Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 07-23-2010, 04:45 PM

Demon Hunter

Default Apparently Sylvanas... *spoilers*

...dies temporarily after being shot by Lord Godfrey whom she brought back as a Forsaken.

Godfrey and his minions ran and hid in Shadowfang Keep after.

Looks like her charm isn't as strong as she thinks it is.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-the-forsaken!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...34#post8426234

And apparently some of the Val'kyr are bound to her so when they brought her back they get destroyed, not sure how that works exactly or if that even make sense.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:15 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Is there any proof that she Charms people other than the spell in Wc3 >.< going by that logic they would have to be Humanoid i dont really get where people are getting this rumor from tbh.

Run
Old 07-23-2010, 07:29 PM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Is there any proof that she Charms people other than the spell in Wc3 >.< going by that logic they would have to be Humanoid i dont really get where people are getting this rumor from tbh.
There's a quest somewhere where the player has to charm newly risen alliance soldiers, and there's suppose to be another. It's hard to find though cause about 12 threads has the same thing in em.

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin
Old 07-23-2010, 07:51 PM

Arch-Druid

OMG!!!! How can Sylvanas die from 1 shot when she litterally takes hundreds of shots during Battle Of Gilneas. It also doesn't make any sence, Sylvanas is a Banshee, she cannot be killed by bullets, her bashee self can just remove itself from the body and possess another one, or possess the old one with a bullethole in it, it's not like that's the worst wound a forsaken lives with.

By the way, isn't Lord Godfrey the guy that jumps off a cliff and dies? wouldn't his legs be completely shattered after doing that? Even if being turned undead, he'd have to glue his bones back together.

Last edited by Reyson; 07-23-2010 at 07:55 PM..
Old 07-23-2010, 08:24 PM

Eternal

If he is not under her control or somehow breaks free, I wonder why Galen is willfully serving her?
Old 07-23-2010, 08:35 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

I'm not exactly sure I understand the point of this... =|
Old 07-23-2010, 08:42 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
I'm not exactly sure I understand the point of this... =|
DISCUSSING IT IN THREE THREADS IS NOT ENOUGH!!!!!

It's pretty clear from the Tirisfal quests that the new Forsaken aren't mind controlled, and the new Forsaken in WPL spawn with the dark lady line before being 'charmed'. I'd say if that's anything beyond a gameplay mechanic, it's precisely because of what happens at the end of Silverpine.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Godfrey and his friends torch down Pyrewood, kill the 7th Legion forces and commander.
Ok, no longer interested.

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peger View Post

It's pretty clear from the Tirisfal quests that the new Forsaken aren't mind controlled, and the new Forsaken in WPL spawn with the dark lady line before being 'charmed'. I'd say if that's anything beyond a gameplay mechanic, it's precisely because of what happens at the end of Silverpine.
Well we're talking about in Silverpine here, I'm pretty sure her new recruits from the area have to be "charmed" since she's using Gilneans and survivors from Hillsbrad in Fenris Isle as soldiers.

I'm guessing her charm isn't as powerful as she thinks so Godfrey was able to break free and went Dick Cheney on her face.

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:

Well, I'm just not sure why they had her die and then brought her back from the dead other than to make her look foolish or something.

Or well, actually, maybe it's to make her appear INVINCIBLE... so even killing her won't end her reign of terror.

On the other hand this comes across as more of Blizzard's awkward and clumsy 'foreshadowing'.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:47 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Well, I'm just not sure why they had her die and then brought her back from the dead other than to make her look foolish or something.

Or well, actually, maybe it's to make her appear INVINCIBLE... so even killing her won't end her reign of terror.

On the other hand this comes across as more of Blizzard's awkward and clumsy 'foreshadowing'.
Yeah but killing her destroys at least three Val'kyrs, rezzing has very expensive reagents.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:49 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofootfury View Post
Ok, no longer interested.
It's a 7th Legion commander and you do not destroy the entire 7th Legion.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:50 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrmKing View Post
Well we're talking about in Silverpine here, I'm pretty sure her new recruits from the area have to be "charmed" since she's using Gilneans and survivors from Hillsbrad in Fenris Isle as soldiers.
Because Scarlet Crusaders would be pleased to join the Forsaken?

Quote:
I'm guessing her charm isn't as powerful as she thinks so Godfrey was able to break free and went Dick Cheney on her face.
Given there's zero evidence of any charm affect before Godfrey kills her and some after, I'm saying it's likely it was implemented after Silverpine as a result of Godfrey, if it was at all.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:54 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Because Scarlet Crusaders would be pleased to join the Forsaken?
Can you make sense in your response?

