Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-23-2019, 10:09 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Old 01-23-2019, 03:09 PM

Huntress

Speaking of elves, is that shot of the Alliance ships sailing through the Golden fleet wreckage a reference to the WC2 Elven Destroyer cinematic?
Old 01-23-2019, 08:34 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

There are 3 new maps of Outland on the 8.1.5 PTR. I’m afraid I’m not keen eyed enough to discern a difference between them.............. anyone want to take a crack at it?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Actually, I guess I should give myself more credit.
-One has zone names
https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...d_Updated1.jpg
-One has landmarks
https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...axiDetail0.jpg
-one has neither
https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...tlandTaxi0.jpg

I wonder if this is in preparation for more Saurfang stuff.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 01-23-2019 at 08:40 PM..
Old 01-24-2019, 12:50 AM

Chimaera

Based on the file names, the first one is the regular world map while the latter two will be used in the flight master interface. Most likely it doesn't have any story significance and is just part of Blizzard's ongoing effort to modernize the old continent maps, like they did with the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor at the start of 8.1.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 01-24-2019, 02:18 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
Based on the file names, the first one is the regular world map while the latter two will be used in the flight master interface. Most likely it doesn't have any story significance and is just part of Blizzard's ongoing effort to modernize the old continent maps, like they did with the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor at the start of 8.1.
I swear I remember this being part of a PTR Development Notes a few weeks ago, stating that this is what was going to happen, and that the Northrend map would also be receiving the same update.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:07 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardeiute View Post
I swear I remember this being part of a PTR Development Notes a few weeks ago, stating that this is what was going to happen, and that the Northrend map would also be receiving the same update.
Northrend maps were in the last build.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 01-24-2019, 05:40 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Old 01-24-2019, 06:16 AM

Arch-Druid

https://de.wowhead.com/news=289910/g...vel-broadcast-

Scarlet Brotherhood, haa? Geez, these guys always reappear...
Old 01-24-2019, 06:45 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
https://de.wowhead.com/news=289910/g...vel-broadcast-

Scarlet Brotherhood, haa? Geez, these guys always reappear...
Scarlet cockroaches. If Azeroth dies this expansion I expect the Scarlet what-have-you to survive.

I wonder if they’ll have anything to do with Calia....... looks like they’re her enemy, but maybe they know where her daughter is.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 01-24-2019 at 06:48 AM..
Old 01-24-2019, 11:00 AM

World Builder

The writing just feels really schizophrenic with this Scarlet Brotherhood thing.

What exactly is supposed to be the Alliance PoV on undead

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-24-2019, 11:35 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Generally not pleasant, most considering the state an affront to the natural order? At least if Before the Storm, some older pieces of lore, and so on are to go by.

The main difference between the Scarlets and the Alliance has never been their approach towards the undead (maybe in severity, but not in essence), it's been the Scarlets' paranoia and aggresivity even towards the living.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:39 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I feel like warmode could be solved very easily,

just add mercenary mode. I also feel that the whole "we dont want pvp vendors coz new players are stupid" argument is beyond fucking retarded because you could apply it to the azerite currency added in 8.1
Quote:
The writing just feels really schizophrenic with this Scarlet Brotherhood thing.

I know this is nitpicking but they also have a MAGA thing in the datamined quotes

Our kingdom... will be... great once more...

Replace Our kingdom with america and once more with again.

yes i know derailing into politics is bad but, well it is there.

Last edited by Gurzog; 01-24-2019 at 11:41 AM..
Old 01-24-2019, 01:45 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Maybe the Scarlet guy is a hint at next expac?
Old 01-24-2019, 03:23 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

lol

They literally said that they wont revamp any classes in any upcoming patch because "that stuff is for expansions"

i used to like his points, but this is just stupid, they need new devs ASAP.

the current ones are garbage
Old 01-24-2019, 04:58 PM

Troubadour

Classes don't need revamping.

People complain about Shaman builds flexibility and yet the spec can vary within the builds 321033, 230231 and 110333 depending to the Azerite traits currently available at hand.

From the Shaman discord:

Quote:
The idea behind Primal Primer being rated so highly on http://bloodmallet.com/ and similar sites along with being recommended on the wowhead guide is due to the recent buffs that made other traits and talents competitive as of 8.1. These changes allowed more variety in competitive builds being used. These builds includes the Strength of Earth build that was circulating in the early days of 8.1 along with the Primal Primer build circulating now.

Both builds are strong single target options with PP edging it out. The PP build requires 2 or more pieces with Primal Primer to be competitive. The SoE build can be played with a single SoE trait and will outperform the 8.0 build by a bit and will get stronger the more SoE traits you have.

AoE is still being worked on. Stay tuned.

---

We don't know currently how good Primal Primer is actually going to perform in live content, because we have absolutely no testing from PTR or otherwise to judge it. It is likely to be a strong single target choice as the guides outline, but we don't have direct practical rankings outside of sim numbers.
Strength of Earth is likely to stay as good as it was for raw single target situations in 8.1 Uldir. Which one wins requires time to judge, and while I'd love to give you an answer I honestly apologise because we can't in all fairness give one that would be adequate.

(also the other build might just beat them because of all the Crash uptime anyway + trait flexibility who knows!)

This is the best answer we can give at this time though sadly.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:38 PM

Arch-Druid

lorthemar about sylvanas

I love the new model!
Old 01-24-2019, 10:11 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

It's kinda dumb that Fury spec doesn't have Avatar. I feel like it's far closer to the Mountain King fantasy than Arms is since Mountain Kings always dual wield, but my Dwarf Warrior will never go Fury as long as Avatar stays tied only to Arms. (And I think Prot, can't remember if it gets Avatar as well.)
Old 01-24-2019, 10:24 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
lorthemar about sylvanas
I love the new model!
Yeah, I'm still not siding with a Baine who only gets upset when relatives of his friends on Alliance are hurt but otherwise happily lets both Night Elves and his tauren subjects die.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:22 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
Yeah, I'm still not siding with a Baine who only gets upset when relatives of his friends on Alliance are hurt but otherwise happily lets both Night Elves and his tauren subjects die.
Neither Sylv, Nor Saurfang, nor Baine are good options.

What prompts Lor'themar to say that though? Didn't the Belf Heritage quest imply he was going along with Sylv out of respect for the way she died?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-25-2019, 03:41 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Generally not pleasant, most considering the state an affront to the natural order? At least if Before the Storm, some older pieces of lore, and so on are to go by.

The main difference between the Scarlets and the Alliance has never been their approach towards the undead (maybe in severity, but not in essence), it's been the Scarlets' paranoia and aggresivity even towards the living.
We have enough examples of Alliance forces tolerating Undead who aren't hostile (to the point of being allowed to serve in the Alliance's forces without supervision just for them). And keep in mind Undead by nature are enemies of the living (Chronicle says it and its backed up by the Death Knights needing to kill to keep themselves functioning) so there's really no way you can spin distrust for Undead as being meanies (it'd be like being wary of disease carrying rats, being cautious not racism).

Last edited by Cacofonix; 01-25-2019 at 03:51 AM..
Old 01-25-2019, 04:04 AM

Eternal

I am not sure what does that have to do with what I was talking about at all. The Alliance military structures being utilitarian enough to tolerate and utilize smaller number of undead individuals and spiritual beliefs of the civilian population at large are two completely different things. And the argument about "spinning distrust as being meanies" is completely tangential, nobody has been talking about it but you at all.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:11 AM

Ranger

It's not just the Death Knights. You have other moments like those Lunar Festival Elders. It's enough to say that the Alliance might be wary of the Undead (as they should, since their nature puts them at odds with the living namely Humans) but they wouldn't be running around burning all the Undead who aren't hostile or otherwise being such meanies to non-hostile Undead they'd be "forced" to make a new magical plague.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:36 AM

Eternal

You are going completely tangential about this. I am talking how do humans in general see the undead given their spiritual system and beliefs. Not about the new plague, not about burning at stake, not about any of this.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:45 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Neither Sylv, Nor Saurfang, nor Baine are good options.

What prompts Lor'themar to say that though? Didn't the Belf Heritage quest imply he was going along with Sylv out of respect for the way she died?
in the heritage quest lor'themar says that he has many disagreements with sylvanas but that he respects what he once was.
he says this after sylvanas imprison baine
Old 01-25-2019, 08:22 AM

Troubadour

I decided to make a visual guide on the Shaman builds

https://i.redd.it/psi7591gflc21.png

Because I'm sick of reading people asking for Shaman build flexibility and rework, since we have that right now.

The first build is Primal Primer. It's the strongest build if you can stack 3 of those traits. But if you can't, and have other traits available, the other builds open up to you.

More info: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...iable/eexs9xf/

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft