Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 07-22-2011, 06:17 AM

Eternal

Invisibility Let's talk Television!

What are your favorite TV shows? What shows are you currently watching? What shows do you wish were never canceled?

I really love Fringe, Doctor Who, Firefly, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Venture Brothers and Archer. Those are my favorites.

I also really enjoy/enjoyed Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Chuck, the Daily Show, Colbert Report, Heroes, Lost, The X-Files, Workaholics, Supernatural, South Park, Futurama, Dragonball Z, Naruto Shippuden, Tosh.0, Smallville, Monk and Psych.

I also enjoy most of the comic book cartoons, Justice League Unlimited was my favorite.

I also like science and pseudoscience shows like Mythbusters, Sci-Fi Science, Destination Truth, Ancient Aliens and Fact or Faked Paranormal Files.

Currently I am following Torchwood (the new version on Starz), Falling Skies (TNT's alien invasion drama), The Deadliest Warrior (the new season), Alphas (Syfy's new superhero hourlong), Through the Wormhole (the current season) and Battlestar Galactica (being re-aired on BBC America currently).

What say you?

Last edited by Shaman; 11-12-2016 at 09:30 PM..
Old 07-22-2011, 06:23 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Whenever I get a chance to watch TV it's Archer these days.

My girlfriend likes to watch, and therefore I watch, Ghost Hunters, Destination Truth, Fact or Faked.

I saw a couple of the Ancient Aliens. Some of it I think is legit, others are a little far fetched.

Oh, there is a show that comes on... I don't know what channel, most shows I watch are from On Demand, but it's called Oddities. It's basically one of the pawn shop shows but they deal in really bizarre stuff. Each episode usually has someone having a bizarre request for an item and the people trying to find it.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:24 AM

Lord of Time

- GAME OF THRONES
- South Park
- Futurama
- Heroes - Mostly season 1
- Chuck
- The Event
- Scrubs
- The Big Bang Theory
- How I met your mother

I think thats all.

Last edited by Nozdormu; 07-23-2011 at 04:49 AM..
Old 07-22-2011, 07:01 AM

Eternal

For my favourite tv shows: I enjoyed BSG, Chuck, Primeval, The Sarah Conner Chronicles, Stargate SG-1, Smallville and what I watched from Doctor Who.

As a Chinese person, I enjoyed the classic TV series of Journey to the West and Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

For my favorite animated shows: I liked DBZ, All of the Gundam series I've watched except Gundam SEED Destiny, South Park, Robot Chicken, Futurama, Robotech and Code Geass R1.

Currently I'm watching Code Geass R2.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 07-22-2011, 07:04 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: A big point of nothing in space and time (i.e. Brisbane, Australia)

I'm just starting on Battlestar.

Yes, shut up, I'm just starting it.

Also just got Game of Thrones. Keen as fuck to start watching that, everyone I know has said absolutely amazing things about it.

In terms of TV shows I like: favorites include Dexter, Doctor Who, West Wing, and Scrubs. Haven't been watching too much else lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killchrono View Post
Shut up and get in the bag, new guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
At least people notice me now. ;-;
Old 07-22-2011, 07:16 AM

Eternal

Can anyone give me links to watch Game of Thrones online? Would be epic.

I've also been watching This series. Basically my interest in Assassins Creed drew me to it.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 07-22-2011, 07:22 AM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
Can anyone give me links to watch Game of Thrones online? Would be epic.
Step 1: Download uTorrent.
Step 2: Download Season 1
Old 07-22-2011, 07:32 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post
Step 1: Download uTorrent.
Step 2: Download Season 1
Thank you, but I already have bittorrent so it should be easier.

Last edited by xie323; 07-22-2011 at 07:36 AM..
Old 07-22-2011, 07:36 AM

Arch-Druid

I almost never watch TV now; I only watch the news. I used to watch the Simpsons.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:36 AM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Thank you, but I already have bittorrent so it should be easier.
uTorrent and bittorrent is the same except uTorrent gets the updates before bittorrent and the DL file is smaller.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:37 AM

Eternal

Also don't be surprised if I actually like Joffery, through in a love to hate manner. That is because he reminds me of................well me, and you shouldn't take fiction too seriously.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Old 07-22-2011, 07:43 AM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Also don't be surprised if I actually like Joffery, through in a love to hate manner. That is because he reminds me of................well me, and you shouldn't take fiction too seriously.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
I'm more annoyed by Sansa than Joffrey.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:49 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post
I'm more annoyed by Sansa than Joffrey.
Possibly because she's poorly written?

And while I can understand why a character who acts like me is meant to be hated, there is one character whose hate I can't understand. I can't understand why people hate Helen from Primeval for one, since from a misanthropic point of view, she's right, also simular villains, such as Char from well Gundam has similar motivations and have done similar things have a large fandom.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:03 AM

Eternal

Quote:
For my favourite tv shows: I enjoyed BSG, Chuck, Primeval, The Sarah Conner Chronicles, Stargate SG-1, Smallville and what I watched from Doctor Who.

As a Chinese person, I enjoyed the classic TV series of Journey to the West and Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

For my favorite animated shows: I liked DBZ, All of the Gundam series I've watched except Gundam SEED Destiny, South Park, Robot Chicken, Futurama, Robotech and Code Geass R1.

Currently I'm watching Code Geass R2.
Did you see John Woo's "Red Cliffs" film? What did you think of it?

Also I heard China banned time travel on TV, so doesn't that mean no more terminator or Doctor Who there?
Old 07-22-2011, 08:08 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
Did you see John Woo's "Red Cliffs" film? What did you think of it?

Also I heard China banned time travel on TV, so doesn't that mean no more terminator or Doctor Who there?
1) It was good

2) I torrent everything.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:09 AM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Possibly because she's poorly written?
Not really. She is just so naive, that is just who she is. She annoys me so much because she reminds me of all the retarded girls I've met in real life.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:08 AM

Eternal

I love The Big Bang Theory and I wish they would start with Scrubs again, it's the show that actually made me consider going to med school at first.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:48 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Of currently airing shows:

Daily Show, Colbert Report, Doctor Who, Good Eats

I half-watch Chuck, kinda.

Of past shows:

Tons of anime dubs (Dragonball, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokémon's first season, Digimon Adventure/02, Monster Rancher, etc), Heroes (until they screwed it up. Got better the last season), Lost (until the last episode), more that aren't coming to me at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Slowpokeking

What shows do you wish were never canceled?

He Man 2002.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Of currently airing shows:

Daily Show, Colbert Report, Doctor Who, Good Eats

I half-watch Chuck, kinda.

Of past shows:

Tons of anime dubs (Dragonball, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokémon's first season, Digimon Adventure/02, Monster Rancher, etc), Heroes (until they screwed it up. Got better the last season), Lost (until the last episode), more that aren't coming to me at the moment.
Sailer Moon? Really?
Ok I also like to watch it in my childhood.

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 07-22-2011 at 02:03 PM..
Old 07-22-2011, 02:04 PM

Eternal

Deadliest Catch, King of the Hill, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, American Chopper: Sr vs Jr, anything to do with the NFL, Dragonball, Heroes, Chuck, Survivor (for the lulz), thats it off the top of my head.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:05 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Heroes (until they screwed it up. Got better the last season)
Ahh, Heroes... In my opinion everything went slightly downhill starting with the 2nd season, though it became much worse with the 4th season.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:08 PM

Eternal

When Heroes became the Petrelli show, that's when it went downhill.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:09 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
Ahh, Heroes... In my opinion everything went slightly downhill starting with the 2nd season, though it became much worse with the 4th season.
The second season started off well but by the end of it became a total crapshoot. I liked the last season more than any of the others except the first. Except for the stupid Sylar redemption plot thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasarax View Post
When Heroes became the Petrelli show, that's when it went downhill.
That's the flaw of most of the American TV series, they never write the whole story script before they make the first season, just write the script season after season until they don't have any good ideas.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:15 PM

Eternal

Favorite character - Noah Bennet

Least favorite character - Claire Bennet

Tags
entertainment, television