Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft RTS Discussion

Old 05-14-2012, 01:47 PM

Echo of the Past

Default War3 custom campaign based on War2?

So after all these years, I finally picked up the Frozen Throne expansion. I'm excited to see how the ships work out.

Do you guys know if anyone's made a custom campagin based on Warcraft II? I'd heard before that someone was trying to make one based on the original Warcraft...
Old 05-14-2012, 02:25 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

I know there's one for Warcraft 1 called Fall of the Lion. You can find the download on Google.

I'm sure there's plenty of unfinished projects and maybe even a finished one of Warcraft 2, but since I've been away from the community for so long I can't help you find them.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:34 PM

For wc1 there is Dawn of Chaos of course...

But it isn't released... There was a beta version out though...

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:32 AM

The Sun King

I adore this pre-WC1 campaign.

Hive also hosts a true-to-original-maps WC1 remake, but it didn't work on my version for some reason.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:37 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
I read some of the comments to that. It sounds like it starts you playing as an Orc faction on Draenor, rallying the clans up to make the Horde before invading Azeroth?
Old 05-15-2012, 06:45 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I read some of the comments to that. It sounds like it starts you playing as an Orc faction on Draenor, rallying the clans up to make the Horde before invading Azeroth?
You start as Shadow Council agents, open the Dark Portal, and establish a foothold in the Black Morass and orchestrate the coming of clans to Azeroth.

Then, under Gul'dan's agenda, you create the Blackrock Clan to unite the Orcs in Azeroth.

Meanwhile, Twilight's Hammer, Burning Blade and Bleeding Hollow attack Stormwind. Then you play as Lothar's army, defend Stormwind and pursue the retreating Orcs.

The campaign ends with the establishment of Stonard and Rockard and we see a glimce of Doomhammer (as Thrall) rising among the Orcish leaders as the Horde is united.

I love that campaign. I researched it in the map editor and edited it for myself. In the editor there are some interesting pieces of data hinting at the future WC2 campaign, like the "alpha versions" of death knights, ogre mages and Orgrim himself.

Download it if you can. And if you wish, I can send you a version edited by me too.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:49 AM

Echo of the Past

^ So his version of the game has more designs on his editor?

(In terms of the Doomhammer model, I've often imagined that it would HAVE to be Thrall. Thrall and Doomhammer have a similar looking face, but more importantly, I think Thrall's the only Orc to carry around a hammer. But the best-looking model, methinks, would be a Paladin that looked like an Orc.)

EDIT: If you ever get the spare time, please do send me your edited version.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:55 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
^ So his version of the game has more designs on his editor?

(In terms of the Doomhammer model, I've often imagined that it would HAVE to be Thrall. Thrall and Doomhammer have a similar looking face, but more importantly, I think Thrall's the only Orc to carry around a hammer. But the best-looking model, methinks, would be a Paladin that looked like an Orc.)

EDIT: If you ever get the spare time, please do send me your edited version.
Here is his page.

There actually are many fan-made Doomhammer models on Hive, but that campaign is one of the earlier ones and didn't have many new models, except for some re-skins and icons.

And I would rather advice to appreciate the author's original work first, rather than some pesky editor's edits.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:56 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
And I would rather advice to appreciate the author's original work first, rather than some pesky editor's edits.
A noble point!
Old 05-15-2012, 07:02 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
A noble point!
As for "more designs on his version's editor": you can integrate non-custom models into your maps through the import function in the World Editor.

I would also recommend a great series of Warcraft Novel-based campaigns, especially The Last Guardian one.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:32 PM

Banished

The non-existence of WoTA-based WC3 maps has always bothered me
Old 07-30-2012, 11:55 PM

Eternal

Quote:
You start as Shadow Council agents, open the Dark Portal, and establish a foothold in the Black Morass and orchestrate the coming of clans to Azeroth.

Then, under Gul'dan's agenda, you create the Blackrock Clan to unite the Orcs in Azeroth.

Meanwhile, Twilight's Hammer, Burning Blade and Bleeding Hollow attack Stormwind. Then you play as Lothar's army, defend Stormwind and pursue the retreating Orcs.

The campaign ends with the establishment of Stonard and Rockard and we see a glimce of Doomhammer (as Thrall) rising among the Orcish leaders as the Horde is united.

I love that campaign. I researched it in the map editor and edited it for myself. In the editor there are some interesting pieces of data hinting at the future WC2 campaign, like the "alpha versions" of death knights, ogre mages and Orgrim himself.

Download it if you can. And if you wish, I can send you a version edited by me too.
I am currently playing this campaign. Mission 5 was so hard, mate.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:03 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: mjbmitch#1158

Quote:
So after all these years, I finally picked up the Frozen Throne expansion.
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean, how much more could you possibly fuck up the entire backstory to Star Wars? And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of a gas station, the unfortunate reality of the Star Wars prequels is that they'll be around... forever. They will never go away. They can never be undone.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:22 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbmitch View Post
Well, I almost bought it when it first came out, but I was in college and not really in a position to go around buying brand new games. Then, time passed.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:24 PM

Priestess of the Moon

I'm planning on getting a Warcraft 2 based map for Starcraft 2 up and running sometime after Blizzard Allstars comes out. It'll be after Blizzard Allstars gets released, and *might* require HOTS depending on how Blizzard works that content into custom maps.

Ideally it will be playable using Starcraft 2 Starter Edition (which is free) on the Bnet Arcade/Map Marketplace.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:50 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Hive also hosts a true-to-original-maps WC1 remake, but it didn't work on my version for some reason.
I made that campaign!

It's awesome to see people still commenting it so many years since it was done. I do feel shame for not being able to continue it: at the time, real life pressing matters made me stop during production of the second part. Also, it was being done at a time Warcraft lore was being constantly revised and retconned by Blizzard, leaving me somewhat disheartened about continuing.

The original plan was to make seven campaigns:
- Coming of the Horde,
- Winds of the Storm (the Fall of Stormwind),
- The Forging of the Alliance (about the period between the wars, with the Horde and Alliance forming their armies),
- Tides of Darkness (first half of Warcraft 2, showing the orcs advancing throught Lordaeron until Gul'dan's betrayal),
- ???? (Can't remember the name, but it was about the Alliance pushing back the Horde to the portal and ending the war)
- Beyond the Dark Portal (Warcraft 2 expansion orc campaign, with Ner'zhul gathering his forces, reopening the portal and retrieving the mystical artifacts)
- The Measure of Valor (Warcraft 2 expansion human campaign, focusing on the Alliance Expedition's efforts on Draenor)

Due to the sheer size of the project, I started it knowing it would probably end unfinished. I did expect to do at least the first three campaigns, thought. I actually halted work at 1/3 of the second campaign.

Quote:
I am currently playing this campaign. Mission 5 was so hard, mate.
I do know that changes introduced by Warcraft 3 patches frequently messed up with spell and unit data, so nowadays the campaign may be buggy as hell, as well as making some missions harder or easier than expected. Most missions were made to be hard, but not too hard.

Is mission 5 the one in which Blackhand and Uraman are trying to conquer Blackrock Spire? if the problem are the dragons, you need to be careful to not be surprised by them while fighting creeps throught the map, and use the raider's ensnare ability (Blackhand has it too) to keep the dragons on the ground. Try to keep as many raiders alive so you can keep the dragons always ensnared.

Most maps like that also become a lot easier if you explore off-path places to kill creeps and get their itens. There are a lot of healing wards, Rejuvenation Scrolls and other useful items hidden there.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 06-28-2013, 10:20 AM

Echo of the Past

ALLIANCE HERO UNITS

Paladin Commander
(Uther the Lightbringer, Turalyon, Tirion Fordring, Saidan Dathrohan, Gavinrad the Dire, Duncan Senturus, Dagren the Orcslayer)

Archmage
(Khadgar, Antonidas, Krasus, Kel'Thuzad, Drenden, Rhonin Redhair, Korrigan, Norlan)

Thane (same as Mountain King)
(Muradin Bronzebeard, Brann Bronzebeard, Kurdran Wildhammer, Falstad the Dragonreaver, Rom, Baelgun Flamebeard)

Ranger Captain (same as Sylvanas "Ranger" hero)
(Alleria Windrunner, Vereesa Windrunner, Sylvanas Windrunner, Verana)

Gnomish Tinker (Goblin Tinker, with some abilities renamed)
(Gelbin Mekkatorque, Sicco Thermaplugg, ...?)

~ ~ ~

HORDE HERO UNITS

Blademaster
(Eitrigg, Varok Saurfang, Rend Blackhand, Maim Blackhand, Kilrogg Deadeye, Samuro, Nazgrel, Jubei'Thos, Tharil'zun, Gath'llzogg)

Death Knight Veteran (spellcaster combination of Lich and Death Knight powers)
(Teron Gorefiend, Ragnok Bloodreaver, Gaz Soulripper, Ras Splinterspine)

Ogre Overseer (Tauren Chieftain stats with Vampiric Aura instead of Endurance Aura)
(Cho'gall, Kor'gall, Kor'gresh Coldrage, Omokk, Gorlop, Mug'thol)

Shadow Hunter
(Zul'jin, Voone, Gree, Ter'lij, Daakara, Kazra'jin, Zul'Marosh, Malacrass)

Goblin Alchemist
(Trade Prince Steamweedle, Kryll, Marin Noggenfogger, Baron Revilgaz, The Great Pisani)
Old 06-28-2013, 11:32 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I made that campaign!
Man, because of you, I totally thought Uraman was a canonical character for a while.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:50 PM

Echo of the Past

So Warcraft III already gave us major differences between the units (e.g. Footman vs. Grunt). I'm trying to think of naval distinctions now.

Elven Destroyer: faster speed
Troll Destroyer: faster rate of fire
Battleship: longer range, can hold the "Privateer" hero unit for more abilities
Ogre Juggernaut: has the "war drums" aura, like a naval kodo beast
Old 08-07-2013, 03:56 AM

Eternal

Deicide, why don't you continue your unfinished campaigns? Your campaign was awesome.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:27 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:

It's not downloading when I click "DOWNLOAD". Perhaps too old?
Old 08-15-2013, 03:18 AM

Dryad

Quote:
It's not downloading when I click "DOWNLOAD". Perhaps too old?
It's downloading for me
Old 08-15-2013, 04:34 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call of duty 1 View Post
Deicide, why don't you continue your unfinished campaigns? Your campaign was awesome.
Truth to be told, I do wish to remake it, thought I'm under severe time constraints. I'd also like to redo the entire chapter 1 campaign, making it more in line with official lore and fixing a few problems.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 08-25-2013, 12:15 PM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Truth to be told, I do wish to remake it, thought I'm under severe time constraints. I'd also like to redo the entire chapter 1 campaign, making it more in line with official lore and fixing a few problems.
Would Ur'aman still be there?
Old 08-09-2015, 05:38 AM

The Sun King

Necroing.

Someone's got their wish come true. Heck, it's pretty much "Tides of Darkness HD". A complete remake. All the same line of sights, mechanics, stats... Wow.

Alliance TOD - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/m...xtension%3Dw3n

Horde TOD - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/m...w3n%26page%3D2

Tags
rts, warcraft