Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default The Scrolls of Lore Fundraiser

Announcement posted here: http://scrollsoflore.com/forums/announcement.php?f=6

This thread is for discussion around the fundraiser, and any questions you might have.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Neutral Building

As Master Worldbuilder of this forum and the driving force behind any and all SoL reforms (as is clearly obvious to everyone, I am sure), I demand that I be granted access to all exclusive subfora regardless of my payment level.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
As Master Worldbuilder of this forum and the driving force behind any and all SoL reforms (as is clearly obvious to everyone, I am sure), I demand that I be granted access to all exclusive subfora regardless of my payment level.
As long as there's a level of payment, I find your terms agreeable.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Montoya Montoya is offline

Ashbringer
Montoya's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,212
BattleTag: Montoya#1769

Default

what is the time frame for these donations?
__________________
"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
what is the time frame for these donations?
OPERATORS ARE STANDING BY NOW! THE FIRST 9 CALLERS WILL RECEIVE A LOCK OF OMACRON'S HAIR!



Seriously, don't let that stop you.

And there's no set timeframe. We'll let you know when we hit our marks, but we also don't want to block people from participating if they want to - as I said in the announcement, any excess funds will go back into the forum in one way or another.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

Does anyone know if PayPal wants a transfer fee for overseas?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
Does anyone know if PayPal wants a transfer fee for overseas?
There's a fee, but that's taken out on our end, not yours. You shouldn't have to worry about that.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

So technically you don't get, say, the 10 buck-one as 10 bucks but less, aye?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
So technically you don't get, say, the 10 buck-one as 10 bucks but less, aye?
You'll pay 10 bucks. We'll receive a tad less. Not to worry.

Also, please be sure to message me when you make a donation - PayPal doesn't exactly tell me your forum handle. And let me know if you need to remain anonymous - I won't publish real names, but I do intend to post a list of donors and amounts for transparency and public accounting purposes. I'll block your forum handle from the list if you request it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Chef Chef is offline

Arch-Druid
Chef's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Your kitchen
Posts: 1,848

Default

When Chef is done kicking Belgian ass in the European Youth Parliament for the next week, I'll make sure I give you guys some spare change I might have.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
When Chef is done kicking Belgian ass in the European Youth Parliament for the next week, I'll make sure I give you guys some spare change I might have.
Let's be honest - you'll blow every nickel you have on some random honey looking for a short-term boyfriend for the week. Which is totally what you're supposed to do.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-05-2013, 02:00 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

If I could I would. Since my last dollar rant it became literally impossible to get legal dollars here unless you're an entreprise and willin to BID for them.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 11,090
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
If I could I would. Since my last dollar rant it became literally impossible to get legal dollars here unless you're an entreprise and willin to BID for them.
No offense intended here, but that's usually a sign that you should GTFO before you literally can't escape.

Don't worry though, if you want to add value to the forum, we're always happy to accept art, music, coding, etc.
__________________

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Interesting. The Argent Dawn as the highest rank stinks. Damn hippies.
I'll think about it over the weekend. Paying back for some of the fun and gnashing of teeth I've had here is all ok in my opinion.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,145

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Announcement posted here: http://scrollsoflore.com/forums/announcement.php?f=6

This thread is for discussion around the fundraiser, and any questions you might have.
I'll send you guys what I can next week on payday.

Strapped at the moments as I just bought a car.

Wish you would added higher payment options. This is a community we enjoy, and as such its sort of our responsibility to help improve her.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 11,090
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

Don't break the bank for us, just pay what you can when you can, and if need be, we'll add more levels to donate.
__________________

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
I'll send you guys what I can next week on payday.

Strapped at the moments as I just bought a car.

Wish you would added higher payment options. This is a community we enjoy, and as such its sort of our responsibility to help improve her.
You are, of course, welcome to make more than one payment.

I didn't really want to create an incentive for those with tons of disposable income to really distance themselves from everyone else. And since we're really not looking for a great sum of money here, small contributions will get us there quick enough with widespread participation.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,947

Default

I'll see if I can get paypal to release my bank account from it's grave. (I deleted my old account without unlinking my bank account and now I can't use it anymore. I'll call them to do it, maybe.)

Edit: Slow would like to mention that he'd be willing to allow a sizable amount of money to change hands, if he were allowed to return to this forum.

Last edited by Nazja; 04-05-2013 at 03:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-05-2013, 04:08 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
No offense intended here, but that's usually a sign that you should GTFO before you literally can't escape.

Don't worry though, if you want to add value to the forum, we're always happy to accept art, music, coding, etc.
Well I have said for some time that if someone could point to the right tutorial I would make a highborne theme for the forum

Though it would have to wait until i get vacations again.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Edoll Edoll is offline

Demon Hunter
Edoll's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 417
BattleTag: Pvarron#1601

Default

Is creating a new private subforum for paying members a good idea? It'll be the new shiny thing that people will want to play with so the paid members will flock to it. If not enough people pay it'll be a mostly dead zone, if too many pay it'll no longer be private and could become the new favored hang-out which would leave new members and non-paying members in the dust, and if a lot of people pay but some popular disliked members don't pay then the entire forum could turn into the Halls of Lordaeron.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,145

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
You are, of course, welcome to make more than one payment.

I didn't really want to create an incentive for those with tons of disposable income to really distance themselves from everyone else. And since we're really not looking for a great sum of money here, small contributions will get us there quick enough with widespread participation.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Edit: Slow would like to mention that he'd be willing to allow a sizable amount of money to change hands, if he were allowed to return to this forum.
And now I have the image of a Slowpoke dressed in an gangster outfit complete with cigar and wide brimmed hat.

It's quite awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
Is creating a new private subforum for paying members a good idea? It'll be the new shiny thing that people will want to play with so the paid members will flock to it. If not enough people pay it'll be a mostly dead zone, if too many pay it'll no longer be private and could become the new favored hang-out which would leave new members and non-paying members in the dust, and if a lot of people pay but some popular disliked members don't pay then the entire forum could turn into the Halls of Lordaeron.
Eh. They'll probably not even use it after the first two or three days.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
Is creating a new private subforum for paying members a good idea? It'll be the new shiny thing that people will want to play with so the paid members will flock to it. If not enough people pay it'll be a mostly dead zone, if too many pay it'll no longer be private and could become the new favored hang-out which would leave new members and non-paying members in the dust, and if a lot of people pay but some popular disliked members don't pay then the entire forum could turn into the Halls of Lordaeron.
It costs nothing to implement. If it becomes a problem, it can go away. But I don't really see it being a major issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Edit: Slow would like to mention that he'd be willing to allow a sizable amount of money to change hands, if he were allowed to return to this forum.
Yeah, I was hoping he wouldn't insist on making that request public. I have already politely informed him that it just isn't going to work that way.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Ardeiute Ardeiute is offline

Arch-Druid
Ardeiute's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,328

Default

Quote:
iOS and Android apps and add-ons to make the forum more mobile-friendly
Sold, will be dropping some money here next payday.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Barrens
Posts: 12,448

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
As Master Worldbuilder of this forum and the driving force behind any and all SoL reforms (as is clearly obvious to everyone, I am sure), I demand that I be granted access to all exclusive subfora regardless of my payment level.
You are no 'Master Worldbuilder', you are only World Builder.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bolvar rules, scrolls of lore, software, warlock rules

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.