Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 05-10-2014, 08:42 PM

Elune

Default Thrall's death

Let's discuss a rejoicing subject: the possibility of Thrall's death in WoD. How would you like Thrall to die?

Personnally, I could see Thrall trying to deal with Garrosh, only to lose the duel due to Garrosh's strenght or some guards that come in. Garrosh could then grab Thrall by the neck, say "I am not disappointed, Thrall. You are worthy of your father's legacy, after all." and then break his neck. I feel that would be a satisfying end for Thrall.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:02 PM

Banished

im not a thrall fan but considering his powers i think that'd be pretty lame.

Jaina should kill him.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:40 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

Duel to the death with Orgrim, both wielding the Doomhammer. With that being said, I don't want Thrall to die.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:58 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Thrall will merge with Draenors elements fusing together to become Omega Thrall master if the universe to stop Draenor from exploding again, he saves it with the power of he and Aggra's love.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:19 PM

Eternal

So long as Metzen lives, so does Thrall.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:24 AM

Head crushed by an orge with a big rock.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:13 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

I can't believe you guys.

Honestly. You call yourselves lore experts.

That's not how Blizzard does things.

Thrall gets corrupted (by an Old God or The Legion), suddenly and irrationally becomes an enormous asshole, and finally ends up being a raid boss at some point.

(see: Sunstrider, Kael'thas; Menethil, Arthas; Hellscream, Garrosh; Stormrage, Illidan; Staghelm, Fandral; Malygos; Neltharion; Saurfang the Younger; The Keepers of Ulduar; et al)

I will say this much - Thrall is not exactly at the top of my list to receive this treatment (yet). We're more likely to see one of the following before Thrall:

Jaina Proudmoore
Sky Admiral Rodgers
Any Alliance Leader That Doesn't Act Like A Pacifist Pussy
Bolvar Fordragon
Sylvanas Windrunner (haha - just kidding - dickery is encouraged for Horde leaders)
Old 05-11-2014, 03:32 AM

Elune

Old 05-11-2014, 05:03 AM

Eternal

if thrall were to die, which he won't, but if he did, it should be done that blizzard creates a virus that for every person who has said thrall should die, when thrall dies it released a computer virus across the world that destroys all there computers and harddrives in the process, including all there online data.

last thing people see as there computers melt is thralls face laughing at them on screen.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:21 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

I would rather he died as a old man... I think we have had enough of major characters losing there parents and it might be quite the new thing if Durak actually grew up with both parents.

We already know Thrall is not as crazy powerful as he was towards the end of Cataclysm so i think power is far from a issue. I would say he could be beaten by the likes of Jaina myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
So long as Metzen lives, so does Thrall.
Probably the same goes for Varian to.

Run
Old 05-11-2014, 05:24 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
I would rather he died as a old man... I think we have had enough of major characters losing there parents and it might be quite the new thing if Durak actually grew up with both parents.

We already know Thrall is not as crazy powerful as he was towards the end of Cataclysm so i think power is far from a issue. I would say he could be beaten by the likes of Jaina myself.
agreed. If they did a future warcraft game where he's an elder and his son is leading the charge, and his son, who wasn't raised by humans, gets to learn all godo moral stuff from his father before he dies an elder, then that would be decent. I'd sooner see a scene of thralls son grown up and actually getting to know his father before he dies.
And you know make it something cool like when he dies, he walks off to a group consisting of cairne, grom, durotan and draka and teratha.

Fuck it, we have enough young characters dying in overly dramatic ways now its become clique.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:27 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
agreed. If they did a future warcraft game where he's an elder and his son is leading the charge, and his son, who wasn't raised by humans, gets to learn all godo moral stuff from his father before he dies an elder, then that would be decent. I'd sooner see a scene of thralls son grown up and actually getting to know his father before he dies.
It is strange to me that it would make his story unique for a Orc if this was the case especially as a leader to. Growing up in time of peace would also be a big deal for him as he would learn much of the Orcs ideals without the need for war potentially.

Run
Old 05-11-2014, 09:09 AM

Banished

I wish Jaina had killed him ToW, or at least beated the shit outta him.

Last edited by GenyaArikado; 05-11-2014 at 11:29 AM..
Old 05-11-2014, 09:13 AM

Elune

Poisoned by Aggra. She was a spy of Hellscream all along.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:50 AM

Echo of the Past

He could choke from trying to eat Varian and Anduin at the same time, and his mouth is too full when he tries to swallow. And then maybe Baine runs over and gives him the heimlich so he doesn't die after all, but he spits out the Wrynn carcasses across the room and they are both definitely dead. Then Thrall swears before everyone to never try eating two characters at the same time ever again.

And then the Alliance is free.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:52 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Poisoned by Aggra. She was a spy of Hellscream all along.

Durak is Garry junior?
Old 05-11-2014, 11:07 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Thrall dies sacrificing himself to save Anduin. In turn, the Alliance is so moved they build statues of Thrall everywhere, even rename settlements after him, and attempt to make peace with the Horde (again).

... Then, the Horde starts a war with the Alliance because it got bored. Again.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:56 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

In his late fifties, early sixties, of an undetected congenital heart defect.

Don't really give much thought to killing off characters, but sometimes it's good to remind people of their mortality, and having a major character wake up feeling just a bit ill in the morning, only to keel over shortly after lunch, might make for a fairly interesting twist in that realistically, not everyone gets a heroic, dramatic death.

Practically speaking, even if you're the hero of a thousand battles, you can be betrayed by your own body.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:59 AM

Elune

Or you know, it could always be something like this, with Renly being Thrall and Catelyn being whoever represents the Alliance.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:28 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
And you know make it something cool like when he dies, he walks off to a group consisting of cairne, grom, durotan and draka and teratha.

Fuck it, we have enough young characters dying in overly dramatic ways now its become clique.
Old and young people dying, it happens in war. Azeroth has been at war, one way or another, for over 30 years now. The population compared to what it was before the orcs showed yup is much -much- lower than it was. War orphans and children losing a parent should be the norm. A family with both parents and the patents dying of old age should be a rare occurrence.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:39 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Thrall dies sacrificing himself to save Anduin. In turn, the Alliance is so moved they build statues of Thrall everywhere, even rename settlements after him, and attempt to make peace with the Horde (again).

... Then, the Horde starts a war with the Alliance because it got bored. Again.
And Jaina is the one who tries to kill Anduin because reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Or you know, it could always be something like this, with Renly being Thrall and Catelyn being whoever represents the Alliance.
The shadow-monster being spawned from Jaina's .
Old 05-11-2014, 12:42 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynrind View Post
Old and young people dying, it happens in war. Azeroth has been at war, one way or another, for over 30 years now. The population compared to what it was before the orcs showed yup is much -much- lower than it was. War orphans and children losing a parent should be the norm. A family with both parents and the patents dying of old age should be a rare occurrence.
You know the irony of your statement? If the orcs had not shown up, then the population would have been reduced from plentiful, to zero.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:02 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
You know the irony of your statement? If the orcs had not shown up, then the population would have been reduced from plentiful, to zero.

Less irony and more hypocritical bullshit on Blizzard's part. Blizzard: 'these aliens will invade and over the next three decades, cause a chain of events (First, Second and Fourth Wars) that ends up killing about three quarters of your planet's population, laying waste to most of its nations, and you have to -thank- them for it, otherwise all of you would be dead. Isn't it great! You get to make nice with them!'

That's always struck me as a very hollow excuse by Blizzard to justify the orcs continued existence. moreover since the orcs have proven that they WILL attack and kill whomever they want for reasons (land, resources, the old 'our children are STARVING' line, for grins and giggles.. whatever it is) that almost always come at the cost of Alliance dead and lands. I find the reasons Blizzard gives to be specious at best. The nations of the north allied pretty quickly when they had to. I fail to see why they couldn't have done the same with a Legion invasion unless it was a literal blitzkrieg that vomited tens of millions of Legion troops into Azeroth at once. The Alliance being formed or now, the Dreadlords would be able to use their tactics with just as much effectiveness you would think, and with the Horde being there now.. Well, you have a ready made excuse of an attack by either side. Alliance hardliners attacking the Horde, or Horde loyalists/hardliners attacking the Alliance. It seems like there are more ways the Dreadlords could screw with Azeroth now than before because of the Horde/orc's continued existence. Especially when it would be believable from both sides.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:10 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynrind View Post
Less irony and more hypocritical bullshit on Blizzard's part.
oooh riiiight, so when the plot works in favor to your argument its all pc, but when it conflicts with it suddenly its blizzard bullshit.
Do you want butter with that bible?
Old 05-11-2014, 01:19 PM

Elune

You know, TP, the Orc heroes wouldn't be required to protect the world if their race hadn't kileld half of the heroes needed to protect the world.

Tags
fanboyism, getting off topic