Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-29-2019, 07:42 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

I wonder if the Kul Tiran dance is going to be the same as the Humans. I am banking on no.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:18 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

"Thomas Zelling has... had... a family in life. He made me promise to keep them safe, even after they called him a monster and shunned him for being undead. It is a promise I will continue to keep.

If they ever ask how he met his fate, I will tell them that he died a hero.

We Forsaken are raised with free will. That's what separates us from the Scourge. Sylvanas Windrunner used to take pride in that distinction.

But after all I have seen in this war, I must wonder if that still holds true."

Maybe now people will understand why Derek's rescue is relevant not only to the Alliance but also to the Forsaken, who now know that Baine is willing to defend them even from their own queen.

Oh, who am I kidding? Obviously Baine is simply trying to impress pretty blondes.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:08 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

For further context to Nazja's above post, in the newest PTR all the Horde leaders (except Ji for some reason) give their thoughts on Baine's imprisonment. All of them are upset with Sylvanas and defend Baine's actions except for Gallywix (who doesn't care either way) and Geya'rah (who is 100% behind Sylvanas).

Lor'themar:
Quote:
"I cannot fault Baine's heart, even if his actions were drastic. Through this act of defiance, he exposed a schism in the Horde that has been growing since the attack on Teldrassil.

I fear that by openly opposing Sylvanas, he may have put his own people at risk. As mine would be, were I to side with him.

These are perilous times. We must be cautious... and deliberate."
Gallywix:
Quote:
"Well, I didn't see that comin'!

Wish I'd known things were gonna heat up this much. I coulda charged DOUBLE for admission!"
Rokhan:
Quote:
"Dis be some bad juju, mon. Da Horde gotta stick together if we gonna win dis war... but Sylvanas... she not be makin' dat easy.

And dis just gonna throw more fuel on da fire."
Garona:
Quote:
"You see what happened to Baine? To Zelling? That's why we need to lay low, keep our heads down, follow the warchief's lead. At least for now.

Baine's mistake wasn't acting against Sylvanas. His mistake was acting too soon."
Eitrigg:
Quote:
"Years ago, Tirion Fordring sacrificed everything to spare my life as a matter of honor. Baine has done much the same. Are we now to punish him for it?

I fear the Horde is becoming what we once hated, $c. And I do not like it."
Rexxar:
Quote:
"There are others who must hear of this, $n.

And they will."
Talanji:
Quote:
"Without de Horde beside us, my people would now be at de mercy of de Alliance. We owe much to de warchief... but we will not follow her blindly.

Baine Bloodhoof has shown honor and respect to de Zandalari. He must be given a chance to face his accusers and answer for dis supposed crime."
Mayla:
Quote:
"Is this what the Horde stands for? Imprisoning those who act with compassion and honor?

Perhaps my people should have never left Highmountain..."
Thalyssra:
Quote:
"Our rebellion against Elisande was just, and it earned me a blade in the back. I pray Baine does not meet a similar fate.

The nightborne are still new to the Horde. Perhaps I should seek Lor'themar's council. He understands what my people have endured, and I have learned much through our conversations."
Geya'rah:
Quote:
"She is no orc, but the warchief shows strength by punishing that tauren who deceived and betrayed her.

Those who lack loyalty also lack honor."
Lillian Voss:
Quote:
"Thomas Zelling has... had... a family in life. He made me promise to keep them safe, even after they called him a monster and shunned him for being undead. It is a promise I will continue to keep.

We Forsaken are raised with free will. That's what separates us from the Scourge. Sylvanas Windrunner used to take pride in that distinction.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 01-29-2019 at 11:34 PM..
Old 01-29-2019, 11:18 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post

Maybe now people will understand why Derek's rescue is relevant not only to the Alliance but also to the Forsaken, who now know that Baine is willing to defend them even from their own queen.

Oh, who am I kidding? Obviously Baine is simply trying to impress pretty blondes.
Derek and Zelling had families..wel so did Marshall Valentine, those tauren blighted and all those other people the Forsaken have openly killed and raised as weapons.

See here

He specifically says only by raising Derek has Sylvanas crossed the line.

What should I expect from the douche who not only lets his people be genocided by Alliance criminals but exiles the heroes defending them?

