Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 03-03-2010, 02:54 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Default Where will Nesingwary be?

Where do you guys think Hemet and co. will set up shop in Cataclysm? Any speculations? And do you expect D.H.E.T.A. to be involved?

I favor the revamped Southern Barrens or Feralas. The underwater zones would be a cool place too, what with all the strange, aquatic beasts to unmercifully slaughter.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:09 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Probably the "newest" zone would be Deepholme, so maybe he'll be hunting elementals.

STV is getting a major revamp, though, it could be he's returning.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:44 PM

Elune

I think it would be funny if he was in Hyjal.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:52 PM

Eternal

Sunken City of Not-Nazjatar, killing baby dolphines and making sushi out of them.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:00 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
I think it would be funny if he was in Hyjal.
That's what I was thinking. He would be exonerated by the CC if he was hunting Elementals.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:06 PM

Wisp

Maybe he's in Desolate (now green) hunting the rare Forest Kodo.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:17 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Horde Flag

Desolace is the perfect place for him and the D.H.E.T.A.

Run
Old 03-03-2010, 04:19 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Desolace is the perfect place for him and the D.H.E.T.A.
Fuck D.H.E.T.A. ... Hate those bastards... But seriously, with the main focus of this expansion seemingly revolving around Dragons, I wouldn't be surprised if he took his "victory" of the proto-drakes in Northrend a step further and started hunting them for sport.

Last edited by Kalenvor; 03-03-2010 at 04:34 PM..
Old 03-03-2010, 05:19 PM

The Digger

Maybe he's in Grim Batol hunting black dragons. How could the greatest hunter on Azeroth resist the allure of hunting it's most dangerous game?

EDIT: Damn, Kalenvor beat me to the punch, I guess I missed his post when I put down mine.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:44 PM

Owl Scout

This might be a slightly ridiculous idea, but wouldn't it be amazing if they gave him his own instance? Or he was part of an instance at Grim Batol where you go together down into the depths to hunt dragons and such? (Thanks for the location-idea Volkrin)

They could possibly even have the D.H.E.T.A. try to stop you mid-instance as well. Throwing red paint/rotten fruit on your characters and stuff. Maybe they could try to save the dragon welps and get eaten in the process? I know I'd enjoy that.

I just really think WoW needs some more fun and comedic instances with some charm. Kind of like what the Dead Mines has going for it, but... moreso (for a lack of a better explanation coming to mind). I'd just like a less serious, funnier instance with the new expansion.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:51 PM

Elune

I dunno. He seems more of the jungle or savannah safari hunting kind of guy. Stranglethorn Vale, Nagrand, and Sholazar Basin. I am surprised he hasn't gone to Un'Goro Crater yet.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:17 AM

Sha of Disappointment

with DEHTAs nice statue of him i was honestly surprised that there was no quest to kill him. Think that's gonna happen in Cata. With Ressources becoming rarer, killing animals for sports seems rather... well, stupid. But maybe we do it for meat, this time. Anyway, i'd say he shows up in Strangle. No other place really seems to fit for him atm.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:33 AM

Elune

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
with DEHTAs nice statue of him i was honestly surprised that there was no quest to kill him. Think that's gonna happen in Cata. With Ressources becoming rarer, killing animals for sports seems rather... well, stupid. But maybe we do it for meat, this time. Anyway, i'd say he shows up in Strangle. No other place really seems to fit for him atm.
Right back where he started from? Unless something new is added to Stranglethorn Vale, I don't see why he would go back.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:51 AM

Sha of Disappointment

If Strangle gets a revamp, there could be new animals to fight. Also - where else should he go? Strangle, Nagrand and Sholazar - they all are quiet similar. The only places on Azeroth that are likely to go for him (if we assume he only goes to places like this; in Legends he's in Winterquell, so i'm not sure about that) that i know would be revamped Desolace (where a Demon invasion is likely to take place so i don't see the designers placing him there) or the un'goro krater. Which would be basically the same thing as Sholazar. Granted, he could go there, but the thing of Cataclysm is "get all the old things done in a new way", i'd go with Strangle. It's just a guess but one i've thought about.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:26 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Horde Flag

Nesingwary himself confuses me his character traits are totally different in game towards his part of Warcraft: Legends 3. I thought he would have Hunted these animals due to the fact that they are simply a challenge yet in game they have give him traits to be like the Hunters he once defeated in the Manga.

Run
Old 03-04-2010, 05:55 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Nesingwary himself confuses me his character traits are totally different in game towards his part of Warcraft: Legends 3. I thought he would have Hunted these animals due to the fact that they are simply a challenge yet in game they have give him traits to be like the Hunters he once defeated in the Manga.
Maybe the manga isn't canon any more.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:42 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
Speak for yourself. It was always about the meat for me. Only non-cooks have something to feel ashamed about when engaged in the wholesale slaughter of an animal species.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:20 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
Speak for yourself. It was always about the meat for me. Only non-cooks have something to feel ashamed about when engaged in the wholesale slaughter of an animal species.
and LeatherWorkers
Old 03-04-2010, 05:37 PM

Dryad

I think he'd be in the twilight... steppes? Prairies? Plateau? Well, that place
Old 03-04-2010, 07:08 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrantis View Post
I think he'd be in the twilight... steppes? Prairies? Plateau? Well, that place
Highlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 03-05-2010, 06:14 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
The mighty lord Nesingwary demanded a sacrifice, would have been foolish to ignore him.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:53 PM

Owl Scout

Quote:
Where do you guys think Hemet and co. will set up shop in Cataclysm? Any speculations? And do you expect D.H.E.T.A. to be involved?

I favor the revamped Southern Barrens or Feralas. The underwater zones would be a cool place too, what with all the strange, aquatic beasts to unmercifully slaughter.
Don't know. Probably in the centre of the maelstrom hunting hydras or some insane **** like that.

In Wrynn We Trust
Old 03-24-2010, 06:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Nessingwary is all about one-upping his former accomplishments. I'd personally believe we will see him hunting black dragons and in the company of a certain Feranor Steeltoe. Would be a good throwback to WCIII... and the dragon hunter theme matches the expansion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:13 PM

Arch-Druid
Send a message via Yahoo to Joshmaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post
Nessingwary is all about one-upping his former accomplishments. I'd personally believe we will see him hunting black dragons and in the company of a certain Feranor Steeltoe. Would be a good throwback to WCIII... and the dragon hunter theme matches the expansion.
Hey, that IS an idea. I remember that little bit too - and I believe it's an Alliance quest in Badlands you can do to get a similar weapon enchant.

The thing is, with the Nesingwary quests, you need three species to take on. In Stranglethorn it was tigers, panthers and raptors, in Nagrand it was talbuks, clefthooves and windrocs, and in Sholazar it was rhinos, dreadsabers and crocolisks. Though I suppose with this, it'd be black whelps, black dragonspawn and black drakes, ending with a twilight dragon, perhaps?

Horde: Eaglespear - Joshmaul - Sekhesmet - Malkus - Kitrik - Suzl
Alliance: Devaneaux - Jaedenlaek - Vendross - Zherron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornakk
…the ritual came to a close and a demon of untold power (but limited stature) was pulled through the void, kicking and biting and gnashing its teeth, forcibly bound to the mortal world. The warlock, a quizzical expression on his face, regarded his familiar, who was in fact now quite unfamiliar, and inquired, "Who in the hell are you?"
Old 03-24-2010, 07:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul View Post
The thing is, with the Nesingwary quests, you need three species to take on. In Stranglethorn it was tigers, panthers and raptors, in Nagrand it was talbuks, clefthooves and windrocs, and in Sholazar it was rhinos, dreadsabers and crocolisks. Though I suppose with this, it'd be black whelps, black dragonspawn and black drakes, ending with a twilight dragon, perhaps?
You just contradicted yourself. 3, 3, 3, then 4?