And no, she's using Gilneans and Hillsbrad survivors on Fenris Isle as new Forsaken. Those people have to be charmed if they are to save her.

Quote:
Given there's zero evidence of any charm affect before Godfrey kills her and some after, I'm saying it's likely it was implemented after Silverpine as a result of Godfrey, if it was at all.
And again, I'm telling you, Gilneans and Hillsbrad survivors hate her guts. So just put two and two together, mmkay?
Old 07-23-2010, 08:56 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Yeah but killing her destroys at least three Val'kyrs, rezzing has very expensive reagents.
Okay, so it's just to make her look like an idiot.

Welp, nothing new for WoW I guess.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:30 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Can you make sense in your response?

And no, she's using Gilneans and Hillsbrad survivors on Fenris Isle as new Forsaken. Those people have to be charmed if they are to save her.

And again, I'm telling you, Gilneans and Hillsbrad survivors hate her guts. So just put two and two together, mmkay?
I suppose I'll have to draw it out for you.

You're saying that there's no need for evidence of the new Forsaken in Silverpine being brainwashed, since the Gilneans/Hilsbrad folk wouldn't want to be Forsaken. The problem there is that the newly risen Forsaken in Tirisfal Glades -most prominently Lilian Voss - likewise wouldn't have wanted to become forsaken in life, and we know for a fact they aren't mind controlled from said character. The fact the Godfrey betrays Sylvanas with no hint of him being mind controlled before said action, and the fact that we get our first hint of some form of mind controlling in WPL which occurs later, implies it is done in response to Godfrey's betrayal and was not implemented previously.

mmkay?

Last edited by Peger; 07-23-2010 at 09:45 PM..
Old 07-23-2010, 10:02 PM

Elune

Same thing happened in Warcraft III I think. Sylvanas tried to kill Arthas with her one shot but some of his supporters came, and she escaped while around three of her banshees were killed instead.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:03 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
It's a 7th Legion commander and you do not destroy the entire 7th Legion.
Godfrey and his men shouldn't be able to take a single 7th Legion soldier, let alone an entire command.

Once again, no longer interested.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:06 PM

Elune

Quote:
Godfrey and his men shouldn't be able to take a single 7th Legion soldier, let alone an entire command.

Maybe they are the newest recruits?
Old 07-23-2010, 10:22 PM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:

"Because they're jerks they must be weak"? Because frankly if Genn is any good at fighting I don't see why they wouldn't be.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:33 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Taking down Sylvanas is more realistic? She held off the freaking Lich King in Icecrown(HoR).

Anyways, if a newbie force of militia gilneans can hold off a Forsaken army, I think they can kill a few 7th Legion soldiers. They really wanted Gilneas, they didn't just send new recruits there to go and die, she wanted to show the force of the Forsaken there.

Not quite so funny when it's your own 'elite' of your faction getting killed by nubbies, now is it?
Old 07-23-2010, 10:46 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
"Because they're jerks they must be weak"? Because frankly if Genn is any good at fighting I don't see why they wouldn't be.
The 7th Legion are hardened veterans, some seeing conflict all the way back in the original two wars.

What's Godfrey ever done? Been a noble his entire life? Seems pretty clear to me which force should come out on top.
Quote:
Not quite so funny when it's your own 'elite' of your faction getting killed by nubbies, now is it?
Tell me again which Horde elite are getting killed by nubbies? I haven't heard about any Kor'kron in low level Alliance zones.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:02 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Tell me again which Horde elite are getting killed by nubbies? I haven't heard about any Kor'kron in low level Alliance zones.
Sylvanas and her army gets beaten back by a bunch of low level Worgen.

What on earth does this have to do with the Kor'kron?
Old 07-23-2010, 11:08 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldriud View Post

7th Legion is the Alliance equivalent to the Kor'kon. Except they have a better boast.

And the S1:7 elite operatives that caught Thrall with trickery get beaten by a bunch of low level goblins.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:10 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Kor'kron are the Horde equivalent of the 7th Legion, and it was simply an example.

Sylvanas and her army are beaten back by Genn, Crowley and their army. And before you say "Well Godrey would be as tough as Genn," don't even go there because that's a ridiculous statement.
Also some random Forsaken troops aren't 7th Legion material either.