Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 06-04-2017, 01:17 AM

Eternal

A van and some knifes...

Looks to me like those guys panicked after the police cracked down on the terrorist cell from Manchester.
With the the law on their heels, their original plan might've been shot to pieces so they hastily decided to improvise and go out with a bang.
So they went out without one. They're not the smartest...
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017

Last edited by spidey1980; 06-04-2017 at 01:19 AM..
Old 06-04-2017, 04:09 AM

Problemsolver

I'm not really sure which is the scariest; back when the US-funded Taliban groups were organized and at their peak, and performed disgustingly thought-out acts of terrorism around the world (WTC, London bombings, multiple attacks in India, etc), or right now when random fuckwits decide to ram trucks into people and chop them up with cutlery in the name of the Islamic State.

Someone wake me up when we've collectively realized that organized religion is a shit idea, and we've stopped killing eachother over imaginary father figures in the clouds.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:21 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Was this guy a refugee or immigrant or what?
Too early to say for certain, but chances are high.

Might be 2nd or 3rd generation, it depends.

Either way, just more proof Islam is a cancer but then those of us with brains have known that for a long time. The idiots with the power to cut the cancer out will still trot out the same, tired old "DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH" meme and this will repeat and repeat.

It's only a matter of time until things get really, really nasty when the average joes decide they've had enough. The streets will run red at that point.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:52 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post

Either way, just more proof Islam is a cancer but then those of us with brains have known that for a long time. The idiots with the power to cut the cancer out will still trot out the same, tired old "DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH" meme and this will repeat and repeat.

It's only a matter of time until things get really, really nasty when the average joes decide they've had enough. The streets will run red at that point.
If only Euros had some sort of way to defend themselves against this sort of thing. Why do you guys all hate freedom so much?
Member #14
Old 06-04-2017, 05:42 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
If only Euros had some sort of way to defend themselves against this sort of thing. Why do you guys all hate freedom so much?
You usually go to jail for defending yourself here, so yeah. Meanwhile, criminals get caught again and again, and after a few hours they're back in the streets. Don't dare talk shit about it in social media either, because you can go to jail for that.

We're pretty much a URSS 2.0 in the making. Southern countries are doing better, but we're the EU's bitches anyway so it's only a matter of time we start doing the same shit too.

They had the whole army in the streets, and they couldn't stop it. It's pathetic.

I can't help but laugh a bit when I remember when no one, specially UK and France, gave a damn about our own terrorist problem, going as far as to deny deportation of Spaniard terrorist hiding in their countries from our own law. Karma is a bitch, at least our police aren't a bunch of useless fucks now.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 06-04-2017, 06:07 AM

Arch-Druid

It took eight (8) minutes to stop the perpetrators.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:23 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Isn't this pretty much proof that the UK's anti-gun laws work? Having firearms wouldn't have prevented the assault, and it sure as hell cut down on the lethalities afterwards (Wounded-to-dead ratio of 8:1). Compare this to the absolute massacres of the Orlando shooting or the Paris shooting.

Last edited by ijffdrie; 06-04-2017 at 06:27 AM..
Old 06-04-2017, 06:48 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
; back when the US-funded Taliban groups were organized and at their peak,
The Northern Alliance didn't attack the US you racist ignoramus. Not all brown Muslims are the same.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:04 AM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Isn't this pretty much proof that the UK's anti-gun laws work? Having firearms wouldn't have prevented the assault, and it sure as hell cut down on the lethalities afterwards (Wounded-to-dead ratio of 8:1). Compare this to the absolute massacres of the Orlando shooting or the Paris shooting.
How France has had such trouble with terrorists and guns is still a bit of a mystery. The attack there was using things not even the U.S. has had.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:12 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
How France has had such trouble with terrorists and guns is still a bit of a mystery. The attack there was using things not even the U.S. has had.
France isn't an island so it is easier to get into France is my guess.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:24 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
The Northern Alliance didn't attack the US you racist ignoramus. Not all brown Muslims are the same.
Okay, I shouldn't have said "US-funded Taliban groups", that's not completely accurate. The US cut off their funds to the Mujahideen back in the 80s.

Does "groups born from an unholy matrimony between the US and Saudi Arabia" sound better?
Old 06-04-2017, 07:31 AM

Elune

Quote:
Okay, I shouldn't have said "US-funded Taliban groups", that's not completely accurate. The US cut off their funds to the Mujahideen back in the 80s.

Does "groups born from an unholy matrimony between the US and Saudi Arabia" sound better?
The Mujahideen weren't the Taliban. They became the Northern Alliance. The Taliban came in and kicked them out because we abandoned them. At the start of the War on Terror we worked with the Northern Alliance again to remove the Taliban.

