Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   Overwatch Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Kings Row Uprising Event (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=221139)

Sonneillon 04-09-2017 07:49 AM

Kings Row Uprising Event

Broke off from the main thread to discuss the content of this event. This came as sort of a surprise which characters are going to get a hero given the current lineup and history of who's gotten skins most recently.

This is the current lineup:
Ana: 12 Skins (Halloween) (Rooster)
Bastion: 13 Skins (Halloween) (Blizzcon) (Origins) (Rooster)
D.va: 12 Skins (Summer Games) (Rooster+)
Genji: 12 Skins (Summer Games) (Heroes of the Storm)
Hanzo: 11 Skins (Halloween)
Junkrat: 12 Skins (Halloween+) (Rooster)
Lucio: 13 Skins (Summer Games+ X2) (Christmas)
McCree: 12 Skins (Summer Games) (Christmas)
Mei: 13 Skins (Christmas+) (Rooster+ X2)
Mercy: 13 Skins (Summer Games) (Halloween+) (Rooster)
Orisa: 10 Skins
Pharah: 13 Skins (Halloween) (Origins) (Christmas)
Reaper: 13 Skins (Halloween+) (Origins) (Christmas)
Reinhardt: 14 Skins (Halloween) (Rooster+)
Roadhog: 13 Skins (Halloween+) (Christmas) (Rooster+)
Soldier 76: 12 Skins (Halloween) (Origins)
Sombra: 11 Skins (Christmas)
Symmetra: 12 Skins (Halloween) (Rooster)
Torbjörn: 12 Skins (Summer Games) (Christmas+)
Tracer: 15 Skins (Summer Games+ X2) (Origins) (Christmas+) (Rooster)
Widowmaker: 12 Skins (Summer Games)
Winston: 12 Skins (Christmas+) (Rooster+)
Zarya: 13 Skins (Summer Games+ X2) (Christmas)
Zenyata: 13 Skins (Halloween) (Christmas+) (Rooster+)

Possible skins: 2 for Tracer, Reinhardt, Torbjorn, Mercy, McCree, Genji and Bastion as hinted by the comics. Pretty surprised Tracer is getting ANOTHER possibly 2 skins given that she has 15 and theres others with like between 10 and 12 who have had no love in recent history.

Personally I'm pretty pumped for the potential PVE event more than the skins at this time.

handclaw 04-09-2017 07:58 AM

There is a bit of speculation that Widowmaker getting a skin as well. Primarly, I think because Jeff mentioned that they were working on a skin for her.

Sonneillon 04-09-2017 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handclaw (Post 1573065)
There is a bit of speculation that Widowmaker getting a skin as well. Primarly, I think because Jeff mentioned that they were working on a skin for her.

I suppose she is tied to Kings Row because of her short, but her costume isn't any different in it. They could make her a non cannon Overwatch skin I suppose but I think it's more likely (and I'd prefer) we might she her early Talon outfit featured at the end of Ana's Legacy comic. It's much more likely though given the 3 unique skins and one recolour shown so far that shes likely going to get a recolour as well if they do infact add Genji or Bastion. Bastion I feel is likely going to get the purple Omnic skin mostly because they need to have something to fight for the event.

Gromak 04-09-2017 08:55 AM

What exactly do you when you talk about a purple Omnic skin for Bastion? I don't think I've seen that one.

handclaw 04-09-2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonneillon (Post 1573067)
I suppose she is tied to Kings Row because of her short, but her costume isn't any different in it. They could make her a non cannon Overwatch skin I suppose but I think it's more likely (and I'd prefer) we might she her early Talon outfit featured at the end of Ana's Legacy comic. It's much more likely though given the 3 unique skins and one recolour shown so far that shes likely going to get a recolour as well if they do infact add Genji or Bastion. Bastion I feel is likely going to get the purple Omnic skin mostly because they need to have something to fight for the event.

Actually, the theory is that the skin of her will be from the time she assassinated her husband, which is referenced in the comic. (the Overwatch official being murdered). Current speculation is that the skin would be a "normal" skin of her before she returned to Talon to complete her treatment which turned her skin blue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gromak (Post 1573078)
What exactly do you when you talk about a purple Omnic skin for Bastion? I don't think I've seen that one.

http://comic.playoverwatch.com/issue...ages/2/2-2.png

He talks about the omnic attacking McCree here.

Drusus 04-09-2017 09:12 AM

There ought to be an 'older' Soldier 76 and Ana Origins skin.

Sonneillon 04-09-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gromak (Post 1573078)

I'm at work on my phone so I can't get the picture for you, but in the first few pages of the comic we are shown an assault mode dual turret with a laser (possibly turret mode given its power portions) and a recon mode that looks similar to bastions frame. The colour choices are so odd for the environment that's really the only conclusion I can draw. Plus we need omnics to fight in the event.

Edit: Handclaw got your back.

Gromak 04-09-2017 09:23 AM

Ah, thank you.

Anansi 04-09-2017 10:15 AM

I didn't know we had a tag for 'skinned elf hides' but I think it's appropriate for threads about character skins.

handclaw 04-10-2017 01:00 PM

edit: Bah, video got taken down already. French version of the trailer for the event got posted early. Lots of omnics. Also, skins.

Gromak 04-10-2017 01:06 PM

Fuck me, that Genji skin.

Time to git gud with him.

Mending 04-10-2017 01:15 PM

Sonn, you were right about the purple Bastion skin.

Gromak 04-10-2017 01:19 PM

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...31/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...72/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...28/unknown.png

These skins are absolutely fantastic.

handclaw 04-10-2017 01:20 PM

Mending 04-10-2017 01:25 PM

YOOOOOO! I didn't think we'd get an Orisa skin this early!!!

Anansi 04-10-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anansi (Post 1573097)
I didn't know we had a tag for 'skinned elf hides' but I think it's appropriate for threads about character skins.

Apparently some stick-in-the-mud mod doesn't share my sense of humor.

Sonneillon 04-10-2017 01:44 PM

Man, a big part of me wants to click that video and I just saw the three skins featured in those pictures.... on the other hand it's out in 24 hours, don't think I need to spoil it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mending (Post 1573502)
YOOOOOO! I didn't think we'd get an Orisa skin this early!!!

I had considered we might be getting one in the same theme as the Bastion as another Omnic to fight. But I wasn't sure since it seems like theres a lot of legendary skins already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mending (Post 1573497)
Sonn, you were right about the purple Bastion skin.

Awwww yeah. I love how deception it looked... I cant wait to see it tomorrow.

I guess I'll see you all in soon and I'll avoid further spoilers.

Mutterscrawl 04-10-2017 02:56 PM

All those little dog/raptor bots looked pretty cool

Wonder if theyre true omnics or drones?

PajamaSalad 04-10-2017 05:13 PM

Mercy knows when you put your hair down things get serious.

Sonneillon 04-11-2017 12:55 PM

Holy hell! The brawl is amazing, I just finished it on Torb before the DDOS attack killed everything and it's EXACTLY what I want out of this damned game. The world feels alive, I was a god damned Omnic crushing machine. Absolutely fantastic, I've nothing negative to say about it.

Mutterscrawl 04-11-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonneillon (Post 1573873)
Holy hell! The brawl is amazing, I just finished it on Torb before the DDOS attack killed everything and it's EXACTLY what I want out of this damned game. The world feels alive, I was a god damned Omnic crushing machine. Absolutely fantastic, I've nothing negative to say about it.

A DDOS attack? Wtf?

Sonneillon 04-11-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl (Post 1573875)
A DDOS attack? Wtf?

That's usually what happens when Blizzard launches anything and that's what people are saying. It's also likely game industry code for when anything goes wrong, "Just blame it on a DDOS attack"

PajamaSalad 04-11-2017 05:03 PM

So does Talon make you wear uniforms that expose your midriff? I have never had to wear a uniform like that. How does she not get cold? Is it suppose to be a distraction?

Mutterscrawl 04-11-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PajamaSalad (Post 1573981)
So does Talon make you wear uniforms that expose your midriff? I have never had to wear a uniform like that. How does she not get cold? Is it suppose to be a distraction?

In old comics and cartoons someone in the censor board decided Chaste is good and Sexy is evil so that people would want to be responsible but it backfired and instead we all just got sexy villains in tropes forever

PajamaSalad 04-11-2017 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl (Post 1573988)
In old comics and cartoons someone in the censor board decided Chaste is good and Sexy is evil so that people would want to be responsible but it backfired and instead we all just got sexy villains in tropes forever

So Widowmaker is just advertising to the world her reproductive viability by showing off her tummy because she is promiscuous and wants all the sex. Are bad guy factions just constant orgies and hedonism?

I don't even know if it is chaste to not expose yourself. I guess Genji is doing it too. Clothing is suppose to protect you from the environment and enemy weapons especially when it is supposedly an official uniform. :P