Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3376  
Old 01-26-2018, 11:35 AM
Aneurysm Aneurysm is offline

Problemsolver
Aneurysm's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there, and everywhere.
Posts: 9,316

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin View Post
Ganon mobs AND spawn of Shub-Niggurath. This expansion is looking better with every update.
Reply With Quote
  #3377  
Old 01-26-2018, 11:41 AM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
It seems to the Horde's counterpart to the Lightforged racial mount, which is just a slight recolor of the already available lightforged elekks from 7.3.
Aren't the elekks relatively hard to get, though? Everyone's gonna get at least ONE of the direhorns with a bit of farming, they drop pretty good (getting them to drop the last one you need, not duplicates, is the real problem ) but for an elekk you gotta be lucky with the bag, no?

On topic: screw all of this, give me Taunka.
Reply With Quote
  #3378  
Old 01-26-2018, 11:48 AM
Aram Aram is offline

Banished
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: South Korea
Posts: 228

Default

Kul Tiras weapons: https://imgur.com/a/knXjs

Reply With Quote
  #3379  
Old 01-26-2018, 12:16 PM
Rhllor Rhllor is offline

Arch-Druid
Rhllor's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,036

Default

zandalari kids

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3380  
Old 01-26-2018, 12:25 PM
Krakhed Krakhed is offline

Arch-Druid
Krakhed's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I thought G'huun was an experiment gone wrong. God fucking damn it.
He probably is an experiment gone wrong. What sort of experiment is something of a mystery. In other Old Gods news, behold Xal'zaix. Adding the apostrophe there myself, because we know what Xal's tend to be.

Artifacts possessed by the spirit of an Old God, à la Xal'atath and Xal'atoh.


Makes me think "Atoh" and "Atath" are their words for Axe and Knife, with Xal indicating the divine nature of the artifact. Now, this box here is "Zaix", which makes sense since it's not a weapon. The name would follow a different format. However, we already have a Shathyar translation for Zaix, "Praise". So, that might be "The Divine Praise".

If it serves as some kind of religious guidance for the Seapriests, that might be fitting.
Reply With Quote
  #3381  
Old 01-26-2018, 12:41 PM
Kyalin V. Raintree Kyalin V. Raintree is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Kyalin V. Raintree's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 587

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram View Post
Just in blizzard official moving to other job can happen later than actual. So he most likely was on vacation and working on HS.

He also was asked in some interview about Storheim story and he answered that he has nothing to do with that and that Alex and WoW team doing really good stuff, or something like that.
It wouldn't surprise me that the lead narrative guy would not be the best person to ask about individual zones. Delegation is needed for any large project, and back when Kosak was designing quests, he gave a lot more detailed answers.

As for your first paragraph, it's conjecture. I can't accept that over his stated job description.
__________________

Last edited by Kyalin V. Raintree; 01-26-2018 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3382  
Old 01-26-2018, 12:48 PM
Aram Aram is offline

Banished
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: South Korea
Posts: 228

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
As for your first paragraph, it's conjecture, and it disagrees with his job description.
Nope, I know it for a fact. And I gave example about Storheim, cause Sylvanas/Genn is his work, but in time of Storheim development he's already not working on it and in answer he separate himself from Alex and WoW team.

Last edited by Aram; 01-26-2018 at 12:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3383  
Old 01-26-2018, 12:51 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
Ah, very clever. The "wait and see" brigade is already getting ready to move the goalposts again for when the expansion details confirm the worst (or rather the usual) for Night Elven development.

"Wait for the beta"
"Wait for the full release"
"Wait for the next patch" (x3)
"Wait for the next expansion"

Like I haven't already seen that for the past seven years. But moving then to the next expansion before this expansion's beta is even out? That's innovative!
starting to like you.
Reply With Quote
  #3384  
Old 01-26-2018, 12:58 PM
Kyalin V. Raintree Kyalin V. Raintree is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Kyalin V. Raintree's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 587

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram View Post
Nope, I know it for a fact. And I gave example about Storheim, cause Sylvanas/Genn is his work, but in time of Storheim development he's already not working on it.
If you have evidence to back up that fact, I would like to see it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3385  
Old 01-26-2018, 01:06 PM
Aram Aram is offline

Banished
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: South Korea
Posts: 228

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
If you have evidence to back up that fact, I would like to see it.
I'll look for evidence in public space, but not sure.
Reply With Quote
  #3386  
Old 01-26-2018, 01:14 PM
Eelgrin Eelgrin is offline

Demon Hunter
Eelgrin's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 446

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
In other Old Gods news, behold Xal'zaix. Adding the apostrophe there myself, because we know what Xal's tend to be.

Artifacts possessed by the spirit of an Old God, à la Xal'atath and Xal'atoh.


Makes me think "Atoh" and "Atath" are their words for Axe and Knife, with Xal indicating the divine nature of the artifact. Now, this box here is "Zaix", which makes sense since it's not a weapon. The name would follow a different format. However, we already have a Shathyar translation for Zaix, "Praise". So, that might be "The Divine Praise".

