Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 07-21-2015, 07:33 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Default Blood and Loyalty. (My first FanFic.)

I've been writing a Fanfic.

Quote:
The musty, damp air inside of the Violate Hold cell had long ceased to irritate her, but it unfortunately did nothing to alleviate or distract her from the burning rage she felt. Valeera Sanguinar couldn't help but think about how everything had gone wrong...

Weeks before the Cataclysm, after her duel against Cho'gall, and the New Council of Tirisfal's battle against the Twilight's Hammer, she had consumed far too much Arcane energy, leading to another bout of painful withdrawal. Although Varian had asked her to be his adviser, the pain was so overwhelming that she had decided to sneak out of Stormwind and head to a more "energetic" environment. She had come to Dalaran to escape her withdrawal pangs, but, while it certainly helped in that area, she would have preferred them to what came next.

She had been in Dalaran for over a year, slowly learning to cope with her magical addiction due to the ambient and powerful magic of the city. Then, horrific news reached her about Garrosh's attack on Theramore Isle, and the despicable way he had slaughtered the Alliance forces there, after pointlessly throwing away the lives of his own soldiers, her people included, just to bait as many senior Alliance soldiers to Theramore as possible. Her old friend, Jaina Proudmoore, had fortunately survived the Mana Bomb. After Jaina became leader of the Kirin Tor, Valeera was quick to go to her friend, in order to give her emotional comfort, to show her that she still had many friends in the world, and was by no means alone. Valeera had asked Jaina to keep her stay in Dalaran a secret, as she didn't want Varian, Broll, and Anduin to think her weak and irresponsible. After all, how dependable would they think her to be, otherwise?

That, as it turned out, had been a mistake.

A week before she was about to leave for Stormwind, much like her escaping from an Orcish jail being foiled before she could attempt escape by Rehgar Earthfury buying her as a gladiator, had been interrupted by a situation. That situation, of course, being the purge of Dalaran by Jaina and the Silver Covenant. Valeera, being herself, had immediately jumped to the defense of her fellow Blood Elves. She started attacking the Silver Covenant and Stormwind soldiers, injuring or crippling some, but killing more of them then she simply injured. She had been holding off several guards, protecting a few sin'dorei civilians from the thugs, when Jaina Proudmoore herself walked up to her. In a moment of naivete, she lowered her weapons and her guard, and tried to talk to Jaina. "What your men are doing here is wrong! You couldn't have ordered this! The Jaina I know would never jump to such blind hatred and violence, like Garrosh!", Valeera had pleaded, while tears streamed down her face. Instead of responding, Jaina teleported in front of Valeera and slammed the butt of her staff into the young elf's stomach, above her bellybutton, knocking the wind out of her. Dropping her daggers, she fell to her knees in defeat, unable to concentrate from being so winded.

"How dare you compare me to Hellscream, you ungrateful little street urchin!", Jaina spat, the look of unfathomable rage on her face turned Valeera's blood to ice. "I should have known you were no friend to the Alliance! You were probably only pretending to be Varian's friend, seducing him so you could murder him and Anduin in their sleep! Well, you're never getting close to them ever again! You are going to rot in a cell, along with the rest of your treasonous kind, Sanguinar!"

After her tirade, before Valeera could make any attempt at a protest, she was teleported to her cell in the Violet Hold, where she had been for the last year. It was one of the deeper cells, nearest to the sewers. Outside of the bland food and boredom, all she could think about was the profound feeling of betrayal she felt. Her "friend" had thrown her away. She was not going to spend her life in a jail cell, that's for certain. Over all the conjured crusty hunks of bread and paper cups of water, she had come up with an escape plan. She may have been weaponless, but she still knew how to fight and deceive.

She had tried direct fighting, which, while she could get an early few hits in, the guards magic and weapons prevented her from getting too close or inflicting any real damage, enough to distract her enemy long enough to get the magical orb "key" to the barrier of her cell, and run. She also knew that they weren't stupid enough to fall for the old "I'm deathly ill!" routine. What she was going to do now, was a simple last resort. The Kirin Tor always sent in one guard to feed the prisoners. The guards came in shifts, one to each block, and her plan required a certain guard. And that guard, had just entered her cluster of cells in the prison, to begin feeding each prisoner, one cell at a time. She had been put in this cell alone for a reason: she was dangerous.

All other prisoners on her block were also being held individually, so as to make sure they didn't gang up on the battle-mage and free themselves during feeding time. Normally, weaker and less dangerous prisoners were held in groups, as they posed little-to-no threat to a battle-trained wizard. Thankfully, this particular guard, was a bit... distracted, whenever he had to feed Valeera. His eyes lingered on her, before and after feeding her, she had noticed a few months ago. He had an attraction to her. She had waited so long, only because she had to time what days in the month his shift in her cell-block occurred. He appeared two weeks apart, and always on a Thursday in the evening.

It was about time for her cell barrier to be lowered for a few seconds for him to slip some conjured food and water into her cell. As soon as the barrier lowered, her acting began. The guard, himself, was a portly man, with a slightly unkempt, brown beard speckled with grey. He was balding, and not too tall, either. However, despite this, he was also physically strong, as she could tell by how lightly and easily he carried his heavy robes, mail armor, dagger, and staff.

"I'm cold." She said, in a slightly bored voice, hoping it stalled him.

"So? You got clothes, treasonous elven cur. More than you deserve." He stated flatly. "What, the cold cell not to your liking, elf? Sorry we don't have magical climate control in here, lacking resources and all. And prisoners don't get blankets, too cost intensive for the likes of you lot." He mockingly barked.

"That... isn't what I had in mind..." Valeera said, trying her best to sound sultry, while staring him in the eyes, with a slight smirk on her lips. He looked her up and down, standing at the back of her cell. "What a sleaze! No way he won't get the 'hint'!", Valeera thought, disgusted.

"Is that so?" the bearded man said, sounding intrigued.

"This is it!", she thought excitedly.

