Thread: Dishonored
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 10:44 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
But why? Fate is stupid.

Nah, I don't buy it. I think Burrows' decline can easily and appropriately be chalked up to the frailty of the human psyche, and that most alluring of paths we follow to hell.

Now the whale oil thing, that might have something to do with something. The Outsider seems to have some kind of connection to the abyss, and to the unknowable creatures that swim within it. We haven't seen a lot of obvious consequences for it so far, but it has been played up as an ambiguously Bad Thing. It's possible that burning all that shining blood is somehow disrupting a cosmic balance we can barely comprehend. Hell, we could even speculate it's related to why so many people are being marked in recent years.
1. Because it's preferable to the High Chaos route being canon.

I agree fate is stupid and can't actually be a thing in a universe where free will exists, but the notion that the universe clings to certain patterns is preferable to Emperor Corvo the Black

2. The Whale Oil could definitely be an issue, but it already seems to be dying down in Dishonored 2 since they're running out of whales, hrm...

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/