Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-21-2013, 01:08 PM

Eternal

Default Scaling content bug?

Here's a weird thing:

Is it a bug with Challenge modes iLvl scaling affecting other 5-man queues? Or is it something else?

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:59 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
Here's a weird thing:

Is it a bug with Challenge modes iLvl scaling affecting other 5-man queues? Or is it something else?
This seems a lot like the "big unnanounced feature for 5.4" Ghostcrawler mentioned that got cut.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:04 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
This seems a lot like the "big unnanounced feature for 5.4" Ghostcrawler mentioned that got cut.
DId he specify that there was a feature that got cut? My understanding was that he initially talked about one big feature, then said "guys, there are a lot of great features in 5.4, there isn't one that's more important than all the others."

However, this does mesh better with Chilton's early allusions to the Unannounced Feature being something that used older content.

I'll look for the quote.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:07 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
DId he specify that there was a feature that got cut? My understanding was that he initially talked about one big feature, then said "guys, there are a lot of great features in 5.4, there isn't one that's more important than all the others."

However, this does mesh better with Chilton's early allusions to the Unannounced Feature being something that used older content.

I'll look for the quote.
I think Lev said once that the feature got cut, and that's why he started saying "guys, there are a lot of great features in 5.4, there isn't one that's more important than all the others".
Old 10-21-2013, 02:08 PM

Elune

Huh. Weird.

Personally I don't like level scaling. Running in and killing things to get what you want quickly is much better. I don't want to have to form a raid if I want something from Molten Core for transmog.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:14 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Huh. Weird.

Personally I don't like level scaling. Running in and killing things to get what you want quickly is much better. I don't want to have to form a raid if I want something from Molten Core for transmog.
Right, but what about scaling as an OPTION? Run into MC and pull the whole thing yourself is cool, but if you're a max-level character and some low-level guildies want a tank to take them through old content without just steamrolling it, you could do that.

Especially if they figure out a way to incentivize doing classic content while scaled.

This is also corroborated by the dynamic enchant scaling that was in 5.4. That seemed like an odd time to introduce that feature, but if it was a complete piece of code that could be implemented when the rest of the scaling design was held back, it makes more sense.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:20 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Right, but what about scaling as an OPTION? Run into MC and pull the whole thing yourself is cool, but if you're a max-level character and some low-level guildies want a tank to take them through old content without just steamrolling it, you could do that.

Especially if they figure out a way to incentivize doing classic content while scaled.

This is also corroborated by the dynamic enchant scaling that was in 5.4. That seemed like an odd time to introduce that feature, but if it was a complete piece of code that could be implemented when the rest of the scaling design was held back, it makes more sense.
Or why the went and finally made dungeon journal entries for all the BC and Wrath five mans.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:31 PM

Elune

Ive wanted dungeons and zones scaling for a while. This pleases me.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:36 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

ilvl scaling trinkets probably gonna suck there (cleave trinket and multistrike from Siege etc)
Old 10-21-2013, 02:58 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhinyAlly View Post
Ive wanted dungeons and zones scaling for a while. This pleases me.
This is dungeon scaling, not zone scaling.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:05 PM

Elune

Quote:
This is dungeon scaling, not zone scaling.
I know but it's still half of what I want.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:09 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I know but it's still half of what I want.
I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. Don't need you to go off the handle, whining if/when the feature goes live that Ghostcrawler promised you a zone-scaling unicorn that's also a toy bag and reforge NPC.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:22 PM

Elune

Quote:
I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. Don't need you to go off the handle, whining if/when the feature goes live that Ghostcrawler promised you a zone-scaling unicorn that's also a toy bag and reforge NPC.
Why would I do that?
Old 10-21-2013, 03:35 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Why would I do that?
Why indeed.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:26 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Yea the journals were all done in 5.4 since the big feature was a instance scaling mechanic. It's probably in 5.5 or pushed to 6.0.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:29 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Yea the journals were all done in 5.4 since the big feature was a instance scaling mechanic. It's probably in 5.5 or pushed to 6.0.
I hope its optional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:10 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
I hope its optional.
They've said in the past, very recently, (mostly in relation to the item squish) that they don't want to prevent players from going back and soloing old content. So it would be contradictory for them to say that and then implement a system that makes soloing impossible.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:33 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
I hope its optional.
It probably would be. But they'd probably make the rewards better from the scaled content or entirely new rewards.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:18 PM

Elune

If it's optional, that's totally fine. I can ignore it and people who want scaling are happy.

I just don't want to be forced to scale like in GW2.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:48 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

could probably use the other skins for the Cmode gear... I am really looking forwards to 5.5. will most likely help me get an alliance past 40.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:39 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
could probably use the other skins for the Cmode gear... I am really looking forwards to 5.5. will most likely help me get an alliance past 40.
... why 5.5? There's no indication that this was pushed back a patch instead of just being held for the expansion...

Though it would make a great feature to keep interest for players while the next expansion is still baking.

Tags
gameplay