Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-11-2013, 09:03 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Ogre Predict Plotlines for Warlords

We have some directions for this story to go. What do you see coming? What do you want to see?

Some thoughts:

During the Gorgorond content, I want to see us unite the star-crossed lovers: Griselda, Daughter of Blackhand, and Turok the Ogre. Find them a nice home with the Mok'Nathal. They got slaughtered in Warcraft Orcs and Humans. I'd like to see them make it this time.

At least one of the Content patches should focus on the threat of the Ogre Empire, trying to sieze on the broken momentum of the Iron Horde. The Horde will immediately see them as a problem and fight them. The Ogres might send an envoy to the Alliance, tempting them with an alliance to stop the Iron Horde once and for all, only to have the treacherous Mogor stab them in the back with his Laughing Skull Pirates. Or have Mogor and his Orc Slave crew betray the empire and help you.

Anyone else have any thoughts or desires for what's to come?
Old 11-11-2013, 09:06 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

What I think is you're making an awful lot of threads lately for conversations naturally occurring in other threads.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:08 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
What I think is you're making an awful lot of threads lately for conversations naturally occurring in other threads.
This but I didn't want to be a dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:21 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
If you think a threads are unneeded then let them get buried. Posting only brings them up to the top. Vote with your keyboard. Threads that you post in will be elevated. I'm not one to bump a thread. Wasting time posting this acts contrary to your words. I obviously think it is worth its own thread, otherwise I wouldn't have made it. But if the thread dies after the first post then that's that.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:04 AM

Arch-Druid

Basically, the same as before.

Blackhand will get killed, Doomhammer will rise in his place and end up killing someone the Alliance likes, only to lose after Gul'dan fucks something up for him.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:06 AM

The Digger

Thrall has to grapple with the difficulties of time travel as, after a show of great shamanic prowess, Draka tries to leave Durotan for him. Wacky hijinks ensue.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:12 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
Basically, the same as before.

Blackhand will get killed, Doomhammer will rise in his place and end up killing someone the Alliance likes, only to lose after Gul'dan fucks something up for him.
Except why would Orgrimm work with Gul'Dan? I can see Blackhand maybe colluding with Gul'Dan. They had an excellent working relationship in the MU, and I wouldn't put it past Blackhand to be plotting to try a coup for leadership of the Iron Horde with Gul'Dan's support. I imagine Doomhammer will probably put an end to it though.

I anticipate a civil war within the Iron Horde once we break their momentum at the Portal and at Karabor. With any luck the Horde can pick up some of the pieces.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:13 AM

Elune

I fully expect something like this at the end:

"Returning home? Farewell, Thrall. I'm proud to call you my son."
"What?! How long have you..."
"Oh, I've known for a while."

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:24 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
I fully expect something like this at the end:

"Returning home? Farewell, Thrall. I'm proud to call you my son."
"What?! How long have you..."
"Oh, I've known for a while."
I mean, everybody addresses you as "Thrall, son of Durotan". It wasn't that hard to figure it out.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:40 PM

Eternal

You know, say what you will about MoP, but it did do a lot to bring things home. During all that time in Pandaland, we still had time for things like Dwarven Politics, Dalaran officially going Alliance, and rebellions in Durotar.

Of course, MoP needed that. It was so unlike anything that had ever been in Warcraft it would have lost all relevance had we not gone back home once in a while.

I wonder if Warlords also needs this, or if the entirety of the expansions content can happen on another world. Draenor doesn't suffer from Pandalands problem of being completely removed from the rest of the World (of Warcraft). It has familiar faces (albeit with some surprising spins on them).

So, will we/should we ever be returning to Azeroth for anything we're doing with the Warlords? I know we're stranding ourselves the first time, but that won't last forever.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 11-11-2013 at 12:46 PM..
Old 11-11-2013, 12:49 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Thrall has to grapple with the difficulties of time travel as, after a show of great shamanic prowess, Draka tries to leave Durotan for him. Wacky hijinks ensue.
I expect that we'll also see Thrall being responsible for the creation of 10 Level Tauren Chieftain after he plays an inspiring metal rock number that's overheard by Samuro's cousin Marvin'gar.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:52 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Marvin'gar + Samuro = Gay Samurai, according to google.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:14 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
I mean, everybody addresses you as "Thrall, son of Durotan". It wasn't that hard to figure it out.
Don't you mean Go'el, because that's going to be layed in extra thick.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:13 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Except why would Orgrimm work with Gul'Dan?
He might not work *with* him, but get fucked over *by* him.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:17 PM

Demon Hunter

6.1 Ogre continent new dailies maybe some pvp
6.2 Rise of Gul'Dans ploy New Raid stopping him and Kil'Jaden
6.3 Ol' Netherstorm island released
6.4 Time Dragon Raid stopping his plan Final Raid.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:49 PM

Warden
BattleTag: Namica#1257

How I see the first two content patches working:

Since we enter the continent as, essentialyl a suicide mission. We don't have much of either forces: essentially Thrall and his lot and Maraad and his own. So:

6.1 small content patch with the first wave of Alliance and Horde forces coming in. Vol'Jin and Varian are the focus here, and each of them have a questline dealing with another Warlord: Most likely Varian and Gul'dan for nostalgia reasons (humans vs demon orcs), Vol'Jin and Kargath, since they are both rather shadow-e.

6.2 Ogre Kingdoms patch and raid, likely with Cairne and Dwarves, because I think that would be awesome, and I can see the Dwarves getting pissy with Tauren for reasons. A patch that will kindle some fighting between Alliance and Tauren, and give blizz reason to implement a new BG.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:51 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Grunt

Orgrim shanks Blackhand in the Foundry raid.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:51 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Saurfang takes over the Blackrock Clan after its chieftain (Blackhand? They all look the same) bites the dust at player hands, and then becomes a neutral questgiver who doesn't do much of anything. Probably joins Durotan, too.

Yrel, Akama, Maraad, or Nobundo will die, because that's how Blizz rolls.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:54 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I'd say that Farahlon is the first new landmass we'll get, seeing as it's already part of the map. The ogre's continent is something I'd expect to see in an expansion, but I doubt that we won't get to fight some ogre invaders.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:56 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Gul'dan's going to stab everyone in the back, I know that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:58 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
Gul'dan's going to stab everyone in the back, I know that much.
And I am ok with that. If somehow Universe B Gul'dan gets out into our universe for future expansion havoc I would be totally happy with that.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:03 PM

The Digger

Much as I don't want to see time travel revivals becoming the norm, if anyone could pull that off it'd be good ol' Gully-D.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:50 PM

World Builder

Runes

Kargath discovers that the Iron Horde was never meant to exist, and this goes so deeply against the fatalistic notions of his clan that he breaks from the Iron Horde.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-11-2013, 07:08 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Pro tip: Unless your feeble mind cannot handle multiple threads, the database is fine with multiple threads. In fact, I could make a case it's better not to have obnoxiously huge threads on a single topic.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:14 PM

Eternal

Orc Icon (War3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
Kargath discovers that the Iron Horde was never meant to exist, and this goes so deeply against the fatalistic notions of his clan that he breaks from the Iron Horde.
I think you mean Kilrogg, and I approve.

Tags
horde fall into lava, kar gaht is evul, not our draenor, storytelling, time fell into lava, warlocks of draenor, wow