If it serves as some kind of religious guidance for the Seapriests, that might be fitting.
Not sure of the scale, but it almost looks like a cloth hood/helm, with the swirly purple where the face opening would be.
Reply With Quote
  #3387  
Old 01-26-2018, 02:00 PM
Krakhed Krakhed is offline

Arch-Druid
Krakhed's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelgrin View Post
Not sure of the scale, but it almost looks like a cloth hood/helm, with the swirly purple where the face opening would be.
Considering that it seems to be using the Mindbender model, I think you might be exactly right. If it attaches to someone's head, it'd look like a hood. Considering the origin, and how it obscures the face, it probably allows its parent Old God to assume direct control.

Last edited by Krakhed; 01-26-2018 at 02:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3388  
Old 01-26-2018, 02:17 PM
Yarathir Yarathir is offline

Eternal
Yarathir's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Considering that it seems to be using the Mindbender model, I think you might be exactly right. If it attaches to someone's head, it'd look like a hood. Considering the origin, and how it obscures the face, it probably allows its parent Old God to assume direct control.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
At this point, I agree.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Reply With Quote
  #3389  
Old 01-26-2018, 03:14 PM
Kyalin V. Raintree Kyalin V. Raintree is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Kyalin V. Raintree's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 587

Default

Something from the official forums on material not included in the datamined information.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...0897764?page=1
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3390  
Old 01-26-2018, 03:15 PM
Ethenil Ethenil is offline

Eternal
Ethenil's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,665

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
He probably is an experiment gone wrong. What sort of experiment is something of a mystery. In other Old Gods news, behold Xal'zaix. Adding the apostrophe there myself, because we know what Xal's tend to be.

Artifacts possessed by the spirit of an Old God, à la Xal'atath and Xal'atoh.


Makes me think "Atoh" and "Atath" are their words for Axe and Knife, with Xal indicating the divine nature of the artifact. Now, this box here is "Zaix", which makes sense since it's not a weapon. The name would follow a different format. However, we already have a Shathyar translation for Zaix, "Praise". So, that might be "The Divine Praise".

If it serves as some kind of religious guidance for the Seapriests, that might be fitting.
The Void thing that Alleria absorbs in Mac'Aree is called Nhal'athoth for the record. The fel/void boss in alt Hellfire Citadel is called Nhallish.
Reply With Quote
  #3391  
Old 01-26-2018, 03:33 PM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,506
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
And you are Gurzog.
Gurzog is one of the most useful posting members we have around. Most of the early 7.3.5 PTR screenshots that were being handed around in discords were taken by him, you fucking genius.

You're doing us a disservice. Drop the fucking bone, shitpiece.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3392  
Old 01-26-2018, 03:40 PM
Krakhed Krakhed is offline

Arch-Druid
Krakhed's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
The Void thing that Alleria absorbs in Mac'Aree is called Nhal'athoth for the record. The fel/void boss in alt Hellfire Citadel is called Nhallish.
In that case, I suspect "Nhal" is a similar kind of title. "Athoth" could just be a reference to Azathoth, or it could indicate a kind of weapon.

Exploring the idea of this thing here, I noticed the primary adversary on Zandalar happens to be the Blood God G'huun. A fleshy abomination of blood and life. Kul Tiras seems to be dealing with a more spiritual threat in Drustvar, but I'm wondering if that spreads even further beyond.

Perhaps G'huun is merely the flesh of an Old God, and its soul is elsewhere. Perhaps on Kul Tiras. It'd at least be a little interesting to have a body/soul theme going on there.
Reply With Quote
  #3393  
Old 01-26-2018, 03:54 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,945

Default

First of all, don't use another poster's name synonymously as an insult.

Second, if this has happened to you, do not reply in kind.

Third, Krainz, I am giving you your first warning. Whether you like another poster's opinion or not, they have a right to express themselves. This crusade against Kyalin and Deicide stops now. Use the ignore function or ignore them manually.

Last edited by Nazja; 01-26-2018 at 03:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3394  
Old 01-26-2018, 03:58 PM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,506
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
First of all, don't use another poster's name synonymously as an insult.

Second, if this has happened to you, do not reply in kind.

Third, Krainz, I am giving you your first warning. Whether you like another poster's opinion or not, they have a right to express themselves. This crusade against Kyalin and Deicide stops now.
Finally I got your attention!

The issue is harassment on other posters, especially when they are being useful and sharing information, like Gurzog. If that stupid attitude stops, then you won't see me bitching. Everybody wins.

Telling others to ignore a specific person isn't just harassment, it's guerilla censorship. And a very petty one at that.

Also Kyalin has been fine recently. Whoever said to wait for next expansion just vomited bullshit.

Funny how I have to bring about shit elves so you start caring about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
In that case, I suspect "Nhal" is a similar kind of title. "Athoth" could just be a reference to Azathoth, or it could indicate a kind of weapon.

Exploring the idea of this thing here, I noticed the primary adversary on Zandalar happens to be the Blood God G'huun. A fleshy abomination of blood and life. Kul Tiras seems to be dealing with a more spiritual threat in Drustvar, but I'm wondering if that spreads even further beyond.

Perhaps G'huun is merely the flesh of an Old God, and its soul is elsewhere. Perhaps on Kul Tiras. It'd at least be a little interesting to have a body/soul theme going on there.
I want to believe that G'huun is an experiment on N'zoth, but I don't think the writers would do something like that. There are no connecting dots.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3395  
Old 01-26-2018, 04:00 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

I just wanna take a moment to say "HA I TOLD YOU SO" at Sylvanas leaving Lordaeron (or at least, Capital City) a plagued wasteland rather than letting the Alliance have it
Reply With Quote
  #3396  
Old 01-26-2018, 04:01 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Gurzog is one of the most useful posting members we have around. Most of the early 7.3.5 PTR screenshots that were being handed around in discords were taken by him, you fucking genius.

You're doing us a disservice. Drop the fucking bone, shitpiece.
didnt-.... actually fuck it.

I appreciate it buddy .

Also the term Gurzogging is misused as fuck (same with shitposting i would say here) Gurzogging is when the ptr or alpha comes up and you say "Stormwind is burning" and people buy into it, which is essentially trolling since you fool people and then they get mad and lose their temper.

You might say the direhorn thing was that, but it wasnt because of the use of the word apparently.

I talk to cats in my free time.

Last edited by Gurzog; 01-26-2018 at 04:16 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3397  
Old 01-26-2018, 04:21 PM
Kyalin V. Raintree Kyalin V. Raintree is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Kyalin V. Raintree's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 587

Default

For the record, if Krainz has been on a crusade against me, I haven't noticed it. The sentiment is appreciated, and I'm not commenting on other matters, but his conduct towards me at least from my perspective has been in bounds.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3398  
Old 01-26-2018, 04:55 PM
Insane Guy of Doom Insane Guy of Doom is offline

Time-Lost Proto Nerd
Insane Guy of Doom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,998

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
I just wanna take a moment to say "HA I TOLD YOU SO" at Sylvanas leaving Lordaeron (or at least, Capital City) a plagued wasteland rather than letting the Alliance have it
This does however suggest that the Horde will never retake Undercity. Southshore in Cata points out that not only can the Forsaken not survive in heavily blighted environments (let alone the rest of the Horde) they also point out it would take hundreds of years to make the area liveable again. That also means, due to parity, Teldrassil is gone forever (I was holding out hope that since, in all the images the tree is burnt but intact, the druids might have been able to heal it).

Also, there is a map for "Nazjatar," so it's probably the "Nighthold"/second launch raid of BfA. I had hoped for it to be a zone.
Reply With Quote
  #3399  
Old 01-26-2018, 05:20 PM
Kyalin V. Raintree Kyalin V. Raintree is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Kyalin V. Raintree's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 587

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
This does however suggest that the Horde will never retake Undercity. Southshore in Cata points out that not only can the Forsaken not survive in heavily blighted environments (let alone the rest of the Horde) they also point out it would take hundreds of years to make the area liveable again. That also means, due to parity, Teldrassil is gone forever (I was holding out hope that since, in all the images the tree is burnt but intact, the druids might have been able to heal it).

Also, there is a map for "Nazjatar," so it's probably the "Nighthold"/second launch raid of BfA. I had hoped for it to be a zone.
Though, on the bright side, and I don't usually do this, it does suggest that the Horde in a clear way blunts the offensive. If the Night Elves for parity's sake do the same and end up still fighting in Northern Kalimdor, as the Forsaken appear to be still fighting in the Eastern Kingdoms, that is a very good development.

Also on parity, I recall reading in a thread on the official forums that the Alliance attack from the sea, not via a land invasion which implies a takeover of Silver pine. I have not personally confirmed this assertion, but if it bears out, then parity also demands that the Night Elven presence in Northern Kalimdor remains, and that the attack on Teldrassil likewise came from the sea. The sea path diverting to Darkshore (not Dustwallow) confirms this.

If that bears out, then it changes everything. The Night Elves don't laughably lose in a land campaign in thier home turf. Teldrassil simply does not matter if this is the case. The Night Elves don't need a new "home", because now they are holding their real home.

Am I holding out hope about this? Absolutely not, but I do acknowledge the possibility, and am, for once about something in this expansion, excited if it pans out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3400  
Old 01-26-2018, 05:22 PM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,506
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

I just noticed something.

Ships.



That means the Alliance didn't get to Lordaeron through portals.

Which leads us to believe that portals also weren't used by the Horde to reach Teldrassil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
For the record, if Krainz has been on a crusade against me, I haven't noticed it. The sentiment is appreciated, and I'm not commenting on other matters, but his conduct towards me at least from my perspective has been in bounds.
That's because you weren't in the SoL Discord when I was having a ragefit over Night Elf fans.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.