Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 07-22-2017, 05:12 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Default Help me find something

I just remembered, vaguely, a story of sorts. But I can't for the love of good find it again. Details:

* The setting was a deadly desert. People lived in some high rocks, which had elevators to get from the ground to above.
* The protagonist traveled with a mailman (or two), who rode what I'm pretty sure was a giant turtle. He went from town to town with the turtle, who wasn't affected by the deadly desert. A love/family letter was involved on some town, and I think there was an important package, too. The protagonist might have been interested on one of the letters carried by the mailman, but he wouldn't let him have it until they arrived to the destination.
* The turtle had a building of sorts on top of it, with a huge mail-classification machine inside. The cabin with the reins was in the head, and there was a rope bridge between the main structure and the cabin. There was a lever on the cabin.
* I think the turtle might get hurt or ill at a point during the journey, leaving the characters stranded. I also think there were other means of transport, like flying boats (normal boats, that floated in the air).

I don't remember if this was a book, a comic, or a game. It's just some weird memory, and I can't find anything with the information above. It could be a super obscure book no one has ever heard about, or maybe some widely know story I'm just failing to remember.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 07-23-2017, 10:05 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Doesn't sound familiar, and unfortunately googling "fantasy novel series giant turtle" only brings up Discworld, which I'm pretty sure is wrong.

Tags
ask sol