Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 06-26-2019, 10:33 PM

Eternal

That Southern Barrens map/zone datamined before makes sense now.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:57 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
I tend to agree. I could see Anduin overextending to save Thunder Bluff and then maybe leaving Stormwind vulnerable....
To be frank, if that's what Sylvanas planned all along, I'll call contrived plot. I mean, not only the plan would require quite a lot of elements out of her control, but why would we get all the Nazjatar/Xal'atath/N'Zoth stuff if her plans are just "send the Alliance to save Thunderbluff and we attack Stormwind"?

Yes, Warcraft is full of contrived plots, but I hope they avoid it and have something bigger and smarter in store for us.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 06-27-2019, 08:57 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
To be frank, if that's what Sylvanas planned all along, I'll call contrived plot. I mean, not only the plan would require quite a lot of elements out of her control, but why would we get all the Nazjatar/Xal'atath/N'Zoth stuff if her plans are just "send the Alliance to save Thunderbluff and we attack Stormwind"?

Yes, Warcraft is full of contrived plots, but I hope they avoid it and have something bigger and smarter in store for us.
I doubt we have the full picture yet. I certainly don’t think this was her plan all along for the following reasons:

1. I do think some of her legitimate plans have in fact been frustrated at Darkshore and Lordaeron. We can tell from her POV bits in “A Good War” that Saurfang’s refusal to kill Malfurion was a setback. I don’t think she could have planned on Jaina sailing in out of nowhere to save Anduin from her trap either.

2. I suspect this war is but a means to an end for her, unlike Garrosh, for whom War was his purpose. Whatever Nathanos is wandering off to do, that’s involved in her end game.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:34 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Depends on the motivations for leaving her out and how well doing so is handled.

Right now, it seems to me that they are simply leaving her out because they grew tired of her and night elves after Legion, and that they are doing so at the (slight) expense of the story; the least they could do is to provide a believable reason for her lack of involvement.

But I do not mind Jaina or Genn being at the forefront. The fact that the former got hurt during the siege does not mean that she MUST still be sequestered at an hospital. Nor is there any reason why all of the faction champions MUST be involved. It would certainly be neat to see them get a bit more screen time, but it is not a requirement.

The fact that Tyrande isn't involved, by itself, isn't that big of a deal to me to begin with. Like I stated before, I would be satisfied by a canon explanation (if it is sensible). But this isn't a lonesome incident. This is simply the latest link in a long chain of in-game events and interviews that have eroded the faith night elf fans might have had in Blizzard.
it is understandable that she was not involved at the beginning of the campaign but later the alliance opens a portal!
Old 06-27-2019, 09:46 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Laying siege to Thunder Bluff would be as bad an action, if not worse, as the unforgivable destruction of Taurajo.

Sylvanas is treading on thin ice.
We saw defense and attack in Zuldazar!

I think it would be interesting if the horde players loyal to sylvanas are allowed to attack
Old 06-27-2019, 04:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Are the vulpine familiar and sylverian dreamer hints of next expansion?

Old 06-27-2019, 04:26 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

I think so!

I also think the Dreamer is inspired on the Final Fantasy Dragons:

Old 06-27-2019, 07:46 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Are the vulpine familiar and sylverian dreamer hints of next expansion?
Explain why you say it !!
Old 06-27-2019, 08:17 PM

Eternal

Both the vulpine familiar and this bird-dragon have fae-themes to them. Perhaps hinting at the Emerald section of the Dragon Isles? Especially since it's the Sylvarian Dreamer. Perhaps the Dream is changing, or perhaps this is actually a new type of dragon, created by Wrathion to solve the problem of dragon infertility - mix their genes with other species, making fertile chimaeras. Maybe the Blacktalon Agent was at Black wing Lair because that was Wrathion's last stop: his brother's laboratories.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:10 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
Explain why you say it !!
There have been times in the past that store mounts were models from next expansion’s production line.

Enchanted Fey Dragon, Iron Skyreaver and Grinning Reaver came before WoD and were all models used in WoD NPCs.

Mystic Runesaber came before Legion and are also beasts featured in Legion.

There was no store mount hinting at BfA, but the Blizzcon 2017 mounts did hint at BfA’s faction-based theme. Also, the Horde one was actually used by NPCs in some BfA areas.

Food for thought.

Both the Sylverian Dreamer and Vulpine Familiar also seem to share some visual cues (blue color, fae aspect) which hint to a cohesive theme.

This does not mean they'll be central to the next expansion's themes. They could be mobs in one zone. Also don't pay attention to their background stories, as previous mounts had backstories for the store that didn't match their actual roles when their expansions were revealed.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:18 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
There have been times in the past that store mounts were models from next expansion’s production line.

Enchanted Fey Dragon, Iron Skyreaver and Grinning Reaver came before WoD and were all models used in WoD NPCs.

Mystic Runesaber came before Legion and are also beasts featured in Legion.

There was no store mount hinting at BfA, but the Blizzcon 2017 mounts did hint at BfA’s faction-based theme. Also, the Horde one was actually used by NPCs in some BfA areas.

Food for thought.

Both the Sylverian Dreamer and Vulpine Familiar also seem to share some visual cues (blue color, fae aspect) which hint to a cohesive theme.

This does not mean they'll be central to the next expansion's themes. They could be mobs in one zone. Also don't pay attention to their background stories, as previous mounts had backstories for the store that didn't match their actual roles when their expansions were revealed.
A Dragon Isles Expac could be fun.

Or maybe the various powers seriously get tired of our ____ and re-originate the world, popping up new species for us. I dunno. The two ideas aren’t even that mutually exclusive.

I’ve actually wondered if the Dragonflights could be revitalized by mixing in other species, though I was looking at cloud serpents, proto-drakes and maybe Storm drakes or elemental drakes. The description doesn’t quite fit. This thing came to life out of a mage’s painting.

Actually, that does give me an idea. What if we actually do save Azeroth and instead of triggering yet another war or invasion, the factions chill in relative peace, and the power of creation is un-bound. The Dragon Isles show up, and we start colonization. Tinkers are the class because they make things. But weird dreams and creations pop up all over the world. We actually build things. Creative power flows through out the world. Maybe even player created content like you can make a Dungeon, or maybe even a Raid. Or your own personal end-game Island that you can share with friends.

Latest cinematic actually almost seems hopeful for a better world....... for once. Maybe.......
Old 06-27-2019, 11:15 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Sky elves, when?
Old 06-28-2019, 03:45 AM

Sentinel Queen

It is said that there is a tribe of harpies on the Dragon Isles who maintained their nobility even after Aviana’s death and the destruction of G’Hanir.
Old 06-28-2019, 04:24 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Sky elves, when?
Found leaked concept art of the rumored "sky elves".

Old 06-28-2019, 08:08 AM

Eternal

Isn't the Emerald Dream supposed to be some sort of back up of Azeroth's original state? Maybe things become so fucked up by the end of BFA that the heroes need to press the reset button there.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:13 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Isn't the Emerald Dream supposed to be some sort of back up of Azeroth's original state? Maybe things become so fucked up by the end of BFA that the heroes need to press the reset button there.
Maybe there's a Titan Forge out there spitting out new creatures, re-originating the planet.....
Old 06-30-2019, 08:53 AM

Arch-Druid

harpy in Highmountain

Last edited by Rhllor; 06-30-2019 at 09:01 AM..
Old 07-01-2019, 09:19 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
https://youtu.be/shC6Cw_gxb0

Could the last raid be the Defense of Thunder Bluff? To mirror the Siege of Orgirmmar.

I hope so. As an Alliance player, the only aspect of the Horde I like are the Tauren and everything associated with them. Including Thunder Bluff.

But it's difficult to see how a "defence" would work as a raid scenario.
Battle of Mount Hyjal raid? It can work easily enough.

And yeah I am having the lulz of my life, I said this was gonna be a rethread of Garrosh when BfA was in baby diapers and a lot of people even here did not believe it. Well it has already been too much like Garrosh's story and it has all the markings that it will get even more similar.

Even if they try to pull some "subverted expectations" in the final mile this story is already a dumpsterfire as it was always going to be. Everyone knew a faction war story has high odds of turning out badly, especially with Sylvanas in charge, especially if you make the Horde baddies again... and ofc Blizz went and outdid our worst fears, GG

All that remains is to refill the popcorn bag and see this tragicomedy to its conclusion.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:48 PM

Arch-Druid

So, what to expect of 8.2.5? My guesses:

- Worgen and goblin models and heritage armor (Confirmed)
- New warfront (Draenei vs. Mag’har in Myst Isles is my bet, but it could also be a Barrens or Mul’gore warfront)
- More war campaign, with Nazjatar fallout and maybe defense of Mul’gore (if it’s not a warfront)
- Vulpera and Mechagnome allied races

What else could it have?

Old 07-01-2019, 02:43 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Vulpera and Mechagnome Allied Races won't be out in 8.2.5.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:46 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Vulpera and Mechagnome Allied Races won't be out in 8.2.5.
It's just a guess.

What could be there, instead, anyway?

Old 07-01-2019, 02:50 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Maybe there's a Titan Forge out there spitting out new creatures, re-originating the planet.....
MOTHER even says theres another Titan facility out there, then says to stay away

Quote:
Error. Additional Titan facility detected. Status: Unknown.

Recommendation: Do not approach or engage.
Shes not saying stay away for our sakes, but for Azeroth's. She knows we'd fuck something up like we always do.

This is her gossip text in the Heart Chamber.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:51 PM

Eternal

Quote:
So, what to expect of 8.2.5? My guesses:

- Worgen and goblin models and heritage armor (Confirmed)
- New warfront (Draenei vs. Mag’har in Myst Isles is my bet, but it could also be a Barrens or Mul’gore warfront)
- More war campaign, with Nazjatar fallout and maybe defense of Mul’gore (if it’s not a warfront)
- Vulpera and Mechagnome allied races

What else could it have?
I thought the next set of Heritage Armor wasn’t coming out till 8.3. The others were all on single decimal patches. I could see the allied races on the off patches.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:40 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
I thought the next set of Heritage Armor wasn’t coming out till 8.3. The others were all on single decimal patches. I could see the allied races on the off patches.
They said worgen and goblins were getting heritage armor alongside their model updates in an interview about a month ago. The model updates were previously announced to be coming with 8.2.5, so unless they're delayed to 8.3 then the heritage armor will be in 8.2.5 as well.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:24 AM

Eternal

I wonder if the goblin heritage quests would develop their ties with gilgoblins. I am thinking that the Junker Gnomes and Gilgoblins would be milquetoast allied races while Vulpera and an unknown Alliance counterpart would be special allied races in the future.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft