Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-23-2018, 09:01 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
It is most likely there for gameplay reasons. Blizz likely remembers how basically everyone still used the Vale's capital cities during WoD because of how shit Ashran was in terms of getting around the game, thus dividing the playerbase even more. They probably don't want that again.
Oh, that might be a reasonable reason. I mean, the Undercity portal is important to get to the old world, do old EK raids and stuff

Even if it ports to the ruins of Lordaeron instead, but still.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:52 PM

Sha of Disappointment

They're going to have to add some porting-stuff for bloodelf players anyway, might as well keep a tiny little outpost with Zep Towers somewhere at the edge of Tirisfal. Maybe that little unused area to the west? A little last-ditch fallback position. With the Silvermoon Translocation Orb for lowies, and flying for everyone else, it really doesn't matter WHERE that little hub would be.

That or the portal just poops you out over an Alliance base.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:33 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
They're going to have to add some porting-stuff for bloodelf players anyway, might as well keep a tiny little outpost with Zep Towers somewhere at the edge of Tirisfal. Maybe that little unused area to the west? A little last-ditch fallback position. With the Silvermoon Translocation Orb for lowies, and flying for everyone else, it really doesn't matter WHERE that little hub would be.

That or the portal just poops you out over an Alliance base.
Lowbies won't see any changes. The phasing will only happen for levels 110. I'm almost certain this is confirmed info.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:02 AM

Arch-Druid

Yep, it will be most likely as Theramore. (Where you can still port to as a Mage, besides it being nuked.)

They will (as always) put Zidormi in the Zone, so that people can switch back phases, and that's it. Ditto Teldrassil.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:23 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
It is most likely there for gameplay reasons. Blizz likely remembers how basically everyone still used the Vale's capital cities during WoD because of how shit Ashran was in terms of getting around the game, thus dividing the playerbase even more. They probably don't want that again.
Funny thing. Up until the Argus patch I had my HS set to the Vale, because it took longer time to load in Dalaran and all the players there, than it did loading in the entire MoP map for me.
Old 02-24-2018, 05:00 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Funny thing. Up until the Argus patch I had my HS set to the Vale, because it took longer time to load in Dalaran and all the players there, than it did loading in the entire MoP map for me.
I knew I wasnt the only one. And its gonna get more common over time, as the newer expansions get heavier and i wont buy an entire new computer yet just to play a game in ultra settings.

Now, where are they reloating the Forsaken and Nelves? Considering the environments they come from and that creating new capital cities might not be a priority for them, while keeping them in the same continent their factions control, I think, if they plan to do something like that, the Forsaken will be dumped on Darkshore, and the Night Elves on Seradane/Twilight Grove.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post
I knew I wasnt the only one. And its gonna get more common over time, as the newer expansions get heavier and i wont buy an entire new computer yet just to play a game in ultra settings.

Now, where are they reloating the Forsaken and Nelves? Considering the environments they come from and that creating new capital cities might not be a priority for them, while keeping them in the same continent their factions control, I think, if they plan to do something like that, the Forsaken will be dumped on Darkshore, and the Night Elves on Seradane/Twilight Grove.
I don't think Blizzard is planning on relocating them anywhere right now. They'll just be refugees without homes.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 02-24-2018, 06:32 AM

Eternal

Quote:

If they must be on the Eastern Kingdoms, building a new nation around Seradane would indeed be the best option. However, the best thing storywise would be for the kaldorei to build a new capital around the Temple of Elune in Val'sharah, fortifying the Black Rook Hold and Moon Guard Stronghold against the Highmountain and Suramar, perhaps also allying with Farondis and his Court, by way of finding a way to reverse his curse someone, maybe through Elune, this dividing the Broken Isles.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:32 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Personally I hope they don't "relocate" them anywhere. So far, the information we have suggests that the Forsaken only lose Tirisfal - it was an amphibious landing after all and the Horde are able to get all the way to Arathi. Applying parity, the Night Elves should only lose Teldrassil - a city and a zone, whle continuing the fight out of Ashenvale, Darkshore, etc. (i.e. Their REAL home)

But the realist in me says "a teepee and a wigwam".
Old 02-24-2018, 08:44 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
Personally I hope they don't "relocate" them anywhere. So far, the information we have suggests that the Forsaken only lose Tirisfal - it was an amphibious landing after all and the Horde are able to get all the way to Arathi. Applying parity, the Night Elves should only lose Teldrassil - a city and a zone, whle continuing the fight out of Ashenvale, Darkshore, etc. (i.e. Their REAL home)

But the realist in me says "a teepee and a wigwam".
actually sylvanas evacuates the forsaken to kalimdor. the forces of the horde as a whole continue to fight in lordaeron, more the leaders of arathi warfront are lady liadrin, Eitrigg and rokhan
Old 02-24-2018, 02:16 PM

Elune

I could give two shits about Mag'har, whether or not they're from the AU or MU and whatnot, but as an upright proud orc shaman I am fucking furious that those sweet warpaints are not available to green orcs, too.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:41 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
actually sylvanas evacuates the forsaken to kalimdor. the forces of the horde as a whole continue to fight in lordaeron, more the leaders of arathi warfront are lady liadrin, Eitrigg and rokhan
Which is somewhat baffling. The only Horde stronghold left in the EK would be Silvermoon and for them to fight in Arathi they would need to project power through the Plaguelands and the Hinterlands, projection that would be subject to easy interdiction by the Alliance even if you assume the Argents are still neutral.

On the other hand fuck it who cares
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:44 PM

Faerie Dragon
Send a message via MSN to Hades

Blue Stormwind-themed Stromgarde.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:54 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Which is somewhat baffling. The only Horde stronghold left in the EK would be Silvermoon and for them to fight in Arathi they would need to project power through the Plaguelands and the Hinterlands, projection that would be subject to easy interdiction by the Alliance even if you assume the Argents are still neutral.

I figure they're shipping stuff by sea out of Silvermoon, and then down to Revantusk village and then overland to Hammerfall and then this... new town.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-24-2018, 02:59 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:

They should have used Gilneas instead or something.

It's Blizzard, did you expect common sense?

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 02-24-2018, 03:22 PM

Arch-Druid

Main reason for it is this:

To give players some kind of Arathi Revamp.

Also:

Strageticly, Arathi is the only land connection to Alliance Controlled Territories and makes actually a very good bridge head, landwise. (We still don't know how much territory the Horde has completly given up in the EK and how much guerilla fighting goes on.)

Last edited by Vineyard; 02-24-2018 at 03:32 PM..
Old 02-24-2018, 03:42 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
WoD's mistake was being a shit expansion. We can take assets from it freely that aren't crap. The AU conceit itself was not a bad one. The mis-handling and abandonment of the expansion halfway through development was what made the expansion so crap.
You. I like you more than the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:06 PM

Elune

Even in terms of guerilla resistance the only ones who are really in a position to do that are the Revantusk and they would have to contend with Wildhammer, who are from the same land, and Worgen, who are basically anti-guerillas

It's really fucking funny though how the Horde insists on trying to maintain some kind of foothold on the EK no matter how many Horde soldiers die doing so when they have virtually no reason to do so.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:13 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

it is not difficult to imagine in reality because silver hand will surely be neutral more if lady liadrin directs the quelthalas forces in the warfront she was an important champion in the paladin classhall.
in hinterlands the horde has the forest trolls revantusk and in arathi the orcs of hammerfall.
the composition of the commanders of the horde is well a blood elf, a troll and an orc. if we follow that line
Old 02-24-2018, 04:17 PM

Elune

I will be lollin forever if the Argents are STILL neutral in BfA.

Incidentally, looking at Reclaimed Lordaeron in the Alpha, I'm not the only one who has noticed that once the Alliance retakes the city the sun returns. Combined with the large amount of Forsaken plague spreaders stationed in the ruins, it makes me wonder if the Forsaken have actually been keeping Tirisfal plagued all this time, Scourge Cauldron style?
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:19 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Even in terms of guerilla resistance the only ones who are really in a position to do that are the Revantusk and they would have to contend with Wildhammer, who are from the same land, and Worgen, who are basically anti-guerillas

It's really fucking funny though how the Horde insists on trying to maintain some kind of foothold on the EK no matter how many Horde soldiers die doing so when they have virtually no reason to do so.
the orcs have been living in arathi since the time of the second war, the forest trolls and blood elves live in lordaeron since before humans existed. clearly they have reasons to defend their homes
Old 02-24-2018, 05:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
the orcs have been living in arathi since the time of the second war, the forest trolls and blood elves live in lordaeron since before humans existed. clearly they have reasons to defend their homes
The only one of those groups that predate human settlement are the trolls, and they haven't controlled Arathi for 7000 years, and furthermore, the Alliance doesn't seem interested in Eastern Hinterlands or Zul'Aman. The ones who are the biggest threat to the forest trolls there are ironically the Blood Elves.

Alot of this comes back to the fact that the Horde's motivations in this war make no goddamn sense, in part because right now all we know is that one day Sylvanas decided to unilaterally start a war (or rather, expand the one she's personally been waging since Warcraft 3) with the Alliance that has, at the start of the expansion, gotten the Horde nearly expelled from the Eastern Kingdoms for no obvious gain aside from Teldrassil whose interest for the Horde doesn't go beyond strategic location. Yet Horde NPC's and characters, and I'm assuming the PC, have decided to fight the Alliance with a baffling degree of insane viciousness even though they don't have any clear reason to do so beyond the vague sense of immaterial grievance that seems to motivate the Horde constantly.

At the very least I'm pleased to see that the Alliance is finally, finally sick of all this bullshit from the Horde and doesn't seem to be messing around this time.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 02-24-2018, 05:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
The only one of those groups that predate human settlement are the trolls, and they haven't controlled Arathi for 7000 years, and furthermore, the Alliance doesn't seem interested in Eastern Hinterlands or Zul'Aman. The ones who are the biggest threat to the forest trolls there are ironically the Blood Elves.

Alot of this comes back to the fact that the Horde's motivations in this war make no goddamn sense, in part because right now all we know is that one day Sylvanas decided to unilaterally start a war (or rather, expand the one she's personally been waging since Warcraft 3) with the Alliance that has, at the start of the expansion, gotten the Horde nearly expelled from the Eastern Kingdoms for no obvious gain aside from Teldrassil whose interest for the Horde doesn't go beyond strategic location. Yet Horde NPC's and characters, and I'm assuming the PC, have decided to fight the Alliance with a baffling degree of insane viciousness even though they don't have any clear reason to do so beyond the vague sense of immaterial grievance that seems to motivate the Horde constantly.

At the very least I'm pleased to see that the Alliance is finally, finally sick of all this bullshit from the Horde and doesn't seem to be messing around this time.
the horde fights a war in lordaeron in the same way that the alliance fights a war in kalimdor
Old 02-24-2018, 05:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
the horde fights a war in lordaeron in the same way that the alliance fights a war in kalimdor
With Theramore and Teldrassil gone the Alliance doesn't have all that much reason to fight in Kalimdor either, but the Night Elves retain a far greater reason to fight in Kalimdor than the Blood Elves or Orcs do in Arathi.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:16 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
With Theramore and Teldrassil gone the Alliance doesn't have all that much reason to fight in Kalimdor either, but the Night Elves retain a far greater reason to fight in Kalimdor than the Blood Elves or Orcs do in Arathi.
Why the blood elves have no reason to fight?
I do not think that Arathi Orcs simply leave Hammerfall is an important place for them, that's where they were liberated and Doomhammer died.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft