Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-23-2010, 04:45 PM
WyrmKing WyrmKing is offline

Demon Hunter
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 477

Default Apparently Sylvanas... *spoilers*

...dies temporarily after being shot by Lord Godfrey whom she brought back as a Forsaken.

Godfrey and his minions ran and hid in Shadowfang Keep after.

Looks like her charm isn't as strong as she thinks it is.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-the-forsaken!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...34#post8426234

And apparently some of the Val'kyr are bound to her so when they brought her back they get destroyed, not sure how that works exactly or if that even make sense.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Ku'ja Ku'ja is offline

Elune
Ku'ja's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cumbria, England !!
Posts: 8,080
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Default

Is there any proof that she Charms people other than the spell in Wc3 >.< going by that logic they would have to be Humanoid i dont really get where people are getting this rumor from tbh.
__________________

Run
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Jigsaw Complex Jigsaw Complex is offline

Sentinel Queen
Jigsaw Complex's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Stormwind
Posts: 871
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Is there any proof that she Charms people other than the spell in Wc3 >.< going by that logic they would have to be Humanoid i dont really get where people are getting this rumor from tbh.
There's a quest somewhere where the player has to charm newly risen alliance soldiers, and there's suppose to be another. It's hard to find though cause about 12 threads has the same thing in em.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
The thought of Genn and them entering Darnassus amuses me.

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Reyson Reyson is offline

Arch-Druid
Reyson's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,174

Default

OMG!!!! How can Sylvanas die from 1 shot when she litterally takes hundreds of shots during Battle Of Gilneas. It also doesn't make any sence, Sylvanas is a Banshee, she cannot be killed by bullets, her bashee self can just remove itself from the body and possess another one, or possess the old one with a bullethole in it, it's not like that's the worst wound a forsaken lives with.

By the way, isn't Lord Godfrey the guy that jumps off a cliff and dies? wouldn't his legs be completely shattered after doing that? Even if being turned undead, he'd have to glue his bones back together.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzsche
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.

Last edited by Reyson; 07-23-2010 at 07:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-23-2010, 08:24 PM
AndyJP AndyJP is offline

Eternal
AndyJP's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 2021
Posts: 4,508

Default

If he is not under her control or somehow breaks free, I wonder why Galen is willfully serving her?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Aldrius Aldrius is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Aldrius's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,025

Default

I'm not exactly sure I understand the point of this... =|
__________________
"The Demons did their job well. You creatures are as reckless and bloodthirsty as they ever were."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Peger Peger is offline

Sentinel Queen
Peger's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Theramore
Posts: 802

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
I'm not exactly sure I understand the point of this... =|
DISCUSSING IT IN THREE THREADS IS NOT ENOUGH!!!!!

It's pretty clear from the Tirisfal quests that the new Forsaken aren't mind controlled, and the new Forsaken in WPL spawn with the dark lady line before being 'charmed'. I'd say if that's anything beyond a gameplay mechanic, it's precisely because of what happens at the end of Silverpine.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Twofootfury Twofootfury is offline

Arch-Druid
Twofootfury's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,232

Default

Quote:
Godfrey and his friends torch down Pyrewood, kill the 7th Legion forces and commander.
Ok, no longer interested.
__________________
Everything that is, is alive.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-23-2010, 08:45 PM
WyrmKing WyrmKing is offline

Demon Hunter
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peger View Post
DISCUSSING IT IN THREE THREADS IS NOT ENOUGH!!!!!

It's pretty clear from the Tirisfal quests that the new Forsaken aren't mind controlled, and the new Forsaken in WPL spawn with the dark lady line before being 'charmed'. I'd say if that's anything beyond a gameplay mechanic, it's precisely because of what happens at the end of Silverpine.
Well we're talking about in Silverpine here, I'm pretty sure her new recruits from the area have to be "charmed" since she's using Gilneans and survivors from Hillsbrad in Fenris Isle as soldiers.

I'm guessing her charm isn't as powerful as she thinks so Godfrey was able to break free and went Dick Cheney on her face.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Aldrius Aldrius is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Aldrius's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,025

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peger View Post
DISCUSSING IT IN THREE THREADS IS NOT ENOUGH!!!!!

It's pretty clear from the Tirisfal quests that the new Forsaken aren't mind controlled, and the new Forsaken in WPL spawn with the dark lady line before being 'charmed'. I'd say if that's anything beyond a gameplay mechanic, it's precisely because of what happens at the end of Silverpine.
Well, I'm just not sure why they had her die and then brought her back from the dead other than to make her look foolish or something.

Or well, actually, maybe it's to make her appear INVINCIBLE... so even killing her won't end her reign of terror.

On the other hand this comes across as more of Blizzard's awkward and clumsy 'foreshadowing'.
__________________
"The Demons did their job well. You creatures are as reckless and bloodthirsty as they ever were."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-23-2010, 08:47 PM
WyrmKing WyrmKing is offline

Demon Hunter
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Well, I'm just not sure why they had her die and then brought her back from the dead other than to make her look foolish or something.

Or well, actually, maybe it's to make her appear INVINCIBLE... so even killing her won't end her reign of terror.

On the other hand this comes across as more of Blizzard's awkward and clumsy 'foreshadowing'.
Yeah but killing her destroys at least three Val'kyrs, rezzing has very expensive reagents.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,277

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofootfury View Post
Ok, no longer interested.
It's a 7th Legion commander and you do not destroy the entire 7th Legion.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Peger Peger is offline

Sentinel Queen
Peger's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Theramore
Posts: 802

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrmKing View Post
Well we're talking about in Silverpine here, I'm pretty sure her new recruits from the area have to be "charmed" since she's using Gilneans and survivors from Hillsbrad in Fenris Isle as soldiers.
Because Scarlet Crusaders would be pleased to join the Forsaken?

Quote:
I'm guessing her charm isn't as powerful as she thinks so Godfrey was able to break free and went Dick Cheney on her face.
Given there's zero evidence of any charm affect before Godfrey kills her and some after, I'm saying it's likely it was implemented after Silverpine as a result of Godfrey, if it was at all.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-23-2010, 08:54 PM
WyrmKing WyrmKing is offline

Demon Hunter
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peger View Post
Because Scarlet Crusaders would be pleased to join the Forsaken?
Can you make sense in your response?

And no, she's using Gilneans and Hillsbrad survivors on Fenris Isle as new Forsaken. Those people have to be charmed if they are to save her.

Quote:
Given there's zero evidence of any charm affect before Godfrey kills her and some after, I'm saying it's likely it was implemented after Silverpine as a result of Godfrey, if it was at all.
And again, I'm telling you, Gilneans and Hillsbrad survivors hate her guts. So just put two and two together, mmkay?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Aldrius Aldrius is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Aldrius's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,025

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrmKing View Post
Yeah but killing her destroys at least three Val'kyrs, rezzing has very expensive reagents.
Okay, so it's just to make her look like an idiot.

Welp, nothing new for WoW I guess.
__________________
"The Demons did their job well. You creatures are as reckless and bloodthirsty as they ever were."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Peger Peger is offline

Sentinel Queen
Peger's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Theramore
Posts: 802

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrmKing View Post
Can you make sense in your response?

And no, she's using Gilneans and Hillsbrad survivors on Fenris Isle as new Forsaken. Those people have to be charmed if they are to save her.



And again, I'm telling you, Gilneans and Hillsbrad survivors hate her guts. So just put two and two together, mmkay?
I suppose I'll have to draw it out for you.

You're saying that there's no need for evidence of the new Forsaken in Silverpine being brainwashed, since the Gilneans/Hilsbrad folk wouldn't want to be Forsaken. The problem there is that the newly risen Forsaken in Tirisfal Glades -most prominently Lilian Voss - likewise wouldn't have wanted to become forsaken in life, and we know for a fact they aren't mind controlled from said character. The fact the Godfrey betrays Sylvanas with no hint of him being mind controlled before said action, and the fact that we get our first hint of some form of mind controlling in WPL which occurs later, implies it is done in response to Godfrey's betrayal and was not implemented previously.

mmkay?

Last edited by Peger; 07-23-2010 at 09:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Rolandius Rolandius is offline

Elune
Rolandius's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States of America
Posts: 6,588

Default

Same thing happened in Warcraft III I think. Sylvanas tried to kill Arthas with her one shot but some of his supporters came, and she escaped while around three of her banshees were killed instead.
__________________
"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Twofootfury Twofootfury is offline

Arch-Druid
Twofootfury's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,232

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
It's a 7th Legion commander and you do not destroy the entire 7th Legion.
Godfrey and his men shouldn't be able to take a single 7th Legion soldier, let alone an entire command.

Once again, no longer interested.
__________________
Everything that is, is alive.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Rolandius Rolandius is offline

Elune
Rolandius's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States of America
Posts: 6,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofootfury View Post
Godfrey and his men shouldn't be able to take a single 7th Legion soldier, let alone an entire command.

Once again, no longer interested.
Maybe they are the newest recruits?
__________________
"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,503

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofootfury View Post
Godfrey and his men shouldn't be able to take a single 7th Legion soldier, let alone an entire command.

Once again, no longer interested.
"Because they're jerks they must be weak"? Because frankly if Genn is any good at fighting I don't see why they wouldn't be.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Reyson Reyson is offline

Arch-Druid
Reyson's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,174

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofootfury View Post
Godfrey and his men shouldn't be able to take a single 7th Legion soldier, let alone an entire command.

Once again, no longer interested.
Taking down Sylvanas is more realistic? She held off the freaking Lich King in Icecrown(HoR).

Anyways, if a newbie force of militia gilneans can hold off a Forsaken army, I think they can kill a few 7th Legion soldiers. They really wanted Gilneas, they didn't just send new recruits there to go and die, she wanted to show the force of the Forsaken there.

Not quite so funny when it's your own 'elite' of your faction getting killed by nubbies, now is it?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzsche
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Twofootfury Twofootfury is offline

Arch-Druid
Twofootfury's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,232

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
"Because they're jerks they must be weak"? Because frankly if Genn is any good at fighting I don't see why they wouldn't be.
The 7th Legion are hardened veterans, some seeing conflict all the way back in the original two wars.

What's Godfrey ever done? Been a noble his entire life? Seems pretty clear to me which force should come out on top.
Quote:
Not quite so funny when it's your own 'elite' of your faction getting killed by nubbies, now is it?
Tell me again which Horde elite are getting killed by nubbies? I haven't heard about any Kor'kron in low level Alliance zones.
__________________
Everything that is, is alive.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Aldrius Aldrius is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Aldrius's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,025

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofootfury View Post
Tell me again which Horde elite are getting killed by nubbies? I haven't heard about any Kor'kron in low level Alliance zones.
Sylvanas and her army gets beaten back by a bunch of low level Worgen.

What on earth does this have to do with the Kor'kron?
__________________
"The Demons did their job well. You creatures are as reckless and bloodthirsty as they ever were."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Yuber8900 Yuber8900 is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Yuber8900's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,660

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldriud View Post
Sylvanas and her army gets beaten back by a bunch of low level Worgen.

What on earth does this have to do with the Kor'kron?
7th Legion is the Alliance equivalent to the Kor'kon. Except they have a better boast.

And the S1:7 elite operatives that caught Thrall with trickery get beaten by a bunch of low level goblins.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Twofootfury Twofootfury is offline

Arch-Druid
Twofootfury's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,232

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Sylvanas and her army gets beaten back by a bunch of low level Worgen.

What on earth does this have to do with the Kor'kron?
Kor'kron are the Horde equivalent of the 7th Legion, and it was simply an example.

Sylvanas and her army are beaten back by Genn, Crowley and their army. And before you say "Well Godrey would be as tough as Genn," don't even go there because that's a ridiculous statement.
Also some random Forsaken troops aren't 7th Legion material either.
__________________
Everything that is, is alive.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.