Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 08-15-2016, 11:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Pretty sure I've said that rioting is dumb, but to call the entire group a terrorist organization is dumb.

Also white people don't have to do the same exact things as blacks to be considered terrorists, considering how we don't have BLM suicide bombers or beheading.

But someone's just going to ignore what I say and call me some slur so meh.
Different levels of the same thing.

And I have never, ever, called you a slur.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:38 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Different levels of the same thing.

And I have never, ever, called you a slur.
I said someone you boosted Alola.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:41 AM

Elune

Quote:
I said someone you boosted Alola.
..... Can I be a boosted alola charizard?
Old 08-15-2016, 11:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Citation needed.

Seriously, Rag and others give me so much shit if I post anything without a citation and yet yall seem to be fine never doing so.
Okay, dude. I have posted these dozens of times before, but I will do so again.

EDIT: And now I'm off to work. Hope I don't get murdered by some black dude. (Jk, I have a CWP.)

Last edited by Frostwolf; 08-15-2016 at 11:47 AM..
Old 08-15-2016, 11:53 AM

Banished

Whitey women are more attractive than Black women of the West African variety (fatter, attitude) go figure Black men target Whitey ladies noticeably more than Whitey men target Black women.

Last edited by Galdus; 08-15-2016 at 11:59 AM..
Old 08-15-2016, 12:13 PM

World Builder

1. I'm deeply skeptical of anything that claims that 'between zero and ten' white men raped black women in a country of millions, I'd like to know how the hell they got their data, because more likely the rapes were thrown out or not reported because black people distrust the impartiality of the justice system.

http://www.citypaper.com/news/mobtow...609-story.html

2. Those lines above the links aren't quotes from the articles they link to, just the person who made that graphic's skewed perception.

Just as an example from the Princeton article

Quote:
CONCLUSION
While interracial marriage has long served as a proxy of racial inclusion (Park 1924;
Gordon 1964; Bogardus 1968), we employ willingness to date outside of one’s own race as an
indicator that holds implications for understanding racial formation, racial hierarchy, and racial
inclusion. This study shows how racial formation (Omi and Winant 1987) is inherently
gendered. Our findings point to the complexity of this process, suggesting that both assimilation
theory and social exchange theory may not adequately address crucial dimensions of exclusion.
Our findings contradict social exchange theory in that Asian men, Middle Easterners, and
East Indians are unable to exchange their education and income for white privilege. Although
East Indian and Middle Eastern men and women are similarly excluded by whites, they, like
Asian men, are well educated and enjoy high incomes (Barringer, Takeuchi, and Xenos 1990).
Asian males’ high levels of education and income, and relatively low levels of residential
segregation (Massey and Denton 1992), have not elevated their acceptance as white women’s
potential mates. These findings add to a growing body of empirical evidence suggesting that the
processes of incorporation of new immigrant groups do not parallel those of earlier European
origin immigrant groups (Portes and Zhou 1993).
The results regarding blacks and Asians suggest a gendered model of racial exclusion.
Unlike the work of Bonilla-Silva (2004), our findings indicate that racial hierarchies rest on a
more complex set of relations than a tri-racial system implies. The data show that group position
is not only based on race, but on its intersection with gender. While previous work asserts that
blacks are at the bottom of the racial hierarchy, this study shows that white women are more
inclusive of black men than white men are of black women, who are, by far, the least desired
potential date of white men. In contrast, black men rank ahead of Asian, Middle Eastern, and
East Indian men, among groups white women are willing to date, while Asian women rank
highly among the groups white men are willing to date. Preferences for physical characteristics
contribute to the racial exclusion of black women and Asian men by whites, but do not explain
them entirely. Nevertheless, the consistency between gendered racial preferences and observed
inter-cohabitation and inter-marriage patterns suggest that preferences are an important input into
dating and marriage outcomes.
Acceptance by the dominant group is necessary for boundaries and social distance
between minority groups and whites to be weakened, yet this study shows that whites continue to
exclude minority groups at high rates, in a way that privileges some minorities in a gendered
manner. We have suggested that gendered racial preferences on the part of whites are a product
of a gendered racial formation process, as manifested in the historic treatment and cultural
portrayals of racial men and women. Further research is needed that includes the intersection of
not only gender, but of class and skin color with racial formation. Such analyses that examine
the intersection of these formations are essential to an understanding of racial inclusion and
exclusion in the United States.
3. I'm not sure how in the third table white on white crime only came to 10% because if you actually GO to the link

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ender_2013.xls

Out of 3005 white victims of homicide, 2509 of the offenders were also white. That's about 83.5%

Most crime is intraracial, so arguments about how high 'black on black' crime is are usually worthless once you acknowledge that.

Or am I missing something in this graph?

4. Even assuming this last one is accurate (Which I doubt given that it advocates having black people leave the US), it and most of your other sources ignore that correlation =/= causation and much of the difference in crime level is attributable more to location and economic standing than to race and culture.

Now I'm not saying culture has NOTHING to do with it, but your sources are plainly skewing their material.

EDIT:

As a sidenote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.c37700f29765

Quote:
I liked my job, and I was good at it.

But more and more, I felt like I couldn’t do the work I set out to do. I was participating in a profoundly corrupt criminal justice system. I could not, in good conscience, participate in a system that was so intentionally unfair and racist. So after five years on the job, I quit.

Since I left, I’ve thought a lot about how to change the system. I’ve worked on police abuse, racial justice and criminal justice reform at the Missouri ACLU and other organizations.

Unfortunately, I don’t think better training alone will reduce police brutality. My fellow officers and I took plenty of classes on racial sensitivity and on limiting the use of force.

The problem is that cops aren’t held accountable for their actions, and they know it. These officers violate rights with impunity. They know there’s a different criminal justice system for civilians and police.

Even when officers get caught, they know they’ll be investigated by their friends, and put on paid leave. My colleagues would laughingly refer to this as a free vacation. It isn’t a punishment. And excessive force is almost always deemed acceptable in our courts and among our grand juries. Prosecutors are tight with law enforcement, and share the same values and ideas.

We could start to change that by mandating that a special prosecutor be appointed to try excessive force cases. And we need more independent oversight, with teeth. I have little confidence in internal investigations.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 08-15-2016, 12:22 PM

Banished

Go look up the homicide rates per capita in Africa against Europe. Then loom
k up the sex crimes in Africa against Europe.

Blacks are more inclined to commit homicides and sex crimes.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:33 PM

Elune

Is it white females that don't want Asian men or Asian men that don't want white females?
Old 08-15-2016, 12:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Is it white females that don't want Asian men or Asian men that don't want white females?
Why?
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:07 PM

Eternal

Quote:

3. I'm not sure how in the third table white on white crime only came to 10% because if you actually GO to the link

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ender_2013.xls

Out of 3005 white victims of homicide, 2509 of the offenders were also white. That's about 83.5%

Most crime is intraracial, so arguments about how high 'black on black' crime is are usually worthless once you acknowledge that.

Or am I missing something in this graph?

4. Even assuming this last one is accurate (Which I doubt given that it advocates having black people leave the US), it and most of your other sources ignore that correlation =/= causation and much of the difference in crime level is attributable more to location and economic standing than to race and culture.

Now I'm not saying culture has NOTHING to do with it, but your sources are plainly skewing their material.

Since you're getting into stats, which is my thing...

On #3 there's certain distinctions such as the 409 whites killed by blacks compared to the 189 blacks killed by whites, black on white murder is more than double the white on black murder. That being said the majority of murder is intraracial, as you said.

How high the black on black crime is, is compared to its population size.
The size of the black population in the US is around 13% Despite that the single victim homicide numbers has 2491 murders of 5723 committed by black people, or 43% over represented threefold.

On #4.
This one in particular annoys me, as it completely ignores Latinos.
In crime around 17% is committed by someone of a hispanic/latino heritage. In terms of population proportion it's completely in line with its population, at 2010 it was 16%.

Now you'll never guess what the povery rate is, it's 23.5% down from around 24%.

Black Poverty? Around the same amount, 27% slightly higher but used to be the same.

One would expect to see the larger demographic group with a similiar poverty level to cause more crime but it doesn't. Instead it's right on par with its population percentage.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:26 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Going by dating site stats asian men aren't wanted by anyone as white woman tend to prefer white men and asian women prefer white men as well.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
Why?
Mutters link said white females weren't seeing them as suitable mates.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
Mutters link said white females weren't seeing them as suitable mates.
Do you find them as suitable mates? Your views are reflective of white women everywhere.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-15-2016, 02:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Do you find them as suitable mates? Your views are reflective of white women everywhere.
They can be attractive but that isn't the only thing necessary to be a good mate. It just seemed so clinical in that quote.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:52 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
They can be attractive but that isn't the only thing necessary to be a good mate. It just seemed so clinical in that quote.
From what I remember hearing, it's mostly a cultural issue. Asian men are assumed to be less aggressive and traditionally masculine, in part because of some Asian cultures being more self-effacing.

This tendency probably fades as more Asians are raised by second- and third-generation parents. They grow up with American values and have less influence from Asia.

I look white, so this has not really been an issue I've had to deal with.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 08-15-2016, 04:14 PM

Elune

Quote:
No one cares when you exaggerate.
Murdering cops and rioting in the manner they do is terrorism.

Quote:
ter·ror·ism - the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
It's different, but I'm more skeptical of it than you are. Kids put a lot of social pressure on me back in elementary and middle school. They succeeded, more or less, but it left me somewhat distrustful.

The Klan was started by some Confederate veterans, who mostly wanted to create a social club. But it grew over time, and more and more people used the masks as a means to sow terror. They intimidated, assaulted, and murdered blacks and non-blacks who sympathized with them. They spread well beyond the South in later decades. I stand by my description of the Klan as a degenerate organization.
Everyone has a social pressure to fit in high school and middle school. It's the way growing up is. Most people never grow out of it.

And, yeah, the Klan isn't some beacon of morality or anything like. I was just explaining one of the reasons it existed. The majority of the South who did not own slaved feared for their resources and social status.

Quote:
Yet people seem reluctant to use the term when describing white on black hate crimes.
Dylan Roof is a terrorist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
On #4.
This one in particular annoys me, as it completely ignores Latinos.

Latino crime wasn't tracked until 2013.
Hispanic isn't really a useful term, nor is Latino. Hispanic meaning people coming from Spanish speaking countries and Latino meaning people speaking a Latin-based language in the western hemisphere. We should apply the Spanish terms which make more sense. Mestizo (a person of mixed White European and Amerindian ancestry) and Criollo (a White person with Spanish or European descent born in the Americas) which would put the Criollo just in the white category.

Why Latino doesn't make sense? A Quebecios, a Haitian, a Cuban, and Brazilian are all Latino.
Why Hispanic doesn't make sense? A Cuban, a Mexican, a Dominican, and Colombian are all Hispanic.

Last edited by Mertico; 08-15-2016 at 04:21 PM..
Old 08-15-2016, 04:39 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Why Latino doesn't make sense? A Quebecios, a Haitian, a Cuban, and Brazilian are all Latino.
Why Hispanic doesn't make sense? A Cuban, a Mexican, a Dominican, and Colombian are all Hispanic.
I got kicked out of my college Latino organization for claiming Quebecois were Latino... even though I'm also a quarter Chilean and a quarter Spanish.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I got kicked out of my college Latino organization for claiming Quebecois were Latino... even though I'm also a quarter Chilean and a quarter Spanish.
Sometimes I wonder if you do this on purpose to be edgy.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-15-2016, 05:13 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder if you do this on purpose to be edgy.
No one can be as edgy as you.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:14 PM

Elune

Quote:
Everyone has a social pressure to fit in high school and middle school. It's the way growing up is. Most people never grow out of it.

And, yeah, the Klan isn't some beacon of morality or anything like. I was just explaining one of the reasons it existed. The majority of the South who did not own slaved feared for their resources and social status.
Some of it was bullying, which enforcing social norms too often turns into. One of the reasons law and order must take precedence.

High school was when things got better for me. One thing that helped was that the student body was well over a thousand people, so it meant it was much easier for me to find a niche. Comparative anonymity has its virtues.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 08-15-2016, 05:15 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Quebecois are Latino. They aren't Hispanic. Cajuns are too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
Some of it was bullying, which enforcing social norms too often turns into. One of the reasons law and order must take precedence.

High school was when things got better for me. One thing that helped was that the student body was well over a thousand people, so it meant it was much easier for me to find a niche. Comparative anonymity has its virtues.
Which is why cities are nice sometimes.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Which is why cities are nice sometimes.
Yup, pretty much.

Old 08-15-2016, 05:25 PM

World Builder

Mertico a shooter attacking during a peaceful BLM protest does not count as BLM shooting cops

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 08-15-2016, 05:27 PM

Banished

Keep pretending BLM doesn't push hostility to cops.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
No one can be as edgy as you.
Thanks man.
Quote:
Quote:

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president