Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   Halls of Lordaeron (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Umbridge's Inquisitorial Squad - The American Politics Thread (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=8540)

Noitora 09-24-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 964837)
Well I don't want that happening to me. Better vote Republican.

I'm a liberal black 23 year old living in the suburbs with my parents with my Community "state" college degree in Arts. I also don't dislike Muslims.

Leviathon 09-24-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fojar (Post 964683)
I mean that they didn't even fully achieve their easiest objective, which was kill a particular nationality of people. These guys suck.

To be fair people of all colors look the same. There's rarely a magical difference between culture groups. I wouldn't expect much intelligence in what terrorists in these groups say when the groups typically recruit lower intelligence individuals.

PajamaSalad 09-24-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noitora (Post 964859)
I'm a liberal black 23 year old living in the suburbs with my parents with my Community "state" college degree in Arts. I also don't dislike Muslims.

What is any of this suppose to mean?

Noitora 09-24-2013 09:03 PM

Anyone who's not black looks alike to me.

Leviathon 09-24-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noitora (Post 964870)
Anyone who's not black looks alike to me.

It's alright all blacks look the same to me.

Lord Eliphas 09-24-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Proof that even humans can be monsters
There is ample proof of that.

Just put any 'Liberal' or 'Conservative' in a room and tell them foreign policy.

Soon they'll be justifying monsters and daemons for the greater good, a term they hardly know of, and be even the greater monster.

As they are the ones justifyin, and creating, those monsters they now defend and only defend because they do not directly affect them. Give them a little button torture, oh sure, they'll turn around and begin to talk about the depravities

But that's because they soon realized their skin is not as strong as they think, and monsters are a cannibalistic sort.

Saranus 09-24-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Eliphas (Post 964874)
There is ample proof of that.

Just put any 'Liberal' or 'Conservative' in a room and tell them foreign policy.

Soon they'll be justifying monsters and daemons for the greater good, a term they hardly know of, and be even the greater monster.

As they are the ones justifyin, and creating, those monsters they now defend and only defend because they do not directly affect them. Give them a little button torture, oh sure, they'll turn around and begin to talk about the depravities

But that's because they soon realized their skin is not as strong as they think, and monsters are a cannibalistic sort.

See, the fact that you spell 'demon' with an 'a' is one of the many reasons no one can take you seriously. Which is a shame.

PajamaSalad 09-24-2013 09:20 PM

But Lord Eliphas what if you are the monster?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...eelRealization

Noitora 09-24-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saranus (Post 964878)
See, the fact that you spell 'demon' with an 'a' is one of the many reasons no one can take you seriously. Which is a shame.

Do you think he's a European trapped in an American's body?

Saranus 09-24-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noitora (Post 964884)
Do you think he's a European trapped in an American's body?

More the fact that his diction is some bastard mixture of Elder Scrolls lore and Song of Ice and Fire novels, but his strange phrasings and awkward sentence structure make it mostly incomprehensible.

Fojar 09-24-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Eliphas (Post 964874)
There is ample proof of that.

Just put any 'Liberal' or 'Conservative' in a room and tell them foreign policy.

Soon they'll be justifying monsters and daemons for the greater good, a term they hardly know of, and be even the greater monster.

As they are the ones justifyin, and creating, those monsters they now defend and only defend because they do not directly affect them. Give them a little button torture, oh sure, they'll turn around and begin to talk about the depravities

But that's because they soon realized their skin is not as strong as they think, and monsters are a cannibalistic sort.

I'll bet that when confronted about the history of their ideology, communists would never have to justify or defend horrible bullshit.

Bolvar 09-24-2013 11:30 PM

" ...when Im out presenting myself to the world as me, who graduated from college, who had family who cared about me, who has a well-read background, I f**king conjugate.

He's literally his character from Pulp Fiction in real life... amazing...

Ashendant 09-25-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saranus (Post 964878)
See, the fact that you spell 'demon' with an 'a' is one of the many reasons no one can take you seriously. Which is a shame.

I think he was making a warhammer 40k reference...

PajamaSalad 09-25-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolvar (Post 964914)

Wasn't he really supportive of Obama before hand? I wonder how many votes celebrity endorsements get for the Democratic party.

Bolvar 09-25-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 965076)
Wasn't he really supportive of Obama before hand? I wonder how many votes celebrity endorsements get for the Democratic party.

Who knows? I hope at least a few of them are embarrassed in hindsight over their slobbering, cult-like worship of him in that creepy "yes we can" video they did for his campaign in '08.

Ded Chikn 09-25-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolvar (Post 965079)
Who knows? I hope at least a few of them are embarrassed in hindsight over their slobbering, cult-like worship of him in that creepy "yes we can" video they did for his campaign in '08.

Patton Oswalt, a comedian I enjoy immensely, has a bit about how awesome it's going to be to have Obama in office and how he can't wait because everything is going to get better. I actually have to skip it when it comes on my ipod, not because Obama bothers me, but because it's so wrong in hindsight. Also a majority of it is "It's going to be awesome having a black guy as president".

Warlock 09-25-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ded Chikn (Post 965082)
Patton Oswalt, a comedian I enjoy immensely, has a bit about how awesome it's going to be to have Obama in office and how he can't wait because everything is going to get better. I actually have to skip it when it comes on my ipod, not because Obama bothers me, but because it's so wrong in hindsight. Also a majority of it is "It's going to be awesome having a black guy as president".

I don't mind celebrities supporting/endorsing Obama. I just hate when they slobber over him and/or campaign for him (esp when that involves attacking Republicans, which was often during the election).

PajamaSalad 09-25-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock (Post 965187)
I don't mind celebrities supporting/endorsing Obama. I just hate when they slobber over him and/or campaign for him (esp when that involves attacking Republicans, which was often during the election).

I just feel like the satire, especially from the comedians, encourages people to emulate it. It isn't very fun to be ridiculed for your political beliefs when they basically repeat what a comedian has said. I think it just makes things more toxic.

Noitora 09-25-2013 02:48 PM


Saranus 09-25-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 965191)
I just feel like the satire, especially from the comedians, encourages people to emulate it. It isn't very fun to be ridiculed for your political beliefs when they basically repeat what a comedian has said. I think it just makes things more toxic.

That's what comedians do. They ridicule people. They look at society and call out bullshit. Everyone gets made fun of by comedians.

PajamaSalad 09-25-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saranus (Post 965203)
That's what comedians do. They ridicule people. They look at society and call out bullshit. Everyone gets made fun of by comedians.

Yeah they are good at presenting an idea because they got the linguistics down but they aren't masters of policy.

Garotar 09-25-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 965207)
Yeah they are good at presenting an idea because they got the linguistics down but they aren't masters of policy.

Masters of policy are not really masters of policy either. Not anymore anyway.

Saranus 09-25-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 965207)
Yeah they are good at presenting an idea because they got the linguistics down but they aren't masters of policy.

Yeah, but they don't claim to be masters of policy either do they? They're comedians, they only thing they're trying to do is make people laugh. Why are you trying to hold them to this standard of political integrity when it has nothing to do with their actual job? They aren't trying to "present ideas" as if it's some sort of lecture or sermon where changing people's minds is important. They're trying to create laughs. They are entertainers, their material is made up of what they have experienced to be entertaining for audiences.

Furthermore, since political satire is such an obvious gold mine for comedy, why aren't there extremely popular comedians and satire shows that make fun of Democrats and Obama on a regular basis? Somehow I don't think you would be making a fuss if there was. Shouldn't there be a big market for this? Shouldn't some shrewd capitalist see the opportunity for this untapped market? Aren't there tons of people who would eat up a show that made fun of MSNBC and Obama gaffes? Do you believe there's a conspiracy in the world of comedy to hate and discredit Republicans?

Noitora 09-25-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saranus (Post 965209)
Yeah, but they don't claim to be masters of policy either do they? They're comedians, they only thing they're trying to do is make people laugh. Why are you trying to hold them to this standard of political integrity when it has nothing to do with their actual job? They aren't trying to "present ideas" as if it's some sort of lecture or sermon where changing people's minds is important. They're trying to create laughs. They are entertainers, their material is made up of what they have experienced to be entertaining for audiences.

Furthermore, since political satire is such an obvious gold mine for comedy, why aren't there extremely popular comedians and satire shows that make fun of Democrats and Obama on a regular basis? Shouldn't there be a big market for this? Aren't there tons of people who would eat up a show that made fun of MSNBC and Obama gaffes? Do you believe there's a conspiracy in the world of comedy to hate and discredit Republicans?

Oh you don't wanna ask that question.

PajamaSalad 09-25-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saranus (Post 965209)
Yeah, but they don't claim to be masters of policy either do they? They're comedians, they only thing they're trying to do is make people laugh. Why are you trying to hold them to this standard of political integrity when it has nothing to do with their actual job? They aren't trying to "present ideas" as if it's some sort of lecture or sermon where changing people's minds is important. They're trying to create laughs. They are entertainers, their material is made up of what they have experienced to be entertaining for audiences.

Furthermore, since political satire is such an obvious gold mine for comedy, why aren't there extremely popular comedians and satire shows that make fun of Democrats and Obama on a regular basis? Somehow I don't think you would be making a fuss if there was. Shouldn't there be a big market for this? Shouldn't some shrewd capitalist see the opportunity for this untapped market? Aren't there tons of people who would eat up a show that made fun of MSNBC and Obama gaffes? Do you believe there's a conspiracy in the world of comedy to hate and discredit Republicans?

I am allowed to present ideas just as much as they are. My idea just happens to be criticizing them. I do think even if they don't understand the positions they take that they do have influence on people's minds. I don't think that influence is a good thing in a democratic society. It is the reason why democracy doesn't always choose the best leaders.

There are some things that criticize Democrats in that format. I didn't defend them.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.