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/p...or-the-taliban

What sounds best is what is historically accurate. Not what is trendy or edgy.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:37 AM

Banished

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...like-this.html

Quote:
We can’t just respond again by organising a benefit concert and waiting for a sympathetic world to light up its landmarks in red, white and blue. We, the British people, the good people of Britain, need to stand united in demanding drastic measures.

Firstly, as Tarique Ghaffur - Assistant Commissioner at Scotland Yard when the 7/7 bombings took place - proposed last weekend, we need to round up the terror watch list, all 3,000 of them, and intern the lot.

And secondly, we need to lock down the 650 jihadis we allowed to return to the UK or get them out. If they went to Saudi or Syria to train, they can go back there. And their passport and right to British nationality hits the incinerator on their way out.

I know all the arguments against internment - the camps become universities for terror, it will alienate other Muslims and help radicalise extremist sympathisers.

And a few weeks ago I’d probably have said that tipped the balance. But we are way beyond that now.

Our security services clearly cannot cope in monitoring all the threats out there against us so it’s time we took the most obvious ones off the streets.

If we breed more homegrown terror, we incarcerate or deport. A or B.

Thirdly, Theresa has to mean what she says about cracking down on extremism.

She has to drain the swamps of hate. That means zero tolerance of the people in the Muslim community peddling this breed of hatred, the ultra-conservative imams, the extremist mosques that encourage new Jihadi recruits to seek vengeance on the British way of life. Close down Saudi-funded mosques, charge ultra-conservative imams; incarcerate or deport.

Do not let the liberals speak to you of protecting British values of tolerance and decency. Many extreme Islamists are fighting against the very values we cherish. They want to oppress and frighten our women and girls indoors. Islamic extremists are at war with our culture. They have no wish to integrate and are proud to live apart in ghettos of extremist hate.
/ourgirl/
Old 06-04-2017, 07:52 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
What sounds best is what is historically accurate. Not what is trendy or edgy.
I'm sure I can still twist this into being the fault of the US one way or another. It's all a matter of relative perspective.

I can even spread it out, lay some blame on the Soviets for being invasive pricks, stirring shit up in the Middle-East, and some of it on organized hierarchical religion for generally being a cancer to human society.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:59 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
Belgian black market, as I understand it. The police in Belgium is kinda notoriously crap.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:05 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
The Mujahideen weren't the Taliban. They became the Northern Alliance.
The Mujahideen were a constellation of forces.
Some went Taliban, some went Northern Alliance.
Omar was a Mujahideen.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:07 AM

Elune

Quote:
This reminded of this image.

Quote:
I'm sure I can still twist this into being the fault of the US one way or another. It's all a matter of relative perspective.

I can even spread it out, lay some blame on the Soviets for being invasive pricks, stirring shit up in the Middle-East, and some of it on organized hierarchical religion for generally being a cancer to human society.
We should shave your head and make you wear a suit. Stop being a hippy!
Old 06-04-2017, 08:16 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Whoever created that image should pay more attention to punctuation.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:33 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
We should shave your head and make you wear a suit. Stop being a hippy!
For a response I was looking online for videos of Kevin from F is for Family saying "I fucking hate you!", storming off being all angsty and broody, but came up short. So this'll have to do.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:43 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:

If they weren't such lying cunts they would instead say "DIVERSITY IS OUR WEAKNESS".
Fuck, I have to talk down otherwise hippy-level people that get furious over stuff like this because speaking the truth puts you in jail or ruins your economy.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 06-04-2017, 08:53 AM

Elune

I just can't help but roll my eyes in that almost every case we hear the same, "the suspect was known to the police" statements. When you consider how many hundreds of these potential attacks the security services have quietly stopped and yet the numbers of suspects on their radar that slip through the cracks, it really speaks volumes as to how many of these nutjobs are actually out there.

Last edited by Drusus; 06-04-2017 at 08:59 AM..
Old 06-04-2017, 10:04 AM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Quote:
For a response I was looking online for videos of Kevin from F is for Family saying "I fucking hate you!", storming off being all angsty and broody, but came up short. So this'll have to do.
You behave young man or I'll put you troo dat fuckin wall.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:24 AM

Elune

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40148737

This is perhaps the most sad and infuriating line of this article and it also backs up what the London mayor is on record for saying:

Quote:
With three attacks in three months, terrorism against soft targets is beginning to feel, to some people, like the new normal.
Terrorists attacks, especially in London, are the new normal. Sure, especially during the month of Ramadan, there is a high chance that if you visit you won't be coming home, it's just part of the new normal and you learn to live with it.

This shouldn't be normal. This shouldn't be something that people in London, especially, should be walking around and just expect that someone is going to try to kill them in the name of their religious extremism.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:29 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
it's just part of the new normal and you learn to live with it.
I agree with you but I don't think that's what they're trying to say either.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-04-2017, 02:35 PM

Elune

Is Europe being attacked by barbarians again?

Tags
for the many not the few, politics, red and black