[QUOTE=Insane Guy of Doom;1623346]For further context to Nazja's above post, in the newest PTR all the Horde leaders (except Ji for some reason) give their thoughts on Baine's imprisonment. All of them are upset with Sylvanas and defend Baine's actions except for Gallywix (who doesn't care either way) and Geya'rah (who is 100% behind Sylvanas).

LOL at Baine having compassion or honor, he has neither since Golden got her hands on him. Honorable leaders don't let their people be butcherer nor deliberately get their own soldiers killed as Baine has done.

Cairne had honor, he protected tauren and when he had a problem with Garrosh, he openly challenged him to a Mak'gora rather then sneaking around like coward and helping the enemy.

And that list of leaders just shows how the pathetic ass writers have ruined the Horde leadership, no one good is left but Talanji, Rexxar, and Rokhan.

And no having good characters shill a shitty character doesn't make the shitty character any less shitty. They can say Baine cares about the tauren, but until they show it and have him make up for his crimes against them, telling us Baine is good does nothing.

Go figure its only the Alliance posters defending the traitorous schmuck.

Last edited by JorgeAxe; 01-29-2019 at 11:24 PM..
Old 01-30-2019, 01:42 AM

Eternal

Ah, the typical "if you do not agree with interpretation, argument, and passion, you must be working for the other side".

The fact stands, Baine has little choice than to use subtlety in defying Sylvanas. Mak'gora is out of question, Sylvanas is in too a strong position at the moment and she is not a particularly upstanding lot*, and starting a civil war would actually serve to help the Alliance tremendously, dividing the Horde into two completely, unlike this.

* I sometimes feel that certain people do not understand that warchiefs are not obliged to accept every single Mak'gora challenge, otherwise, Orgrim wouldn't have had to wait for years until Blackhand was in a weak position enough, the Shadow Council in disarray and unable to just brush off Orgrim's accusations.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:49 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
Derek and Zelling had families..wel so did Marshall Valentine, those tauren blighted and all those other people the Forsaken have openly killed and raised as weapons.
Baine is not omnicient nor plays World of Warcraft.

Of all those, he only knows about the blighted tauren, and those were a different situation in that they were turned into mindless undead, simple reanimated skeletons. It's abhorrent, but not the same situation as raising a conscious being into undeath then try to subjugate its will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
I wonder if the Kul Tiran dance is going to be the same as the Humans. I am banking on no.
It'll be the same as ogres'.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 01-30-2019 at 01:55 AM..
Old 01-30-2019, 02:53 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Wait... Rexxar is still a good Horde character?

The guy who once left the Horde because he found it abhorrent and only rejoined it due to Thrall but now follows Sylvanas almost blindly? That same Rexxar?
Old 01-30-2019, 04:32 AM

Eternal

Well, Rexxar is still a good Horde character (as much as a character can be given the level of Blizzard's writing in general).

The important thing to understand about Rexxar is, just like many other old Horde characters who became disillusioned with the state of the Horde, Rexxar did not find the Horde ultimately abhorrent because of the way it treated its enemies, he found it abhorrent because of all the infighting, scheming, backstabbing, and the complete disregard for your own people. What broke him was not anything they had done to the Alliance, but Ner'zhul's betrayal and the loss of his people.

It is in-character for Rexxar to keep fighting for the Horde no matter how brutal the tactics are, so long as the Horde keeps its internal integrity* and so long as he believes the fight is for the future of his people. You might dislike him for doing that out of personal preferences, be it imprinting your own moral values onto fictional characters, preferring the Horde and its characters to be utterly heroic in a traditional sense, or anything else, but that does not make it out of character.

*And it is of no coincidence that the moment this integral integrity gets visibly shaken, which is all that this entire thing with Derek and Baine is about, Rexxar starts professing secondary thoughts openly.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:45 AM

Arch-Druid

I am happy to know that Lorthemar and Thalissra are having a relationship of friendship and trust.

I hope the blood elves and nightborne are the main forces of the horde in nazjatar. Lorthemar and Thalyssra have to be the leaders of this campaign!
Old 01-30-2019, 06:04 AM

Eternal

Anyway, the last builds had some interesting NPCs added, probably tied to some sort of time visions or time travel.

Apart from Elisande, there are numerous entries for people like Deathbringer Saurfang, Paletress, Whitemane, the Black Knight, Hex Lord Malacrass, Jedoga Shadowseeker, Lord Victor Nefarius etc.

Other than that, there are also new NPCs seemingly tied to the Arathi Highlands, several Arathor units like Arathor Gryphon Rider, Arathor Siege Tank, etc, the aforementioned Lordaeron Citizens, several Scarlet NPCs, and one entry for Tyrande and Malfurion.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:26 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

looks like baine is gonna be warchief going by mop

F.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:11 AM

World Builder

God I hate Femthrall, she's such a stupid concept for a character.

Moreover she of all people ought to be concerned about Sylv taking someone's free will away Re: Derek, given how concerned she was about Yrel lightbinding folks.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-30-2019, 08:22 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Thrall was raised by humans.

Geyarah wasn't.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:36 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post

Moreover she of all people ought to be concerned about Sylv taking someone's free will away Re: Derek, given how concerned she was about Yrel lightbinding folks.
An interesting thing, her comment seems to be a direct reference to (from a narrative standpoint, not her intentionally referencing it in universe) and opposite of what Saurfang says in the Stockades:

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
"Make sure you know the difference between loyalty and honor."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geya'rah
"Those who lack loyalty also lack honor."

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 01-30-2019 at 08:39 AM..
Old 01-30-2019, 09:03 AM

Eternal

Quote:

The Sylvanas raid is gonna need sub-bosses you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Anyway, the last builds had some interesting NPCs added, probably tied to some sort of time visions or time travel.

Apart from Elisande, there are numerous entries for people like Deathbringer Saurfang, Paletress, Whitemane, the Black Knight, Hex Lord Malacrass, Jedoga Shadowseeker, Lord Victor Nefarius etc.

Other than that, there are also new NPCs seemingly tied to the Arathi Highlands, several Arathor units like Arathor Gryphon Rider, Arathor Siege Tank, etc, the aforementioned Lordaeron Citizens, several Scarlet NPCs, and one entry for Tyrande and Malfurion.
This may tie in to those "Time Rift" NPCs and this quest:

Hm...I don't know that I've ever been to this time, before. I suppose I should explain myself. My name is Delitha, and I'm the last remaining member of the Synchronous Tailors. We make sure the fabric of time stays, well, mended. But I've found a number of new tears cropping up. In fact, I believe that's why I've arrived here in this time. Perhaps you could assist me in tracking them down and repairing them?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.

Last edited by Ujimasa Hojo; 01-30-2019 at 09:24 AM..
Old 01-30-2019, 10:09 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:

yeah we should have gotten grommash instead of Feminism thrall

have him join and have geyarah as a second in command instead of zaela 2.0

A grommash hellscream seeking redemption from his deeds of WoD would be more interesting.

And shut your mouth about outland orcs.

WoWs story is as cancerous as kingdom hearts dialogue

probably worse.

Last edited by Gurzog; 01-30-2019 at 10:13 AM..
Old 01-30-2019, 11:42 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Baine is not omnicient nor plays World of Warcraft.
The forsaken were open about that..

Also undead skeletons are sentient.

And Baine sure was omniscient in knowing Hawthorne felt bad about Taurajo, something he had no way of knowing without playing World of Warcraft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Wait... Rexxar is still a good Horde character?

The guy who once left the Horde because he found it abhorrent and only rejoined it due to Thrall but now follows Sylvanas almost blindly? That same Rexxar?
The same applies to everyone else like Eitrigg. Least he isn't a traitor like baine.

Quote:
Ah, the typical "if you do not agree with interpretation, argument, and passion, you must be working for the other side".
No, its because Baine literally exiled the tauren defending Mulgore from an invading army and gave intel to Theramore allowing them to ambush and kill Horde soldiers.

Only when an Alliance man related to one of his Alliance BFFs does Baine decided Sylvanas has gone too far, not when she blighted tauren, and this leads to Baine killing more Horde soldiers.

Note for all the Horde Baine has killed, he has never ever fought Alliance of his free will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
The Sylvanas raid is gonna need sub-bosses you know.
Great another Horde hero to get character assassinated like Zaela for this shitty rehash of MOP's already shitty story.

Last edited by JorgeAxe; 01-30-2019 at 11:47 AM..
Old 01-30-2019, 12:40 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Strange addition to Battle of Dazar'alor that wasn't present last week that's already causing a bunch of confusion on MMO Champion and WoWhead (though its since been clarified there).

For whatever reason, a scene between Genn and King Rastakhan was added yesterday (probably meant to always be there but bugged), what's interesting is that the dialogue is completely different for Alliance and Horde players.

This is the Alliance version:

Quote:
Genn Greymane: King Rastakhan of Zandalar... On behalf of the Alliance, and in the name of King Anduin Wrynn, I hereby request your surrender.
King Rastakhan: You...an exile without a homeland...you dare invade dese sacred halls and demand dat I turn my kingdom over to you?
King Rastakhan: De Zandalari built an empire dat would endure for over ten-thousand years...while your barbaric ancestors scuffled in de dirt.
King Rastakhan: WE conquered this world. WE brought it glory. You...you are nothing. Merely de latest in a long line of savages seeking to undermine our greatness.
King Rastakhan: No, I will not surrender. Because no matter what happens here today...Zandalar will stand long after your Alliance has crumbled to dust.
King Rastakhan: But if you are so eager to meet Bwonsamdi...den step forward. De Loa of Death awaits!
King Rastakhan: Zandalar forever!
Genn Greymane: So be it. Heroes... you know what must be done.
Rastakhan's speech is the same in the Horde version, but Genn is... different.

Quote:
Genn Greymane: King Rastakhan of Zandalar...I order you to submit! You will bow before your new master, King Anduin Wrynn, and you will deliver your daughter to us as a hostage!

<insert identical Rastakhan speech>

Genn Greymane: So be it. Heroes of the Alliance...strike him down! No mercy for this savage!
The Horde version is told as a flashback by a troll named Otoye who witnessed the battle, opening the Genn/Rastakhan confrontation with his own narration:

Quote:
Otoye: Like hungry predators, de Alliance monsters closed in on their prey.
Otoye: De heartless Alliance stormed de throne room. Our noble king defied them to de very end!
So we now have an unreliable narrator situation. It's an interesting idea for the faction switching nature of the raid, but there doesn't seem to be any similar embellishments about the Horde from the Alliance's version of the final bosses (told in narration by Tandred).
Old 01-30-2019, 12:59 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Also undead skeletons are sentient.
No, normally they are not. A few special cases may be, but as a rule they are not.

Quote:
And Baine sure was omniscient in knowing Hawthorne felt bad about Taurajo, something he had no way of knowing without playing World of Warcraft...
He was in contact and good relations with Anduin and Jaina, thought. So yeah, he had ways of knowing.

Old 01-30-2019, 01:03 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
No, normally they are not. A few special cases may be, but as a rule they are not.
We've seen sentient orc skeletons as part of the forsaken.

Quote:
He was in contact and good relations with Anduin and Jaina, thought. So yeah, he had ways of knowing.
Except that was Hawthorne's personal thoughts, he revealed only to the Alliance player. There was no way Baine could have no known it.

I can't believe you are trying to defend Tides of War and Baine's terrible writing within it.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:07 PM

Elune

Quote:

The fact stands, Baine has little choice than to use subtlety in defying Sylvanas. Mak'gora is out of question, Sylvanas is in too a strong position at the moment and she is not a particularly upstanding lot*, and starting a civil war would actually serve to help the Alliance tremendously, dividing the Horde into two completely, unlike this.

* I sometimes feel that certain people do not understand that warchiefs are not obliged to accept every single Mak'gora challenge, otherwise, Orgrim wouldn't have had to wait for years until Blackhand was in a weak position enough, the Shadow Council in disarray and unable to just brush off Orgrim's accusations.
I appreciate that you are trying to make sense of the story Marth but that is just wrong. Being able to challenge someone at any time is how it works, that is why Garrosh had Mal'korok around him all the time to drop threats that he will challenge anyone who even thinks of possibly challenging Garrosh. You and I both see how this system is wildly inadequate and unstable but that is how it is, a Warchief rules on respect and asskicking.

Plus Baine's good intentioned but poorly thought out plan has pretty much insured a civil war. The other leaders are all heavily soured on Sylvanas, especially after this. Sylvanas for her part is even more on guard after this treachery and the whole suspicious circumstances surrounding Saurfang's escape making a coup d'etat more difficult. What really should have been done is have that coup right after Teldrassil. That is what it means to be watching someone like a hawk for trespasses, you let them know you are watching to make them behave (well ideally you don't, but they pretty much did so) and if they don't you have your plan already in place.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:34 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Except that was Hawthorne's personal thoughts, he revealed only to the Alliance player. There was no way Baine could have no known it.
Now you are just assuming. Who's to say he wasn't put in charge exactly because Jaina knew of his moral integrity? Or that he wasn't informing her of his decisions? Why don't you consider that Hawthorne wouldn't openly state his opinions and try to inspire his officers and soldiers? He was a very respected commander, and those who didn't like him did so because they wouldn't agree with his stances, like that scumbag Ambassador Gaines.

Quote:
We've seen sentient orc skeletons as part of the forsaken.
And what does that skeleton does that shows any sentience? Does it talk? Does it shows any emotions? How are you certain it isn't just an automaton, following commands to the letter?

Old 01-30-2019, 01:43 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Now you are just assuming. Who's to say he wasn't put in charge exactly because Jaina knew of his moral integrity? Or that he wasn't informing her of his decisions? Why don't you consider that Hawthorne wouldn't openly state his opinions and try to inspire his officers and soldiers?
Descriptions like "<Hawthorne wrinkles his brow.>" and the way he words it all but state this isn't info Hawthorne gave to everybody.

Quote:
He was a very respected commander, and those who didn't like him did so because they wouldn't agree with his stances, like that scumbag Ambassador Gaines.
People like Gaines and Twinbraid are more reason why Baine exiling tauren who fought the Alliance military forces in the barrens is outright treason to the tauren tribes.

Even Hawthorne stated himself, driving the Horde from the barrens was one of their goals and he did kill civilians with his incompetent actions.

Quote:
And what does that skeleton does that shows any sentience? Does it talk? Does it shows any emotions? How are you certain it isn't just an automaton, following commands to the letter?
He's mixing beakers by himself, he's clearly no automaton.

Raised skeletons are often sentient, see Mordresh FireEye, an orc shaman forcibly raised into undeath who gives speeches.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:20 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Descriptions like "<Hawthorne wrinkles his brow.>" and the way he words it all but state this isn't info Hawthorne gave to everybody.
You are reading too much into it.

Quote:
People like Gaines and Twinbraid are more reason why Baine exiling tauren who fought the Alliance military forces in the barrens is outright treason to the tauren tribes.
Baine exiled tauren who went overboard into revenge mode, not because they were just defending the barrens.

Quote:
Even Hawthorne stated himself, driving the Horde from the barrens was one of their goals and he did kill civilians with his incompetent actions.
It's a war. He's virtuous because he's trying to contain the damage he causes. Baine is the same. Both of them understand that the war can't last forever and there should have peace one day. They don't want to fuel hatred.

Quote:
He's mixing beakers by himself, he's clearly no automaton.
All he is doing is repeatedly filling beakers from a cauldron and loading them into a crate...

Quote:
Raised skeletons are often sentient, see Mordresh FireEye, an orc shaman forcibly raised into undeath who gives speeches.
And they are mindless undead much more often.

Old 01-30-2019, 03:37 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
You are reading too much into it.
No, you're coming up with excuses for obvious plotholes.

Quote:
Baine exiled tauren who went overboard into revenge mode, not because they were just defending the barrens.
Not this stupid Kodo crap again.

The siege machinery outside the gates of Mulgore is like a spear aimed at our heart. I want you to go to the gates, south of here, and remove those siege vehicles from play.

The Alliance scorches a trail of murder across the Barrens. We must stop them here or there is nothing left for us.

All quest from the people Baine exiled which consisted of grieving widowers, friends of the Neutral druid Naralex, and tauren who supported him in the Shattering.

They only ever fought military targets brazenly attacking tauren civilians and trying to invade Mulgore.

You don't know Tauren lore, so don't try to discuss it to convince Horde players to like this traitor.

Quote:
It's a war. He's virtuous because he's trying to contain the damage he causes. Baine is the same. Both of them understand that the war can't last forever and there should have peace one day. They don't want to fuel hatred.
Hawthorne firebombed the town after making sure it was only civilians in the town.

A quote from one of the civilians Hawthorne killed:

"Alliance - They've surrounded the camp! What are they doing here? Why are they attacking Taurajo? Get the children - run! RUN! "

He made almost zero effort to spare civilians.

Quote:
All he is doing is repeatedly filling beakers from a cauldron and loading them into a crate...
He's specifically making a recipe for the Forsaken. Note mindless skeletons never have names.

Though I don't know why I'm bothering with an Alliance fanatic.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft