View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 08:20 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
Nothing about when the Spellbreakers actually were founded? Pre or Post Quel'Thalas Fall, I mean.
I haven't spotted the exact question, but I think a question like this can be asked. It's not a super secret stuff like the fate of the Frostmourne Shards or a question to long to be answered via Twitter. I would ask this myself, but I have my own list of questions and I just don't want to be intrusive.

Since WC3 there were only few references to these guys. Maybe some of them will help.

Quote:
Q: What has become of the blood elf Spellbreakers?
A: While they were already few in number to begin with, the ranks of this formidable fighting force were thinned drastically when their headquarters on the Isle of Quel'Danas was overwhelmed by Kael'thas and his Burning Legion forces. The lone squad that remains now exists as a relic of a bygone era, as the Spellbreakers have refrained from training any new recruits since Kael'thas's betrayal.
"Relic of a bygone era", headquarters on the Isle of Quel'Danas. Sounds like a high elven thing. If the order was created after the destruction of the Sunwell, why their base would be situated there? But it's just my guess. On the other hand, they could as well build their base there. For some reasons.

As for Twitter, it's the only conversation about the spellbreakers, I remember of. There's also a list of lore tweets in Russian. (spare link) So you'll need to use google translator.

Quote:
Q: How did Lorthemar convince the Spellbreakers to come out of retirement for IoT?
A: I've been told that "Lor'themar is kick starting old training programs for any weapons he can use...in the future".

Q: So there are new spellbreakers? Not just ones that are out of retirement?
A: It would appear so, judging from what I was told.
The only spellbreakers in game are Silvermoon Spellbreakers from the Isle of Thunder. And maybe Sunblade Mage Guards.