Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-11-2017, 05:23 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Silly Nazja, that story happened in the same universe where Medan exists.
So you are saying Medan is the next king of stormwind?
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-11-2017, 06:26 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
Do we? I mean, a golden haired paladin just led the army of the light to victory...
Old 11-11-2017, 06:56 AM

Arch-Druid

I'm not sure what they were thinking with this comic.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:05 AM

Eternal

Anduin and Sylvanas kill each other, and then the murder hobos that are our characters become king of stormwind/warchief of the Horde.

First we were the Commander, then we were the leader of our class. All that's left is the big chair, baby!
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-11-2017, 07:19 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

I've always thought that comic had some weird status in canon, what with it taking place in the reasonably distant future. I don't like the idea of locking the story into any kind of preset trajectory.

Sure, they probably weren't ever going to kill off Anduin or Velen, but if that comic's to be believed, any situation in which they appear immediately sees its stakes disappear, given that we know they're going to pull through.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:25 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

I'd like it to be Vanessa or Moira, but I doubt anyone even cares about the Stonemasons Guild (or whatever it was called) anymore, and Moira isn't pretty or pure enough.

Quote:
Anduin and Sylvanas kill each other, and then the murder hobos that are our characters become king of stormwind/warchief of the Horde.

First we were the Commander, then we were the leader of our class. All that's left is the big chair, baby!
This is more likely than I'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
I've always thought that comic had some weird status in canon, what with it taking place in the reasonably distant future. I don't like the idea of locking the story into any kind of preset trajectory.

Sure, they probably weren't ever going to kill off Anduin or Velen, but if that comic's to be believed, any situation in which they appear immediately sees its stakes disappear, given that we know they're going to pull through.
Any chance of a Stavromula Beta?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:43 AM

Priestess of the Moon

I see two long celebrated trends converging on this one.

1. Shacking up important human characters with High Elves.
2. Turning the Night Elves into discount High Elves.

Maiev Shadowsong is your next queen of Stormwind.

*Runs away and ducks tomatoes.*
Old 11-11-2017, 07:48 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

How foolish. If he doesn't end up as Wrathion's concubine, he'll obviously marry his mentor's adoptive daughter and heir, Yrel.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:49 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
I see two long celebrated trends converging on this one.

1. Shacking up important human characters with High Elves.
2. Turning the Night Elves into discount High Elves.

Maiev Shadowsong is your next queen of Stormwind.

*Runs away and ducks tomatoes.*
If we are using a discount elf to marry off to Anduin, it'll be Shandris. If Tyrande is the ruler, and Shandris is the adoptive daughter...

Edit: obviously we need the Bachelor: Azeroth edition.

Yrel! Tess! Shandris! Vanessa! Moira! Jaina! Sylvanas! who will win the young kings heart and become the next queen of stormwind!

Last edited by Crazyterran; 11-11-2017 at 07:56 AM..
Old 11-11-2017, 08:00 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Well having a non-human leader of the Alliance might even shut Lena up. Points for that.

Whomever is betrothed to Anduin I hope the marriage ceremony occurs outside of the game; I don't want another Thrall/Aggra with sworn enemies gathered to watch or part of a cross faction quest line.
"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."
Charles James Napier
Old 11-11-2017, 08:20 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
I dont think Anduin is going to die. It would be a bit much right after Varian died, and who would lead Stormwind then?
Next to Warlady Jaina he seems to be the only voice of reason in the Alliance (since frankly i have a hard time seeing Velen ACTUALLY consider his people part of the Alliance, seeing how he gives zero fucks about working with the Horde if it gets shit done - which is what things SHOULD be like) so he's going to bite it sooner or later. And all-out war is a likely candidate for that, especially if they kill off someone on the Horde side too.
As for who'd lead Stormwind... i mean, who cares? For all of Vanilla, the Stormwind king was a stock boy-NPC with Bolvar Fordragon being head of that faction in all but name. For quite a while we didn't even know who was leading the Orcs after Thrall died. And who's the Trolls' leader right now? Point is: as long as there's an NPC to kill for the pvp mount, it doesn't matter who leads a capital. My money'd be on Jaina though.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:21 AM

Arch-Druid

I think Vanessa would make for the most interesting romance story. They both have a lot of baggage with each other which would be fun to see them work through. It would work as a nice redemption story for her and would be good see Anduin make up for the mistakes of his father.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:32 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post

I'm more miffed about Army of Light still being a thing 30 years from now.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:13 PM

Eternal

I always liked hi marrying Vanessa VanCleef. It's poetic, even.

Also, they'd make a great pair: while he heals everyone, she saps and assassinates anyone trying to get to him.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:13 PM

Chimaera

Crack? Yrel, because she kinda shares his character theme of "young and slightly insecure chosen of the light" and he's on record about finding Draenei women quite attractive. Or Sylvannas, because it would be ROTFLMAO material to see the ensuing rage.

Realistically, though, Yrel is never going to show up again and Sylvannas is far too gone to care about anyone that isn't herself and, maybe, Nathanos.

By my calculations, Jaina is supposed to be on her late twenties to early forties by now, and she was about the same age as Arthas, who was in turn younger than Calia. Calia's model seem to be rather youthful, though, so maybe they kind of retconned that part specifically with this in mind. She also became a priest out of nowhere...

I wouldn't like to see a Calia pairing, though, because frankly it would be predictable and boring. Same reason I don't want to see Anduin and Tess. The prince and the princess, whose parents/grandparents were brother in arms. Blergh. Not to mention that inevitable succession crisis.

The best option, IMHO, is Lorna Crowley. She's minor nobility, so it would avoid both the "prince and princess" cliche and the "prince and charming commoner girl" one. Plus, she seems to be a warrior, and quite an aggressive one at that, if her appearances in Legion are to be believed, which could be a nice balance for Anduin's more passive and idealistic behavior.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:41 PM

Warden

I still put my money on Blizzard failing to address the issue of succession altogether.

The last time WoW focused on a romantic plot it went over so well with the general public.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:02 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
I still put my money on Blizzard failing to address the issue of succession altogether.

The last time WoW focused on a romantic plot it went over so well with the general public.
Yes, and after they put so much effort into making it so interesting and tasteful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:57 PM

Site Staff - Admin

PvP Symbol - Alliance

Might as well marry Calia Menethil -even though she seems to have abandoned her family name- so that King Anduin can shore-up the Alliance's claim to Lordaeron in Battle for Azeroth. Plus Calia is, you know, human - so she can actually provide heirs unlike many of the other names mentioned here.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:34 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Might as well marry Calia Menethil -even though she seems to have abandoned her family name- so that King Anduin can shore-up the Alliance's claim to Lordaeron in Battle for Azeroth. Plus Calia is, you know, human - so she can actually provide heirs unlike many of the other names mentioned here.
You know that biracial kids exist and that Blizzard has never said X and Y races can’t breed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:40 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
You know that biracial kids exist and that Blizzard has never said X and Y races can’t breed.
Interbreeding... Do you want another Medan? Because that's how you get another Medan.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
Interbreeding... Do you want another Medan? Because that's how you get another Medan.
He’s really not that big of a deal.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:31 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
He’s really not that big of a deal.
For you.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:10 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
We do not speak about Medan, this is a personal and painful matter.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:38 AM

Elune

Quote:
For you.
Objectively when people stop being of triggered.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-13-2017, 09:23 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Yrel and Anduin, making beautiful half breed light laser shooting babies.
I really like this idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
I see Anduin and Genn getting pretty close in BfA; being shoulder to shoulder at war so Anduin potentially marrying Tess isn't so far fetched.
I agree, this is the most likely scenario. And I'm OK with it.

Tags
speculation, warcraft