Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-17-2018, 12:19 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I can get Dark Iron heritage armor before 16 days are over right?

Might get the heritage armor and then let my sub run out until I see something that hooks me like Gilneas returning, Worgen update, and a proper Gilnean-themed heritage armor. Otherwise, end game content is too boring for me to invested in anyway.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:30 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
So, I've concluded that Mythic-only dungeons are a functionally and fundamentally stupid idea.

There's absolutely no good reason for it. It's a pointless squandering of resources and a massive pain in the ass that makes me not give a flying fuck about finishing the associated storyline.
Agreed. I've been trying to finish Siege of Boralus on my main (Warlock) and it's just impossible to find a group for it. Everywhere I look it's 3 DPS waiting for a tank and a healer to show up; eventually I tried to make my own group, but after half an hour of wait time I just altogether gave up.

I hope this dungeon, and the Horde equivalent, gets the Legion 7.1 treatment, which made Court of Stars and Arcway queueable on Heroic.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:38 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta View Post
Agreed. I've been trying to finish Siege of Boralus on my main (Warlock) and it's just impossible to find a group for it. Everywhere I look it's 3 DPS waiting for a tank and a healer to show up; eventually I tried to make my own group, but after half an hour of wait time I just altogether gave up.

I hope this dungeon, and the Horde equivalent, gets the Legion 7.1 treatment, which made Court of Stars and Arcway queueable on Heroic.
The weirdest part is the Horde doesn't have to do King's Rest to complete any of their storylines, in fact there are no quests related to it. It just gets unlocked after you complete the Zandalar Forever! scenario.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:14 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
One thing that would be awesome is if Azshara claims the Sunwell and absorbs its power. The blood elves would be forced to look elsewhere for sustenance, tieing into the Bleeding Sun order with the tauren and Zandalari, and the Alliance could use the opportunity to attach Quel'Thalas, now unprotected by the Ban'dinoriel.
That's an interesting development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
There is that out of nowhere subplot in Nazmir that the naga are struggling with magic addiction and are looking for a permanent magic source to feed on (which for some reason they've decided is Krag'wa's giant frog children). Heck, maybe that's why they wanted the Tidestone so badly in Legion. We never did find out why they wanted it all of a sudden, Khadgar just says them being after it is "unexpected."
I didn't know that about the naga. Haven't played as Horde yet. I did do a few tortollan quests in Zuldazar dealing with the naga "desperate" for something, however.

Now I want to see where that plotline goes.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 09-17-2018, 09:07 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

8.1 is probably getting announced tomorrow (well, there's always a possibility its 8.0.5 but it seems weird for Blizzard to devote an entire livestream to an X.X.5 patch but Blizzard has done some surprising things lately) so any final predictions?

I'm like 80% certain of:

-Kul Tiran and Zandalari troll allied races

-Mini Zuldazar raid

-Warfront: Barrens

Less certain of, aka wild guesses:

-New zones (Zul'dare and Crestfall maybe?)

-New island expeditions

-Nazjatar raid added to the files and dungeon journal since this is the first time since the dungeon journal was added that the second launch raid wasn't tested thoroughly on the beta and in the journal. Then again, maybe with the removal of tier gear Blizzard has changed how raid tiers are distributed.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:11 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
8.1 is probably getting announced tomorrow (well, there's always a possibility its 8.0.5 but it seems weird for Blizzard to devote an entire livestream to an X.X.5 patch but Blizzard has done some surprising things lately) so any final predictions?

I'm like 80% certain of:

-Kul Tiran and Zandalari troll allied races

-Mini Zuldazar raid

-Warfront: Barrens

Less certain of, aka wild guesses:

-New zones (Zul'dare and Crestfall maybe?)

-New island expeditions

-Nazjatar raid added to the files and dungeon journal since this is the first time since the dungeon journal was added that the second launch raid wasn't tested thoroughly on the beta and in the journal. Then again, maybe with the removal of tier gear Blizzard has changed how raid tiers are distributed.
I'd say Kul Tirans, Zandalari, Crestfall, Zul Dare, more war campaign.

I don't know about a Warfront for now. Not expecting it. Mini raid would be nice.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:28 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I'd say Kul Tirans, Zandalari, Crestfall, Zul Dare, more war campaign.

I don't know about a Warfront for now. Not expecting it. Mini raid would be nice.
Given how Ion's statements about warfronts in the Q and A boiled down to "they're designed to work with the idea that there are multiple ones running" and that they plan to add "multiple new warfronts," I'd imagine they'd want to start with the first numbered patch unless BfA goes farther than X.3.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 09-17-2018 at 09:32 PM..
Old 09-18-2018, 12:42 AM

Eternal

Maybe something in the Plaguelands. There's the update on Uther's tomb and oddly enough, the missions barely bring up info on what's going on there.

If the Warfront on Silvermoon is legit, then the Argent Crusade siding with the Alliance would give them the route towards Quel'thalas in the first place.

EDIT: Also, based on the missions, the Horde are launching guerrilla attacks from Strahnbrad and are considering falling back towards the ruins of Alterac. Why not Andorhal? Has it fallen already?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, or FruitLab.

Last edited by Ujimasa Hojo; 09-18-2018 at 05:26 AM..
Old 09-18-2018, 10:35 AM

Eternal

Quote:
There is that out of nowhere subplot in Nazmir that the naga are struggling with magic addiction and are looking for a permanent magic source to feed on (which for some reason they've decided is Krag'wa's giant frog children). Heck, maybe that's why they wanted the Tidestone so badly in Legion. We never did find out why they wanted it all of a sudden, Khadgar just says them being after it is "unexpected."
My latest theory is that Azshara took the Tidestone to fix it; after all, she broke it in the first place. The creation of her Wrath was only a bonus objective that didn't matter that much.

Then, with it fixed, we managed to stop the Legion, one of her enemies. The naga who sought to steal the Tidestone from the Tomb itself were probably acting by and for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
EDIT: Also, based on the missions, the Horde are launching guerrilla attacks from Strahnbrad and are considering falling back towards the ruins of Alterac. Why not Andorhal? Has it fallen already?
I really hope that after BfA, Alterac will become the Forsaken capital, with Lordaeron controlled by the Alliance.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:23 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Pretty underwhelming unless you're a raider. I wanted Zandalari / Kul Tirans and Flight. I got jack and shit.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:25 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Pretty underwhelming unless you're a raider. I wanted Zandalari / Kul Tirans and Flight. I got jack and shit.
You were never going to get flying in the first content patch.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:30 AM

Eternal

The Incursion events are pretty interesting though. Silvermoon, Mulgore, and Bilgewater are probably the Alliance targets. Wonder what the Horde targets are.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, or FruitLab.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:49 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
The Incursion events are pretty interesting though. Silvermoon, Mulgore, and Bilgewater are probably the Alliance targets. Wonder what the Horde targets are.
I dunno...they're said to suspend World Quests while in effect, so unless they add max-level World Quests to the racial capitals, that implies it'll be happening in Zandalar and Kul Tiras.

As with Legion, certain types of content may provide excuses to go back to the rest of Azeroth every now and then, but they'd seemingly prefer that players remain mostly in the newer expansion zones during active outside play. I can imagine that partly informs the long timers on Warfronts and the associated zone quests; they don't really want players spending a disproportionate amount of time in the old world "living" in the revamped old zones. They want us to be in the new zones as much as possible.

Last edited by ARM3481; 09-18-2018 at 12:00 PM..
Old 09-18-2018, 01:09 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

I'm very happy with the announcement. Dwarf heritage looks great and so should Blood Elven.

Also faction invasions! More blood!

The cherry on top of the cake is the reputation restriction on already unlocked transmogs being lifted. That's a topic I've been very vocal in the last days towards Blizzard and was hoping for it to be addressed in the Q&A.

I spent a long time getting my Void Elf all the way to exalted with the Nightfallen for transmogs, and would have to do the same for my Warlock.

Now when you make a new Highmountain/Nightborne/Kul Tiran/Zandalari character you'll also be able to wear the reputation tabard on them!

Not to mention the costly Scryers rep grind (I think I got them on 3 alts already and was buying tomes for a fourth one) and also finally being able to wear my Consortium tabard on alts!

Great day. Great day.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:20 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Something I saw mentioned on MMO-Champion.

Ion opened the livestream by saying how the Alliance suffered nothing but defeat after defeat (he also confirms the Battle of Lordaeron was meant to be a crushing defeat for them) in the war so far, and now it's time for them to strike back. Their "striking back" is in the Zuldazar raid, which, based on how its described, is another crushing defeat where, regardless of what happens with Rastakhan, the majority of the raid is the Horde destroying the Alliance army in Zuldazar (the fight with Rastakhan is only the "mid point" with the rest being the Horde fighting back) and chasing them across the seas.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:41 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Something I saw mentioned on MMO-Champion.

Ion opened the livestream by saying how the Alliance suffered nothing but defeat after defeat (he also confirms the Battle of Lordaeron was meant to be a crushing defeat for them) in the war so far, and now it's time for them to strike back. Their "striking back" is in the Zuldazar raid, which, based on how its described, is another crushing defeat where, regardless of what happens with Rastakhan, the majority of the raid is the Horde destroying the Alliance army in Zuldazar (the fight with Rastakhan is only the "mid point" with the rest being the Horde fighting back) and chasing them across the seas.
While i agree that this is going to be the most likely scenario, it doesn't HAVE to be. Strategically, whether or not the Siege Of Trollimmar is a defeat or not will be decided on whether or not Ratakhan and his armies are defeated or not, and how big the price to pay will be. After his deal with a death loa and the questioning on whether or not his offspring will honor that deal there might be trouble for the future brewing - Bwonsamdi might be inclined to be a little more assertive if Talanji doesn't work with him, and he might get antsy about his boss in that scenario - and Rastakhan himself seems to be toast. The fact that the Alliance makes it out of the city afterwards might indicate in itself a relatively smooth escape. Who knows what's left of Zandalar after the Boys In Blue are done with them?
Also: Jaina as raidboss. Yeah no. They're not killing off Jaina in a relatively small content patch. If Jaina bites it this expansion, it's going to be whatever form the last raid takes. Militarily i see the Alliance getting out of 8.1 smiling smugly. Not Alliance players, of course, because they've been getting the shaft all expansion long and one fistpump moment isn't cutting it, Blizzard.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:18 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Even if he is killed as a Raid Boss, I don’t think that’s the end of Rastakhan. The terms of his deal involved serving Bwonsamdi in Life and death. We’re probably gonna get his ghost running whatever errands Bwonsamdi desires.

In the mean time, I was way off in my prediction of how the patch cycle would go, and I like the ways I was wrong.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Undoubtedly, rasthakan will die

without a doubt Jaina will live
Old 09-18-2018, 02:48 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
Undoubtedly, rasthakan will die

without a doubt Jaina will live
Both true without a doubt. As I’ve said though, Death is probably not the end of Rastakhan’s involvement, and at the very least, we’re driving the Alliance from the city, preventing them from taking control of an important port and probably more thoroughly securing it for ourselves. As of yet Zandalari aren’t playable and they have not formally pledged themselves to the Horde. I’d say this will finish the job.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:50 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Of course Jaina is going to survive the raid. Sylvanas is going to raise her as undead, because thats gonna make a much bigger statement than burning some tree in the middle of nowhere
Old 09-18-2018, 05:40 PM

Arch-Druid

Small fun thing: I got the Expedetion quest related to the mogu, which sent me to the Throne of Knowledge. There, I decided to talk to Cho to see the Zandalari prophecy from MoP.

Guess what? Both Zul and Rastakhan models have been updated for the BfA ones. A nice little detail!

Old 09-18-2018, 07:27 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

On MMO-Champion a poster pointed out that during the Art Station showcase last week, Jimmy Lo from WoW's Visual Development team showed concept art of the inside of the pyramid in Zuldazar. While the finished product in the raid will probably be super different, it still looks like a nice glimpse into what they're going for with the raid:

Old 09-18-2018, 07:33 PM

Arch-Druid

the blood elves heritage armor quest will be related to dead scar! that sounds interesting!
Old 09-18-2018, 08:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
the blood elves heritage armor quest will be related to dead scar! that sounds interesting!
I'm curious about the racial questlines.

About looks, I'm guessing blood elves will have an armor similar to the Spellbreaker's.

Also curious about Tyrande's storyline. I hope they finally do her justice.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:33 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I'm curious about the racial questlines.

About looks, I'm guessing blood elves will have an armor similar to the Spellbreaker's.

Also curious about Tyrande's storyline. I hope they finally do her justice.
I hope you are right about the Blood Elf Heritage Armor.

I made a thread about where those character arcs might go and would love your input: http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/show...98#post1621798

In the mean time, if we’re getting Forsaken and Night Elf Themed Armor for this Warfront, does that mean future Warfronts will also focus on diverse racial factions with the Armor they provide? I hope so.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft