely independent of WoW.

I could totally see achievements granting you new cards, though.

I totally expect to see NPC's thrown in future expansions/content patches in taverns around Azeroth who can be seen playing the game as a reference to the actual thing and since the whole concept of the game is exactly this - yo're a Warcraft character who plays an in-universe board game against other Warcraft characters in a tavern with a dwarf narrator/commentator.

Gadinhad 03-22-2013 09:40 AM

It's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel!!!!