Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 07-28-2011, 01:30 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Default Wildhammer - Red Flight Friendship Oath

Do you think that the friendship oath between Alestrasza and Falstad Wildhammer (Day of the Dragon, page 200) is public? Why yes? Why not?

I personally beleive that it's of public dominion at least in Aerie Peak or at least to the wildhammer thanes. I mean... it would be silly not aware your people of not attacking red dragons because... they are allies?

What do you think? Would be something that is only known for a selective group? Or It would be known by every one?

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 07-28-2011, 01:58 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

This feels like a thinly disguised question about RPing or something akin to that.

I'd say that its public, at least to a degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-28-2011, 02:05 PM

Elune

You're right. Is not for me. It's a friend (hous) RPing a wildhammer. The leader of a WH town vanished him from the clan because he avoided to help BB dwarves killing red whelps. My friend said that the Wildhammer had a peace oath with Alexstrasza via Falstad. The town leader said to my friend that he was metaroling (RP things that he/she shouldn't know) and that he tought the "peace oath" was a secret thing between "Alexs" and Rhonin, Vereesa and Falstad.

The thing is... well. We don't have a document saying that it's public and neither one saying that it isn't. So... here's a debate about a thing that may not have been touch before.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Old 07-28-2011, 02:11 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

It's hard for a fifty foot dragon to do anything "Secret". Lorewise, Aerie Peak is a somewhat important city, so a proclamation by someone like Alexstrasza in a place like that would definitely get around.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:13 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

I don't know if its public knowledge that there's a deal with Alexstrasza, but I assume there was at least an edict say "Don't kill red dragons" or something to that effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-28-2011, 02:15 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I wonder how journalism works in Azeroth. We know the gnomes and goblins both have news sources (Gadgetzan Times, Gnomeregan Gnews Gnetwork), I wonder if they have reporters in most major cities, and whether or not Aerie Peak counts as a "major city" or not.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:29 PM

Elune

Well... The oath wasn't in Aerie... but...

Ehm... this is page 200

Quote:
“The hill dwarves will give you food and a place to rest. We will return for you tomorrow after the eggs have all been recovered and safely secreted.” A bitter smile crossed her draconic features. “Praise be that our eggs are so very durable, or else even in defeat Deathwing would have struck mine a bitter blow.
. . .”

“Do not think about it,” urged the male. “Come! The sooner we are done, the better!”

“Yes . . .” Alexstrasza dipped her head toward the trio. “Human Rhonin, elf, and dwarf ! I thank all three of you for your parts in this, and know that as long as I am queen, my kind will never be an enemy to yours. . . .”

And with that, both dragons rose high into the air, racing in the direction that Deathwing had gone with the first of the eggs. Those still remaining with the caravan would be under the protection of the jubilant hill dwarves, who could at last claim the mountain fortress and all of Grim Batol as theirs again.

“A glorious sight, them!” rumbled Falstad once the dragons had vanished. He turned to his companions.

“My elven lady, you shall always be a part of my dreams!” He took the confused ranger's hand, shook it, then said to Rhonin, “Wizard, I've not dealt much with your kind, but I'll say here that at least one of 'em has the heart of a warrior! Be quite a tale I'll be telling,the Taking of Grim Batol!Don't be surprised if you someday find dwarves regaling your story in some tavern, eh?”

“Are you leaving us?” Rhonin asked in complete bewilderment. They had only just won the battle. He still struggled to catch his breath from the entire matter.

“You should not go until at least the morning,” Vereesa insisted.

The wild dwarf shrugged as if indicating that, had it been his own choice, he would have gladly stayed.

“Sorry I am, but this news must reach the Aerie as soon as possible! As fast as the dragons'll be, I'll get back there before they reach Lordaeron! 'Tis my duty—and I'd like a few particular folk there to know
I've not been lost after all. . . .”

Rhonin gratefully took Falstad's powerful hand, thankful that he did not have to use his own injured one
to shake. Even tired, the gryphon-rider had a crushing grip. “Thank you for everything!”

“No, human, thankyou!I'd like to see another rider with a greater song of glory to sing than I've got! Will make the heads of the ladies turn my way, believe you me!”

In a startling display for one so reserved, Vereesa leaned down and kissed the dwarf lightly on the cheek. Underneath his great beard, Falstad blushed furiously. Rhonin felt a twinge of jealousy.

“Take care of yourself,” she warned the rider.

“That I will!” He mounted the back of the gryphon with one practiced leap. With a wave to the duo, Falstad tapped lightly on the animal's sides with his heels. “Mayhaps we'll all meet again once this war's truly over!”

The gryphon lifted off into the sky, circling once so that Falstad could bid them farewell again. Then the dwarf 's mount steered west, and the short warrior vanished into the distance.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Old 07-28-2011, 03:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Again with the Draconic smiles. Knaak wrote in WotA as well that Malygos' smiled.

How the hell does a dragon smile?
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:47 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
Again with the Draconic smiles. Knaak wrote in WotA as well that Malygos' smiled.

How the hell does a dragon smile?
Do you really have to ask