Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 09-30-2017, 01:50 AM

Arch-Druid

Yes, yes, kill furless things-things! Eat devour!

I had shitload of fun on Queek till the Second Ritual when Tor Asshole, stationed on three puny islands to the south, decided to wreck the fringes of my empire with a 6 unit army: Lord, two phoenixes, two dragons and two regular bowmen. A garrisoned tier 3 city? Pshah! So I had to move two tier 3 armies to deal with the Helves, just for some Lizardman faction in the north (with a rating of 35) to begin razing shit there. Meanwhile, Clan Murderkin refuses to confederate, although the one hold they have is being ravaged by rebellions (meaning, I'm being too) and I can't kill em unless I move two stacks to siege.

The autoresolve is a fucking mess for Skaven and it gets a bit tiresome to manually play every battle (which in the beginning means ganging up on Kroq Gar and 8 Saurus warriors with around 15 Clanrats and 20 Slingers and pelting them with rocks for 20 minutes till you've buried them under a mountain worth of pebbles) but overall, I love em.

Last edited by Feltongue; 09-30-2017 at 01:54 AM..
Old 09-30-2017, 07:16 AM

Eternal

Yeah I noticed Skaven seem to be super weak in the auto-resolve window. They seem to almost always be crushed into oblivion. I haven't played a lot of Skaven yet, but I assume it's because the computer can't calculate stuff like Menace from Below for them correctly because that is really, really strong.

Lizardmen are super fun. Great infantry and fuck load of dinosawz. Only thing I'd say they suck in is ranged infantry, since Skink Javelins have almost no ammo and Blowpipes I can't figure out how to use correctly.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:03 PM

Elune

Have they or will they make a game like this for the 40K universe? I would play the ever loving shyt of that.

I enjoyed the old Dawn of War RTS and the newer one never really did it for me.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:44 PM

Eternal
Location: England, Great Britain, Soon to be United States of Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Have they or will they make a game like this for the 40K universe? I would play the ever loving shyt of that.

I enjoyed the old Dawn of War RTS and the newer one never really did it for me.
I don't think it'd work 40K-wise to be honest. Steam Tanks work oddly in TWW and those would be near the bottom for 40K.

I would recommend mods for the original Dawn of War. Ultimate Apocalypse is good, as is the Titanium mod. The Table-top Round Up mod tries to make it accurate to the tabletop but isn't the most balanced. If you're playing single player though that doesn't matter so much.
It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC
Old 10-01-2017, 04:46 PM

Eternal

Old 10-02-2017, 06:37 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Yeah I noticed Skaven seem to be super weak in the auto-resolve window. They seem to almost always be crushed into oblivion. I haven't played a lot of Skaven yet, but I assume it's because the computer can't calculate stuff like Menace from Below for them correctly because that is really, really strong.

Lizardmen are super fun. Great infantry and fuck load of dinosawz. Only thing I'd say they suck in is ranged infantry, since Skink Javelins have almost no ammo and Blowpipes I can't figure out how to use correctly.
Menace doesn't seem to have a proper effect, yeah. But once I got Plagueclaw Catapults, autoresolve favored me. Seems ranged get a massive boost to autoresolve (might explain why High Elves are so insanely strong with just Archers).

Finished the campaign by mostly stacking Doomwheels and artillery. One Engineer in the back to buff by cannons/catapults, Queek dueling the heros/lords, Menace/Vermintide and three Abominations to tie up infantry and then just wheels smashing into the sides and backs, running amok. Had a fun time chasing Tyrion around Donutland till he was confederated when he had two cities left. Depopulated Ulthuan anyway and renamed every settlement Queektown till the entire region collapsed into overpopulation and rebellion.
Fun fact: Skaven can't tunnel on Ulthuan like in lore
Old 10-02-2017, 04:40 PM

Eternal

So apparently the files with the names of all the settlements and provinces for the Combined Campaign Map got datamined. Short summary:

- Old World is complete and has nothing removed from it.

- Albion is gone.

- Naggarond and Ulthuan are a bit more condensed, and Naggarond has some of it's western most parts cut.

- Lustria also has it's western most parts cut, as in "everything west of the Spine of Sotek" cut.

- Southlands has a fair bit in the south removed. Kroq-Gar's starting position remains, but pretty much everything south of it get's cut. Mixed reports if Zlatlan is also getting cut or not.

- Skavenblight, Hell Pit and Lahmia are added

That's the initial information. However, a lot of settlements were combined with eachother into new regions with new names, so it's hard to tell exactly how much got cut.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:44 AM

Arch-Druid

Southlands gone is ok, they can stick Queek in Eight Peaks (where he belongs) and Teclis can start in Saphery and be a crippled nerd that gets bullied by his brother there. Slogging through Naggaroth's wasteland was a goddamn chore, good riddance.

So we'll get Tomb Kings with Settra and ... I want to say Arkhan, cause his pyramid is in and Khalida is supposed to hang out in Lybaras (additional lords might also not be main campaign enabled considering the stuff they added for Mortal Empires) but I have a hard time finding a similar goal for them (to be fair, hard time finding any goal for Settra besides personal gain).

Considering DLCs usually bring new units and turned a Hero into a Lord, we might get Throt and Moulder spawns (simply because of Hell Pit, I'd prefer Ikit), Alarielle and her guard, for Dark Elves I want to say Hellebron but I don't think she brings new stuff. Rakarth and more warbeasts maybe? Tehenhauin for Lizardmen.

For free, maybe, Thanquol, Kroak, Malus, Eltharion and Khalida.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:36 AM

Eternal

They already laid out their plan for the next 5 free DLCs.

The Skaven LL has confirmed to not be Thanqol, but I have no doubt that he will make it into the game, so maybe he's part of a "The King and the Warlord" type DLC. I generally think Thanquol and Ikit Claw are safe bets for LL, though with Hell Pit added I could also see Throt stepping up. So either Throt or Ikit are imo the LL.

As for Lizardmen, Tehenhauin is pretty much guaranteed I think and is gonna be to Skinks what Skarsnik is to Gobbos. Likely part of a "Rat and the Serpent" type DLC with Thanquol. For free DLC, I think it's gonna be either Kroak or Gor-Rok for an Itza faction, though I'd say Gor-Rok is more likely since he lends himself more to being a LL than a magical nuke-corpse.

Can't really say anything on possible elf characters, am not familiar enough with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
So we'll get Tomb Kings with Settra and ... I want to say Arkhan, cause his pyramid is in and Khalida is supposed to hang out in Lybaras (additional lords might also not be main campaign enabled considering the stuff they added for Mortal Empires) but I have a hard time finding a similar goal for them (to be fair, hard time finding any goal for Settra besides personal gain).
What exactly you mean by similar goal? You why they'd mess with the Vortex in the main campaign?
Old 10-03-2017, 03:22 PM

Arch-Druid

Oh, sweet!

I hope it's Ikit. I honestly just want a LL who slings Ruin spells, Plague is nice but it's more support than one would think. Also Doomwheels. Doomwheels everywhere.
Throt would make a nice DLC character, adding Giant/Wolf Rats and upgraded Rat Ogres.

As for High Elves ... idk either. Most of them are the shiny warrior types and the few who don't fit aren't proper lord material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
What exactly you mean by similar goal? You why they'd mess with the Vortex in the main campaign?
Ya. Considering Arkhan is a die hard Nagash fanboi while Settra loathes him. I could see the Tomb Kings messing with the Vortex to be granted proper immortality but not Arkhan and Settra standing side by side like most of the cinematics do (though the Skaven end cinematic is a bit off in that regard as well).
Old 10-05-2017, 02:13 AM

Demon Hunter

So, the modworkshop will be up soon. Anyone looking forward to re-enacting vietnam with Spine of Sotek dwarfs fighting skaven?
Old 10-07-2017, 10:31 AM

Arch-Druid

I've done some custom battles against Dwarves and tbh it's more like French front with how many get slaughtered and with all magic chemical and artillery weapons that are getting thrown around.
It's giant fun though cause Dwarves don't melt instantly thanks to their magic resistance unlike Bretonnia or Empire.

So, when you finish the campaign you get a little epilogue after a few rounds.

- The scribe from the Skaven campaign gets contacted by the Verminlord again through a warpstone mirror, who asks for a favor.
- The Lizardmen foretell the coming of N'Kari.
- Shadowblade gets his sister's soul back and Malekith casually comments his mom needs to be kept in check, should Hellebron entertain certain thoughts.
- High Elf I can't find :I
Old 10-07-2017, 05:12 PM

Eternal

Recently finished my Kroq-Gar playthrough. I probably went a little overboard with the giant dinosaur spam in my army at the end, but it worked out pretty well. Anyway, likely moving onto Skrolk next and experience Skaven madness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
Ya. Considering Arkhan is a die hard Nagash fanboi while Settra loathes him. I could see the Tomb Kings messing with the Vortex to be granted proper immortality but not Arkhan and Settra standing side by side like most of the cinematics do (though the Skaven end cinematic is a bit off in that regard as well).
Yeah Settra and Arkahn definitely would have opposing goals unlike the rest of the factions. I could totally see Arkhan using the Vortex to resurrect Nagash and Settra just doing it because he's Settra.

Tags
warhammer