Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-26-2018, 06:30 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Edit:
Have any datamined been made on the standard races and 7.3.5 allied race options? New skins/options/customization for old and allied races? Upright orcs?
Nope, nothing.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:32 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
They updated the Old Zombie models, but this version is new, we all know who is undead and on fire...
I love updated old stuff. Makes the old world feel so much better.
So far, I've identified chickens, cats, the old world frogs (FINALLY! The old ones were horrible!), prairie dogs, diemetradons, pterrordaxes (thought I'm not sure these will replace the old ones, as they have a sitting animation, just like Blizzard didn't replace the old harpies with the new ones from Legion), LIGHTNING lightning lizzards, winged serpents, threshadons, hyenas...

What else?

Edit:
Seems like all spider models have been updated as well, but I found not images. Just someone commenting in the MMO-C thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram View Post
Nope, nothing.
Nothing as in "no news yet, datamining still ongoing", or nothing as "no, people searched it but nothing was found"?

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 01-26-2018 at 06:44 AM..
Old 01-26-2018, 06:36 AM

Banished

Quote:
Nothing as in "no news yet, datamining still ongoing", or nothing as "no, people searched it but nothing was found"?
Maybe first, since everyone rushing for new stuff, but most likely second.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:45 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Maybe first, since everyone rushing for new stuff, but most likely second.
I expected to at least see the upright orc model.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:50 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
apparently zandalari bear form is a Direhorn and their flightform a pterrordax.
Source please. Everywhere i have only seen the travel raptor and pterrodax. I know you mostly talk rubbish but i'm desperate enough for this to be true that i'll try anyway.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:57 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
Source please. Everywhere i have only seen the travel raptor and pterrodax. I know you mostly talk rubbish but i'm desperate enough for this to be true that i'll try anyway.
http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/262551-direhorn-form

I am going by that it is similar to the other spells (for raptor form and pterrordax) but just with the -30% damage taken, and that sounds quite tanky

but i dunno might be a npc spell
Old 01-26-2018, 06:57 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
It's Gurzog. He always gurzogs his posts.

No, Blizzard confirmed that "action" forms (bear, cat, moonkin) are always the same beast, because they want to keep consistency in the druid lore.

Which I think it's a missed opportunity... I'd love to see worgen turn into big werewolf tanks or a worgen form. Or zandalari to become dinomancers, with direhorn form.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:59 AM

Problemsolver

Aahh! Fucking Ganon.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:04 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Aahh! Fucking Ganon.
Probably related to the quillboar in Kul Tiras.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:04 AM

Faerie Dragon

I'm really intrigued by the witchcraft theme in Kul'tiras, it looks like the leaders of the houses are transformed into monsters or something? where is all that coming from? new Shadowlands lore maybe?
Old 01-26-2018, 07:07 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/262551-direhorn-form

I am going by that it is similar to the other spells (for raptor form and pterrordax) but just with the -30% damage taken, and that sounds quite tanky

but i dunno might be a npc spell
Almost certainly an npc spell but hey its something i guess.
Quote:

No, Blizzard confirmed that "action" forms (bear, cat, moonkin) are always the same beast, because they want to keep consistency in the druid lore.

Which I think it's a missed opportunity... I'd love to see worgen turn into big werewolf tanks or a worgen form. Or zandalari to become dinomancers, with direhorn form.
I know, hence the latter disclaimer but I live in hope for them to realise its a stupid decision they should reverse.

Giving playable Zandalari Druids that don't turn into dinosaurs is completely missing the point. I'd rather they dropped the class from them even. Its not just disappointing, its damaging their racial identity for the sake of laze.

That and Druidism was expanded to include Loa and the like for a reason. Making Night Elves the only aspect of Druidism for everyone is damaging both categories and its time they broadened their horizons.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:08 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
I'm really intrigued by the witchcraft theme in Kul'tiras, it looks like the leaders of the houses are transformed into monsters or something? where is all that coming from? new Shadowlands lore maybe?
Yep. People of Drustvar, including Noble House, making pacts with Drusts, who trying to return from Shadowlands to their lands.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:09 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

They updated Genn's worgen form:

Also, a new fungus-man race: The Fungarians. They look kind of like some of the art from Hearthstone.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 01-26-2018 at 07:11 AM..
Old 01-26-2018, 07:22 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eillas View Post
There is text that says there is a second kalimdor warfront
I just went through the listing you linked and wasn't able to identify this text.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:25 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:

Blizzard also confirmed your shit elves are dead and gone. Too few to form a faction.

That means you should drop the bone.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:30 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:

You are an idiot.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:33 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Blizzard also confirmed your shit elves are dead and gone. Too few to form a faction.

That means you should drop the bone.
Was there any need to bring that subject, specially under such aggressive tone, or do you just like being an ass?

Quote:
You are an idiot.
And you are Gurzog.

So I guess both of us have problems.

Quote:
I know, hence the latter disclaimer but I live in hope for them to realise its a stupid decision they should reverse.

Giving playable Zandalari Druids that don't turn into dinosaurs is completely missing the point. I'd rather they dropped the class from them even. Its not just disappointing, its damaging their racial identity for the sake of laze.

