Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 03:46 AM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
ToD has Teron'gor as a Shadow Council Warlock. If that contradicts a Warcraft 2 Manual quote, ToD might actually be right in this one case.
The point wasn't what's canon now, so much as what's canon now is worse.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:30 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
i tthink the only thing blizz has mentioned as being a direct inspiration for thrall was thor
Thor has better hair then thrall does in WoD
Old 07-27-2014, 04:54 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
ToD has Teron'gor as a Shadow Council Warlock.
Well, the novel had Teron Gorefiend as a Shadow Council Warlock. I still wonder if he will ever join the Forsaken, led by Sylvan Assbanshee. He could be a loyal servant like Gal Enspectre. Or maybe he'll die and turn renegade like God Freycorpse. Or join up with the Scourge and Kel Thuzadelich.

But seriously, is it Teron'gor or Teron Gor? I know fanon likes to edit the real-lore name of Kul Tiras.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 07-27-2014 at 05:08 AM..
Old 07-27-2014, 05:09 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Well, the novel had Teron Gorefiend as a Shadow Council Warlock. I still wonder if he will ever join the Forsaken, led by Sylv Anasbanshee. He could be a loyal servant like Gal Enspectre. Or maybe he'll die and turn renegade like God Freycorpse. Or join up with the Scourge and Kel Thuzadelich.
Thou mockest it, but gorefiend is hardly the first example of this we've seen. Meryl Winterstorm became Meryl Felstorm, the blood elves got themselves some red and blood related names after the third war, and I doubt that this many forsaken or death knights conveniently happened to have death-related names in life.

Quote:
But seriously, is it Teron'gor or Teron Gor? I know fanon likes to edit the real-lore name of Kul Tiras.
Not just fanon. In the WCIII demo missions, you face the Kul'tiras Marines.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:18 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Not just fanon. In the WCIII demo missions, you face the Kul'tiras Marines.
Oh. That's neat. But every other source I know has Kul Tiras, except for OBaH which splits the difference with "Kul' Tiras" or "Kul 'Tiras", I forget which.

By the way, I edited that post. Her name is Sylvan Assbanshee. I forgot you could add a letter before the ghost-name if you need it to complete a word.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:23 AM

Elune

Quote:
Oh. That's neat. But every other source I know has Kul Tiras, except for OBaH which splits the difference with "Kul' Tiras" or "Kul 'Tiras", I forget which.

By the way, I edited that post. Her name is Sylvan Assbanshee. I forgot you could add a letter before the ghost-name if you need it to complete a word.
If you have TFT installed go to custom campaign to play the demo missions. You meet Sen'jin for the first time and all that.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:03 AM

Echo of the Past

On Draenor we'll see other orc characters in the past, before they had been given a name based on an adult trait. Orgrim'do, Grom'hel, Kargath'bla, Kilrogg'de....
Old 07-27-2014, 11:36 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaelara View Post
You know, it just clicked.

Of COURSE they changed the Alliance capital from Karabor to Ashran.

Because the AU Draenei are neutral, so why the hell would they let the Alliance use their city as a capital?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep.
They are not neutral. They are allied with the Alliance. But remember the AU Draenei would not be able to join the Alliance until a unanimous vote by the leaders/representatives of every Alliance member. Plus, considering the fact that this is an AU, the Alliance likely considers it pointless to make them full members.

Also, it's the exact damn same thing for the AU Frostwolves and the Horde.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:54 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
They are not neutral. They are allied with the Alliance. But remember the AU Draenei would not be able to join the Alliance until a unanimous vote by the leaders/representatives of every Alliance member. Plus, considering the fact that this is an AU, the Alliance likely considers it pointless to make them full members.

Personally I'm not sure if this is the case or not. After all, there were no votes to bring back in the Wildhammers, or Moira's Dark Iron Dwarves. I think if a race joins the Alliance under an existing member-state/nation, then they're grandfathered in. So if the AU Draenei consider MU Velen to be their leader since we lost AU Velen, then they're members of the Alliance as the Wildhammer and Dark Iron Dwarves became members.

Last edited by Vexander; 07-27-2014 at 11:58 AM..
Old 07-27-2014, 12:05 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
Personally I'm not sure if this is the case or not. After all, there were no votes to bring back in the Wildhammers, or Moira's Dark Iron Dwarves. I think if a race joins the Alliance under an existing member-state/nation, then they're grandfathered in. So if the AU Draenei consider MU Velen to be their leader since we lost AU Velen, then they're members of the Alliance as the Wildhammer and Dark Iron Dwarves became members.
We didn't see it, but that does not mean it didn't happen, because we were also told that Gilneas required an unanimous vote as standard procedure.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:06 PM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Quote:
Well, the novel had Teron Gorefiend as a Shadow Council Warlock. I still wonder if he will ever join the Forsaken, led by Sylvan Assbanshee. He could be a loyal servant like Gal Enspectre. Or maybe he'll die and turn renegade like God Freycorpse. Or join up with the Scourge and Kel Thuzadelich.