However, what happened next completely screwed up her plan. Rather than getting close enough and dropping his guard, which would have allowed her to toss some dirt in his eyes or knee him in his "vitals", he instead lunged forward and grabbed the young Blood Elf by the throat with his right hand and pinned her against the back wall of her cell.

"What? Did you honestly think I would fall for such a childish attempt at deception?" he yelled, some of his saliva flecking her right cheek. "Oh, I was attracted to you, little elf. Just not in the way you think! My brother was killed by you a little over a year ago, when you fought back against our purge. There hasn't been a day where I have looked at you, that I haven't thought of doing to you what you did to him. Drawing a blade across your neck. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to avenge him!", the Human said, almost gleeful.

Valeera's thoughts were racing, she had badly miscalculated. She watched his hand go to his belt and pull an arcane-enchanted dagger out. Thankfully, she noticed something: he was clumsy and slow, probably not accustomed to using a physical weapon, or at least a dagger. He raised the dagger above her head, which was his first mistake: always put the blade to an enemy's neck immediately, rather than raising it up all threateningly.

It was all the time she needed. Thanks to his "showmanship", she flung her right arm up, the dagger embedding itself into her slender upper arm, instead of her neck. Pain shot through her arm like a bolt of lightening. Thankfully, physical contact was all she needed. She drained all of the arcane energy from the dagger, which would give her a temporary physical boost and dull the pain from the wound. Caught off-guard, he was slow at pulling the dagger from her arm, which allowed her to retaliate, by using her left hand, she wrapped her fingers around the little finger of his right hand, and pulled down, away from the rest of hand. Hard.

The next sounds heard were the sickening noise of the bones in his knuckle breaking and his tendons tearing, followed not a second later by him letting out a loud, whimpering howl of pain. He immediately released her throat, and the dagger, and staggered back in agony. She deftly caught the dagger with her left hand, brandishing it before her.

"You little... elven... wench!", intense hatred and shock mingled with the pain from his broken digit. "I'll cook you alive!" He flung up his left arm to cast a spell. However, he then seemed surprised, as no fire was conjured from his palm. "What...? What did you do?!" he shrieked at her, angry and perplexed, with a good amount of worry in his voice.

"While you had your hand around my throat, giving me your little revenge speech, I drained a large chunk of your magic!" , Valeera said, just a little smugly.

She immediately took advantage of this moment to rush him, but, at the last second, decided to show some mercy to him. She already had enough blood on her hands in Dalaran. She jumped to his left, spun around, and slashed the tendon of his left leg. He toppled over, letting out another yell of pain. She took this moment to grab the spherical key dangling from his belt on the left side. She had watched previous guards use it, and knew that the word to open and close the cells was in Common.

She'd heard the password for this month, clearly enough yesterday: "The Violet Eye watches over the worthy, and through the unworthy!", the young sin'dorei shouted, causing the barrier to reactivate and seal the wounded guard inside, after which she smashed the orb on the ground.

She didn't have long before his pain would dull enough for him to signal a warning to the rest of the prison. She looked around, and quickly spotted what she had been searching for: a sewer grate, out of sight of her cell. She dug the dagger, which thankfully appeared to be made of mithril rather than steel, into the side of the grate and used it as a lever to lift it, grunting lightly at the physical exertion and light throbbing from her right arm. The hole was only about a yard across or so, but she slipped in easily enough, and made sure to close the grate quickly after. With any luck, none of the other prisoners would rat her out before she made her escape.

She made a light splash as her body made contact with the small, light river beneath her. While submerged, she took that moment to look around, and saw through the debris (and, to her retching disgust, bodily waste), and saw a tunnel big enough to swim through. She raised her head out of the water, in order to take a quick breath of air before making the plunge. The swim was quick enough, and in less then a minute, came out the other end of the tunnel as quickly and as quietly as she was able, surfaced and took a deep breath. She looked up, and heard the sound of yelling and frenzied boots above her, not far off but still audible. Valeera dived again and found another waterway, quickly swimming into it. She noticed, however, that this tunnel had a strong current, which she honestly hoped didn't mean what she thought it meant.

She was vomited out of the pipe, into a larger body of water, instead of a waterfall. However, she wasn't alone: in this body of water was a large, and hungry, Crocolisk. It immediately swam for her, and she had to use all of her strength to avoid being caught in it's maw. She pulled the dagger from her belt, and as soon as the Crocolisk charged her again, she ducked underneath the creature and stabbed upward and pulled back, using all of her strength to eviscerate the beast. It didn't work. It's hide was too thick and the water hampered her speed. It did manage to wound the croc, and that was all she needed. She immediately swam to the surface, and took a deep gasp of air. Glancing down, she saw that the croc had swam away, likely looking for a meal that didn't bite back. This gave her time to listen to her surroundings. She was outside of the main Violet Hold complex, in the artificial lake outside.

"This isn't good.", Valeera thought, worried. "I'm completely exposed here!" Thankfully, it was late at night, rather than in the middle of the day. This made it simple to climb out, nice and quietly. Her prison rags were filthy, bloody, and sopping wet. Her bare legs, feet, arms, and hair were covered in much of the same, and she smelled just as bad as she looked. She needed to find her personal effects and get the hell out of here, fast. Certainly, they had to have a magical safe for prisoners belongings somewhere, she couldn't leave without her father's last gift to her: a Sanguinar family heirloom ring that she had always kept on her person, that had been stripped off of her shortly after her imprisonment, along with her mother's necklace, her pair of Orcish daggers, and her red leotard.

She looked up at the Violet Hold, across the bridge over the small artificial lake outside. She didn't see any other doors, or extra buildings, even though there were a group of lit windows on the sides of the Hold's only entrance...

Then she heard them: a pair of guards on the other half of the bridge, whispering animatedly. She quickly hid behind some boxes on the small, decorative stone dock across from the Hold. Now she was out of sight, thankfully, but close enough that her sensitive elven ears could hear their words.

