Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   General Blizzard Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Blizzard Community Blues (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=221051)

Montoya 12-27-2016 07:45 PM

Blizzard Community Blues

I'm loving Legion and enjoying the rest of Blizzard's games lately.

As far as the community is concerned, I feel out of place. Old. Everywhere I look on Twitter I see younger people that I don't really fit in with. Even the Blizzard staff look fresh out of high school to me now. Their topic of conversation is also typically difficult for me to relate to. Am I getting too old for the Blizzard community? Does anyone else feel a shift compared to even a few years ago? I know part of that is social media in general (I don't understand how to use Snapchat, even though I tried a few times), but it's all a bit jarring to me.

One thing that's good is that when I play WoW and group up with people I can mostly relate. It's mostly on Twitter, forum posts, and outside the game community stuff that I feel totally out of place. Thoughts?

SmokeBlader 12-27-2016 07:49 PM

It means you are a level headed individual who should avoid social media at all costs. Follow artists for their works if you want but ignore opinions/discussions as they're both cringy and poisonous.

Montoya 12-27-2016 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeBlader (Post 1548206)
It means you are a level headed individual who should avoid social media at all costs. Follow artists for their works if you want but ignore opinions/discussions as they're both cringy and poisonous.

Thanks, Smoke. You just made me realize that I fit in here just fine and this is part of the Blizzard Community :D *hug*

Maybe I'll lay off Twitter and whatnot, it's a mess in there.

Hammerbrew 12-28-2016 03:33 AM

Twitter is absolutely cancerous, nothing to do with WarCraft itself, it's just the very nature of Twitter.

Avoid at all costs.

Noitora 12-28-2016 07:59 AM

How old are you, because I feel as if you're exaggerating.

Omacron 12-28-2016 11:26 AM

Get busy changing, or get busy dying.

Montoya 12-28-2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noitora (Post 1548289)
How old are you, because I feel as if you're exaggerating.

I'm only 30. I've been married for 7 years and have two children... so that's ages me a bit I guess compared to the average 30.

I guess I'll get busy dying.

Joeygiggles 12-28-2016 10:39 PM

Im 32 going on 33 I can see where you are coming from however just ignore aspects on social media as others have said social media in itself is horrible at times. I read some of this stuff and I cant believe how much garbage is spewed by some of these people

Gurzog 12-29-2016 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeygiggles (Post 1548473)
Im 32 going on 33 I can see where you are coming from however just ignore aspects on social media as others have said social media in itself is horrible at times. I read some of this stuff and I cant believe how much garbage is spewed by some of these people

I thought you were like 21

Yorenec 12-30-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeBlader (Post 1548206)

This is sound advice. I'm early 30's as well and I largely avoid social media. Feel much better off for it.

But I'm also in this weird situation where nearly everyone I hang out with IRL is 5+years older than me and nearly everyone I hang out with online with the exception of two people I've been gaming with since the late 90's is 5+ years younger than me.

Sonneillon 12-30-2016 11:28 AM

I'm in my mid 30s, I'm right there with ya.

Joeygiggles 12-30-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1548639)
I thought you were like 21

I look 21
My actions will sometimes reflect the image of someone who is younger due to me allowing things to build up and me losing my shit and lashing out like a younger individual.

Gurzog 12-30-2016 06:57 PM

yeah i hate you more now.

Joeygiggles 12-30-2016 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1548754)
yeah i hate you more now.

Good stuff, Im ok with this

indojaya 10-29-2019 05:56 AM

maybe you only need to learn a little using these tools.