From what I've seen he just flies off of the platform when he is defeated, but that may just be beta being beta. I hope not though, I want to seen him make the transition into Teron Gorefiend. Was hoping it could be into Taylors body but, I'm a man, I'mused to not getting what I want.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:12 PM

Eternal

Quote:
We didn't see it, but that does not mean it didn't happen, because we were also told that Gilneas required an unanimous vote as standard procedure.
Gilneas wasn't grandfathered in like the Dark Irons and Wildhammers were under the Council of Three Hammers. Gilneas rejoined as its own faction/nation/member-state. If the Night Elves had absorbed the Gilnean remnants into their society, perhaps a vote wouldn't have been necessary. It's honestly hard to say how member-states join or rejoin the Alliance to be honest. We only ever saw Gilneas have to be voted back in, but the list of nations/races which have joined without any shown or referenced vote is quite a bit more than the one example we have of a vote.

Dark Irons
Wildhammers
Blood Elves (potentially)
Dalaran
High Elves
Old 07-27-2014, 12:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
From what I've seen he just flies off of the platform when he is defeated, but that may just be beta being beta. I hope not though, I want to seen him make the transition into Teron Gorefiend. Was hoping it could be into Taylors body but, I'm a man, I'mused to not getting what I want.
Hush you.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:44 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Hush you.
People used Nazgrim for a loot punching bag for several months. I think using taylors corpse as a cleaning rag is fair trade.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:47 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
People used Nazgrim for a loot punching bag for several months. I think using taylors corpse as a cleaning rag is fair trade.
You aren't funny. And your avatar isn't helping either.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:48 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Old 07-27-2014, 12:50 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

TP is probably worse that Xil.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:02 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticCrow View Post
You aren't funny. And your avatar isn't helping either.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
TP is probably worse that Xil.
With Xil gone he is probably the worst poster on Scrolls of Lore.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
You should apply that to yourself next time you enter a religious/political argument.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:20 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Funnily enough, it's probably less cumbersome to join the Horde than the Alliance, given that all one has to do is swear that oath thingy.

... it's also funny that the AU Frostwolves probably wouldn't want to swear on that oath, given how Iron Horde-like it would be.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:26 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Funnily enough, it's probably less cumbersome to join the Horde than the Alliance, given that all one has to do is swear that oath thingy.

... it's also funny that the AU Frostwolves probably wouldn't want to swear on that oath, given how Iron Horde-like it would be.
If you take that Oath seriously I'd say its -far- more cumbersome to join the Horde. At least, if you have anything worthwhile when you join. If you join like the Darkspear or Tauren did (neither having homes or lands), then it's probably ideal. If you join like the Forsaken or Blood Elves did (with established nations, lands, resources, etc...) then you're giving up Sovereignty and everything you have.

There may be hoops to jump through to join the Alliance (hard to say as we only have the vote on -one- joining member and that was a returning member), but its certainly a lot more open and free. You don't swear yourself into slavery.

Actually now I think about it, a Grandfathered Clause to joining the Alliance makes sense. Pandaren players joined the Alliance by becoming citizens of Stormwind. There was no vote to allow Pandaren under Aysa to join.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:43 PM

Elune

Yeah, TP's shitposting got old quick. I prolly disagreed about half the time with him but at least his posts weren't some of the worst bait I've ever seen.

I'm expecting "your mum" jokes soon.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:27 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Yeah, TP's shitposting got old quick. I prolly disagreed about half the time with him but at least his posts weren't some of the worst bait I've ever seen.

I'm expecting "your mum" jokes soon.
now why would I insult someones mother, honestly.. thats just bad form.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:41 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
Actually now I think about it, a Grandfathered Clause to joining the Alliance makes sense. Pandaren players joined the Alliance by becoming citizens of Stormwind. There was no vote to allow Pandaren under Aysa to join.
That could be because each playable Pandaren was a case of an individual Tushui Pandaren joining; had the population of the Wandering Isle as a whole officially joined the Alliance, it probably would've had to go through the voting thing.
Closed Thread

Tags
civil bitching, cleansing of the tags, crushed dreams, kill all factions, orcs are definitely evil, orks, post here if masochist, shattered hopes, the cycle begins anew