"You hear what happened to Melgrant?", the first said, a tinge of excitement evident in his voice.

"Yeah. Poor sod. A broken and dislocated finger and a slashed tendon in the left leg. Ported him to the medic's center myself. From his account, the violent elf attacked after she pretended to be bleeding or something. He entered her cell, and bent down to help her, and she immediately broke his finger, grabbed the dagger at his belt, and sliced his hamstring in two in a matter of seconds." , the second guard said, knowingly. Valeera rolled her eyes about the psycho guard claiming to be the victim.

"Typical. Can't trust Horde scum. Backstabbing and treacherous to the last, they are.", the first guard said, with a slight sigh afterward. "I have to go to the prisoner armory vault real quick, they have some quality, non-conjured food in there. Even some wine. Want me to get you a pint?" Valeera almost gasped, "No way, my luck can't be that good..." she thought, cynically.

"Sure. Nothing's going on out here. Need something to help alleviate this dull evening, outside of berserk prisoners, of course.", the second remarked dryly.

She watched from behind the crate she was hiding behind, as the first guard started to walk off. Towards the Violet Hold. Exactly the place she had spent the last half an hour trying to get away from. She almost let out a loud, overly dramatic and frustrated scream and sigh. She quickly bit her bottom lip to stifle it, while continuing to watch the guard. He stopped in from of the main entrance, and, to Valeera's surprise, turned right. He walked, steadily, towards the small tower to the right of the main entrance, stopped in front of the blank wall at its base, and walked straight through it.

"Well, at least it isn't locked..." Valeera thought. "Now, what to do about his friend...?" She quickly found a possible solution by reading what was written on the side of the crate: heavy. Very, very quietly, she slipped the blade of the mithril dagger under the lid, and pried it open, ever so slightly. She quickly looked inside while maintaining her cover, and it had some small stones and bricks and some tile stones.

"Well, I hope this works..." , she thought, hefting two rocks into her hands. She aimed for the wall of the tunnel leading to Runeweaver Square, and threw. The rock struck the wall hard, and made a loud clatter.

"The hell was that?", the man said, running off to check the noise. As he ran by, she expertly hurled the other rock into the back of his head, knocking him out. After placing his unconscious body near her former hiding place, she sprinted as fast, and silently, as she was able, the only sound being her wet soles colliding with the pavement. She ran right through the wall, and right into the first guard, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:11 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Gold You little... elven... wench!

(Coming back to this shortly - just giving this a quick bump before I can write something more constructive)
Old 07-21-2015, 07:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
(Coming back to this shortly - just giving this a quick bump before I can write something more constructive)
Take your time, not even half done.

Quote:
Before the guard could pull anything, Valeera immediately siphoned all of his mana, and whipped her stolen knife to his throat. She glared at him, putting her right index finger to her lips, in a wordless threat to remain silent. The guard nodded slowly, and easily complied. Reaching down, she patted her free hand around his belt, feeling for his weapon. After finding it, she snatched it and proceeded to hold it to his stomach, and proceeded to grit her teeth and get close enough to gently whisper to him.

"Turn around, and, quietly, take me to the prisoner's property storage vault. Now.", the young sin'dorei hissed through her clenched teeth. "Don't alert the other guards, especially not Sinclari, and I won't be forced impale your throat with one of these!", Valeera bluffed, confidently.

He took her down a small, lonely hallway, ending in a small vault door, with glowing runes around it. "Open it.", the elf whispered, menacingly.

"W-what's your n-name?", the guard asked, nervously.

"Why?", the elf inquired.

"B-because, the vault is m-m-magic. Without giving the name of the prisoner who's articles are to be r-removed, it will just be empty.", the nervous warden explained.

"Oh! I get it!", Valeera whispered, not exactly sure why she didn't see it coming. "I thought the vault looked rather... petite, for a prison as large as the Violet Hold. Okay, my name is Valeera Sanguinar."

"Valeera Sanguinar.", the helpless guard said. The vault door unlocked and opened instantly, revealing Valeera's weapons, her scarlet leather clothes and armor, a small bag of coin, and her two family keepsakes in another small bag next to the money.

"Thanks!", the elvish thief expressed, honestly. However, before she started to put on her clothes (and knock out the guard to prevent him from "peeking"), she had one more question. "What are these?", Valeera asked, pointing to the left wall beside her, with pairs of manacles connected by long chains and glowing with small arcane runes, hanging on hooks.

"T-those? Those are only for transport of criminal magi to or from the Hold, as they need to be brought in or out physically, as it is too risky to do so by magic. They're only u-used outside of the Violet Hold, as the prison already prevents teleportation spells from being cast on the wearer or by themselves."

"Sooo, anyone who wears a pair of these, is immune to any kind of teleport?", the young elf queried, a sly grin on her face.

"Yes.", the human stated, flatly.

"Thanks for the tip!", she expressed, beaming.

She immediately thumped him on the head, hard enough to keep him dazed for about a minute. She quickly took off the filthy, grey prisoner rags she had been wearing, and donned her crimson leotard. She wrapped the leather straps she used for leggings around her legs in a very sloppy and rushed fashion, leaving her heels and toes still exposed, for time constraints. She quickly shoved her feet into her blood red boots, and followed with her cowl. Following with her pair of flashy, spiny, scarlet ailettes. She shoved her coin purse and the other small red bag, containing her two keepsakes, down the front of her chest armor, as that was a far more convenient (if somewhat uncomfortable) way to make sure she didn't lose them while running. Quickly grabbing a pair of arcane manacles, she snapped one (rather light) manacle about her right wrist, wrapped the chain in single layers until tight around her forearm, and slapping the second manacle on just below her elbow. It looked rather like a metal vambrace, and was kind of cool looking, but she had the vague suspicion it would come in handy, if only to prevent easy recapture. Finally, she slipped her red gloves on and picked up her daggers.

It was finally time to leave.

Quote:
Quote:
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.

Last edited by Ganishka; 07-21-2015 at 09:07 PM..
Old 07-21-2015, 08:55 PM

Eternal

Seal of approval.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:49 PM

Elune

Got another page done.

Quote:
Valeera hustled out of the vault, and immediately spotted a problem: the guard she had concussed with a rock had already woken up and left, likely through teleportation. "Anar'endal dracon!", was uttered under her breath, as well as several other swears in Thalassian. Caution be damned. She would just have to think on her feet.

"Okay, Valeera. You can do this. Just run for Krasus' Landing, it's only a block down the road from exiting the Violet Hold's premises.", whispering aloud to herself as she sprinted across the bridge and through the small tunnel leading to Runeweaver Square. She knew that they were certainly alerted to her being in the city, they would most likely try to cut her off by teleporting either directly behind her or right in front of her.

Good thing she knew this, as it happened only seconds later: three Dalaran guards and two battle-mages appeared about four yards in front of the tunnel, with that common humming, bell-like sound of the arcane. Instinctively, she threw her right elbow out and rammed it into the stomach of nearest guard, as hard as her small and fast form would allow. He fell over, coughing and gasping for air, and the action surprised the other two guards enough that she was able to easily grab both of their heads with her claw-fingered gloves and crash them into one another, creating an audible crack and sending small specks of blood flying. They both collapsed, in a delusional heap of pain, on top of the first guard, pinning him under their dead weight.

The two battle-mages would be tougher, as they were specially trained to fight in melee and at range. They had to forego using powerful attack spells, however, as their unconscious comrades were right behind Valeera, and the small space of the tunnel prevented them from being able to freely aim without high risk of hitting them. Rather then casting they pulled out their staves in one hand, and their swords in the off-hand, and Valeera pulled out her large Fel-green-colored daggers in response. The one on the left charged her first, while the second one followed only a few seconds after. The first tried slashing across her abdomen with his blade, which she parried, and swung down with his staff, which she countered by running her dagger through the shaft of the wooden weapon, causing it to break in half. His partner had obviously prepared for this, as he swung his staff at her undefended ankles, causing the elven girl to fall on her face, leaving her left cheek and chin throbbing. This had the unintended consequence of Valeera being able to immediately puncture both of the sorcerers through one of their feet.

The battle-mages both screamed in pain and hurled several disparaging terms for her race and gender at her. She then stabbed her daggers through both of their remaining feet, and caused them both to collapse and curl up into fetal positions, chocking and whimpering sobs and slurs.

Valeera quickly jumped up, and began to run, when she felt her hair get pulled back by a strong arm. The guard she thought she had knocked out by elbowing him, had crawled out from under his comatose comrades, stood up, had grabbed a handful of her long golden locks, and used his other hand to force her left arm behind her back in an armlock. He pinned her against the wall in front of her, helpless, as she was unable to reach him with her other arm from her position.

"You are going back the that cell, wretch. Hopefully for the rest of your life." , the human spat into her ear. In Valeera's mind, she irrationally imagined aging from her current age of twenty-two, to almost three thousand years old, as the centuries and millennia passed by, she sat in a cell, unmourned and never seeing the sun or tasting fresh cherries, or... seeing her friends... ever again. This last thought caused hot tears to begin spilling down her cheeks, and her face to contort into a visage of primal rage and terror.

"NO!", she screamed in insane rage, twisting around, almost dislocating her left shoulder in the process. Lunging at her assailant, she sank her pearl-white teeth into his bottom lip, barbarically tearing out a chunk of it. Blood smeared the lower half of her face. He screamed in agony, and she then immediately proceeded to land a high kick to the side of his head, promptly breaking his jaw with her foot.

After spitting out the chunk of salty flesh and some blood from her mouth, she grabbed her daggers, took a sharp right, and ran at full speed to Krasus' Landing. She spyed Lieutenant Sinclari, the head warden of the Violet Hold, and about six Silver Covenant archers out of the corner of her eye. She heard as Lieutenant Sinclari issuing orders to her men.

"Bring her down!", Sinclari yelled, the Silver Covenant archers knocking arrows into their bows and firing. She ducked behind a stone pillar in the entryway to the Landing, hearing the arrows embed themselves in the pillar behind her. She had made it into the stairway to the Landing, and very close to freedom!

Finally making it to the Landing, she was puzzled about why there were no guards posted. While there were no guards, there were some wyverns chained to posts, near the chest-high walls at the round landing's edges.. The flight master, Aludane Whitecloud, was likely sleeping, and the gryphons were likely sleeping in indoor nests, locked up. Valeera had a sinking feeling in her gut that it simply wasn't the case, as Whitecloud usually had an assistant cover the night shift. Another thing that set off bells in her head, was that Lieutenant Sinclari and her Silver Covenant soldiers hadn't followed her. Obvious trap. No choice but to play the hand she had been dealt, though.

Running to the wyverns, they all looked up at her imploringly. While all of the wyverns looked sad, one, in particular, looked at Valeera with a strong sense of recognition and sadness.

"It can't be... Bristlefur?!", the youthful Blood Elf loudly exclaimed, disbelieving her own eyes, running up to her old friend. "Bristlefur, is it really you?", and in response got the right side of her face covered in saliva. Giggling from the continuous licking, she began using "baby talk" on the wyvern. "Oooohhhh, you are just a big, ole, lubby wubby kitty witty! Yes you are!", she cheerily squealed while scratching Bristlefur behind the ears. She almost slapped herself, in order to stop girlishly fawning over Bristlefur. They had last seen each other at Theramore, before he flew off into Dustwallow, and she had set sail for Menethil Harbor with Broll and Varian. Her only guess for how he got here, was that a member of the Horde must have found and ridden him to Dalaran, and then got locked down here during the Purge a year ago. What a freakish coincidence!

Taking the steel chain that connected to his spiky iron collar in hand, and visually traced the chain to the post it was locked to. It was a large, square, oaken post, more like a thick tree trunk than a simple pole, just big enough to barely get her arms around. Now all she had to do was pick the lock on the chain, and she would fly eastward to Silverpine Forest, and then south to Stormwind to resume being Varian's friend and councilor...

Where was the lock? Instead of ending in a lock, the heavy and thick chain was clamped directly to a large, half-circle steel ring welded to a large plate that was bolted to the post. Bolts that were also welded to the plate to prevent removal.

"Maybe I missed the lock when I was acting all 'girly', yeah, that's it...", she whispered reassuringly to herself. Tracing the length of the entire four yard long chain by hand to the collar, she realized that there was no lock to pick. A few seconds after this realization, and she was already profusely sweating, giving the inside of her leather armor a very uncomfortable, sickeningly sticky, itchy, and extremely humid feeling. She started chewing her bottom lip in nervousness. Grabbing hold of the heavy chain in both hands, she and Bristlefur pulled as hard as they could without straining themselves. After that failed, she dropped the chain, and started futilely scratching at the steel bolts, hoping to pick one off. All she managed to do was break a nail. Pulling out her daggers, she began frantically stabbing at the oaken pole, accomplishing absolutely nothing.

Screaming in rage, she stabbed furiously at the steel plate, knowing that it would do nothing. She broke down at that moment, fell to her knees, dropped her daggers, and began sobbing. She pounded the pole with her fists, leaning against it while she cried in fury and desperation. After all of those hard fights, after all of that careful sneaking, after all of the extremely good luck, she was finally stopped by a stupid object. Not a person of any intellect or skill, just a damn piece of wood and metal! Leaning her back against the pole, she rested her face on her knees, and cried. Her copious amount of tears drenching her knees and thighs and mixing with her sweat beads. She remained like this for a couple minutes, in utter defeat and resignation.

"Please, Ann'da! Minn'da! Broll! Anybody! Help me...", she begged, knowing full well that her parents were dead and Broll was likely on the other side of world.

"Are you ready to give up, Valeera?", a firm, womanly voice called out, not far from where she was crying her eyes out. Jerking her head up swiftly, she could tell that it was Jaina Proudmoore, even though her vision was extremely blurry from her tears.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Ganishka; 07-27-2015 at 04:12 PM..
Old 07-27-2015, 04:08 AM

Elune

Finished more of it.

Quote:
"So, you saw the whole thing? It's rude to stare, you know. You weren't supposed to see that, what with me crying and screaming, and the 'baby talk' I used with Bristlefur. Especially the latter.", the elvish waif said with a wry tone, while wiping away tears from her moist eyes and sniffling away her excess snot.

"I wanted to see how far you could get. Out of all the many break outs, both failed and successful, in the Violet Hold's history, all of them had help from the outside and more then one person in the group of escapees. You, on the other hand, waited and watched. You planned and tested boundaries for when one of my warders would foolishly let their guard down, you spotted a target, picked the perfect time, and exploited it. You then bypassed the magical defenses entirely, by simply swimming out through the sewage drainage system, something most magic users would not 'lower' themselves to doing, or even thinking of in the first place. You also anticipated that most of the soldiers and guards are magi first and foremost, and were primarily concerned with magical prisoner breakouts, rather then the rather mundane attempt you have made.", the silver-and-blond haired Archmage said coolly, with a hint of respect in her voice. "You have fought so hard to get here, I commend you for your tactical abilities and fighting prowess. You are very much still the Dire Maul champion today, as you were a year ago when I put you in that cell."

"Did you come here just to gloat and offer false words of comfort to me, Jaina?", Valeera blurted out. "Why are you here? Why did you watch as I tried to escape? Why do you care if I escape or not?!", she demanded, pointing one of her daggers accusingly at Jaina.

"I came here to ask you something. Why? Why are you trying to escape, and where do you plan on going if you had managed it?", Jaina bluntly inquired.

"What do you mean? It's simple: I escape, go back to Stormwind, and take my place with Varian and Anduin as their friend and 'adviser' (in name only).", Valeera answered, confidently.

"Now you are being naive, Blood Elfling. If you had said 'I plan on living out in the woods or running from the law', I wouldn't have much to say on the matter. But, since you stated that you plan on trying to go back to Stormwind, I'm afraid I will have to break the awful truth to you. Did you even consider the consequences of what would happen to you, if you returned to Stormwind?", the older Archmage bluntly asked.

Valeera blinked. "W-what do you mean? Consequences? What are you talking about?!", Valeera demanded, confused and irritated.

Jaina sighed. "What is Varian, Valeera?"

"My friend? A... a King?"

"Yes. Now, what is he a King of?"

"Stormwind."

"And, what is Stormwind a member of?"

"... The Alliance?", Valeera responded.

"And, what is Dalaran a member of?"

"The... Alliance...", Valeera stated, slowly, comprension beginning to dawn on her.

"I think you just started to realize why returning to Stormwind would be a problem. You are a criminal of an Alliance nation, the city-state of Dalaran. Varian may be your friend, but he is also a very duty-bound man, who is very concerned with justice. You have broken the laws of my city, and Varian, though it might pain him to do so, would be obligated by the office he holds, to return you here to Dalaran. Not doing so would be a violation of his title." Jaina explained in full.

The youthful sin'dorei felt nauseous. "I-I can't return to my friends...", she whispered under her breath, fresh, hot tears welling in her glowing Fel-tainted eyes.

"Yes. So... I will ask you peacefully: please surrender. I don't want to be forced to hurt you. If you give yourself up peacefully, I can perhaps shave a few charges off of your, currently two-hundred-year-long sentence.", Jaina offered, reaching a hand out in a gesture of help.

"How kind of you...", the Blood Elf said, sarcasm dripping from every syllable. "I would be a fool to turn that down. However, Broll was always fond of calling me a little, unthinking hot-head. I want my freedom, not your pity. I'd rather die than go back to that cell to rot for the 'crime' of protecting my kin!", Valeera shouted the last sentence, to make the point stick.

"Then I am just going to teleport you back to your cell, with all of today's charges on top of your sentence.", Jaina stated, with a sigh. She closed her eyes, threw her right hand out, and channeled arcane magic into into her palm. "Oh, please work...!" Valeera thought, gripping her right forearm with the anti-teleport manacles hidden beneath her gauntlet, bracing for landing face first into her cell.

It didn't happen. Jaina opened her eyes, and was visibly shocked to see Valeera still standing there. "How did you...?", Proudmoore stammered. "What kind of trick is-", she started to say, when she realized what Valeera had done. "Using our own magical equipment against us? Clever. Fine, have it your way, battle it is!", Jaina shouted, sounding resigned to this outcome.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-02-2015, 01:28 PM

Elune

Got some more done.

Quote:
Yelling in a fierce attempt at intimidation, Valeera charged Jaina, daggers drawn. Jaina, anticipating this, threw up a mana shield and simply stood there with a slight smirk on her face. As soon as the tips of Valeera's daggers struck the mana shield, she was electrocuted.

"Yeiii!", Valeera yelped as a jolt of extremely sharp pain shot through her arms, causing her to almost drop her weapons and to stagger back meekly.

"You can't strike this barrier without getting a nasty and debilitating electrical shock, as it is empowered by my staff, which holds within it the powers of the Thunder King.", Jaina stated matter-of-factly. "Now, it is my turn."

Jaina threw up her left hand and threw a fireball at the still-shaky elf. Valeera had barely enough time to dodge the flaming magical projectile by jumping to the side and throwing herself to the ground. The next thing she felt after hitting the ground after the fireball hit the ground where she had just been standing, were small pebbles raining onto her back. Valeera whipped her head around to look at the ground where the fireball had hit: it had left a small crater in the stonework on the ground.

"Wait a second...", Valeera's thoughts turned from despair into anxious excitement. "I can just trick Jaina into helping me escape! She'll most likely have thought about me trying something so... obvious, though. So I'm going to have to play it out for as long as I can. Perhaps I can distract her long enough that she will forget that I might try to trick her like that. First thing's first, though: gotta get rid of that pesky barrier."

Broll would be furious with her if he saw what she was going to do, but it was either succumb to mana addiction again or go back to a lonely prison cell for a few centuries. Withdrawal pangs were worth the price of freedom, Valeera wagered. Valeera raised her hands, and began a massive siphon of the arcane and lightning magics keeping the barrier up. Jaina, of course, saw it coming, and was preparing an arcane spell, one most likely to immobilize her. The elvish waif knew that it was most likely a polymorph spell, which would instantly defeat Valeera and enable easy capture. The only way to break a polymorph, is to cause physical trauma, as the pain would shatter the enchantment. Thinking quickly, Valeera threw her left hand to her upper right arm, and jabbed her dagger into the semi-scabbed knife wound her first fight had earned her, just a split second before Jaina finished her spell.

It worked. She only remained a sheep for about half a second. Proudmoore had a look on her face between "angry", "worried", and "shocked". "Are you INSANE?!", the Archmage cried, astonished at Valeera's willingness to possibly open an artery and cause death by blood loss.

This was Valeera's chance. She put as much concentration into tapping Jaina's magic as she could. It caused the elfling's eyes to glow blue with a fraction of the power of Lei Shen flowing through her. Proudmoore would need to pull even more magic out of the staff to strengthen the shield up, and, as Valeera guessed, Jaina dispelled the barrier and absorbed the small amount of remaining power into herself. The silver-haired Archmage changed tactics: she summoned four illusionary versions of herself, which began to hurl arcane, fire, and ice magics at Valeera. Deftly dodging these projectiles, she hurled her two stolen daggers at the two closest ones, and using the speed and strength gained from the recent boost in mana, charged and ran the third illusion through the chest, destroying all three constructs.

"Well done. You certainly know how to avoid or overcome situations that would otherwise have defeated a lesser criminal, Blood Elfling.", Jaina remarked with a mock bow. "However: I've only been toying with you. You know, deep down, that there is no hope of you beating me."

"She's right", Valeera thought in admittance. "I can't get close to her without her blinking away, and I've taken too much magical energy in as is. I need to get her angry, so that I can direct the flow of battle and where she attacks. What makes her angry? Come on, Valeera, THINK!" The elfin gladiator then remembered that comparing Jaina to Garrosh Hellscream had struck a very irritated nerve.

"Kinda like how you, 'deep down', knew there was no hope of saving Theramore from Garrosh?", the snarky elvish girl belted out.

The look on Jaina's face went from "calm" to "barely restrained rage" within two seconds. "How DARE you?! I tried my hardest to defend my city, before your kind destroyed it!", the womanly wizard yelled, incensed.

"You did? Huh, I wasn't aware that sitting behind some walls and waiting for a warmongering tyrant to attack, hoping that you can 'talk' to him is considered 'defending'. In the end, it wasn't Garrosh that destroyed Theramore, but your own appeasement that allowed him to attack it.".

"Stop babbling, Valeera!", Jaina railed, noticably flustered. "You weren't at Theramore! You didn't see what Garrosh did!"

"You're right, Jaina, I wasn't there.", the elf girl calmly stated with a shrug. "But, I do know how to solve a 'problem' like Garrosh, and it isn't by trying for overtures of 'peace'."

"Then what? What should I have done?! I didn't want anyone to die, Valeera!", the Archmage shouted.

"That's your problem, Jaina. You didn't want anyone to die. People die, even if you don't want them to. I've lived most of my life short life on the streets, Jaina.", Valeera said, rather coldly. "I've seen thugs like Garrosh a lot. There is only one way to deal with a bully like him: you kill him or use a show of force to deter him or others like him from hurting you and those you love. I lost my parents to scum like him. If I had known what I know now, and had the ability to save my parents back then, I would have slit those robbers throats without a second thought."

"What point are you getting at, Valeera? That I should have abandoned my defended position at Theramore, and attacked Garrosh head on? That would have been suicidal.", Jaina scoffed.

