Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-18-2018, 11:05 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
I hope you are right about the Blood Elf Heritage Armor.

I made a thread about where those character arcs might go and would love your input: http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/show...98#post1621798

In the mean time, if we’re getting Forsaken and Night Elf Themed Armor for this Warfront, does that mean future Warfronts will also focus on diverse racial factions with the Armor they provide? I hope so.
I would guess for the others (assuming they're not scrapped or old, long canceled ideas. I think the Barrens one is definitely happening at least due to it having an map file and Warfront music tracks playing in the Southern Barrens on live servers)

Barrens: Dwarf and tauren

Azshara: Goblin and gnome

Silvermoon: Blood elf and void elf (there's tons of potential for Void themed armor)
Old 09-19-2018, 09:11 AM

Eternal

Quote:
In the events following the raid, we should be able to recruit the Kul Tiran and Zandalari Allied Races. If you are Exalted with the Zandalari / Proudmoore and played through the War Campaign, that's enough, nothing additional to do.
THANK YOU! I had feared they'd lock those behind another rep grind, which would've made no sense given that we're exalted with those very factions already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
Undoubtedly, rasthakan will die
So? Nobody cares about him. Talanji is love, Talanji is life.

Gotta agree with Rotal, though. Looks like another failed siege which, as sieges go, means that, as the attacker, the Alliance will loose way more than the Horde (or the Zandalari in this case).
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017

Last edited by spidey1980; 09-19-2018 at 09:15 AM..
Old 09-19-2018, 09:32 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Gotta agree with Rotal, though. Looks like another failed siege which, as sieges go, means that, as the attacker, the Alliance will loose way more than the Horde (or the Zandalari in this case).
Actually i think the Alliance will get out of this looking pretty good. Strategically speaking, harsh as it may sound, the success of a mission is based on whether or not you achieve your goal. If the Alliance just wanted to kill Rastakhan and tear shit up in Zuldazar, well, the question is whether or not they're willing to pay the price in lifes. If they are they'll be pretty successful. Rastakhan will die, Talanji might screw over Bwonsamdi and he won't like THAT one, and if your forces get into the city at all in force that means you've broken the defenses down pretty hard no matter how that ends. If they have Jaina with them the chase on the high seas might be less of a chase and more of a revenge-killing fleet of angry Horde-leftovers after the Alliance waltzed in and did it's thing. We simply don't know enough yet.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:46 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
If the Alliance just wanted to kill Rastakhan and tear shit up in Zuldazar, well, the question is whether or not they're willing to pay the price in lifes. If they are they'll be pretty successful.
You do realize that killing Rastakhan would be doing the Horde a favor since Talanji is a much better leader anyway. Also, it'll get the Zandalari really pissed off. That might actually be the final straw that makes them join the Horde for good.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:39 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
You do realize that killing Rastakhan would be doing the Horde a favor since Talanji is a much better leader anyway.
I wonder, does the Alliance even know that?
Old 09-19-2018, 03:00 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I wonder, does the Alliance even know that?
I guess not, which makes it even funnier.

Btw. Does it seem weird to anyone else that the Darkshore warfront is Forsaken-themed while the Arathi warfront is Orc-themed?
Shouldn't it be, like, the other way round?
Old 09-19-2018, 03:09 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Blood Elves get heritage armor first despite having way more armor sets from raids and dungeons themed after them than most other races.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:21 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:

Btw. Does it seem weird to anyone else that the Darkshore warfront is Forsaken-themed while the Arathi warfront is Orc-themed?
Arathi makes sense to me since the Forsaken's previous presence there was about as big as the Orcs' but Forsaken in Darkshore seem awfully random. As does Darkshore in it's entirety; kinda comes out of nowhere. I wonder just how early these plans are. We've got NOTHING (to my knowledge at least) about Darkshore in the files, we only got concept art for Forsaken-stuff, we got nebulous plans for expanded Warfront-stuff but haven't actually SEEN any of that, and now they're selling a six month bundle with a sweet mount.

8.1 seems... awfully far away.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:25 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Actually i think the Alliance will get out of this looking pretty good. Strategically speaking, harsh as it may sound, the success of a mission is based on whether or not you achieve your goal. If the Alliance just wanted to kill Rastakhan and tear shit up in Zuldazar, well, the question is whether or not they're willing to pay the price in lifes. If they are they'll be pretty successful. Rastakhan will die, Talanji might screw over Bwonsamdi and he won't like THAT one, and if your forces get into the city at all in force that means you've broken the defenses down pretty hard no matter how that ends. If they have Jaina with them the chase on the high seas might be less of a chase and more of a revenge-killing fleet of angry Horde-leftovers after the Alliance waltzed in and did it's thing. We simply don't know enough yet.
If the attack on Zul’Dazar is just meant to be a Pearl Harbor style Raid, where all they want is to do some damage and get out, then yes, it’s successful, but one must ask to what purpose? If you’re just looking to punish the Zandalari for harboring the Horde, all you’ve done is push them into the Horde. If you want to destroy ships (again, thinking Pearl Harbor) then you are quite successful. If you’re hoping to take or destroy the Harbor, denying the Horde a strategic naval base, that’s gonna be a failure.

I wonder if any factions will be associated with this patch.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:26 PM

Elune

Quote:

Well, Orcs do have a bit of a presence in Arathi, after all, but it is at the same time a bit strange.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:30 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Undead Icon (War3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Well, Orcs do have a bit of a presence in Arathi, after all, but it is at the same time a bit strange.
Arathi is probably meant to remind you of Warcraft II. Darkshore to remind you of Warcraft III.

Or

I wonder if Sylvanas has some more nefarious Death related plans for the region, while Night Elves return to fight for the forces of Life.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:38 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Blood Elves get heritage armor first despite having way more armor sets from raids and dungeons themed after them than most other races.
What other Horde race would you give Heritage armor to?

Tauren fans have the Highmountain Tauren one
Orcs have the Warfront armor and Mag'har Heritage
Trolls have Zandalari gear and Heritage

Outliers being Pandaren, Forsaken and Goblins.

Not to mention that Blood Elves are very popular and the Spellbreaker armor is a very requested one. Hard to think they wouldn't give that one to them.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post

Not to mention that Blood Elves are very popular and the Spellbreaker armor is a very requested one. Hard to think they wouldn't give that one to them.
Got me there, Horde have a wealth of armor sets themed after them.

Though yeah, I'd say Tauren. Their aesthetic isn't used much except for that one Druid set. I'd say goblin as well but I think they need model update first.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:50 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Something I've noticed. Whereas Teldrassil is still mourned by the Alliance and continues to be brought up in the war campaign and the next patch, we never see the Horde upset about Lordaeron. None of the Forsaken characters mention it or seem sad about the Undercity being destroyed, and even in Orgrimmar there are far fewer refugees than in Stormwind, and instead of being sad or mourning their losses the Forsaken refugees just make dry jokes about Orgrimmar being too bright and dry.

Maybe that's why Darkshore is Forsaken themed! They've already built a new home for the Forsaken there?
Old 09-19-2018, 04:09 PM

Eternal

Quote:

It's Grim. He wants Worgen Armor. To be frank, I do too. A headpiece that doesn't look horrible with a wolf's snout. Something that looks like some proper gothic horror, perhaps with a nice trench coat like what Genn has. Some sort of monster hunter gear.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:36 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
8.1 seems... awfully far away.
It really doesn't in the grand scheme of things. If you're just basing this off of Darkshore not being in the game files for a warfront, that's not much to go on. Especially since it'll be on PTR by the end of the week
Old 09-19-2018, 05:40 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
It really doesn't in the grand scheme of things. If you're just basing this off of Darkshore not being in the game files for a warfront, that's not much to go on. Especially since it'll be on PTR by the end of the week
I'm still shocked it's Darkshore. The Barrens has had a half finished map in the game files since the alpha, it showed up in those weird strings, and they're already using the Warfront music tracks in the Southern Barrens on live servers. You could easily argue that Azshara and Silvermoon were early, scrapped ideas given a non warfront labeled Silvermoon map file and those strings are all that exists in regards to them, but the Barrens Warfront has had actual work put into it.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:20 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I'm still shocked it's Darkshore. The Barrens has had a half finished map in the game files since the alpha, it showed up in those weird strings, and they're already using the Warfront music tracks in the Southern Barrens on live servers. You could easily argue that Azshara and Silvermoon were early, scrapped ideas given a non warfront labeled Silvermoon map file and those strings are all that exists in regards to them, but the Barrens Warfront has had actual work put into it.
To be frank, the Barrens never made a lot of sense for a Warfront. It's the last place I'd expect the Alliance to attack. Seems a hard fight for little gain.

Maybe they scrapped the Barrens and made Darkshore instead?

IMO, the Silvermoon one is going to happen. There has been hints that something is going to happen in Quel'thalas in the future.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 09-19-2018, 06:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
Something I've noticed. Whereas Teldrassil is still mourned by the Alliance and continues to be brought up in the war campaign and the next patch, we never see the Horde upset about Lordaeron. None of the Forsaken characters mention it or seem sad about the Undercity being destroyed, and even in Orgrimmar there are far fewer refugees than in Stormwind, and instead of being sad or mourning their losses the Forsaken refugees just make dry jokes about Orgrimmar being too bright and dry.

Maybe that's why Darkshore is Forsaken themed! They've already built a new home for the Forsaken there?
Personally, I think it's because it's not as inherent to Horde races to place so much value on territory as it is with Alliance races. I mean, sure, the Forsaken have a certain pride going on with being the former people of Lordaeron but the more I think about it the more I think the only reason they feel that way is because Sylvanas said so and I think Forsaken place more value in their Sylvanas cult than they really do their Lordaeron heritage. (Save for maybe certain Forsaken like the Desolate Council, and other members, but they are shunned by Sylvanas for not embracing their identity as undead.)

But overall, the Alliance is the faction that's far more focused on structure and building a foundation out of something.

That said, I feel the afterglow of this 8.1 announcement is starting to wane. Of the things I like: the rep change is good, I am on-board with helping Night Elves in Darkshore, and the Bronzebeard heritage armor looks too badass to not get it. On the other hand, I'm not terribly hyped for them using Worgen architecture just for more story-less expedition nonsense and Gnomeregan being used as a pet dungeon just seems like a joke. Nobody asked for the Gnome city to come back for silly gameplay such as that, and I do feel for Gnome fans on that one.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:34 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Personally, I think it's because it's not as inherent to Horde races to place so much value on territory as it is with Alliance races. I mean, sure, the Forsaken have a certain pride going on with being the former people of Lordaeron but the more I think about it the more I think the only reason they feel that way is because Sylvanas said so and I think Forsaken place more value in their Sylvanas cult than they really do their Lordaeron heritage. (Save for maybe certain Forsaken like the Desolate Council, and other members, but they are shunned by Sylvanas for not embracing their identity as undead.)

But overall, the Alliance is the faction that's far more focused on structure and building a foundation out of something.

That said, I feel the afterglow of this 8.1 announcement is starting to wane. Of the things I like: the rep change is good, I am on-board with helping Night Elves in Darkshore, and the Bronzebeard heritage armor looks too badass to not get it. On the other hand, I'm not terribly hyped for them using Worgen architecture just for more story-less expedition nonsense and Gnomeregan being used as a pet dungeon just seems like a joke. Nobody asked for the Gnome city to come back for silly gameplay such as that, and I do feel for Gnome fans on that one.
8.1 talk will explode once PTR is up and datamining begins.

I'm hoping for new models. New models are always good.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 09-19-2018, 09:58 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

If you usually read the official forums, I would advise against it.

The place is apparently the most negative Warcraft community right now. MMOC is pretty tame next to it and Reddit is back to its cheerful self after the 8.1 reveals.

Just stay away from those negative notions. As I was saying on the SoL Discord, both PvP and PvE have never been in such a good state right now. The biggest problem is tuning and thats going to be taken care of.

Protip: every single online game will have tuning issues.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:17 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
If you usually read the official forums, I would advise against it.

The place is apparently the most negative Warcraft community right now. MMOC is pretty tame next to it and Reddit is back to its cheerful self after the 8.1 reveals.

Just stay away from those negative notions. As I was saying on the SoL Discord, both PvP and PvE have never been in such a good state right now. The biggest problem is tuning and thats going to be taken care of.

Protip: every single online game will have tuning issues.
Yea same with some of the Youtubers as well specifically the EU ones, except for Talie, they are usually upbeat even in their criticisms and are at least logical with it.
Saw a Heels video for the first time in a while and it was as if he needed Ion exactly to tell him each and every trait they plan on tuning/changing, every detail on islands, which they said they will be addressing by adding/changing the way they work. Im not white knighting for Blizz here but it seems like they won't ever be happy and should probably just move on.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:05 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
Yea same with some of the Youtubers as well specifically the EU ones, except for Talie, they are usually upbeat even in their criticisms and are at least logical with it.
Saw a Heels video for the first time in a while and it was as if he needed Ion exactly to tell him each and every trait they plan on tuning/changing, every detail on islands, which they said they will be addressing by adding/changing the way they work. Im not white knighting for Blizz here but it seems like they won't ever be happy and should probably just move on.
Love Taliesin and Evitel.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:22 AM

Ranger

No Doubt Blizzcon is going to be another launching point for more Patch info.

And Worgen/Goblin model updates. we can only hope
Old 09-20-2018, 07:49 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Maybe the Barrens Warfront is actually the Incursion for Mulgore. The weird texts did imply attacking the Great Gate, most probably from the Southern Barrens, is an objective.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft