Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 04-02-2016, 07:54 PM

Banished

DCAU is stupid, nothing but super fanboys of Batman.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:21 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
DCAU is stupid
Wrong.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:26 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Wrong.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:38 PM

Elune

Unfortunately I'm a so-called "Batman super fanboy" so I had no problem with that scene.

Justice League and Batman: TAS are still some of the best pieces of media DC has created.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:38 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Yes, we're aware of your unhealthy fixation on that particular part of that particular episode.

You also seem to have difficulty grasping the concept of dodging. He didn't "dodge" those beams any more than a person actually dodges a bullet by serpentining as they flee. The beam is directed by Darkseid himself, meaningif one left his line of sight, his aim would become less accurate. It's how Superman's been able to lead the beams back at Darkseid on various occasions; the impact is preceded by hitting or immobilizing Darkseid, which prevents him from avoiding the beams or redirecting them away from himself.

It's also not so hard to reconcile when one considers that for all their power, Darkseid's Omega Beams never seem to fly in a straight line to their target . All those unnecessary turns create the impression that Darkseid is constantly making course-corrections to the beams.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:45 AM

Hon hon hon

Now, the DCEU hangs on the balance with Suicide Squad : if the "reshooting for more fun" give it a Marvel vibe, I won't bother going to watch any WB/DC movies after it, just like I've dropped Marvel after Avengers 2. And since apparently the studios are pushing that way, well, I think it is safe to say that I'll make a lot of economies in the years to come.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:52 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Yes, we're aware of your unhealthy fixation on that particular part of that particular episode.

You also seem to have difficulty grasping the concept of dodging. He didn't "dodge" those beams any more than a person actually dodges a bullet by serpentining as they flee. The beam is directed by Darkseid himself, meaningif one left his line of sight, his aim would become less accurate. It's how Superman's been able to lead the beams back at Darkseid on various occasions; the impact is preceded by hitting or immobilizing Darkseid, which prevents him from avoiding the beams or redirecting them away from himself.

It's also not so hard to reconcile when one considers that for all their power, Darkseid's Omega Beams never seem to fly in a straight line to their target . All those unnecessary turns create the impression that Darkseid is constantly making course-corrections to the beams.
He can't dodge OMEGA BEAM, period.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:03 PM

Eternal

The DCAU remains by far the best adaptation of DC on any other media. Just magnificent, and it gave all it's characters their due.

Quote:
'No it's not!' is a terrible response in a debate. He gave you the reasons for what happened in that scene, give yours against his. Do not ignore his points like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
Now, the DCEU hangs on the balance with Suicide Squad : if the "reshooting for more fun" give it a Marvel vibe, I won't bother going to watch any WB/DC movies after it, just like I've dropped Marvel after Avengers 2. And since apparently the studios are pushing that way, well, I think it is safe to say that I'll make a lot of economies in the years to come.
Suicide Squad is supposed to be dark comedy. That's what it is advertised as. If it is lacking in dark humour, well, it needs more then.

Last edited by CoDimus the Staunch; 04-03-2016 at 12:11 PM..
Old 04-03-2016, 12:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDimus the Staunch View Post
Suicide Squad is supposed to be dark comedy. That's what it is advertised as. If it is lacking in dark humour, well, it needs more then.
According to the latest reshoot reports all the jokes were shown in the trailer. I was split on watching it after BvS but the reshoots killed it for me.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:25 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
And that universe's Superman can't turn back time or fly and breathe in space without a protective suit

Different version, different rules.

And he didn't dodge them. Or did you just respond without reading what you were responding to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
According to the latest reshoot reports all the jokes were shown in the trailer. I was split on watching it after BvS but the reshoots killed it for me.
The whole thing just reeks of intensifying executive meddling.

Despite its flaws I didn't mind Age of Ultron, but one of the most glaring and blatant eyesores in the film that outright didn't fit was the hamfisted, studio-mandated inclusion of Thor's mystical hot tub tie-in to the Infinity War.

It doesn't bode well. Studio intervention doesn't make good movies in spite of the actors, directors, writers and editors. Cynical and calculated studio intervention either makes a bad movie worse or ruins potentially good movies in spite of the actors, directors, writers and editors.

Last edited by ARM3481; 04-03-2016 at 03:52 PM..
Old 04-03-2016, 05:40 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
What I have heard is Reshoots are actually pretty common in movies as once you get to the editing things which you think will work sometimes just don't or you find there is something that seems to be missing. While it could be cause for concern, I suspect its just as likely that people are leaping on anything they think could indicate the house is on fire after Batman v Superman.

While Batman v Superman was a very dark film for its movie genre, I suspect its biggest issue wasn't the amount of humor it had but the fact they tried to cram far too much into it. If they hadn't tried to cram 4 or 5 different plot threads into the one movie it would have probably come out much better. Hell if they had done better lead in in the same way marvel did with the Avengers with several solo movies it probably would have gone down better. I think a lot of people missed what the story beats for the different characters were, a thing only reinforced by preconceived views on what those characters were supposed to be.

Most people didn't get that superman was struggling and upset by feeling so alienated after trying hard to do the right thing while a vigilante the city over was murdering people and no one was batting an eyelid. He was really struggling to figure out if what he was doing was worth it.

Batman was a burned out Alcoholic who had lost faith in his course and code due to loss and hardship and projected his anger lack of faith in people onto Superman. He is driven by the loss of his parents still but he has lost faith in the path he chose. That's the important part about the end when he has Superman on the ropes and faced with death Superman begs for batman to save his mother. Batman realises in that moment what a jackass he is being.

However they were so focused on cramming so much in those aspects really weren't explored and most people just was Batman as grumpy with no code and superman was mopey and depressed.

Shame you gave up on Marvel movies though. Antman was a great movie. After all its not like Ironman 2 was a piece of art and that didn't mean the first Avengers movie was rubbish. As long as Marvel is bringing out movies like Antman, Guardians of the Galaxy and Winter Soldier I can forgive them for producing a few duds.

Last edited by Lutinz; 04-03-2016 at 05:52 PM..
Old 04-03-2016, 07:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

I had absolutely no idea, being merely a man of Nolan's Batman, why Batfleck was killing people. This thread explained it.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:30 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
I had absolutely no idea, being merely a man of Nolan's Batman, why Batfleck was killing people. This thread explained it.
This is what I've been trying to tell people.

They screwed up with the lack of exposition here.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:56 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
This is what I've been trying to tell people.

They screwed up with the lack of exposition here.
This is the key point. The movie could have been less dark and Lex Luthor was a terrible choice but the core story and characters were actually pretty solid. I think the core Trinity was a good choice and while the end could be seen as rather soon for the DCCU, the director said that they wanted to sideline Superman for when the JL was first coming together in the JL movie so he didn't overshadow everyone else.

The problem was far too much was crammed in.

I hope this doesn't diswayed those involve in the DCCU as I think even with this movie it has some pretty solid potential. I really want to see a Batflick movie and I'm looking forward to Wonder Woman now who's character, while not a major part or heavily developed, I really liked.

This isn't like the MCU where movies and actor contracts are as set in stone. Ben Afflick could walk away from this if he wanted to.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:34 AM

Elune

Quote:
"We want the Reddit audience."
- DC, Probably.

Honestly, I'm not expecting much out of it now. They probably saw the success of Deadpool and now we're going to get a film crammed with LOL SO RANDOM XDDD shitty humour.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:43 AM

Elune

So I was on the bus and the movie is promoted on a radio show. The announcer also mentioned the big drop this last week. Jesus Christ
Old 04-04-2016, 11:00 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
So I was on the bus and the movie is promoted on a radio show. The announcer also mentioned the big drop this last week. Jesus Christ
It was bad, and it might have been worse had there been anything new released this week for people to see.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:54 AM

Banished

Quote:

'No it's not!' is a terrible response in a debate. He gave you the reasons for what happened in that scene, give yours against his. Do not ignore his points like this.
There is no reason for Batman to be able to dodge Omega Beam, period.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:08 PM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Quote:
Only the Sith deal in absolutes. We always knew you were evil.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:10 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
Only the Sith deal in absolutes. We always knew you were evil.
I like Sith.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
You really live up to your name, I'll give you that.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:04 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Repeating that again and again will not make your point right. It'll just show that you are as slow as your username. Give your reasons why he shouldn't.

Last edited by CoDimus the Staunch; 04-04-2016 at 01:18 PM..
Old 04-04-2016, 01:36 PM

Banished

Quote:
Repeating that again and again will not make your point right. It'll just show that you are as slow as your username. Give your reasons why he shouldn't.
Because this is a obvious joke.

Even Superman and the Flash could barely dodge it. Batman is human, he could not catch the speed at all. Even the Batman fans admit this scene was stupid.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:38 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Because this is a obvious joke.

Even Superman and the Flash could barely dodge it. Batman is human, he could not catch the speed at all. Even the Batman fans admit this scene was stupid.
Clearly, the flaw in this particular episode negates all the contributions of the DCAU.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 04-04-2016, 01:40 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
Clearly, the flaw in this particular episode negates all the contributions of the DCAU.
I'm not against all of it. I actually like many Batman, Superman and JL episodes a lot, especially the finale of JL(Hawkman). But since JL Superman was treated unfairly that even Bruce Timm himself admitted it. Starting from JLU(which is where the show started to go down), the Batgodism is horrible to endure.

Tags
batman, check before post, do you bleed?, dude really?, entertainment, stop invincible son!