Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 03-06-2018, 12:09 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
No Noitora that was MoP.

And nightborne are the answer to horde night elves.
This is what happens when you people won't shut up about WoD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:46 PM

Elune

Zandalari druid "cat" form is out, its a dino as expected. Looks kinda awkward, I feel, but it may be due to its rigid form right now and no motion.

I'd post an image but its a wide fucker.

Azerite powers are in too, at least partly.

edit: And an aqir is in, too, apparently. Looks like a more spiky kunchong with the face of one of those cthulhu faceless priests.

edit: Alliance get Renzik (that goblin with SI:7) as a follower. Neat.

Last edited by Arakiba; 03-06-2018 at 04:56 PM..
Old 03-06-2018, 05:49 PM

Critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Zandalari druid "cat" form is out, its a dino as expected. Looks kinda awkward, I feel, but it may be due to its rigid form right now and no motion.

I'd post an image but its a wide fucker.

Azerite powers are in too, at least partly.

edit: And an aqir is in, too, apparently. Looks like a more spiky kunchong with the face of one of those cthulhu faceless priests.

edit: Alliance get Renzik (that goblin with SI:7) as a follower. Neat.
I think the cat form is based on a Postosuchus

Just imagine it with large spikes on it's back and the standard troll tusks and it makes a pretty good match
Old 03-07-2018, 02:19 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Anyone else get the feeling they should swap Cat and Travel Form? Raptor as feral form is a complete nobrainer and this thing actually LOOKS more like a travel form. Wonder if they'll do that. Only reasons i can think of for doing it this way are keeping the theme of arm-based attacks instead of leg-based ones, and the precendent of the Shaman Raptor Glyph, but both are a bit flimsy...

aestetically i don't particularly like the travel form but that's, like, 1 out of all of them so far. They really knocked the Zandalari out the park.

Edit: i'm not supermegahappy with the upright Orcs, i think they're still waaaay too hunched with the neck. But as a COMPROMISE i think this works beautifully, and i honestly didn't notice it on the Saurfang model before i saw the unarmored one, so i'll probably be a happy camper playing one with actual armor on. More or less Well Done, Blizzard Guy, and it only took well over a decade. I'm already planning which alt'll be racechanged into an Orc; i'm probably not levelling one, their heritage armor looks hideous. Maybe the shaman, now that my main is a Panda too.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 03-07-2018 at 06:09 AM..
Old 03-07-2018, 06:47 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Anyone else get the feeling they should swap Cat and Travel Form? Raptor as feral form is a complete nobrainer and this thing actually LOOKS more like a travel form. Wonder if they'll do that. Only reasons i can think of for doing it this way are keeping the theme of arm-based attacks instead of leg-based ones, and the precendent of the Shaman Raptor Glyph, but both are a bit flimsy...
I'm betting the reason Zandalari Bearosaurs and Catosaurs are both modelledclosely to the originals and are clearly attached to the original skeletons is to preserve the new animations they did for them in Legion. This is more evident in them designing a completely new form for the bear instead of just using a Direhorn like all the previous Dinomancers did. Would have worked perfectly as a tank form. Not that i'm complaining about the half turtle, half ankylosaurus we got.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:42 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Time for a brief comment on this:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=282478/b...-text-spoilers

Specifically:

Quote:
Ah-- there you are. I was beginning to wonder.
I require the service of what appears to be a rarity-- someone I can trust completely.
Certain members of the Horde seem to feel my recent actions have been... indiscriminate.
But I understand precision very well.
To win this war, the Horde needs allies.
The boy king has something that does not belong to him. I want it back.
You are to infiltrate Stormwind and liberate a political prisoner who could completely change the course of the war-- in our favor.
Are you up to the task?
As I read this, I see a pretty clear confirmation that the Burning of Teldrassil is causing controversy within the Horde. That's been lurking under the surface for a while, you could say we already "knew" that, but this at least in my mind appears to confirm it.

Several questions and concerns from this follow.

1. I still question how effective this is supposed to be. Night Elves are one of the most unsympathetically portrayed races in the game. Especially after how the Nightborne were introduced to the Horde, why should a Horde player feel as though anything of value is being lost? Why is this a controversy?

To the person who says "because it's genocide", please explain, with the consideration that substantially all of Azeroth's wars cut along racial lines: 1) why that concern is never applied to other sentient races, like Harpies or Quillboars that both factions would visit that treatment upon in a heartbeat, 2) when either faction has ever taken prisoners without intent to mistreat them in some fashion, 3) when either faction has taken territory and subsequently ruled over conquered civilians instead of killing them or forcing them to flee, and/or 4) when either faction has offered or accepted an offer for peaceful surrender.

Genocide in Warcraft, as horrible as genocide is, is mundane and everyone does it unless and until sympathy is a factor, which loops us back to my earlier question for those who would present a general distaste for it as a reason for the controversy.

2. We saw this movie before, didn't we? Sylvanas is actually caring to defend her actions, sure, but this looks like a scene for scene reshoot of the Garrosh experience.

3. While the Azerite conflict can technically be called a catalyst, we know that Teldrassil riles the Alliance into attacking the Horde at Lordaeron. The return of the "Horde acts, Alliance reacts" model was well heralded already, but it looks as though the "it's the Horde's story, the Alliance are just in it" matter is back as well.

On the last two, yes, I know we had indications of this already, but the confirmation that prior writing trends are being rolled forward is, I think, of interest if we are trying to predict what will happen next.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:44 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
I'm betting the reason Zandalari Bearosaurs and Catosaurs are both modelledclosely to the originals and are clearly attached to the original skeletons is to preserve the new animations they did for them in Legion. This is more evident in them designing a completely new form for the bear instead of just using a Direhorn like all the previous Dinomancers did. Would have worked perfectly as a tank form.
Yeah, that was my thinking as well. Still, though, they seem backwards to me ^^

Quote:
Not that i'm complaining about the half turtle, half ankylosaurus we got.
I looooove that thing. But i actually don't think there's much dinosaur in there. If you take a look at Warcraft's Dragon Turtles you'll see A LOT of similarities to the new "Bear" Form; in fact if you took a Dragon Turtle, slaved it to a Bear Skeleton and added some unnecessary spikes as bling this monstrosity is exactly what you'd get. Of note is the very short tail and the moderate to severe lack of a complete shell Dragon Turtles (and even some variations of the regular Tortoises and Turtles in WoW) sport. I know there's a species of Ankylosaurs floating around that's supposedly a perfect fit but with the lack of any such dinosaurs in Zandalar (to my knowledge, at least), the precedent of the Warcraft universe's turtle emporium and the fact that there's a giant ass turtle loa around (or several; to be honest i have no idea if a loa is different from a wild god or beast or whatever Tortolla is) i would argue that the resemblense is a coincidence. I don't mind either way, to me it screams TortureTurtle one way or another, but if it IS based on Ankylosaurs... uh... where are they? (Same question towards whatever the hell the travel form is based on.)
Old 03-07-2018, 11:06 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Here's something really weird I was just informed of on Twitter. You know that ethereal you can see on a distant island in the starting zone version of Telogrus Rift, Shadreen? She shows up somewhere else:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowgirlgamer18
I have found something weird about this figure in the trial of style, as of recently. I have discovered that on a rare occasion, if you stay behind, the two announcers will walk to an entrance that is blocked off and speak to him. the following lines are:

Shadreen says: Have you gathered the information I require?
Nastasia Flairwatcher says: Yes, here are the results.
Shadreen says: ...you have done well. My master shall be pleased to see this.

then they proceed to fade away as if nothing ever happened. I don't know what caused this event to trigger, but it did. It seemed very odd and out of place.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:57 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Here's something really weird I was just informed of on Twitter. You know that ethereal you can see on a distant island in the starting zone version of Telogrus Rift, Shadreen? She shows up somewhere else:
I think it's just Blizzard having fun and teasing us.

But, if you want a conspiracy, I need to remember that transmog NPCs are mostly ethereals, so he may be spying on rivals, perhaps?

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 03-07-2018, 03:54 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Mag'har BTFO
Iron Horde won.

Suck it nerds.

Also straight orc (orcs without pride)

have custom bow animations (hunter now /bow), indicating they will get custom animations as opposed to saurfang.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:10 PM

Eternal

Thumbs down

The recent Zandalari developments have made me confirm my love for troll races (perhaps with the exception of the Gurubashi and Farraki), so much that I have already planned to level a Zandalari. Originally I planned for him to be a shaman, but the druid models have changed my mind. Instead, I'll boost a troll shaman to 110 (since I also have don't have a 110 Horde-alligned to on yet), and level a Zandalari druid.

The name of the troll is Ktchutla, and the Zandalari will be Quetztchatl.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I think it's just Blizzard having fun and teasing us.

But, if you want a conspiracy, I need to remember that transmog NPCs are mostly ethereals, so he may be spying on rivals, perhaps?
Speaking of those ethereals, remember that Blizzard had a worgen rogue in the Alliance shrine in MoP talk about them:

We openly deal with the ethereal, ignorant of their true intentions. Could we be aiding in the preparation of our own demise?

(NPC is Eric Thibeau, if you're curious)
Old 03-08-2018, 06:05 PM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
Time for a brief comment on this:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=282478/b...-text-spoilers

Specifically:

As I read this, I see a pretty clear confirmation that the Burning of Teldrassil is causing controversy within the Horde. That's been lurking under the surface for a while, you could say we already "knew" that, but this at least in my mind appears to confirm it.

Several questions and concerns from this follow.

1. I still question how effective this is supposed to be. Night Elves are one of the most unsympathetically portrayed races in the game. Especially after how the Nightborne were introduced to the Horde, why should a Horde player feel as though anything of value is being lost? Why is this a controversy?

To the person who says "because it's genocide", please explain, with the consideration that substantially all of Azeroth's wars cut along racial lines: 1) why that concern is never applied to other sentient races, like Harpies or Quillboars that both factions would visit that treatment upon in a heartbeat, 2) when either faction has ever taken prisoners without intent to mistreat them in some fashion, 3) when either faction has taken territory and subsequently ruled over conquered civilians instead of killing them or forcing them to flee, and/or 4) when either faction has offered or accepted an offer for peaceful surrender.

Genocide in Warcraft, as horrible as genocide is, is mundane and everyone does it unless and until sympathy is a factor, which loops us back to my earlier question for those who would present a general distaste for it as a reason for the controversy.

2. We saw this movie before, didn't we? Sylvanas is actually caring to defend her actions, sure, but this looks like a scene for scene reshoot of the Garrosh experience.

3. While the Azerite conflict can technically be called a catalyst, we know that Teldrassil riles the Alliance into attacking the Horde at Lordaeron. The return of the "Horde acts, Alliance reacts" model was well heralded already, but it looks as though the "it's the Horde's story, the Alliance are just in it" matter is back as well.

On the last two, yes, I know we had indications of this already, but the confirmation that prior writing trends are being rolled forward is, I think, of interest if we are trying to predict what will happen next.
While it could be because Teldrassil is a world tree in the cleansing of which Hamuul for example helped and he may be very angry that it got burned down, and Baine would probably listen to him, there are some instances where people have advocated against harming civilians and even one instance where prisoners of war are being returned (largely) unharmed.

Saurfang for example has told Garrosh in Warsong Hold how the killing of children haunts him to that very day and he wants to avoid it. In the same place, I think in the same conversation even, he tells Garrosh why he wants those PoW to be returned to the Alliance. These prisoners are scum in his eyes, because they are actually traitors (or deserters?) but he wants to leave it to the Alliance to jugde them. You get the quest to meet an Alliance official and hand them to him.

I think the most outspoken against the burning of Teldrassil would be Saurfang and Baine, maybe some of the troll druids too. There are not only nightelves living on Teldrassil, but also ancients and whisps. We also don't know yet if burning Teldrassil doesn't harm the world further and cause another wound. I don't think any druid or shaman can think this a good thing.

If you want an Alliance example against killing civilians I have only General Hawthorne to offer, Jaina formerly and now ofc Anduin.

Wiping out quillboar and harpies with nests and eggs and all is nothing I'd defend and I do hope there will be something more with Aviana, like with her quest in Highmountain now, where she sends you to show the world you can't kill her children without paying a price for it.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:17 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Speaking of those ethereals, remember that Blizzard had a worgen rogue in the Alliance shrine in MoP talk about them:

We openly deal with the ethereal, ignorant of their true intentions. Could we be aiding in the preparation of our own demise?

(NPC is Eric Thibeau, if you're curious)
Haha, never noticed that.

Cool little detail!

Old 03-08-2018, 10:50 PM

Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
The name of the troll is Ktchutla, and the Zandalari will be Quetztchatl.
My zandrool's name will be 'Cuzko' :p
I was pleasantly surprised to find out it was still available on my server.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:49 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
While it could be because Teldrassil is a world tree in the cleansing of which Hamuul for example helped and he may be very angry that it got burned down, and Baine would probably listen to him, there are some instances where people have advocated against harming civilians and even one instance where prisoners of war are being returned (largely) unharmed.

Saurfang for example has told Garrosh in Warsong Hold how the killing of children haunts him to that very day and he wants to avoid it. In the same place, I think in the same conversation even, he tells Garrosh why he wants those PoW to be returned to the Alliance. These prisoners are scum in his eyes, because they are actually traitors (or deserters?) but he wants to leave it to the Alliance to jugde them. You get the quest to meet an Alliance official and hand them to him.

I think the most outspoken against the burning of Teldrassil would be Saurfang and Baine, maybe some of the troll druids too. There are not only nightelves living on Teldrassil, but also ancients and whisps. We also don't know yet if burning Teldrassil doesn't harm the world further and cause another wound. I don't think any druid or shaman can think this a good thing.

If you want an Alliance example against killing civilians I have only General Hawthorne to offer, Jaina formerly and now ofc Anduin.

Wiping out quillboar and harpies with nests and eggs and all is nothing I'd defend and I do hope there will be something more with Aviana, like with her quest in Highmountain now, where she sends you to show the world you can't kill her children without paying a price for it.
A couple of points on this:

The minor one first: Taurajo is an example of mercy, but it is also telling to me that the Alliance could not envision themselves occupying the town and ruling over the inhabitants as a normal conqueror might. Instead there was a gap left in the lines for them to escape through, and if you've ever read The Art of War, you could read that with some very different implications.

Hawthorne DOES give off a sort of moralism that we don't often see, perhaps he allowed the escape rather than attempting to rule a conquered population because of constraints set upon him by the Alliance. We see how they react to that act of mercy, certainly.

The other thing I'm pointing out isn't necessarily tied to specific characters. I would expect Saurfang to have an issue with it, sure, he is specifically portrayed to have a general problem with genocide, but what about your average Horde player? Why should your average Horde player share his indignation and buy into this as a controversy when the target is who it is?

In reply to the coming appeal to modern sensibilities: I am not convinced that you can lift the values of the average Westerner from the values embodied by the postwar international system. I am hesitant to elaborate on that in this thread in particular, but I would reject that claim if advanced.

Last edited by Kyalin V. Raintree; 03-09-2018 at 06:53 AM..
Old 03-09-2018, 08:05 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
The other thing I'm pointing out isn't necessarily tied to specific characters. I would expect Saurfang to have an issue with it, sure, he is specifically portrayed to have a general problem with genocide, but what about your average Horde player? Why should your average Horde player share his indignation and buy into this as a controversy when the target is who it is?
Average orc would be thrilled. Maybe even a lot of tauren would approve. Bias, hatred, prejudice, personal matters, fear: common people often do not have the full picture of what is happening.

Even in the modern world, there's no shortage of people who would love to see some enemy country be nuked once and for all.

Leaders are the ones that often need to consider the full picture.

Sylvanas' actions may make her unpopular with some leaders, but the Horde would still back her up.

Garrosh's mistake was that, in order to fulfill his plans as quickly as possible, he started to push the Horde against itself, thus making everyone see him as the problem.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:58 AM

Critter

I have an enquiry for anyone with alpha access. Can Feral and Guardian druids finally equip off hand daggers/fist-weapons, or are we being forced to go back to polearms and staves :/

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:56 PM

Arch-Druid

http://www.wowhead.com/object=266152...-note#comments

I was wandering Stormwind when I found, just outside the town, a hidden cache of equipment with the Horde symbol. WIth it, there was this note.

Anyone has any knowledge about it? WoWHead says it was added in 7.1.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:39 PM

Arch-Druid

Nightborne and blood elves base in Zuldazar!!
I'm very happy! This was one of the things I wanted to see! shaldorei and sindorei working together sharing the same place!
I like so much to see that friendship continues to grow among the elves!

Old 03-11-2018, 07:53 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

I love the construct with the palm frond.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I love the construct with the palm frond.
It's great to see that Blizz remembered that they are part of the nightborne culture!
Old 03-12-2018, 06:20 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Nice to see more Nightborne stuff. Sad that there still doesn't appear to be any Void Elf stuff that helps make them look like anything beyond an afterthought.

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 03-12-2018 at 06:26 AM..
Old 03-12-2018, 06:31 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Nice to see more Nightborne stuff. Sad that there still doesn't appear to be any Void Elf stuff that helps make them look like anything beyond an afterthought.
I thought the nightborne have little experience in archeology and are very proud as to dirty their hands collecting relics, the blood elves are teaching them how to do the work and I love that!
and although the base is nightborne, those who direct the operation are blood elves of the reliquary! Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher's daughter is in charge
The Bloodwatcher Legacy
Help Examiner Tae'shara Bloodwatcher recover a Xibalan fossil.
Description
Greetings, <name>.

I have been sent on behalf of my father, High Examiner Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher, to oversee the extraction of all fossils, relics, and artifacts from this area.

My sources inform me that an object that could advance the Horde's cause may be buried beneath this very site.

I will require your help extracting it. You see, these nightborne are not precisely good with their hands. Nor do they enjoy getting dirty.

Could you be a dear and set a good example?
http://bfa.wowhead.com/quest=47329/t...watcher-legacy
Old 03-12-2018, 06:40 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I think the Dark Irons and Explorer's League are meant to be their counterpart, which makes me hope the Thorium Brotherhood join the Alliance to make up for Horde getting the entirety of the Nightfallen.

Aside from that, I would honestly think that since Blood Elves are archaeologists that Void Elves would have that intrigue as well since they are former Blood Elves, and their interest in forbidden knowledge would lead them to extend that to archaeological pursuits and would not seem out of place to see them working with Dark Irons. At the moment they don't seem to be showcased as having anything they provide to the Alliance, so giving them some kind of role would help them get more use.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft