Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 08-26-2013, 04:23 AM
Tauren Paly Tauren Paly is offline

Eternal
Tauren Paly's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In your mind
Posts: 4,712

Default

What it confirmed really, is that many alliance players (not all) are a bunch of unsatisfied whining douchebags that want want want.

He's right, they cannot do anymore then this. Allaince players are literally ignoring everything blizzard actually does in favor of wanting mooooore. They can't do anymore because it would begin to alienate half the playerbase of this game.

You got your character development, got your revenge in places, you get to siege the hordes capital city, the same as you siege undercity.. and its never going to be enough for you whiny cretins.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-26-2013, 04:24 AM
neoshadow neoshadow is offline

Elune
neoshadow's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,395

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
What it confirmed really, is that many alliance players (not all) are a bunch of unsatisfied whining douchebags that want want want.

He's right, they cannot do anymore then this. Allaince players are literally ignoring everything blizzard actually does in favor of wanting mooooore. They can't do anymore because it would begin to alienate half the playerbase of this game.

You got your character development, got your revenge in places, you get to siege the hordes capital city, the same as you siege undercity.. and its never going to be enough for you whiny cretins.
they wanna make them our wins? stop making the horde come out better regardless
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Neocat's got it all figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-26-2013, 04:36 AM
Yarathir Yarathir is offline

Eternal
Yarathir's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
What it confirmed really, is that many alliance players (not all) are a bunch of unsatisfied whining douchebags that want want want.

He's right, they cannot do anymore then this. Allaince players are literally ignoring everything blizzard actually does in favor of wanting mooooore. They can't do anymore because it would begin to alienate half the playerbase of this game.

You got your character development, got your revenge in places, you get to siege the hordes capital city, the same as you siege undercity.. and its never going to be enough for you whiny cretins.

Not wanting to read/disregarding the valid points and posts many posters make doesn't make you any less wrong about yours.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
At this point, I agree.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-26-2013, 04:52 AM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,245

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhinyAlly View Post
Still makes the "Alliance fist-pump" more legitimate, even if it still sounds like bullshit.
Am I the only one who feels that "fist-pump" is the name of some weird fetish?


Also disappointed at the apparent purge of Undercity Kor'kron, another opportunity for good orcs wasted. Will be much more disappointed when next expansion other Horde races are hunky dory with the orcs, even though their heartily supported Garrosh shenanigans should get them kicked out of the Horde at this point.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-26-2013, 04:58 AM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Pffft, screw that. Bro hugs are where it's at.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-26-2013, 04:58 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

I'm pretty curious about the Titan Old god stuff Kosak couldn't answer. Hope it plays a part in the next expansion, and bring the Iron Dwarves back!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:01 AM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Am I the only one who feels that "fist-pump" is the name of some weird fetish?
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:03 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Admin
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,968

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
I'm pretty curious about the Titan Old god stuff Kosak couldn't answer. Hope it plays a part in the next expansion, and bring the Iron Dwarves back!
I wouldn't mind them being playable, instead or despite regular dwarves.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:05 AM
neoshadow neoshadow is offline

Elune
neoshadow's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,395

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
too many jokes on how to use the word "pump"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Neocat's got it all figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:16 AM
Yarathir Yarathir is offline

Eternal
Yarathir's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I wouldn't mind them being playable, instead or despite regular dwarves.

"sub-races".


Iron Dwarves, Dark Iron Dwarves, Stone Dwarves.


Gnomes, Leper Gnomes, Mechagnomes.


Etc etc.



Yes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
At this point, I agree.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:17 AM
Odok Odok is offline

Arch-Druid
Odok's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,987
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
What it confirmed really, is that many alliance players (not all) are a bunch of unsatisfied whining douchebags that want want want.

He's right, they cannot do anymore then this. Allaince players are literally ignoring everything blizzard actually does in favor of wanting mooooore. They can't do anymore because it would begin to alienate half the playerbase of this game.

You got your character development, got your revenge in places, you get to siege the hordes capital city, the same as you siege undercity.. and its never going to be enough for you whiny cretins.
C'mon man, you know as well as the rest of us that Horde aren't allowed to have fun in the game. Because Cataclysm.
__________________
Head Canon: The Deathwing Gambit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:21 AM
Yarathir Yarathir is offline

Eternal
Yarathir's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
C'mon man, you know as well as the rest of us that Horde aren't allowed to have fun in the game. Because Cataclysm.

H-h-hyperbole.


Ha-ha-hahyperbole alert.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
At this point, I agree.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:22 AM
Volkrin Volkrin is offline

The Digger
Volkrin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 9,019

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:28 AM
Yarathir Yarathir is offline

Eternal
Yarathir's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.

Ha-ha-ha.


I'm so sigging that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
At this point, I agree.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:33 AM
Odok Odok is offline

Arch-Druid
Odok's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,987
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
H-h-hyperbole.


Ha-ha-hahyperbole alert.
No it's not. What's the most common argument seen in threads like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
they wanna make them our wins? stop making the horde come out better regardless
Basically that. Do you not realize that you're advocating for the Horde to have a shittier experience?
__________________
Head Canon: The Deathwing Gambit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:35 AM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

I play Horde and i wouldn't give two shits about a few Alliance Overseers replacing Orgrimmar Guards. The thing is - Alliance players identify WAAAAY too much with their faction than is healthy.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:40 AM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,693
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
I play Horde and i wouldn't give two shits about a few Alliance Overseers replacing Orgrimmar Guards. The thing is - Alliance players identify WAAAAY too much with their faction than is healthy.
You are attributing a few forum posters to a community that I'm not even sure cares. Also I've seen way too much alliance bashing/horde chest bumping outside the game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:42 AM
Jon Targaryen Jon Targaryen is offline

Arch-Druid
Jon Targaryen's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,433
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post
Anduin dying would have been a fistbump moment.
I dunno. WoW had already already overdone the son dying before the father trope even before Saurfang.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 08-26-2013, 06:40 AM
neoshadow neoshadow is offline

Elune
neoshadow's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,395

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post

Basically that. Do you not realize that you're advocating for the Horde to have a shittier experience?
so the horde must have a pristine experience, and the alliance gets scraps?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Neocat's got it all figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 08-26-2013, 06:48 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Admin
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,968

Default

What Blizzard should strive for is a better experience for players on both factions, and not a worse experience on faction X to make up what faction Y had to go through.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 08-26-2013, 06:50 AM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
so the horde must have a pristine experience, and the alliance gets scraps?
People like to fall back on this ol' strawman but in fact, what's being said here is "neither faction should get scraps".
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 08-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
People like to fall back on this ol' strawman but in fact, what's being said here is "neither faction should get scraps".
They shouldn't, so I hope we're all in agreement that saying "you got scraps, be happy with that" doesn't forward a productive conversation.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 08-26-2013, 07:00 AM
Tauren Paly Tauren Paly is offline

Eternal
Tauren Paly's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In your mind
Posts: 4,712

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
Not wanting to read/disregarding the valid points and posts many posters make doesn't make you any less wrong about yours.
its all a soup end of the day, all opinions are just that, opinions. But at least people who TRY and listen to what the developers tell them instead of ignoring it and demanding more. Its fucking blind selfishness.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 08-26-2013, 07:16 AM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Sort of wish they could have Chris Metzen to talk about the story and lore. He is as Jesse Cox puts it the Tony Stark of Blizzard .
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 08-26-2013, 08:09 AM
Aldrius Aldrius is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Aldrius's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,026

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
They shouldn't, so I hope we're all in agreement that saying "you got scraps, be happy with that" doesn't forward a productive conversation.
But I don't see how a huge invasion into Orgrimmar is 'scraps'. People don't like how the characterization for Varian or Tyrande or whatever was done, I can accept that. I don't really like... anyone's characterization particularly.

But acting like Blizzard didn't even try is just ungrateful nonsense.
__________________
"The Demons did their job well. You creatures are as reckless and bloodthirsty as they ever were."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lore, world of warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.