That and Druidism was expanded to include Loa and the like for a reason. Making Night Elves the only aspect of Druidism for everyone is damaging both categories and its time they broadened their horizons.
I hate that they made all druids linked to Cenarion Circle in some way. All druids just copy night elf druidism, making both night elf culture generic and ignoring the cultures of the other races. Druids, shaman and priests really would benefit from racial variations on spells.

Last edited by Deicide; 01-26-2018 at 07:36 AM..
Old 01-26-2018, 07:35 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

These are not the posts you meant to make. You will now all be civil and succumb to my Jedi mind tricks.

Last edited by Nazja; 01-26-2018 at 07:41 AM..
Old 01-26-2018, 07:43 AM

Banished

Matched armor icons. Finally pants for cloth
https://imgur.com/a/H6rhg
Old 01-26-2018, 07:48 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Was there any need to bring that subject, specially under such aggressive tone, or do you just like being an ass?
Maybe not, but he had a point and the High Elves were a good way of demonstrating it. Fans have asked for High Elves for years, and in what almost looks like a middle finger to those fans, Blizzard conjured up Void Elves.

No one asked for Void Elves, most commentary I've seen thinks that the idea is ridiculous, and while I don't sympathize with people who want playable High Elves, I can see how Void Elves violate and foreclose upon what they wanted to see in the game. Blizzard hasn't backed off and won't back off, because Void Elves are what *they* want. What *you* want as a fan doesn't matter to them.

That principle applies equally to what you want to see from Zandalari druid forms. It would be awesome if they had different forms, but that doesn't mesh with what Blizzard wants. You can be upset, but it's never going to change. Again because Blizzard does not care about what you as a fan want.

So, what's your recourse? Well, you can either accept it, and say that despite that you're never getting what you want, you still believe that the game is worth what you are going to pay for it, or, you can withhold that money unless and until Blizzard does what you want them to do, possibly diverting it instead to developers who are willing to give you content that you will enjoy.

Last edited by Kyalin V. Raintree; 01-26-2018 at 07:55 AM..
Old 01-26-2018, 07:49 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Matched armor icons. Finally pants for cloth
https://imgur.com/a/H6rhg
Those seem to be very nice.
So, there are three tiers of gear from Warfronts?
I wonder if Warfronts have 3 difficulties, or if we upgrade the gear in some way.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:50 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

The Siege of Lordaeron
Blighted Grounds

Evacuate wounded soldiers before they are infected by plague gas.
The Light is Fading
Fall back with King Anduin Wrynn.

The Fall of Lordaeron
Evacuate the Heart of the City
Evacuate the Remainder of Undercity
Our Secret Weapon

Use blight on Alliance forces to drive them away.
To Battle!
Use the Portal to meet with Sylvanas Windrunner.
Cry Havoc
Sylvanas has called for the retreat.

So it looks like my theory that "Undercity isn't defensible" means "there's nothing left to defend" is correct. Undercity is going to be plagued (which Southshore established that not even the forsaken can live in) as a scorched earth tactic, which makes it even more of a parallel to Teldrassil (since the Horde can't occupying a burning tree any more than the Alliance could occupy a blighted wasteland).
Old 01-26-2018, 07:58 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
Maybe not, but he had a point and the High Elves were a good way of demonstrating it. Fans have asked for High Elves for years, and in what almost looks like a middle finger to those fans, Blizzard conjured up Void Elves.
No, he has no point.

I just repeated what Blizzard said about their current plans for the druid action forms for next expansion. And then I showed empathy by also saying I'd love if Blizzard broke that pattern because it would be way more awesome, and would make sense, if they decided to make action forms more varied per race. Also, what I said have no weight in the long run. Blizzard could still change its mind later at some point.

Which is completely different to how all those elf discussions go, with a lot of rude replies that reduce the subject to just "no, shut up, it'll never happen, idiot".

And why would people bring the elf discussion to this thread? I'm being civil and discussing the datamining and info on next BfA. That was just a pointless attack to try to rile me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
The Siege of Lordaeron
Blighted Grounds

Evacuate wounded soldiers before they are infected by plague gas.
The Light is Fading
Fall back with King Anduin Wrynn.

The Fall of Lordaeron
Evacuate the Heart of the City
Evacuate the Remainder of Undercity
Our Secret Weapon

Use blight on Alliance forces to drive them away.
To Battle!
Use the Portal to meet with Sylvanas Windrunner.
Cry Havoc
Sylvanas has called for the retreat.

So it looks like my theory that "Undercity isn't defensible" means "there's nothing left to defend" is correct. Undercity is going to be plagued (which Southshore established that not even the forsaken can live in) as a scorched earth tactic, which makes it even more of a parallel to Teldrassil (since the Horde can't occupying a burning tree any more than the Alliance could occupy a blighted wasteland).
I knew something like that would happen, but I was kinda expecting the ruins to collapse over the Undercity, leaving an unusable crater.

But I was expecting the Alliance to surprise everyone with a counter-measure to the plague. Attacking Lordaeron without accounting for the blight looks very idiotic.

Last edited by Deicide; 01-26-2018 at 08:01 AM..
Old 01-26-2018, 08:01 AM

Arch-Druid

Female dire troll looks nice. Nothing on Dark Irons so far yet
Old 01-26-2018, 08:07 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Kul Tiras and Zandalar minimaps.

Interestingly, Kul Tiras is far more complete than Zandalar. Tiragarde Sound and Drustvar look practically finished, terrain wise, while every Zandalar zone needs a lot of work done.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft