Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 06-01-2017, 02:17 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I won't stop you if you want to flesh out the reactions everyone had to my last scene. In fact, that would probably make sense. It's just that Mogka expected a prompt response, but I figure we can mess with the timeline so that doesn't have to happen yet.
I'll plan something out and if it's finished before your next bit I'll decide when its done whether to wait or post

Hehe
I'm real excited for this next bit on the western continent, grand tribunal, and the Grutharin hitting the hives in Ourothris. Things are heating up.

A thought Yaska, since you're still using the name as a placeholder, maybe have the elves rename the continent after a big event and have Ourothris be an older name?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-01-2017, 02:39 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I'll plan something out and if it's finished before your next bit I'll decide when its done whether to wait or post
What are you thinking of writing about? If it's more of the scene at the eatery, I honestly think you should just post it before Mogka's comment about sleep is addressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:44 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:

Hehe
I'm real excited for this next bit on the western continent, grand tribunal, and the Grutharin hitting the hives in Ourothris. Things are heating up.

A thought Yaska, since you're still using the name as a placeholder, maybe have the elves rename the continent after a big event and have Ourothris be an older name?
I can always keep it and say it's a old name the elves discovered in a ruin that they adopted.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 06-02-2017, 01:48 AM

World Builder

Quote:
What are you thinking of writing about? If it's more of the scene at the eatery, I honestly think you should just post it before Mogka's comment about sleep is addressed.
Yeah I'll probably just write out that short bit tomorrow then.

Debating writing littleglimpses of things going on elsewhere in the world atm, I know Yaska and Gromak might not have the time for longer scenes like you and I are doing but I still think little oneshots might be fun... especially given what's to come...

Mwhahaha!

My Worldbuilding:
Old 06-02-2017, 02:05 PM

Eternal

Even though I have my hands more than full with the Rak'shari, I still want to do some other races. Three concepts I have in mind:

A race of magically and scientifically advanced bird people.

A race of bug people that are a mixture of the typical Hive Mind bug race paired with a sense of individuality. Though we already have so many bugs another one might be overkill.

A bunch of viking-esque troll tribes that live on the northern continent and who specialize in frost magic and ice elementals.

These are just concepts mind you, and are not prepared in way, but I think they're cool and there's a lot of potential in there.

Last edited by Gromak; 06-02-2017 at 02:11 PM..
Old 06-02-2017, 02:13 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

By the way, what kind of trolls are we going with?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-02-2017, 02:16 PM

Eternal

Do we even have trolls as of yet?
Old 06-02-2017, 02:25 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Even though I have my hands more than full with the Rak'shari, I still want to do some other races. Three concepts I have in mind:

A race of magically and scientifically advanced bird people.

A race of bug people that are a mixture of the typical Hive Mind bug race paired with a sense of individuality. Though we already have so many bugs another one might be overkill.

A bunch of viking-esque troll tribes that live on the northern continent and who specialize in frost magic and ice elementals.

These are just concepts mind you, and are not prepared in way, but I think they're cool and there's a lot of potential in there.
Lots of potential, though we only have one bug race atm, the Lokusi (which are animalish-zerg things, not really people) and the Xysticid and Web-Devils as arachnid folks, so i don't think it'd be overkill if you wanted to toss in another, though you may wanna stick them on another chunk of the world once we expand the map a bit more /shrug.

Bird people and Trolls sound awesome too.

We have no troll designs as of yet, aside from the Frost-Giant-esque Jotun that are in Brondheim but they can be separate from 'troll-trolls' in the sense of monster races.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 06-04-2017, 06:42 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Should we go with multiple species of 'troll,' from the gremlin-esque to the stony giants? Or should we give those different species different names? What do you think a 'true' troll should look like? Zul'jin?

I swear I'm going to write more chronicle soon.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-06-2017, 10:12 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Regional variants are always fun, could do a mix of that as offhand terminology and them having proper regional names like Jotun or whatnot too.

Also working on a few other 'quest mob/npc' races to fill out the world

1. The secret things in the western continent that were fighting Lokusi and are going to come into contact with the Rak'shari, centaur, and others.

2. Teexla, a species living in floating cities, they're based off of human-trafficking and toxic relationships. They generally avoid the elven lands since they're one of the few societies that can attack them in the air.

3. A kind of wandering 'proactive good' construct species.

4. Some horrible ghosts to live around Grim's werewolf folks.
EDIT:

New Topic for the week!

MEDICINE

How does medical care work? Is there a special caste trained for it or is it like a profession anyone can do? How are the mentally ill treated? How are plagues or contagions dealt with? Do your people even get sick?

EDIT2:

A newly hatched Devourer spreading a toxic cloud over the countryside of some settlement, it will molt repeatedly as it eats, growing more deadly each time.

http://imgur.com/a/FHXeG

My Worldbuilding:
Old 06-07-2017, 04:50 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Should we go with multiple species of 'troll,' from the gremlin-esque to the stony giants? Or should we give those different species different names? What do you think a 'true' troll should look like? Zul'jin?
I've always liked the idea of the troll as a partly elemental monster; gigantic, lumbering, woodland/mountainside/cavern-dwelling humanoid elemental monster.

Basically the John Bauer-type of scandinavian/nordic troll.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:17 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

The usage of medecin has progfessed and regressed in many ways among the elves. As the elves live longer and are less fertile than humans do they put great importance on keeping themselves fit and healthy. Herbal remedies and medecin handled by apothecaries were the norm before the rise of magic as something easy and in great quantity. The dominance of the three types of elven healing magics moved the old practices to the rural and outback areas. The rise of the empire created a universal healthcare system with healing magi and priests being available in quantity.
The fall of the empire and the destruction of the largest temples and magi institutes have made such healing practices too rare to use on everyone, creating an reemergence of the old practices. Doctors and surgents have increased as the need is great to mend the wounded and maimed.

I agree with Ani on the trolls, giants should be viewed in a similar light.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 06-07-2017, 07:23 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
A newly hatched Devourer spreading a toxic cloud over the countryside of some settlement, it will molt repeatedly as it eats, growing more deadly each time.

http://imgur.com/a/FHXeG
Pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
I've always liked the idea of the troll as a partly elemental monster; gigantic, lumbering, woodland/mountainside/cavern-dwelling humanoid elemental monster.
I think I'm inclined to agree. So should we just omit any other kind of 'troll' we might have encountered in myth and fiction? Or should we include them under different names?

What should those names be? And what kinds should we include?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-07-2017, 08:52 AM

World Builder

One thing I've read is that the reason Trolls survive Ragnarok in Norse mythology is that they are meant to represent nature, which will be here before and after humanity has come and gone, that might be a nice aspect to play up.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 06-07-2017, 09:02 AM

Eternal

Quote:
EDIT:

New Topic for the week!

MEDICINE

How does medical care work? Is there a special caste trained for it or is it like a profession anyone can do? How are the mentally ill treated? How are plagues or contagions dealt with? Do your people even get sick?
Medicine is handled by the Rak'shari Priest caste and they make for excellent doctors and medicine man. They have a vast amount of knowledge about the flora and fauna of the Rak'shari home and what effect they have on the Rak'shari or other lifeforms. The treatment methods vary from simple herbal medicine to the consumption of the blood and flesh of an animal that has a great natural resistance to a disease or a trait that would directly combat an affliction (example: a beast with keen eyes to combat fading eyesight). They are also known to employ blood magic for their healing endeavors, for example amplifying the natural healing and regeneration abilities greatly so a Rak'shari may recover quickly from battle wounds.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:55 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
I think I'm inclined to agree. So should we just omit any other kind of 'troll' we might have encountered in myth and fiction? Or should we include them under different names?

What should those names be? And what kinds should we include?
There could be subsets and variants of trolls, sure. But then we'd have to figure out sort of what the defining factors of trollkind are. Is it the size and shape? A certain measure of intelligence? Having elemental/environmental features? Having some form of inherent magic trait? All of the aforementioned? Something else entirely?

I think I'd categorize the Elder Scrolls variant of a troll as some kind of wendigo/bigfoot/sasquatch monster. Sort of humanoid beast with very low, basically animal intelligence, living in either smaller groups, or in solitude save for mating seasons. They could very well serve as a primitive form of trolls, or a divergent evolution. Be to trollkind what the other greater apes are to humans.

And if Elder Scrolls-trolls are the greater apes, then Warcraft trolls, if included, could be the humans. The ones with higher intelligence, the ones forming societies and cultures. They've formed larger social groups, use more sophisticated tools and weapons, cultivate the lands, have armies and defenses, and have grown smaller than their more solitary cousins.

That would leave more giant-esque trolls, the ones deep in the wilderness disguised as mountains, boulders, and hills, as the neanderthals or some other hominid with lesser-than-human intelligence. They live in smaller groups, of maybe ten to twenty individuals at top. Often isolated from other groups of larger trolls, as well as other races, due to their sheer size and immense demand of sustainance to support a tribe.

What they'd all have in common, in my opinion, would be the elemental/environmental traits. A troll living in the woods has got mossy/planty features, the cave dwellers have dank fungi-esque stuff, the mountain trolls have rocky aspects to their appearance, and so on. And maybe some inherently magic stuff too, like their organs and blood having special alchemical properties, or just that they've got a natural affinity for elemental magics.

I don't know, what do you guys think?

Quote:
EDIT:

New Topic for the week!

MEDICINE

Among the nymphs the role of medicine man and healer falls upon the Theramákes, a specialized member of the highly regarded priest caste. They're trained both in arcane arts that can ease pain and cleanse magical corruption, as well as in the fields of natural philosophy and the sciences of healing herbs. In addition to those tools the Theramákes are also required to learn some methods of bug extermination, brewing insecticides and poisons, should a nymph's wood-like body be infested by termites.

Because of the difficulty of becoming one, and the high demand of their services, the Theramákes generally have to travel around in smaller groups from tribe to tribe, lending their aid to those who need it and then moving on to the next.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:44 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
There could be subsets and variants of trolls, sure.
I don't mean to suggest this is what we should do. If anything, I think it would be kind of weird to call so many different and apparently unrelated species by the same name.

Quote:
I think I'd categorize the Elder Scrolls variant of a troll as some kind of wendigo/bigfoot/sasquatch monster. Sort of humanoid beast with very low, basically animal intelligence, living in either smaller groups, or in solitude save for mating seasons. They could very well serve as a primitive form of trolls, or a divergent evolution. Be to trollkind what the other greater apes are to humans.

And if Elder Scrolls-trolls are the greater apes, then Warcraft trolls, if included, could be the humans. The ones with higher intelligence, the ones forming societies and cultures. They've formed larger social groups, use more sophisticated tools and weapons, cultivate the lands, have armies and defenses, and have grown smaller than their more solitary cousins.

That would leave more giant-esque trolls, the ones deep in the wilderness disguised as mountains, boulders, and hills, as the neanderthals or some other hominid with lesser-than-human intelligence. They live in smaller groups, of maybe ten to twenty individuals at top. Often isolated from other groups of larger trolls, as well as other races, due to their sheer size and immense demand of sustainance to support a tribe.

What they'd all have in common, in my opinion, would be the elemental/environmental traits. A troll living in the woods has got mossy/planty features, the cave dwellers have dank fungi-esque stuff, the mountain trolls have rocky aspects to their appearance, and so on. And maybe some inherently magic stuff too, like their organs and blood having special alchemical properties, or just that they've got a natural affinity for elemental magics.
I like a lot of this, but I'm not sure the phylogenies fall out properly. I figure the classical trolls of folklore are basically corporeal fey made to a greater or less degree from stone, whereas Tamrielic and Kalimdori trolls are more fundamentally organic (maybe cousins of the orcs, goblins, etc of Gruthar and Xaxalin?). I'm not sure they necessarily should share a family tree.

But I also think we might be allowing ourselves to fixate on the species we have already encountered. The Tamrielic and Kalimdori trolls aren't the ones we'll be including - we're only considering them as possible foundations for our own diverse species. I don't know.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-07-2017, 03:08 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
I like a lot of this, but I'm not sure the phylogenies fall out properly.
Yeah, no, I thought it felt a bit forced too.

Quote:
I figure the classical trolls of folklore are basically corporeal fey made to a greater or less degree from stone,
That brings out the question of who or what made them, if you're talking in that sense. Are they the creations of a deity, a product of an arcane reaction in nature, or something else?

Quote:
whereas Tamrielic and Kalimdori trolls are more fundamentally organic (maybe cousins of the orcs, goblins, etc of Gruthar and Xaxalin?).
The Tamrielic trolls(PH), if sasquatch/bigfoot-esque, could be related to the "Yeti Monks" up in the Frozen Reaches. Who came up with them, and what's their story? I don't find anything about them in Sky's original post.

As for the Kalimdori trolls, unless anyone feels like picking up a new race and culture to develop, I wouldn't mind dropping those entirely, or at least leave them somewhat ambiguous. We can think of them like a mythical far-away group of people, only encountered rarely, with little to no reliable records.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:12 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
The usage of medicine has progressed and regressed in many ways among the elves. As the elves live longer and are less fertile than humans do they put great importance on keeping themselves fit and healthy. Herbal remedies and medicine handled by apothecaries were the norm before the rise of magic as something easy and in great quantity. The dominance of the three types of elven healing magics moved the old practices to the rural and outback areas. The rise of the empire created a universal healthcare system with healing magi and priests being available in quantity.
The fall of the empire and the destruction of the largest temples and magi institutes have made such healing practices too rare to use on everyone, creating an reemergence of the old practices. Doctors and surgeons have increased as the need is great to mend the wounded and maimed.

I agree with Ani on the trolls, giants should be viewed in a similar light.
1. Makes sense given the rise and fall of the empire, are the healing practices that remain pretty much the same and there's just not enough manpower or was some of the technique lost too?

2. Agree with him on which bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
the consumption of the blood and flesh of an animal that has a great natural resistance to a disease or a trait that would directly combat an affliction (example: a beast with keen eyes to combat fading eyesight).
That's a really clever way to incorporate their 'you are what you eat' abilities.

Quote:
There could be subsets and variants of trolls, sure. But then we'd have to figure out sort of what the defining factors of trollkind are. Is it the size and shape? A certain measure of intelligence? Having elemental/environmental features? Having some form of inherent magic trait? All of the aforementioned? Something else entirely?

I don't know, what do you guys think?

Because of the difficulty of becoming one, and the high demand of their services, the Theramákes generally have to travel around in smaller groups from tribe to tribe, lending their aid to those who need it and then moving on to the next.
1. I'm hesitant to draw too heavily on designs from other settings, but I do like the notion that trolls are versatile and tend to draw traits from their environment, close to the land and nature.

2. Nice touch on having unique medical conditions to deal with. Termites, kudzu type weeds, etc would all make cool stuff for them to deal with.

Quote:
Pretty!

What should those names be?
Eh, depends on what you mean by Omit. I'm okay with drawing inspiration I just don't wanna pull to heavily and copy things whole-cloth.

Quote:
That brings out the question of who or what made them, if you're talking in that sense. Are they the creations of a deity, a product of an arcane reaction in nature, or something else?

The Tamrielic trolls(PH), if sasquatch/bigfoot-esque, could be related to the "Yeti Monks" up in the Frozen Reaches. Who came up with them, and what's their story? I don't find anything about them in Sky's original post.

As for the Kalimdori trolls, unless anyone feels like picking up a new race and culture to develop, I wouldn't mind dropping those entirely, or at least leave them somewhat ambiguous. We can think of them like a mythical far-away group of people, only encountered rarely, with little to no reliable records.

Troll thoughts:
I'm thinking they're descended from the Primordials directly, the original trolls and giants not being mortal creations, but a mix of animate pieces of the primordials themselves, and their early constructs. Filling the sort of role angels fill in christianity for god, but for the primordials initially.

Even after the fall of the major primordials they're still part of the world and will continue to be forever, but over time some decided or were magically altered to become more like the mortals so we end up with a sort of three tiered system of trolls.

1. "Primordial trolls." Enormous in size, powerful magic, 'incomprehensible yet wise'. Usually dormant as a hillside or other feature of the land but wake up during magical events like eclipses or whatnot.

2. "Elemental trolls." Large in size but capable of interacting with mortals but still have a 'wildness' about them that prevents them from being a proper civilization on their own, but are so powerful it doesn't much matter.

3. Mortal troll races with elemental vestiges. Able to form proper civilizations and have a bit of variety of societies scattered across the world.

A note on the yeti: I made them but haven't fleshed them out a whole lot, partially due to time and also partially due to potential... spoilers, regarding some other things going on in the world, hehe.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 06-08-2017, 12:34 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

In many of Xaxalin's dwarven states, secret xysticid ambassadors work behind the scenes to persuade key politicians and advisers to take the Lokusi Concern seriously.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-11-2017, 08:57 PM

World Builder

Quote:
In many of Xaxalin's dwarven states, secret xysticid ambassadors work behind the scenes to persuade key politicians and advisers to take the Lokusi Concern seriously.
Possible regional threats making the Lokusi seems like someone else's problem

1. The Timeless
2.Slave uprisings if any city states still keep slaves, raiding by "barbarian" orcs, goblins, trolls, even humans, and etc
3. A cult of cannibals dedicated to a gluttony demon based deeper in the jungle

A thought: A good chunk of Xaxalin is jungle, with Nulawa ranging from Mediterranean-tropical to full on desert

While I imagine most dwarven settlements along the narrower stretches and upper jaw will look fairly traditional, how might the environment affect them in other areas?

EDIT:

A concept I've been toying with for awhile.

The South Pole is a death continent. But leaning more towards a mix of pale-white sand desert and snow, than pure frost, because it's climate is all screwed up due to being a chunk of the world's moon that was hewn off during the big battles between Gods, Primordials and other Immortals.

The chunks of the moon disrupted the south pole's ambient magic and as a result it's prone to random magic and weather phenomena, and a lot of its plant and animal life are bizarre and alien, either due to being mutated by ambient magic or having been beings from offworld that were on the moon and survived the fall somehow.

Speculations abound but little is known for sure due to the difficulty of reaching it and the dangers that abound once there.

Thoughts?

EDIT2:

Almost forgot to do the Dominion Medicine post!

Originally each of the Grutharin races had medical practices that varied wildly by species, region, and tribe.

Once they were pushed north by the Lokusi, these myriad practices began to blend together, creating the modern systems practiced today, which fall into three broad categories.

Slime
Heat
Pain

Slime treatments generally involves the use of all manner of chemicals to regenerate flesh, cure disease, or neutralize acids and poisons. A popular method is to grow a slime utilizing the afflicted individuals blood, and use it as a filter for the disease. This method has also led to early developments of inoculation against Lokusi toxins in the Dominion, not a part of training any soldier looks forward to, but preferred to dying horribly and slowly on the battlefield from breathing in a cloud of gas from a festergaunt.

Heat treatments are meant to combat magical ailments, but can also be used to treat muscle injuries, burn off parasites, and myriad other conditions. Typically these involve the Torchbearer order but regional casters can perform them as well.

Pain treatments focus more on physical and mental injuries that cannot be treated with the other methods, most other cultures would consider these a mix of surgery and psychology, as the bodies of the afflicted are typically opened using knives and bound together again with ironthread or early prosthetics. Mental injuries are attended by putting the afflicted into a sort of trance through a mix of pain and nerve pressure to root out the cause of the mental trauma, though more recently this has begun to blend with slime treatments utilizing painkillers and psychotropics or other drugs, though it still remains the least 'popular' of the healing methods.

My Worldbuilding:

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 06-11-2017 at 09:22 PM..
Old 06-11-2017, 10:32 PM

Eternal

Hello guys!

I'm going to read everything's that's up in the OP, and then I plan to add my own stuff.

I intend to create:

- Dragon-worshipping lizard folk, inspired by Zao in Tibia, which I know I'll have to talk over with the lizard folk god. I intend for these to be in another continent from whichever one your lizard people are, of course, if all of this is alright by you;

- An underwater civ, inspired by the Broken Isles in WC3. Some of their territory will be over-water (like the BI), but most underwater. Probably, their race was once on land, but fell in a naga-atlantis manner. I'd like for them to be pursuers of knowledge, so maybe they've got some interaction with the Xysticid;

- Somewhere, there will be ghosts inspired by the Orzovh from MtG. Probably along humans or elves;

- Depending on how much info there is on Brondheim, I'd like to expand upon the vrykul, ehm, I mean, vikings, with plenty of mystical stuff;

- A continent or locale inspired by Sothoryos, full of wyverns, velociraptos and hydras;

========

And since I'm here, I'd like to ask Anansi what's up with the male population of her nerubian, uhm, I mean, Xysticid race. Do they live as an underclass? An upper class? Are they protected in the very deepest caverns?

Aneurysm: what do you think of the concept of having frost nymphs? I really liked that conept in WoW, and it might fit very well in Solthris considering your nymph lands are at a very high latitude.

Last edited by Ethenil; 06-11-2017 at 11:01 PM..
Old 06-12-2017, 06:58 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
- A continent or locale inspired by Sothoryos, full of wyverns, velociraptos and hydras;
Xaxalin, as far as I know, is largely undeveloped. It's basically just jungles and wetlands there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Aneurysm: what do you think of the concept of having frost nymphs? I really liked that conept in WoW, and it might fit very well in Solthris considering your nymph lands are at a very high latitude.
Yeah, I'm sure that could work somehow. Or well, sort of. Nymphs are what they are (half-plant, half-elf basically) due to proto-elves being corrupted/mutated by an eldritch god's influences, that turn fleshy lifeforms into woody, mossy vegetable-folk. And as far as I've developed that concept it doesn't include lifeforms taking on elemental features (say snow, ice-crystals, rocks, etc).

How'd we go about explaining yet another mutation (if your idea is frost nymphs having icy, snowy features)? And maybe that'd have them differ enough from regular nymphs to consider them a different race/species altogether? Or what if they're just a separate group/tribe of woody, planty nymphs that migrated north for some reason? Maybe their traits are more akin to that of northern pinewoods, I dunno. What do you think?
Old 06-12-2017, 07:06 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Xaxalin, as far as I know, is largely undeveloped. It's basically just jungles and wetlands there.
Awesome, once I've read all the available info, I'll see what I'll do.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure that could work somehow. Or well, sort of. Nymphs are what they are (half-plant, half-elf basically) due to proto-elves being corrupted/mutated by an eldritch god's influences, that turn fleshy lifeforms into woody, mossy vegetable-folk. And as far as I've developed that concept it doesn't include lifeforms taking on elemental features (say snow, ice-crystals, rocks, etc).

How'd we go about explaining yet another mutation (if your idea is frost nymphs having icy, snowy features)? And maybe that'd have them differ enough from regular nymphs to consider them a different race/species altogether? Or what if they're just a separate group/tribe of woody, planty nymphs that migrated north for some reason? Maybe their traits are more akin to that of northern pinewoods, I dunno. What do you think?
My very first thought was indeed a separate tribe or group that just happened to be living in a colder climate, taking on the form of icy vegetation and, why the hell not, (ice?) crystal things. However, I haven't yet read all the nymph info yet (it's what I'm on right now), so I don't know the full details of how they work yet.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:23 AM

World Builder

This week's topic for pondering is:

Where does the garbage go?

Are your societies cities packed with muck in the streets or piles of sludge outside windows? Landfills? Does it recycle to the point of obsession? Is it incinerated? Etc...

The Dominion recycles and salvages pretty heavily due to its near-constant wartime footing, nothing can go to waste!

Slime-weavers and rot-croppers collect the waste and trash from houses in clay bowls and sort it into what can be used for organic fertilizer or chemical components and what's passed off to hobgoblin and orc smiths to melt down into new metal.

My Worldbuilding:

Tags
collaboration, solthris, worldbuilding