Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-19-2018, 05:27 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I doubt they'll change them. Their NPCs are already out, and people will complain if the playable race ends up different. At most, Blizzard should introduce new options, rather than remove what people already know.
Yeah i don't think what's in will change, see streightbacked Orcs <.< outside of future content, that is. I was referring to the playable models.

Quote:
I think it's intended for you to be able to group with people with different toggles, or else you wouldn't be able to join instances with them.
Thing is, you can't heal people with Warmode on when you have Warmode off -.-' at least i can't seem to be able to, game poops out an error message about PvP status.

Quote:
I just don't think the models would be ready to be shown.

My guess is that the goblin model will be presented close to 8.2 (together with playable vulpera), and worgen will appear later.
I suppose there's always a chance they'll make them part of a minor patch inbetween 8.X patches. But it's been a while since the last update, it'd be a nice PR-boost.
Isn't Blizzcon fairly soon?
Old 08-19-2018, 11:57 PM

Eternal

So, having played through most basic things, I am really starting to feel Battle for Azeroth's story is going to be, in a very general sense, inspired by Warcraft I/II and the scrapped Warcraft III storyline.

The first phase starts with the Horde driven against the Alliance by a Gul'dan-esque figure (after reading A Good War, I sense quite a bit of similarity, especially given how Sylvanas utilizes the Horde’s fears, cultural heritage, history, survivalist nature to reach her own “ulterior motives”) which is in Saurfang opposed by a Durotan-esque figure (whose actions and perhaps the ultimate sacrifice are going to lead to Sylvanas’ fall, the Horde looking inward and changing its own path, and the rise of a new leader). The Alliance itself is at the time united in both purpose and ideal after seeing the Horde’s brutality and losing much of their lands (a side note, but at this point, it gets rather amusing how the theme of the the night elves resembles the old lore of the elves from Warcraft II/Warcraft III Alpha thematically – lunar and druidic themed high elves who see their lands and forests burned by the Horde, the rest of their population dispersed across the Alliance lands and eager for vengeance – I suppose this is why Blizzard is so adamant about not adding high elves as an allied race, they see no room for them with the direction they are taking the night elves).

From there, the second phase would see Sylvanas fall from power and the Horde taking its inward look, altering its course, whereas the Alliance would see itself hit its moral lowest in the quest for vengeance, losing the grip of its ideals and shattering the unity (this is where the scrapped Warcraft III storyline arrives).

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______
On a slightly unrelated note (this part is primarily for Krainz, as he is always interested in these things), I’ve been chatting with my closer social circle (my wife and brother, guild mates, real life friends who play World of Warcraft) about their reception of Battle for Azeroth, so far, pretty positive (comparing base versions without patches, naturally), generally ranking before Cataclysm, Warlords of Draenor, and Mists of Pandaria (Krainz, as you might remember from that survey chart I posted a while ago, Mist is not well liked around these parts), usually ranking as much or better than Legion and The Burning Crusade. Though as we are all players who started with Classic, we never take that into our equations, as it usually ends with us wishing to be younger again. Though we shall see how it ranks once the patch cycle is over.

*A note of importance, I was the only person (before I made my break) of this particular circle who took part in online communities or read even read spoilers. Most of us also play both sides pretty much equally.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______
Old 08-20-2018, 12:21 AM

Loremaster

It would appear in their desire to use a familiar name in the Zandalar foothold quests and as a Mission Table Champion, they forgot that Kelsey Steelspark was revealed in Cataclysm to be a serious character who was only pretending to be a stereotypically chipper, machine-obsessed, "gee-whiz, I'm so happy-go-lucky all the time" gnome back in Gadgetzan as part of her cover.

Last edited by ARM3481; 08-20-2018 at 12:28 AM..
Old 08-20-2018, 12:58 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
From there, the second phase would see Sylvanas fall from power and the Horde taking its inward look, altering its course, whereas the Alliance would see itself hit its moral lowest in the quest for vengeance, losing the grip of its ideals and shattering the unity (this is where the scrapped Warcraft III storyline arrives).
Vengeance, moral lowest... That sounds like Jaina to me. But it doesn't sound right at the same time, we need a Night Elf enacting vengeance. Maybe a maddened Tyrande? Shandris?

