Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 12-20-2017, 06:13 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Night Elf Icon (War3) Night Elves: What Can Be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
First, this is not a "what should the Night Elves do now"? thread. That ship has sailed as I previously mentioned. This is a "what could they have been" thread.
That's a weird thing to say seeing how there clearly are people who'd like to discuss that.
Well, here you have it! A thread to discuss how the night elves can move forward.

Imo, the night elves are already on the right track. They are starting to remember that arcane magic is their birthright, their oft forgotten and neglected nature allies and military branches are no longer making themselves scarce, and maybe Maiev and Tyrande's can finally put their feud behind them, now that there's a slightly more satisfying conclusion to the Illidan arc. Of course, there's been a few hiccups along the way, like Cordanna, but I am cautiously optimistic.

What I would like to see more is the druids, Wardens and Moonguard working more closely with the Sentinels. I don't believe that they're actually neutral and separate entities from the night elven government and society, but I would actually like to see this reflected in-game. In the same vein, Malfurion should no longer be a character that is used exclusively when there's demand for a famous character who's willing to work with both sides.

The Burning of Teldrassil I see as an opportunity for night elves to go through a renaissance and reclaim their place in the world. Since the WotA, almost all elven kinds have been (mostly) content guarding their realms, in their self-imposed isolation, so I hope that losing their capital will serve as a wake-up call. Maybe now, they, the Alliance and Blizzard will make a greater effort to integrate the night elves into the Alliance, to show that the night elves are committed to the Alliance (and vice versa) instead of just being a race of elves that is allied with the Alliance but not quite a part of it. If Blizzard can make even Horde blood elves work, they certainly can do the same for Alliance night elves.

It's time for a new golden age for the night elves, instead of a continuation of their slow decline! Let there be a new (pseudo) capital in the Eastern Kingdoms, with more than just sentinel guards! Let them (and their Moonguard) rival Dalaran, Stormwind, Silvermoon and Suramar when it comes to magic prowess!
Old 12-20-2017, 07:00 AM

Priestess of the Moon

I will try and keep my post count in this thread to a minimum. A lot of this though is not going to come as a surprise.

The first I'll reply to is the comment on the Night Elves remembering that arcane magic is their birthright. You accused me in the other thread of not wanting what Night Elves were, and if that statement is where you're coming from on that, then please understand my confusion. Mistrust and restraint when it comes to the arcane has been very important to the Night Elves for a very long time, and for understandable reasons. It leads to addiction, it has mental effects, it has physiological effects, and from a more meta-narrative perspective, if someone wants to represent the old Azsharan highborne themes, they now can with a Nightborne. (As much as that stings to say given how Night Elf mages could have been implemented, but weren't.)

I can see where your comments on the natural allies and military branches not making themselves scarce come from, but I would remind you that if not for the faction war in Cataclysm, people would have said the same about Cenarion content then. They appear to be Darnassian aligned, but when the chips are down, the developers probably will keep them neutral so as to avoid controversy with Horde players, which leads us straight into the ass of the elephant in the room.

When the fall of Lordaeron (in BFA) was presented, we got a big, expensive cutscene. Sylvannas was shown as a badass, the Horde were shown as badasses, the Alliance was shown as big, threatening, menacing, and competent. On the whole, the fall of Lordaeron was a big deal, and Forsaken players have room to actually be excited about it because:

1. Forsaken players have gotten great lore in the past, and there is obviously a direction in mind for Sylvannas, foreshadowed and built up by prior content.
2. Blizzard gave this event the dignity and the heft it deserved, as mentioned above.
3. Blizzard dropped hints about what happens next, with discussions on the desolate council and warfronts, and enough information to work out that the Forsaken are still holding the line in several places.

Blizzard didn't care to do any this with the Night Elves, the burning of Teldrassil just happened, and to this day, we still don't know if the Night Elves will even be anywhere on Kalimdor or not - this coming after years of frankly abusive treatment.

Thus far to me, it looks like this and nothing more:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...dIntoTheFridge

So, someone has to explain this to me: Especially given the prior history, what makes you trust the developers to actually carry out some kind of "night elf renaissance"? What makes you believe that they will do that now when they skipped over opportunity after opportunity to do that in the past? What makes you believe that they even want to do something like that?
Old 12-20-2017, 07:46 AM

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
The first I'll reply to is the comment on the Night Elves remembering that arcane magic is their birthright. You accused me in the other thread of not wanting what Night Elves were, and if that statement is where you're coming from on that, then please understand my confusion. Mistrust and restraint when it comes to the arcane has been very important to the Night Elves for a very long time, and for understandable reasons. It leads to addiction, it has mental effects, it has physiological effects, and from a more meta-narrative perspective, if someone wants to represent the old Azsharan highborne themes, they now can with a Nightborne. (As much as that stings to say given how Night Elf mages could have been implemented, but weren't.)
My comment wasn't meant to sound as harsh as you seem to have taken it (nor was it really directed at you), so I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I can also see were your confusion is coming from, but I think there's a difference between wanting night elves to re-adopt customs they abandoned after Azshara's defeat (especially now that many of their concerns about the usage of arcane magic ought to have been laid to rest and that they've allowed the Highborne to return from their exile), and wanting them to behave contrary to all previous depictions without a catalyst that would explain such a change. A night elven Inquisition post TFT? Possible but, without another catastrophe to explain how their disposition towards mages worsened to such an extent, a development I would have trouble understanding. Night elves cooperating with gnomes in order to match a more technologically advanced Horde? That I could definitely see.

To be honest with you, I don't really expect even half of what I mentioned to be implemented. At least, not in the near future. I also don't expect night elves to be the focus of B4A, despite the huge impact losing Darnassus and a great part of their forests should have on them. However, with the Nightborne, Blizzard has once more shown that it can write elves well. Maybe you're right about Blizzard not really being particularly interested in sylvan elves (as opposed to magical high or dark elves), but given that, since Cataclysm, night elves (including even Maiev) have become more and more welcoming towards night elven mages, I expect night elves to move in the direction I described (magic -> renaissance) in the long run.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:50 AM

Eternal

I agree with your points Naz, although I'd like to bring one more thing up; architecture.

Should this Kaldorei renaissance feel complete, I believe next to transforming into a society balanced between Elune, nature, and arcane, it should also transform into a society more balanced in its approach to civilization. And part of doing that would be a larger return to their classical architecture (which is in turn inspired by our classical architecture), once again building larger population centers, classical in tone and infused with nature. Of course, that does not mean a complete shift, hence "more balanced".

This is where Legion was pretty great when it comes to art assets, there are now many HD assets to build both larger classical settlements and smaller "sylvan" settlements. There are even lamps to use for each.

Quote:
The issue here is that your argument does not take into equation the fact the Kaldorei used arcane way, way before Azshara and her Highborne, and that it was the arcane waters of the Well of Eternity that gave birth to the race of Kaldorei. That's why it is possible to consider it their birthright without looking at the Highborne and their practices, and that's why it is possible to want the Kaldorei to utilize arcane at large without wanting the Azsharite themes (which you correctly say are represented by the Nightborne now).

As for the rest of your post, please, you already have two threads to lament over Blizzard's decisions and what could have been. Is it really necessary to bring it here?
Old 12-20-2017, 08:22 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

With the Legion gone, Night Elves should re-embrace the practice of the arcane, and mix it with nature magic to give birth to unique nature-arcane hybrids.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:05 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
As for the rest of your post, please, you already have two threads to lament over Blizzard's decisions and what could have been. Is it really necessary to bring it here?
Yes, expectations of what developers will do in the future are of clear relevance to this topic. That said, outside of a direct response to that point, I got out what I needed to say in this thread on that matter.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:31 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
With the Legion gone, Night Elves should re-embrace the practice of the arcane, and mix it with nature magic to give birth to unique nature-arcane hybrids.
I mean, seeing how that's basically what they were pre-Azshara (case in point; the arcan'dor trees), absolutely.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:44 AM

Arch-Druid

I'd bring more attention to internal orders and groups.

Priesthood of Elune: Led by Tyrande Whisperwind.

Sentinel Army: Led by Shandris Feathermoon.

Watchers: Led by Maiev Shadowsong. Still butting heads with Tyrande, but now taking a more proactive role in the wider kaldorei society. Has a role as intelligence body, with assassins, spies and other rogueish types.

And new groups, like:

Moonguard: Led by Mordent Evenshade and Lothrius Mooncaller. A fusion of mages from both the shen'dralar highborne arcanists and the remaining Moonguard from Broken Isles.

The Moonfang Order: Elunite paladins led by Delas Moonfang, it's the military body under the Priesthood of Elune.

The Restorers: A dissident group of night elf druids that are tired of the Cenarion Circle's idle stance against Horde agression. The world can't be saved if there's war, and the only way to end the war is by supporting their people. Led by ???.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 12-20-2017, 10:40 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
The Restorers: A dissident group of night elf druids that are tired of the Cenarion Circle's idle stance against Horde agression. The world can't be saved if there's war, and the only way to end the war is by supporting their people. Led by ???.
Malfunction.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:19 AM

Arch-Druid

Go full arcan'dor and blend arcane and nature together. But make a distinction between ley line/stellar arcane and Nether arcane so it doesn't feel too mage-y. That's what balance druids are all about, and they've had moonwells and the WoE since their introduction, the foundation is there.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:38 AM

Priestess of the Moon

I do have to wonder why there is this push to get the Night Elves to forge into the arcane. There are already two other playable elf races that scratch that itch, and while the highborne have been accepted, I don't see why this should mean that the Night Elves should go whole hog on the arcane.

Actually, given that arcane mastery is rapidly becoming a Horde theme, wouldn't this be a perfect chance for the Night Elves to argue for its regulation? The very arcanist that Tyrande feared would become the next Elisande or the next Azshara just signed up for a war of extermination because she feared being "cloistered". If you justify helping people who would intentionally and comprehensively attack population centers in that manner by a concern that doing otherwise could mean that you might have to give up some of your arcane magic, does that not underline how magical addiction can warp a person's priorities and lead them to accept the very atrocities that Elisande and Azshara practiced? If so, especially if you are the latest victim of that ideology, why would you emulate those people? Why would you not instead point your finger at those people and say "see? I was right. We must control this dangerous magic before it consumes us all."?
Old 12-20-2017, 11:49 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I do have to wonder why there is this push to get the Night Elves to forge into the arcane. There are already two other playable elf races that scratch that itch, and while the highborne have been accepted, I don't see why this should mean that the Night Elves should go whole hog on the arcane.

Actually, given that arcane mastery is rapidly becoming a Horde theme, wouldn't this be a perfect chance for the Night Elves to argue for its regulation? The very arcanist that Tyrande feared would become the next Elisande or the next Azshara just signed up for a war of extermination because she feared being "cloistered". If you justify helping people who would intentionally and comprehensively attack population centers in that manner by a concern that doing otherwise could mean that you might have to give up some of your arcane magic, does that not underline how magical addiction can warp a person's priorities and lead them to accept the very atrocities that Elisande and Azshara practiced? If so, especially if you are the latest victim of that ideology, why would you emulate those people? Why would you not instead point your finger at those people and say "see? I was right. We must control this dangerous magic before it consumes us all."?
I don't think arcanism needs to become a huge theme in the night elves. But, since the introduction of nelf mages in Cata, they need to at least be addressed.

I see an arcane-oriented group within Kaldorei society a necessity, but it should play a lesser role than priestesses and druids.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:58 AM

Eternal

Quote:
I see an arcane-oriented group within Kaldorei society a necessity, but it should play a lesser role than priestesses and druids.
I disagree on the last part. They should be about balanced in my opinion, with Elune being only more influential in being the glue of the society as a whole.

Quote:
Simply put, as I mentioned above already, the Highborne/Nightborne is different from what we want there, a restored Moon Guard and arcane utilized in tandem with nature. In other words, there's a segment of people who want do not want the Kaldorei to be just savage sylvan elves thematically, but who want them to be true to their name, to be "star elves". And star elves ought to be as much about Elune and arcane mysticism as about sylvan/nature themes.

If Elune is indeed the goddess of balance, and if the Kaldorei are indeed her children, shouldn't their society represent balance as well?

Last edited by Marthen; 12-20-2017 at 12:02 PM..
Old 12-20-2017, 12:36 PM

Arch-Druid

I don't want them to just be mages. I want them to, as I said, go full arcan'dor. They've been using arcane since they were introduced, with moonwells. They have some arcane infused ancients. Balance druids combine nature and arcane already. It's not a foreign theme, I just want it to be emphasised more. Marthen put it good, embrace the "Children of the Stars" thing. Put a different spin between their arcane and mage arcane, do it the way druids do.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I disagree on the last part. They should be about balanced in my opinion, with Elune being only more influential in being the glue of the society as a whole.
Ok, we'll agree to disagree. I don't think giving arcane too much focus on kaldorei is a good move. Arcane should remain a secondary, not fully trusted aspect of kaldorei society. Nelf mages should be almost a paralel society with their own customs, almost a well-meaning counterculture that is tolerated because it's useful.

I think druidism covers the "star elf" part of the kaldorei nicely if we give more focus to Balance druids ("Druids of the Stars", as we have "Druids of the Claw" and "Druids of the Talon"?).

Old 12-20-2017, 12:53 PM

Night Elf Icon (War3)

As far as we know, Elune has ties to arcane and light magic as well as the Titans. Imo, the ban of arcane magic was tantamount to denying not only a part of their heritage but also an aspect of their goddess. The night elves were not wrong when they decided to regulate the usage of arcane magic, but their methods were too extreme. Their solution might have been preferable over those chosen by other elvish groups, but out of all races who rely heavily on mages, humans probably chose the best solution. They continued using magic but didn't abuse it, and in case someone did abuse magic, they had their own group of mage hunters.

I don't want night elves to turn into purple humans, but I'd rather not have them handicap themselves needlessly when there are better solutions at hand. I don't want night elves to be another victim of the old trope of the declining elvish or dwarvish civilisations, and that's where I see them going if they remain how they are or undo the recent societal changes. In fact, that's one of the issues with the entire Alliance; the "younger" races in the Horde continuously innovate while the Alliance races are content resting on their laurels despite the decline of their civilisations.

There are two periods of night elvish history we know little about. The period before Azshara's reign and the one between the WotA and RoC. Out of the two, I find the former most interesting given that all of the big names haven't change in thousands of years. You could pick any year in the latter period and chances are that night elvish society in that year would be pretty much identical with night elvish society at the start of RoC. A night elvish renaissance could also mean that we'd learn more about the ancient Kaldorei empire, its traditions, its rulers and deities... That is another reason why I hope that arcane magic will once more play a larger role in their lives.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:57 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Ok, we'll agree to disagree. I don't think giving arcane too much focus on kaldorei is a good move. Arcane should remain a secondary, not fully trusted aspect of kaldorei society. Nelf mages should be almost a paralel society with their own customs, almost a well-meaning counterculture that is tolerated because it's useful.
Alright, seems we have a different vision here, but just to make it absolutely clear, when I am speaking about arcane, I am not talking about anything Highborne/Nightborne/Sin'dorei-esque, I am talking about something like Asterisk described above.

To me, arcane would be ideally represented by a revitalized Moon Guard (whose duties would be in researching and policing arcane, as well as balancing it with the rest of Kaldorei society), this new Moon Guard encompassing pure arcane mystics (who would not be too numerous and who would be absolutely about knowledge and research, not about power), mage-druids (basically what Asterisk described with full arcan'dor), and mage-priests (the same as mage-druids, only Elune replacing the nature part).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
As far as we know, Elune has ties to arcane and light magic as well as the Titans. Imo, the ban of arcane magic was tantamount to denying not only a part of their heritage but also an aspect of their goddess. The night elves were not wrong when they decided to regulate the usage of arcane magic, but their methods were too extreme. Their solution might have been preferable over those chosen by other elvish groups, but out of all races who rely heavily on mages, humans probably chose the best solution. They continued using magic but didn't abuse it, and in case someone did abuse magic, they had their own group of mage hunters.

I don't want night elves to turn into purple humans, but I'd rather not have them handicap themselves needlessly when there are better solutions at hand. I don't want night elves to be another victim of the old trope of the declining elvish or dwarvish civilisations, and that's where I see them going if they remain how they are or undo the recent societal changes. In fact, that's one of the issues with the entire Alliance; the "younger" races in the Horde continuously innovate while the Alliance races are content resting on their laurels despite the decline of their civilisations.

There are two periods of night elvish history we know little about. The period before Azshara's reign and the one between the WotA and RoC. Out of the two, I find the former most interesting given that all of the big names haven't change in thousands of years. You could pick any year in the latter period and chances are that night elvish society in that year would be pretty much identical with night elvish society at the start of RoC. A night elvish renaissance could also mean that we'd learn more about the ancient Kaldorei empire, its traditions, its rulers and deities... That is another reason why I hope that arcane magic will once more play a larger role in their lives.

Can't really disagree with anything in here, and what you said goes well hand in hand with my idea described above.

Last edited by Marthen; 12-20-2017 at 01:02 PM..
Old 12-20-2017, 01:11 PM

Loremaster

One might keep in mind that the night elves' reasons for banning arcane magic were twofold. On the one hand there was the risk of attracting the Legion, but they also had the concern that those who used it tended to become domineering assholes who tried to lord it over the rest of their people. A fear reinforced by Dath'remar and his followers basically leveling threats and launching an attack upon the rest of the populace when they demanded that they be allowed to use arcane magic.

Just looking at Argus, Suramar, the old kaldorei empire in general, Silvermoon, Dalaran, even the arakkoa and the Gorian ogres, there's a clear tendency when entire societies become widely dependent on the arcane for spellcasters to become an elite ruling class. Which is pretty specifically something the night elves have a very deliberate aversion toward, and which carries particularly dangerous risks given elves' physiological propensity for addiction to the arcane.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:19 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Well, here you have it! A thread to discuss how the night elves can move forward.

Imo, the night elves are already on the right track. They are starting to remember that arcane magic is their birthright, their oft forgotten and neglected nature allies and military branches are no longer making themselves scarce, and maybe Maiev and Tyrande's can finally put their feud behind them, now that there's a slightly more satisfying conclusion to the Illidan arc. Of course, there's been a few hiccups along the way, like Cordanna, but I am cautiously optimistic.

What I would like to see more is the druids, Wardens and Moonguard working more closely with the Sentinels. I don't believe that they're actually neutral and separate entities from the night elven government and society, but I would actually like to see this reflected in-game. In the same vein, Malfurion should no longer be a character that is used exclusively when there's demand for a famous character who's willing to work with both sides.

The Burning of Teldrassil I see as an opportunity for night elves to go through a renaissance and reclaim their place in the world. Since the WotA, almost all elven kinds have been (mostly) content guarding their realms, in their self-imposed isolation, so I hope that losing their capital will serve as a wake-up call. Maybe now, they, the Alliance and Blizzard will make a greater effort to integrate the night elves into the Alliance, to show that the night elves are committed to the Alliance (and vice versa) instead of just being a race of elves that is allied with the Alliance but not quite a part of it. If Blizzard can make even Horde blood elves work, they certainly can do the same for Alliance night elves.

It's time for a new golden age for the night elves, instead of a continuation of their slow decline! Let there be a new (pseudo) capital in the Eastern Kingdoms, with more than just sentinel guards! Let them (and their Moonguard) rival Dalaran, Stormwind, Silvermoon and Suramar when it comes to magic prowess!
if I remember correctly, the Moonguards are a neutral faction separated from the Darnassian society and there are only three survivors of which one wanted to visit quelthalas!

the night elves have a town in Wetlands

that place can be thier new home

but I think the best place for them is valshara has a temple of elune, a druid city and a fortress

Old 12-20-2017, 01:20 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Alright, seems we have a different vision here, but just to make it absolutely clear, when I am speaking about arcane, I am not talking about anything Highborne/Nightborne/Sin'dorei-esque, I am talking about something like Asterisk described above.
When I talk about arcane and the nelves, I'm refering to mages and their practices. I don't mind if we just have more arcane energy (i.e.: druids, moonwells, silvery light effects and such), but I fear such visuals have already been stolen by the Nightborne, and the night elves should have it in a different way.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:22 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:

I don't want night elves to turn into purple humans, but I'd rather not have them handicap themselves needlessly when there are better solutions at hand. I don't want night elves to be another victim of the old trope of the declining elvish or dwarvish civilisations, and that's where I see them going if they remain how they are or undo the recent societal changes. In fact, that's one of the issues with the entire Alliance; the "younger" races in the Horde continuously innovate while the Alliance races are content resting on their laurels despite the decline of their civilization.
This logic doesn't work, for any lore based addition to their society.

Whether the Night Elves become purple humans or decline to the point of nothing is purely in the hands of the writers. The Night Elves are not where they are now because they didn't accept the arcane hard enough, they are there because the writers see Night Elves as convenient victims, and nothing more.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to beat that drum again, but you can't use their current state as an argument for why they should thematically change. That is a completely different problem with a completely different solution.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:26 PM

Eternal

Quote:
When I talk about arcane and the nelves, I'm refering to mages and their practices. I don't mind if we just have more arcane energy (i.e.: druids, moonwells, silvery light effects and such), but I fear such visuals have already been stolen by the Nightborne, and the night elves should have it in a different way.
Well, I think I have explained how would I have them in a different way.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:30 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
if I remember correctly, the Moonguards are a neutral faction separated from the Darnassian society and there are only three survivors of which one wanted to visit quelthalas!
Yeah, but nothing really prevents them to join the Kaldorei or the Shen'dralar or some other development like that.

Quote:
the night elves have a town in Wetlands
Personally, if they are going to move to Eastern Kingdoms, I think Duskwood is the perfect place.

* It's a forest area.
* The zone is cursed into perpetual night.
* Has a World Tree in a valley that is secure and unused and could be turned into a town.
* Said valley already has night elf buildings and a Moonwell, and looks like a tiny Ashenvale.
* The human inhabitants of the zone have mostly been killed by undead, cultists or the nightwatch detrayers.

Quote:
Well, I think I have explained how would I have them in a different way.
I was talking mostly about visuals. The "go full Arcan'dor" idea makes me think of the glowy trees of Suramar too much.

Last edited by Deicide; 12-20-2017 at 01:33 PM..
Old 12-20-2017, 01:32 PM

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
This logic doesn't work, for any lore based addition to their society.

Whether the Night Elves become purple humans or decline to the point of nothing is purely in the hands of the writers. The Night Elves are not where they are now because they didn't accept the arcane hard enough, they are there because the writers see Night Elves as convenient victims, and nothing more.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to beat that drum again, but you can't use their current state as an argument for why they should thematically change. That is a completely different problem with a completely different solution.
Yes and no.

It's true that the night elves lost their lands because they were on the wrong continents, not because of their stagnation or because they didn't use arcane magic.

It's also true that the Alliance could out-innovate the Horde all they want, and they'd still lose if that's what Blizzard's current plot demands.

But if this were not a game, if this were history instead of fiction, then, my points would all be valid reasons why the night elves should have been more open to arcane magic. That is why I believe that lorewise, it would be the right move.

You are also right that such a move would not automatically translate to a better fortune for the night elves given that their fate would still be in the hands of Blizzard, but that holds true for any suggestion in this thread.

Last edited by Nazja; 12-20-2017 at 01:35 PM..
Old 12-20-2017, 01:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Yeah, but nothing really prevents them to join the Kaldorei or the Shen'dralar or some other development like that.

Personally, if they are going to move to Eastern Kingdoms, I think Duskwood is the perfect place.

* It's a forest area.
* The zone is cursed into perpetual night.
* Has a World Tree in a valley that is secure and unused and could be turned into a town.
* Said valley already has night elf buildings and a Moonwell, and looks like a tiny Ashenvale.
* The human inhabitants of the zone have mostly been killed by undead, cultists or the nightwatch detrayers.

I was talking mostly about visuals. The "go full Arcan'dor" idea makes me think of the glowy trees of Suramar too much.
I thought so but that place is an integral part of the kingdom of Stormwind
if they moved to that place it would give me the feeling that they became vassals of anduin and not an independent kingdom

Tags
knife-ears, positive thinking