"No. What I mean is that you could have struck first. Long before he built up that army. You could have caused rifts between the Horde soldiers on species and political lines. You could have just had a Troll, Goblin, or Blood Elf slip a dagger in between his ribs or drip some poison into his evening beverage, or whatever.", Valeera explained, knowing to push another button. "Garrosh, like Daelin Proudm-"

The next second, before Valeera could finish the name of Jaina's father, she quickly jumped to the side as Jaina had thrown a possibly lethal fireball at her. "Don't you ever mention those two names in comparison to me ever again, Blood Elf!", the Lady hissed.

"Or what? I think you know that I was right in that comparison, Jaina.", Valeera said, slowly and carefully. "Anyway, my point is that, ultimately, Theramore's destruction is equally your fault, as much as Garrosh's or Thrall's. I think you always knew this, right? " During this entire conversation, Valeera had been moving in front of the wooden post, keeping Jaina fixed on her words and too angry to realize what the young sin'dorei was doing.

"You... you insufferable little...", Lady Proudmoore stammered, almost incoherent with suppressed fury. "I was the victim of Garrosh, and then was the victim of Blood Elf duplicity!"

"You mean like how I was a victim of your aggression?", Valeera asked, raising a long golden eyebrow inquisitively. Thinking about what she was going to say next caused her emotions to overtake her, tears welled up anew in her glowing green eyes, and her voice cracked. "I was your friend, Jaina! I hated Garrosh, too, for what he did to you. Not to mention that he threw the lives of my people away to do it! But for you, of whom I thought of almost like an older sister, to turn around and do to me what that pompous pig, Garithos, did to Kael'thas over a decade ago... You treated me like I was just another common piece of trash to be swept into the dustbin, instead of your friend. You should have just killed me, it would have been preferable to being betrayed by a person I thought of as a friend! This whole thing has only shown me how utterly fickle you Humans are. You're all so damn quick to change your minds!", Valeera spat, small rivers leaking down her cheeks.

Jaina had gone from looking furious, to looking concerned, though still very angry. "I will give you one last chance, Valeera. Drop your daggers and surrender. Or else I will simply be forced to kill you."

"I WILL BE YOUR DEATH!", Valeera snarled, raising her daggers in a way that indicated using them as thrown projectiles. Jaina wasted no time and simply hurled a massive pyroblast at the elven waif... Just as Valeera wanted. She jumped over the wooden post and on top of the waist-high wall behind it in a single leap. What happened next was... unexpected. The pyroblast incinerated the wooden pole and destroyed a length of Bristlefur's steel chain, which was good. It continued going and hit the stone wall Valeera was standing on, which was bad. Next thing Valeera knew, was blackness.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-06-2015, 12:22 PM

Eternal

I could see this for LEGION. It can totally fit.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:48 PM

Elune

Finally started this back up.

Quote:
Waving her arms and legs frantically, and pointlessly, in a panic, Valeera fell. A small, red star streaking and hitting the waters below would be rather beautiful a way to go, if the young elf wasn't utterly horrified at the prospect of dying. After several moments of watching the still-rather-far-away ocean get ever closer, Valeera started to relax, her fear of dying dissipating. She thought back on the last few years of her life, and could honestly say that she was happy to at least die free, rather then remain in that awful prison. Closing her eyes, she breathed in the winds buffeting her face, catching the strong scent of the sea. Something was odd, though. Valeera felt as though she wasn't alone, for some reason. Her eyes snapped open, and she looked up, seeing a shadowy lion-and-bat-like form diving right for her.

"BRISTLEFUR!", Valeera shouted, her eyes tearing up from happiness and sudden relief.

The windrider, instead of swooping under Valeera to break her fall (and likely her back and neck too), gently came in from the right side, easily close enough to the rogue for her to mount him. Throwing her arms out, she gripped his furry mane, and then wrapped her legs and arms around him, pinning her whole body flatly to his back. Bristlefur started to curve his flightpath, from going straight down to straight forward, to the coast eastward of them. The change in direction caused the muscles in Valeera's abdomen to tighten and to give her that uncomfortable feeling of not having a bottom in the pit of her stomach. After her belly did a proverbial back flip, Valeera felt as though she was going to toss her last meal.

"I shouldn't be that surprised by this... It's been almost two years since I've flown anywhere. Of course my body isn't used to it!", Valeera sighed, breathing heavily to ease the feeling of nausea.

Bristlefur made an inquisitive, light purr, getting Valeera's attention.

"Oh, that's right! I'm sorry! I forgot to thank you!", the young elf said glowingly, playfully scratching Bristlefur between the ears. She started using her baby talk again: "Who's a bwave kitty?! You are!"

After several moments of this, Valeera stopped and started to think about her destination, as well as where exactly she was. Gazing at the coastline in front of her, her elven eyes saw that it was a heavily forested region. It was not a jungle, though, as the trees were pines. She noticed a small, apparently lifeless village, at the foot of a small mountainous region. Nestled on one of the smaller mountains, she could make out what appeared to be a large, dreary castle. If she had to guess, that had to be Pyrewood Village, and right above it, Shadowfang Keep. Which meant that she was off the coast of Silverpine Forest, presently Horde territory.

"Bristlefur? I don't suppose you could keep flying for a couple hours straight? I know where we need to go. We fly to Silvermoon!"

Bristlefur flew towards the coast with great haste at hearing her destination.

After four straight hours of flight, Valeera caught a glimpse of Silvermoon City in the distance. However, shortly after reaching Silverpine, she had started to feel ill. It had only gotten worse over the past four hours. She was sweating profusely, the wound on her arm was aching terribly, her vision was blurred, and she felt extremely weak and lightheaded. The wound had started to fester, and emitted a slight odor.

"H-h-hurry, B-Bristlefur!", the youthful elf urged weakly, letting out a hacking cough. She was growing weak, and wasn't sure if she could make it to Silvermoon. If she lost consciousness, she would likely fall off, possibly to her death. Valeera resolved to stay awake until she was safely inside her people's gilded capital city.

After another half an hour of forcing herself to stay awake with shear willpower, they had entered Silvermoon. In her weakened state, Valeera had forgotten to signal to Bristlefur to land, and before she knew it, they landed in the Court of the Sun, right outside of Silvermoon City's royal palace, the Sunspire. She immediately slid off of her wyvern companion, and hit the ground lightly, letting out ragged gasps and weakly moaning from her delirium and pain.

Silvermoon City guardians had swarmed to her, and she barely heard some of the citizens calling out in a alarm.

"State your name and business!", one of the soldiers barked.

Valeera couldn't really respond to the order, as she was barely conscious. Bristlefur, meanwhile, angrily growled at the guards, standing over Valeera. A crowd of citizens had gathered near the large decorative fountain, whispering animatedly about this strange situation. The guards appeared confused about what to do, at least as far as dealing with a deathly ill intruder was concerned.

"Just what is going on out here?!", a crisp and elegant male voice called out, surprising the guards to no end.

"Uh, R-Regent Lord! This intruder violated the security of the palace. We simply moved in to detain her.", the guard who had originally asked Valeera's name stammered nervously.

"Intruder?", Regent Lord Lor'themar Theron inquired, walking around the guards to where Valeera lay. He was followed by two, apparently high-ranking, elven men: one with blonde hair, the other with half of his face obscured and with a long black ponytail. "I see no 'intruder' here. What I do see, however, is a poor girl dying on a street while a gaggle of soldiers do nothing to help her!"

The Regent Lord, carefully, crouched down to Valeera. Bristlefur raised his hackles defensively.

"It is alright, windrider. I do not seek to harm you or the girl, I merely wish to help one of my own.", Lor'themar placated. Bristlefur immediately calmed down and stepped away, allowing the Regent to scoop Valeera up into his arms, her head cradled by his left arm and his right under her knees.

"My Lord, should we prepare a room for our new guest?", the tall man with blonde locks, a green cloak, and exquisitely tailored cobalt mail and leather armor, asked with no sarcasm or disrespect.

"Indeed, Halduron. Send word to the maids to tend to our young guest, draw her a bath and clean her up while she sleeps, treat her wounds, and dress her in some fresh clothes."

"Th-thank... you...", Valeera whimpered.

"You are welcome, young one. May I inquire, at the very least, your name? I would be a poor host to receive you and not learn the name of my guest!", the Regent Lord stated, honest cheer and goodwill evident in his voice.

"Val-Valeera... Sang... San... gui... nar...", Valeera responded, slowly and painfully.

"Then I welcome you, Valeera Sanguinar, into the palace of our people, so that you might recover. And perhaps, tell us about what little adventure you must have had to arrive here in such a state.", Lor'themar replied.

The last thing Valeera saw before she passed out, was the shocked expression on the face of the dark haired man in scarlet robes.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Ganishka; 08-28-2015 at 10:33 PM..
Old 09-09-2015, 05:34 PM

Elune

Even more:

Quote:

Lor'themar had felt uneasy for the past few hours. The Regent Lord of Quel'thalas always had a light breakfast at 8 a.m., and during this, Halduron Brightwing would deliver a military and security report and Grand Magister Rommath would always deliver an economic report. Both were very dull, but were required to gage the strength and health of the Sin'dorei nation and the health of the people within. While Halduron was somewhat more lax in arriving, Rommath was always extremely punctual and arrived on the dot at nearly the exact same time every day.

Today, however, while Halduron showed up in the usual casual way, Rommath didn't show up at the same time. In fact, he hadn't shown up at all. This sudden neglection of a daily ritual was the last thing to tell Lor'themar that something was wrong. Shortly after that young girl had revealed her identity, Rommath had acted... distracted. And now this.

"... And the Scourge have slowed, to the point where our rangers are only reporting the very odd ghoul or skeleton past the Elrendar River. They barely even seem to leave Deatholme anymore, and can officially be labelled an entirely minor and ignorable threat. At least for the mean time.", Halduron Brightwing, Ranger General of Quel'thalas and leader of the Farstrider army, said as he finished his report.

"Is something the matter, Lor'themar?", Halduron asked, quizzically.

"Yes, yes there is. I'm sure you've noticed that Rommath is missing.", the Regent replied.

"Yes. It is very unlike him. We both know how punctual he is."

"You haven't seen him, lately?", Lor'themar inquired, raising a brow.

"Hmm. No.", Halduron said, slowly. However, he suddenly remembered something. "Oh, yes! I do remember walking down the hallway of guest suites on the lower levels, and ran into a young Magistrix, named Eredania I believe. She appeared to have been in a hurry and was carrying a few items, and after bumping into me, she dropped whatever she had been holding. She apologized profusely, picked up the items, and ran off."

"What articles was she carrying? Did you catch a glimpse?"

"Uh, yes. Not a good look, mind, but they appeared to be a few pieces of jewelry."

"Do you know where she ran off to? What room she came out of?", Lor'themar asked, even more intrigued.

"I do. She ran off in the direction of the royal library shortly after running into me. She appeared to come out of the room where our young guest, Ms. Sanguinar, is sleeping.", Halduron answered succinctly, but appeared rather perturbed at all of the questions.

"Oh, of course. Thank you for the information, Halduron. I'm going to go have a chat with our Grand Magister, now that I have a good idea of where he has been. Care to come along?", Lor'themar said, smirking.

The royal library was a massive underground room, filled with bookshelves at least a hundred feet in height. Rommath poured over tattered documents and tomes, many of them thousands of years old, preserved through magical means. Hearing the name of that girl, Valeera, had torn open old wounds. It also reminded him of an old question, one that he had always wanted to inquire about, but had never followed through with after Kael'thas was killed. He had thrown quite a few books haphazardly on the ancient marble desk he was occupying, and even more on the ground in piles.

Quote:
Quote:

Tags
creative, warcraft