Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 07:30 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumShadow843 View Post
Fine.Answer this question.
Let's say i go to Heaven but my parents go to Hell.How am i supposed to enjoy paradise when i know my parents are tortured and suffer in horrible agony for eternity ?
Hell doesn't exist.

Take it from someone who knows.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:33 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

Quote:
Let's say i go to Heaven but my parents go to Hell.How am i supposed to enjoy paradise when i know my parents are tortured and suffer in horrible agony for eternity ?
I don't know. From my knowledge the Bible never tells us in depth what Heaven is like.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:34 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
They were filth. Unworthy of love. If you go to Hell, you pretty much deserve it. Like rapists, murderers, child molesters. To go to Hell, you must do something bad.

Even those who do not beleive in thy lord, go to heaven or at least to purgatory (I don't give two shits what the Catholic Church says on purgatory not existing, utter nonsense).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:35 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Default polite discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
That isn't it at all.

He doesn't send you to Hell, you are choosing to go there.
See even that is language I think you should be avoiding. Even treating it seriously gives it undeserved credence. Hell is a scary concept for people, especially for young and impressionable children. The idea puts a deep fear into many people. So it cannot be a relevent issue anymore to discuss or even care about. Because if such a horrible place actually existed then I don't think a being that powerful would let anyone go there.

The whole hell thing needs to be dropped from these discussions. Make it a historical concept because it shouldn't be a religious one.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:39 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
See even that is language I think you should be avoiding. Even treating it seriously gives it undeserved credence. Hell is a scary concept for people, especially for young and impressionable children. The idea puts a deep fear into many people. So it cannot be a relevent issue anymore to discuss or even care about. Because if such a horrible place actually existed then I don't think a being that powerful would let anyone go there.

The whole hell thing needs to be dropped from these discussions. Make it a historical concept because it shouldn't be a religious one.
Really the only way to go to Hell is to break one of the three Forbidden Laws before you die. So yeah, you do choose to go to Hell.
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:40 PM

Elune

Quote:

*wakes up in Hell and hears a deep voice*
''We have an eternity to know your flesh.''
Now that is terrifying imo.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:43 PM

Banished

I'm catholic, but I dont believe that human go to hell. The damage we can cause is minuscule. Humans going to a LOOOOOOOOOONG ASS Purgatory though I can believe though
Old 02-18-2012, 07:43 PM

Eternal

Quote:
That isn't it at all.

He doesn't send you to Hell, you are choosing to go there.

'Hey dude, where's the place where I suffer for all eternity because of deeds that I did during less than a hundred years? Heaven is just boring!'

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:44 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post
Really the only way to go to Hell is to break one of the three Forbidden Laws before you die. So yeah, you do choose to go to Hell.
I assume these are the laws.
  • A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  • A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  • A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 02-18-2012, 07:46 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

Quote:

Hell is simply separation from God. God is all that is good, Hell is absent of good.

Why should He force everyone to go to Heaven if they are choosing to be separate from him.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:47 PM

Banished

There is damnation. But human fools made up the whole eternal part.

Site Staff - Admin

Quote:
No. Even if someone "chose" to go to a place for eternal unhappiness (and who would actually make that choice while fully understanding the full repercussions of that?) , I think that a being with an ability to intervene in that situationwould. Maybe he does something else with the beings who've made some bad choices in their lives, but I don't think he would be so cruel to send them to such a horrible place (assuming that it even exists).

Elune

Quote:
Hell is simple separation from God. God is all that is good, Hell is absent of good.

Why should He force everyone to go to Heaven if they are choosing to be separate from him.
Huh. Never thought of it that way.

Quote:
Quote:
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:49 PM

Needs A Hug

Quote:
Hell is simply separation from God. God is all that is good, Hell is absent of good.

I like this. It makes sense.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:52 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Quote:

I don't think you're getting it. Eternal punishment would be cruel. Now if such a place existed and God is not cruel, then why he allow anyone to go to such a really bad place forever and ever? That would be a very ungodly thing to do, so it must not be the case.

Which I do apologize to my secular friends out here who might find this conversation coming off as a little presumptuous, because it really is.

Last edited by Shaman; 02-18-2012 at 07:58 PM..
Old 02-18-2012, 07:56 PM

Eternal

Quote:

Why should 'He'(he's male?) condemn someone for eternity for deeds that happen in a very limited amount of time and can't possibly deserve pain that never ends, or because someone chooses to reject a faith that they don't want to blindly follow without proof?. It's not even like they'll come out better people out of it, it just seems sadistic.

Also what exactly do you mean by 'all that is good'? That's a bit vague.

Quote:
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:57 PM

Banished

Eternity is a mortal placeholder word for 'very long time.' In truth, it is not even necessarily that. Eternity is as long as it needs to be.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
Why should 'He'(he's male?) condemn someone for eternity for deeds that happen in a very limited amount of time and can't possibly deserve pain that never ends, or because someone chooses to reject a faith that they don't want to blindly follow without proof?. It's not even like they'll come out better people out of it, it just seems sadistic.

Reminded me of this.Great speech.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:00 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Eternity is a mortal placeholder word for 'very long time.' In truth, it is not even necessarily that. Eternity is as long as it needs to be.
You know that from your connections with your fellow deities?

Quote:
Old 02-18-2012, 08:01 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
NAW MAN. That goes against the very meaning of the concept!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:01 PM

Banished

Quote:
You know that from your connections with your fellow deities?
Of course.

Wait, no, I mean I figured it out through long and difficult meditations. Because I'm just a fragile little mortal. Yes. Not a god. Just another friendly mortal, yep! That's me.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:04 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

Quote:

God isn't really anything. We just refer to him as male and the catholic church as female. why? I don't know. I read about the reason why we call God He somewhere but I'm too lazy to google it.
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:05 PM

Elune

Even my Lord Set has a birthdate, though it be billions of years ago during the birth of creation!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-18-2012, 08:06 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: IliyaM#1840

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
Lock this thread please. This is flame bait.
Indeed.

I am Dallanna Stoneweaver, Destroyer of Threads, Logic, and Lawns.

Tip for writers: The "Rule of Cool" does not a good story make!

Dorf R 4 Fite!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:06 PM

Banished

Quote:
God isn't really anything. We just refer to him as male and the catholic church as female. why? I don't know. I read about the reason why we call God He somewhere but I'm too lazy to google it.
Abrahamic religions refer to God as He because they are founded on a violently patriarchal, misogynistic proto-cult that worshiped a masculine god.

Unfortunate, but there you are.
Closed Thread