Old 08-08-2019, 09:28 AM

World Builder

This is evil. ICE is Evil.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 08-08-2019, 02:06 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

If you think that's bad, wait 'til you hear about the christian adoption agency making bank via government contract to steal the children.
Member #14
Old 08-08-2019, 03:28 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
People are allowed to comment on incidentals.
And people are allowed to comment on the comments. Pretty neat how that works, eh?
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:13 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
And people are allowed to comment on the comments. Pretty neat how that works, eh?
Sure, but I don't think it's productive to judge people for commenting on incidentals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:25 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Sure, but I don't think it's productive to judge people for commenting on incidentals.
But is it productive to judge people who judge people for commenting on incidentals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:33 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

So after blocking appointments from the Honorable Barrack Obama for years, the GOP is packing courts and stuffing other offices with their cronies. Do you think the whole "deep state" thing might be another instance of the authoritarian regime's projection?
Member #14
Old 08-08-2019, 08:22 PM

Elune

Quote:
Well the comment was weird, apropos of nothing following a series of posts dealing with some pretty heavy subject matter, so yeah, I support Mutters' response to it. Mutters was literally correct in his assessment that it was not pertinent to the ongoing discussion. I'm not sure why that was the thing you felt a need to jump in and take an issue with, presumably having lurked the thread up to that point.

I'm just curious what bothered you so much about Mutters' response? And why didn't the random, off-topic non sequitur bother you more? Maybe it was judgmental, but it was also an accurate judgment in my estimation. So, Mutters' comment was unproductive, but the one he is responding somehow wasn't? It's just weird and I am confused by your response here.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.

Last edited by Saranus; 08-08-2019 at 08:29 PM..
Old 08-08-2019, 10:40 PM

World Builder

On a more productive note, why were the Republicans able to block so many judges under Obama but Democrats don't seem able to block all of Trump's appointees?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 08-09-2019, 01:46 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
On a more productive note, why were the Republicans able to block so many judges under Obama but Democrats don't seem able to block all of Trump's appointees?
Maybe for on the fence voters as a campaign technique? Republicans blocked to make themselves look strong that in their eyes they were stopping his last chance to put more Dems in power before he left the office for good. And if they tried that now, with Trump up for reelection, they would be called hypocrites in the coming debates/rallies for attempting to do the same thing and block when Trump technically isn't out of the office for good with a chance to stay supposedly making his current appointments more "valid".

Can you imagine the shitstorm that would occur if Dems went as hard as Republicans did to Obama? That would be a key talking point to try to sway voters that don't yet hate Trump and would still consider voting for him.

After the whole Kavanaugh debacle, they are probably keeping any such measure low-key to not seem petty as if they were just lashing out at anyone he attempts to appoint, unless for strong and legitimate good reason. For example, Ratcliffe last week, completely unqualified, and was called out for it. Trump eventually withdrew him knowing he had overstretched. Someone else will be selected, that won't be such an obvious nonchoice, but watch that it won't be pushed as hard.

Last edited by Ardeiute; 08-09-2019 at 01:58 AM..
Old 08-09-2019, 04:24 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Well the comment was weird, apropos of nothing following a series of posts dealing with some pretty heavy subject matter, so yeah, I support Mutters' response to it. Mutters was literally correct in his assessment that it was not pertinent to the ongoing discussion. I'm not sure why that was the thing you felt a need to jump in and take an issue with, presumably having lurked the thread up to that point.

I'm just curious what bothered you so much about Mutters' response? And why didn't the random, off-topic non sequitur bother you more? Maybe it was judgmental, but it was also an accurate judgment in my estimation. So, Mutters' comment was unproductive, but the one he is responding somehow wasn't? It's just weird and I am confused by your response here.
A post doesn't necessarily HAVE to be pertinent to the last post before it. The people having a discussion at one point in time don't own the thread.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:31 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
A post doesn't necessarily HAVE to be pertinent to the last post before it. The people having a discussion at one point in time don't own the thread.
Yes, I understand that, and I scrolled past the post without saying anything. So it's not the post that confused me, it was the response to the response. What you said here also applies to Mutters' response, doesn't it?

Apparently, it doesn't necessarily HAVE to be pertinent to the last post before it, unless it's someone questioning the pertinence of the previous post, then it's fair game.

Quote:
This is simple. The Senate. Republicans have had the Senate since 2010. The Senate has to approve judicial appointments. So from 2010-2016, the Republican controlled Senate just blocked all the appointments as hard as they could. Now that same Republican controlled Senate has a Republican president appointing conservative judges, they grease the slide and ram them through as fast as possible. Democrats don't have the political ability to block the appointments because they don't have a majority in the Senate. This is why Senate races are crucial, and people never care, especially on a presidential election cycle.

Last edited by Saranus; 08-09-2019 at 09:44 AM..
Old 08-09-2019, 10:24 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Yes, I understand that, and I scrolled past the post without saying anything. So it's not the post that confused me, it was the response to the response. What you said here also applies to Mutters' response, doesn't it?

Apparently, it doesn't necessarily HAVE to be pertinent to the last post before it, unless it's someone questioning the pertinence of the previous post, then it's fair game.
Yes, it's about Mutter's response. Nonane's post wasn't pertinent with what you guys were talking about but it was still technically related to american politics, even if it was about how a certain politician looks. Not really something to exercise the brain but it still belongs here and I don't think it's anyone's business to say or imply that he shouldn't have posted what he did.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:07 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Somebody should take a shot every time pertinent is used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:18 AM

Elune

You guys take this far too seriously:

Old 08-10-2019, 04:20 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
You guys take this far too seriously:
I don't understand how you can joke about it tbh

My Worldbuilding:
Old 08-10-2019, 06:32 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Joke about what, though? Ted Cruz looking like Ben Affleck? Or the Zodiac Killer?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-10-2019, 10:56 PM

Elune

Quote:
It's a rhetorical hand grenade, thrown into conversation to make chaos, to distract and interrupt a substantive analysis. (Such as it is in a place like this)

Edit: with the built-in plausible deniability of: "It's just memes, bro. Why are you being so serious? LMAO!"

Last edited by Saranus; 08-10-2019 at 11:53 PM..
Old 08-10-2019, 11:58 PM

Problemsolver

So Mr. Real-life Eyes Wide Shut Kiddy Sex Slavemaster, what's the deal with him? Suicide or "suicide"?
Old 08-11-2019, 12:50 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
So Mr. Real-life Eyes Wide Shut Kiddy Sex Slavemaster, what's the deal with him? Suicide or "suicide"?
While it's PHYSICALLY possible they were stupid enough to leave him alone after the first attempt, it'd be STAGGERINGLY incompetent, it strains belief with a case THIS incredibly public and high profile.

I can't imagine how ANYONE in charge of him would have him left alone at any point, it seems obvious to have him watched by multiple people at all times since he was going to testify.

I cannot imagine any way he died without some kind of massive fuckup or corruption facilitating his death to keep him from testifying about others in power.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 08-11-2019, 04:08 AM

Arch-Druid

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...icide-n1041121

He was not under suicide watch anymore.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:41 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post

No one here said he was on suicide watch.

However, it is ridiculous and outrageous that he was taken off suicide watch just a few weeks after a failed attempt. He should have been on 24/7 surveillance up to and through the trial. This stinks to high heaven. I'm not even a conspiracy theory guy. I think we landed on the moon and bin Laden did 9/11.

I don't believe for one picosecond that the DoJ investigation into his death will be anything other than AG Barr running interference. Barr's dad, Donald Barr made Epstien's career. Gave him a job as a math teacher at an elite boarding school with 0 credentials back in the mid 70s when Epstein was only 21.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...dalton-school/

Last edited by Saranus; 08-11-2019 at 08:45 AM..
Old 08-11-2019, 11:48 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post

Yeah the question is... why wasn't he!?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 08-11-2019, 12:05 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
It's a rhetorical hand grenade, thrown into conversation to make chaos, to distract and interrupt a substantive analysis. (Such as it is in a place like this)
A hand grenade? Don't be ridiculous! There's literally no reason to get so worked up about an innocuous non sequitur. Sky is welcome to think it's irrelevant, and even that it distracts from the gravitas of the situation, but acting like it's some insidious plot to piss you off is absurd, makes you look absurd, and makes your associated ideals look absurd by proxy. That's my point. Don't make a big fucking deal about nothing. There are plenty of big fucking deals to make big fucking deals about already.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-11-2019, 01:46 PM

Elune

Quote:
A hand grenade? Don't be ridiculous! There's literally no reason to get so worked up about an innocuous non sequitur. Sky is welcome to think it's irrelevant, and even that it distracts from the gravitas of the situation, but acting like it's some insidious plot to piss you off is absurd, makes you look absurd, and makes your associated ideals look absurd by proxy. That's my point. Don't make a big fucking deal about nothing. There are plenty of big fucking deals to make big fucking deals about already.
A rhetorical hand grenade. I'm really not pissed off as much as I am disappointed. Especially by your defense of this nonsense. And if my reaction is enough to turn someone off to certain ideals, then frankly I don't think they really believed in them that much to begin with, so it's no skin off my back.

Anyway, I've been ready to talk about something more important than this if you are..

Last edited by Saranus; 08-11-2019 at 01:51 PM..
Old 08-11-2019, 03:17 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
And if my reaction is enough to turn someone off to certain ideals, then frankly I don't think they really believed in them that much to begin with, so it's no skin off my back.
I really hate this argument. There are more people who will believe what those they respect tell them than there are who will believe what is 'objectively right', and saying it's okay to piss off the masses because they don't REALLY believe in your cause makes things worse!
Quote:
Quote:

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president