Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 03-29-2014, 08:04 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

I would believe that Tauren are doing good so far on the track of sedentary life. Establishing bit more permanant housing instead of tent/nomadic lifestyle, maybe have some stone masonry maybe Pueblo influenced. Make a Tauren tribe dedicated to a more technological advancement for their society. We are all ready seeing their advancement such as the Great Gate of Mulgore and an elevator like system more than three places which means it has the potential to blossom into interesting things in the future.

Although I don't believe this means Tauren have to loose their identity by shifiting and adjusting to a new lifestyle...Atleast I hope it doesn't if Blizzard decides to go down this path with Tauren.

Also I hope Blizzard doesn't throw different Druidic philosophies into the trash because of the Cenarion circle.

Last edited by Melorandor; 03-29-2014 at 08:07 PM..
Old 03-29-2014, 08:05 PM

But I thought Horde players had had enough of evil orcs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
Also I hope Blizzard doesn't throw different Druidic philosophies under the bus because of the Cenarion circle.
How can there be different philosophies when the Cenarion Circle invented druidism and only shared within the last decade? Unless they retcon that too.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:08 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post

How can there be different philosophies when the Cenarion Circle invented druidism and only shared within the last decade? Unless they retcon that too.
From what we seen Tauren and Night Elves and namely Gilneans have different ideals and approaches to their idea of Druidism such as Harvest Witches ect.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:29 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

If iron horde technology is something that came from Bilgewater Technology... Why the fuck can't the Current technically advanced orcs and such build something that is better at murdering than that of the Iron horde? Hell Gnomes even have goblin Iron horde Tech at their supply after the siege... Oh yeah... "comical race"... forgot...
Old 03-29-2014, 08:30 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Who the fuck is talking about evil?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 03-29-2014, 08:30 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
Who would -you- have leave the Forsaken after Sylvanas turns Raid Boss? Kel'thuzad? Teron Gorefiend?
I wouldn't mind introducing a new Forsaken character for this purpose. None of the existing ones seem particularly suitable.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 03-29-2014, 08:47 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
I wouldn't mind introducing a new Forsaken character for this purpose. None of the existing ones seem particularly suitable.
Possible.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-29-2014, 09:14 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
Which is a symptom of a larger problem, namely Sylvanas being pretty much the only major Forsaken there is.

I mean the only other one I can think of Nathanos, and he's pretty much Sylvanas Lite.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:18 PM

Eternal

"Let's make a faction to lower crown authority in the Horde guys"

"What are you even talking about."

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Old 03-29-2014, 09:27 PM

Elune

Honestly, I'd go the other way: The factions are TOO STRONG. In a measly thirty years, the alliance has moved from ballistas to helicarriers. Humans have gone from arrows to munitions factories. Goblin technology moved from "blowing up trees" to "miniature nuclear devices".

I agree with you that innovation should not belong solely to the villains (most of whom I'd also argue have advanced too ridiculously quickly. Especially the twilight's hammer), but I'd rather have baby steps over giant leaps. Have the advancement be "we adapted this new metal for our cannonballs.", not "Our aircraft carrier is now capable of launching ICBMs".

In addition, I'm sick and tired of the factions being so over-important that it's completely reasonable for the fans to essentially argue how they should carve up the world. Whenever any other faction gets any attention, it's a single-purpose offshoot. Give us some non-faction nations that actually matter. The Pandaren are a good start, but make it a global matter. Show us Tol'vir, the tuskarr, the other trade cartels and the ethereals.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:31 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Honestly, I'd go the other way: The factions are TOO STRONG. In a measly thirty years, the alliance has moved from ballistas to helicarriers. Humans have gone from arrows to munitions factories. Goblin technology moved from "blowing up trees" to "miniature nuclear devices".

I agree with you that innovation should not belong solely to the villains (most of whom I'd also argue have advanced too ridiculously quickly. Especially the twilight's hammer), but I'd rather have baby steps over giant leaps. Have the advancement be "we adapted this new metal for our cannonballs.", not "Our aircraft carrier is now capable of launching ICBMs".

In addition, I'm sick and tired of the factions being so over-important that it's completely reasonable for the fans to essentially argue how they should carve up the world. Whenever any other faction gets any attention, it's a single-purpose offshoot. Give us some non-faction nations that actually matter. The Pandaren are a good start, but make it a global matter. Show us Tol'vir, the tuskarr, the other trade cartels and the ethereals.
Which is why

1. The rest of the world should grow with us

2. We also deal with other worlds and places.

3. COLONIALISM!

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-29-2014, 09:35 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Which is why

3. COLONIALISM!
If Blizzard adds more onto Alternate Draenor timeline then...

Scramble for Draenor?
Old 03-29-2014, 09:43 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
If Blizzard adds more onto Alternate Draenor timeline then...

Scramble for Draenor?
I dunno, I really hate alt timeline bullshit.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-29-2014, 09:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
I dunno, I really hate alt timeline bullshit.
There isn't really a lot of unexplored land in Azeroth to colonize though. I mean if a place doesn't have people living there already it's usually because it's not worth it to live there (like Silithus).

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Which is why

I'm gonna be abrasive and say: We should regress to the rest of the world. I'm honestly not enjoying the completely over the top industrialization of everything. I liked my medieval fantasy with a few steampunk outliers. The technology has left the setting so far behind that it honestly saddens me a little to have skipped so much. We are now plowing through armies with tanks equipped with machine guns, while annihilating settlement with a single explosion. I've got nothing against technology in my fantasy, but I utterly hate how everything's become all about "how overpowered can we make this?". The goblins have missile silos and nuclear weaponry, for crying out loud.

Quote:
Could you draw me national borders for any faction that's not the horde, the alliance or an offshoot of groups from either? We used to have the five cartels, the dark irons, the amani, the various jungle troll tribes, the centaur, the quilboar, the drakkari, etc. There was more to the world than just red and blue (though we have panda now, which is at least something, I guess. On the other hand, we've already recruited the refugees from the lands of the white tiger, so I'm not holding my breath for them to remain an actual power). But no, everything revolves around the orcs and humies now, while the other races serve as little more than fodder and comedy vendors.
If the centaur try to build a navy, is there any chance we won't burn it to the ground within two years? If the gronn establish a palace, is there any chance we won't bathe it in their blood? No, that's just not the kind of world it is anymore. The power gap between the factions and the lesser ones has become so humongous that the fact that so many still exist is solely by the grace of quests. In a world of airships, how do the quilboar still control the razorfen? In a world of machine guns, how do the satyr still have known holds? Because they need to be around for us to kill.

Quote:
3. COLONIALISM!
Where? Seriously, we've been everywhere, raided everything and established bases already.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:01 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
I'm gonna be abrasive and say: We should regress to the rest of the world. I'm honestly not enjoying the completely over the top industrialization of everything. I liked my medieval fantasy with a few steampunk outliers. The technology has left the setting so far behind that it honestly saddens me a little to have skipped so much. We are now plowing through armies with tanks equipped with machine guns, while annihilating settlement with a single explosion. I've got nothing against technology in my fantasy, but I utterly hate how everything's become all about "how overpowered can we make this?". The goblins have missile silos and nuclear weaponry, for crying out loud.

Could you draw me national borders for any faction that's not the horde, the alliance or an offshoot of groups from either? We used to have the five cartels, the dark irons, the amani, the various jungle troll tribes, the centaur, the quilboar, the drakkari, etc. There was more to the world than just red and blue (though we have panda now, which is at least something, I guess. On the other hand, we've already recruited the refugees from the lands of the white tiger, so I'm not holding my breath for them to remain an actual power). But no, everything revolves around the orcs and humies now, while the other races serve as little more than fodder and comedy vendors.
If the centaur try to build a navy, is there any chance we won't burn it to the ground within two years? If the gronn establish a palace, is there any chance we won't bathe it in their blood? No, that's just not the kind of world it is anymore. The power gap between the factions and the lesser ones has become so humongous that the fact that so many still exist is solely by the grace of quests. In a world of airships, how do the quilboar still control the razorfen? In a world of machine guns, how do the satyr still have known holds? Because they need to be around for us to kill.

Where? Seriously, we've been everywhere, raided everything and established bases already.
1. Well tough shit I enjoy my WW2 era tech. (Though I'll agree with the missle silo's)

2. Which is why they should buff up through unity and such. Though honestly I wouldn't mind a Red/Blue Azeroth and a larger focus on other worlds fighting the legion or void and other junk.

3. Islands. Conceivably never discovered before because they're on the side of the world opposite the maelstrom.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-29-2014, 10:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
1. Well tough shit I enjoy my WW2 era tech. (Though I'll agree with the missle silo's)
WW2? We've passed that long ago. We've been using vietnam-era weaponry since Cata.

Seriously though, I know it's a completely unreasonable argument, but I just utterly loathe the technological development. I feel it's come at the cost of setting tone, immersion and believability. I would dance in joy if one day, without explanation, every piece of tech introduced after warcraft III just went *boom*, and humans would start rolling out the ballistas again. I know many would hate it, but I've just not been enjoying the complete and utter supremacy our guys should now have.

Quote:
2. Which is why they should buff up through unity and such. Though honestly I wouldn't mind a Red/Blue Azeroth and a larger focus on other worlds fighting the legion or void and other junk.
I'll be honest, a red/blue azeroth might just be enough to get me to quit the setting entirely. This was a world of mysticism, wonder and adventure. And all that has slowly been neutered and turned into small edible bits for the blanderized factions.
You know what term I could use to describe warcraft III Lordaeron? Savage. We joke about the word now, but remember when even the heart of civilized lands was filled with wild tribes of gnolls, bandits, mages, rock golems, etc? When hydras lurked on the echo isles, random highborne tombs dottered the barrens and mighty thunder phoenixes roamed the crags of Durotar? That's what I fell in love with. But now the writing has become more concerned about how to make the important factions as overpowered as possible, leaving little room for that stuff.
I don't want to conquer entire planets in the name of the light. I want to travel into an abandoned highborne ruin, fight a weird unexplained ice phoenix, and retrieve a mystical gemstone, which will help protect a single unimportant village from centaur raiders. My desire with WoW has always been to be part of the world of the warcraft games I saw. Powergaming the entire universe? It's just not for me.

Quote:
3. Islands. Conceivably never discovered before because they're on the side of the world opposite the maelstrom.
*cough*singlecontinentwithwellascenter*cough*

Well, that was my tired rant.

Last edited by ijffdrie; 03-29-2014 at 10:28 PM..
Old 03-29-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Who the fuck is talking about evil?
Vexander mentioned recruiting Gorefiend as a member of the Forsaken. Gorefiend is an orc wearing a human skin.

Alt Draenor is not a thing to be considered long term. Real Draenor is though. The planet needs to be restored and shamefully the Horde has no interest in doing so, while the Night Elves and Draenei actually do.

I figure it's one good world tree away from stitching the place back together. All we need are a couple vials of eternity.

Last edited by Westlee; 03-29-2014 at 10:38 PM..
Old 03-29-2014, 10:37 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
WW2? We've passed that long ago. We've been using vietnam-era weaponry since Cata.

Seriously though, I know it's a completely unreasonable argument, but I just utterly loathe the technological development. I feel it's come at the cost of setting tone, immersion and believability. I would dance in joy if one day, without explanation, every piece of tech introduced after warcraft III just went *boom*, and humans would start rolling out the ballistas again. I know many would hate it, but I've just not been enjoying the complete and utter supremacy our guys should now have.

I'll be honest, a red/blue azeroth might just be enough to get me to quit the setting entirely. This was a world of mysticism, wonder and adventure. And all that has slowly been neutered and turned into small edible bits for the blanderized factions.
You know what term I could use to describe warcraft III Lordaeron? Savage. We joke about the word now, but remember when even the heart of civilized lands was filled with wild tribes of gnolls, bandits, mages, rock golems, etc? When hydras lurked on the echo isles, random highborne tombs dottered the barrens and mighty thunder phoenixes roamed the crags of Durotar? That's what I fell in love with. But now the writing has become more concerned about how to make the important factions as overpowered as possible, leaving little room for that stuff.
I don't want to conquer entire planets in the name of the light. I want to travel into an abandoned highborne ruin, fight a weird unexplained ice phoenix, and retrieve a mystical gemstone, which will help protect a single unimportant village from centaur raiders. My desire with WoW has always been to be part of the world of the warcraft games I saw. Powergaming the entire universe? It's just not for me.

*cough*singlecontinentwithwellascenter*cough*

Well, that was my tired rant.
1. I don't think the tech's hurt the setting, I think how the tech has been handled has hurt the setting.

2. I sympathize, that's part of what I want to, but there's not really a good way to make that happen on azeroth anymore.

3. When the Titan's made the place sure, that was millenia ago though, who's to say continents or island chains haven't been raised elsewhere since then, or at the very least, since the well exploded.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-29-2014, 10:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Which is a symptom of a larger problem, namely Sylvanas being pretty much the only major Forsaken there is.

I mean the only other one I can think of Nathanos, and he's pretty much Sylvanas Lite.
You aren't going to find one who isn't Sylvanas Lite because being a huge prick is part of being undead.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:45 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
You aren't going to find one who isn't Sylvanas Lite because being a huge prick is part of being undead.
Are you even fucking capable of saying something constructive or do you just feel the need to pop in and vomit steaming piles of shit for no reason?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-29-2014, 10:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Are you even fucking capable of saying something constructive or do you just feel the need to pop in and vomit steaming piles of shit for no reason?
Oh sorry did I offend you by dropping a giant pile of lore on your musings, princess?
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:52 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Oh sorry did I offend you by dropping a giant pile of lore on your musings, princess?
Dude, you're an ass.

You don't 'enlighten' people or educate or contribute anything meaningful to discussion.

You have made the same damn posts for several YEARS now.

No one GIVES A SHIT anymore. WE GET IT THE FORSAKEN ARE EVIL.

SHUT UP.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-29-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Dude, you're an ass.

You don't 'enlighten' people or educate or contribute anything meaningful to discussion.

You have made the same damn posts for several YEARS now.

No one GIVES A SHIT anymore. WE GET IT THE FORSAKEN ARE EVIL.

SHUT UP.
So you agree with him?
Old 03-29-2014, 10:57 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
So you agree with him?
If people are too stupid to see that the Forsaken's unilateral 'evilness' is a product of the same bad writing that affects literally every other race and faction in the game then I don't know what to say.

My Worldbuilding:

Tags
bad thread, critical thinking, faction bias, mop sucks, passive aggressive tags