I like Shandris' portrayal btw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
On a slightly unrelated note (this part is primarily for Krainz, as he is always interested in these things), I’ve been chatting with my closer social circle (my wife and brother, guild mates, real life friends who play World of Warcraft) about their reception of Battle for Azeroth, so far, pretty positive (comparing base versions without patches, naturally), generally ranking before Cataclysm, Warlords of Draenor, and Mists of Pandaria (Krainz, as you might remember from that survey chart I posted a while ago, Mist is not well liked around these parts), usually ranking as much or better than Legion and The Burning Crusade. Though as we are all players who started with Classic, we never take that into our equations, as it usually ends with us wishing to be younger again. Though we shall see how it ranks once the patch cycle is over.

*A note of importance, I was the only person (before I made my break) of this particular circle who took part in online communities or read even read spoilers. Most of us also play both sides pretty much equally.

Very interesting info. I believe Legion and BFA will be forever hauled as WoW's greatest expansions.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:31 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Vengeance, moral lowest... That sounds like Jaina to me. But it doesn't sound right at the same time, we need a Night Elf enacting vengeance. Maybe a maddened Tyrande? Shandris?
I suspect something more overreaching than a few individuals or a singular group.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:37 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Yeah i don't think what's in will change, see streightbacked Orcs <.< outside of future content, that is. I was referring to the playable models.
I was talking about playable models as well. I'm saying that more options are ok, but not allowing people to be like the ones already existing would cause complains (see nightborne, with the difference that nightborne were a NPC model, while kul tirans seem to be aimed to be playable from the start).

Quote:
Thing is, you can't heal people with Warmode on when you have Warmode off -.-' at least i can't seem to be able to, game poops out an error message about PvP status.
If this is happening in instances, then it's a bug and will be fixed.
If it is happening in the open world, you shouldn't even be able to see people in warmode if you are with warmode off (AFAIK, they should be in an entirely different phase). I think you are just seeing players with the old PvP toggle on, and not being able to heal them is intended (it has worked like that since the end of MoP).

You can't heal people with PvP on unless you also enable PvP. Blizzard had to make that restriction because people were of course exploiting it to be healed by non-attackable friends while ganking people.

Originally, healing someone with PvP on would auto-flag you. But it became a problem when Blizzard started to lift restrictions on flagging mobs in MoP, as you'd flag yourself by accident by healing people near you, which in turn would allow ganking groups to kill the healers while one faction was fighting some world bosses/rares. So, Blizzard changed that you can't flag yourself by accident (you can't heal flagged players, you also can't attack PvP NPCs or players without first flagging yourself).

So, in short, the problem you are experiencing is not related to warmode. Unless you are seeing it in an instance, of course.

Quote:
I suppose there's always a chance they'll make them part of a minor patch inbetween 8.X patches. But it's been a while since the last update, it'd be a nice PR-boost.
Isn't Blizzcon fairly soon?
I agree that Blizzcan may be a good time to unveil the work on the models. I think Gamescom will cover 8.1, and the patch will be ready near Blizzcon, so they'll unveil 8.2 features in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
It would appear in their desire to use a familiar name in the Zandalar foothold quests and as a Mission Table Champion, they forgot that Kelsey Steelspark was revealed in Cataclysm to be a serious character who was only pretending to be a stereotypically chipper, machine-obsessed, "gee-whiz, I'm so happy-go-lucky all the time" gnome back in Gadgetzan as part of her cover.
I had forgotten that altogether. Nice call.

Quote:

I like Shandris' portrayal btw:

Kul tirans, gilneans and all elf types (make an united high/void/night elven martial force!) are the most likely Alliance races to fall into revenge mode, IMO. Oh, and there's the dark irons too, who have no reason for revenge, but can be pretty amoral.

Also, lightforged draenei have potential to fill that role, as religious zealots they'd do some horrible things in the name of righteousness.

I'd love to see these groups take the charge for a while, before the moderate Alliance leaders need to step in.

But I don't really see Jaina supporting it beyond the initial stage. Once things start to go dark, she'd hesitate. It's in her nature (IMO), despite all the traumas she suffered.

(hmmm... Kul tirans, gilneans, elves, dark irons and lightforged draenei... Maybe it's no coincidence that these are the groups that are getting the spotlight in early BfA! Maybe we will see a darker Alliance soon.)

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 08-20-2018 at 05:46 AM..
Old 08-20-2018, 05:57 AM

Eternal

Exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote the post down, Deicide, especially it were the Umbric parts in the war campaign that made me think about this.

Edit: Calia's undead, if they become a thing as I suspect, could also play into this, specifically the forced cultural/religious conversion angle they seem to be heading with the Light.

Last edited by Marthen; 08-20-2018 at 06:54 AM..
Old 08-20-2018, 09:22 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Warbingers: Azshara will be shown on the 24th as the finale of the Blizzard Cosplay Showcase(?!) at Gamescom. There doesn't seem to be any space in the schedule for 8.1 discussion. It looks like when Blizzard said they thought 7.1 came out too soon they meant it should be a lot farther off. Because if they save 8.1's reveal for BlizzCon, we probably won't see it until next year.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 08-20-2018 at 09:26 AM..
Old 08-20-2018, 09:57 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Warbingers: Azshara will be shown on the 24th as the finale of the Blizzard Cosplay Showcase(?!) at Gamescom. There doesn't seem to be any space in the schedule for 8.1 discussion. It looks like when Blizzard said they thought 7.1 came out too soon they meant it should be a lot farther off. Because if they save 8.1's reveal for BlizzCon, we probably won't see it until next year.
Weird. Really weird. And disappointing as well.

I don't think BfA 8.0 can last more than 3 months before people start to feel bored. Even if 8.1 only launches in December or January, we'd get datamining from PTR months before that. I think announcing some features now would make more sense than waiting Blizzcon.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:52 PM

Troubadour

I'm really into Island Expeditions. Looking forward to those rare transmogs.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I'm liking them as well. Did enough to get the weekly Azerite reward.

It's a nice repeatable content to do when you just want a quick queue and some fun that isn't entirely scripted (like dungeons).

Old 08-20-2018, 10:49 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
I wish I could get some better groups for those, even on heroic theres people just running around with their heads up their asses pulling every god damn thing they can and trying to aoe em down. Not to mention missing basic mechanics like interrupting heals. Other than that they seem like decent content, would really like the mounts.
I actually had to turn off warmorde for the first time when trying to complete certain quests. I would hang back far enough for Horde to kill a rare then shortly after a while new group would roll right up and Id get wrecked. I play real late/early hours since I work nights so much harder to find Warmode groups however switching to Normal found groups extremely quick.
This actual has resolved in some really fun WPvP so far so Im happy with its addition. Still running into a few bugs with quests where the turn in has completely disappeared as well as one Azerite trait still shooting enemies Im not in combat with. Overall having a very good time playing and pleasantly surprised with how well done the quests and zones flow its great.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:42 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
pulling every god damn thing they can and trying to aoe em down.
If there's more to Island Explorations the game's doing a pisspoor job of making it happen. Kill Shit, Loot Shit is basically all i've experienced in it so far, except that one time we found a quest that we couldn't fnish because we were done before figuring out what to do.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:39 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
If there's more to Island Explorations the game's doing a pisspoor job of making it happen. Kill Shit, Loot Shit is basically all i've experienced in it so far, except that one time we found a quest that we couldn't fnish because we were done before figuring out what to do.
Right, but it should be done with more control. Theres no reason for a Mage, I play one as well, to hop on his/her mount run all over and pull 100 mobs and run back and only contribute a measly 2k dmg while Aoeing the mobs they pulled. Also believe it or not there is some more to Islands especially depending on the Horde opponents. Twice I faced against the 2 mages and Priest I believe and they continuously tried to attack us. So there is a bit more to em than just AoE and loot
Edit:Also running these on Heroic currently

Last edited by Joeygiggles; 08-21-2018 at 12:42 AM..
Old 08-21-2018, 04:35 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
Right, but it should be done with more control. Theres no reason for a Mage, I play one as well, to hop on his/her mount run all over and pull 100 mobs and run back and only contribute a measly 2k dmg while Aoeing the mobs they pulled.
Ah, yeah, i get that. My randos tend to do that too, i just main a resto Druid, it's less of a problem when i'm around (currently doing most things as bear though. Even that takes forever to kill shit; i don't like ungeared characters...)

Quote:
Also believe it or not there is some more to Islands especially depending on the Horde opponents.
Due to my shitty gear i'm only running them on Normal right now, can't stand the dungeons and the World Quests like to poop out inferior rewards <.<
I don't know yet what to make of the AI, i figure it's not representable on Normal, but i think even on the lowest difficulty i should at least see them on occasion? I think i met an AI team once so far, they seem to like to bug out or stay on other parts of the island. Which is fine by me, if i wanted to queue for Fake PvP i'd just queue for PvP. I dunno. Island Explorations seem like an interesting concept that never got past the "let's do random content!"-idea.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:52 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Every expedition has at least two hidden quests in normal difficulty.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:50 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

So there's a "leak" going around on Reddit about 8.1. I'm pretty skeptical given there's nowhere in Gamescom's schedule for them to go into this much detail, but I'm sharing it because it sounds pretty awesome and I would love for 8.1 to be something like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A totally 100% real leak I swear guys!
Blizzard are going to announce that WoW is at 10+ Million subscribers again after the launch of BfA.

Patch 8.1 "The Tides Whispers". Featuring a 9 boss raid set in Nazjatar. 2 new dungeons also set in Nazjatar and a daily quest hub. The patch trailer is narrated by N'Zoth. Kul Tiran Humans and Zandalari Trolls as Allied Races once you get exalted with "Nazjatar Resistance", the faction assosiated with the quest hub.

Will be available on PTR in late October.

A "So, after we go to Nazjatar, then what?" question will be asked on stage, followed by artwork on screen of a bloodied Anduin Wrynn and a 'Bashee Form' Sylvanas running/flying at eachother. More details at Blizzcon.

A Genn Greymane cinematic ala Old Soldier is shown. Featuring Genn, Katherine Proudmoore and Taelia.

That is all for WoW at Gamescom.

Heroes of the Storm get a new hero, Mephisto from Diablo 2. And a Heaven/Hell event which will end the week before Blizzcon.

A cinematic and preview of Mephisto is shown. Available on PTR "This week"

That is all for Heroes of the Storm.

That is all I had. Believe me, or don't. You can come back to this post after the conference and see for yourself. Have a good one, guys!

And then somebody else replied to the original post with "more information" that sounded even cooler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another definitely not fake leak
Patch is 8.1: Whispering Tides

There are actually two outdoor questing zones - Crestfall and Zul'Dare, each for a different faction. Each faction has their own story, and then the overarching threat is Azshara's Naga

Crestfall is an Alliance zone, populated by isolationist Kul Tirans. Completing the quests here is necessary to unlock Kul Tiran Humans.

Zul'Dare is a Horde zone. The island held an ancient holy site for the Zandalari, the Halls of the Loa, but had been taken and settled by Kul Tirans in the far past. The Horde story involves retaking Zul'Dare for the Zandalari and is necessary to unlock Zandalari allied race.

There are two 5-man dungeons

Nazjatar: Sea of Stars

The Shadowlands

This dungeon dives into Vol'jin/Bwomsamdi lore, it sounds like

Genn Cinematic is amazing. Focuses on family, flashes back to his son in Gilneas, baby Jaina with a younger Katherine makes an appearance. End of the ciematic is Genn pulling up a chair in front of Saurfang in his prison cell. The old soldiers may share a bond?

Pissed off Anduin and Banshee Sylvanas, can confirm. Cannot tell where they are fighting, it doesn't look like Azeroth though. Very shadowy.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:02 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Old 08-21-2018, 02:09 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
So there's a "leak" going around on Reddit about 8.1. I'm pretty skeptical given there's nowhere in Gamescom's schedule for them to go into this much detail, but I'm sharing it because it sounds pretty awesome and I would love for 8.1 to be something like this:

And then somebody else replied to the original post with "more information" that sounded even cooler:
Sounds awesome, but I'm really doubtful of it. I hope I'm wrong!

Old 08-21-2018, 02:39 PM

Hippogryph

New interview with the devs: https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...lvanas-garrosh

Quote:
“We’re not going to do to Sylvanas what happened with Garrosh”
Quote:
“We’re super excited with where it’s going to go, and I can just say that we’re not going to do to Sylvanas what happened with Garrosh,” Bybee says. That should help to alleviate the concerns of Horde players who were worried that the unfortunate matter of that genocide would cast them as the baddies. It also more or less confirms that Sylvanas won’t follow in the footsteps of Garrosh in acting as the final raid boss for the expansion as well.
"Unfortunate genocide", now to become a meme along with "human potential" and "morally grey".

Last edited by Mungo; 08-22-2018 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: fixed url
Old 08-21-2018, 02:45 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Thumbs down

Well they sure pissed ME off by not only letting Garrosh live but also have Thrall stealing our kill soooo technically speaking we might still get to kill her by the end of the expansion, right?

Right?

... they're gonna illidan her, aren't they.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:50 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Well they sure pissed ME off by not only letting Garrosh live but also have Thrall stealing our kill soooo technically speaking we might still get to kill her by the end of the expansion, right?

Right?

Whatever they do with her, I don't think it will satisfy anyone, not even her fans.

Last edited by Mungo; 08-21-2018 at 04:03 PM..
Old 08-21-2018, 04:05 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Right?

I was very happy when Garrosh was captured instead of killed. First, because killing the enemy is the Horde's way, and that was supposed to be an Alliance victory.

Second, because keeping Garrosh around as a prisoner was way cooler than just offing him.

I expected Garrosh to keep appearing in novels and have some NPC locked away in Pandaria for a few years, until he escaped in some way to cause havoc again.

But then came WoD. Garrosh's end was completely unfatisfying and only made Thrall look even worse, as he had, in a single fight, both cheated his way and refused to admit his fault in putting Garrosh in power.

About Sylvanas' ending, I doubt she will get Illidan/Kerrigan treatment.

Old 08-21-2018, 06:12 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I was very happy when Garrosh was captured instead of killed. First, because killing the enemy is the Horde's way, and that was supposed to be an Alliance victory.

Second, because keeping Garrosh around as a prisoner was way cooler than just offing him.

I expected Garrosh to keep appearing in novels and have some NPC locked away in Pandaria for a few years, until he escaped in some way to cause havoc again.

But then came WoD. Garrosh's end was completely unfatisfying and only made Thrall look even worse, as he had, in a single fight, both cheated his way and refused to admit his fault in putting Garrosh in power.

About Sylvanas' ending, I doubt she will get Illidan/Kerrigan treatment.
Ugh, I agree with everything you said, especially about Garrosh. When he was on ALT Draenor punching Thrall, saying "You left me to pick up your pieces! You failed ME!" I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. Garrosh was ultimately responsible for his actions, but Thrall put him there like you said.

I once read a fan-fiction where Garrosh didn't escape the trial and was sentenced to work in a Pandaren brothel. Just punishment, perhaps?
Old 08-22-2018, 01:28 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
"Unfortunate genocide", now to become a meme along with "human potential" and "morally grey".
I don't see why it would become a meme, seeing as it looks like it's just a part that the PCGames article writer wrote for the article, not something that Micheal Bybee or anyone else at Blizzard said themselves.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft