Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251  
Old 03-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Volkrin Volkrin is offline

The Digger
Volkrin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 9,019

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
In all seriousness I seriously regret learning to make Turkish coffee. It's incredibly strong (honestly, it's almost like a coffee-pudding) and for the past 15 minutes I've felt like my ribcage is losing a fight with my heart.
Sooo... how is it made?
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 03-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Lord Eliphas Lord Eliphas is offline

Eternal
Lord Eliphas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Eye of Terror
Posts: 4,639

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
Civ IV would probably be the better version.
I have Civ IV.
__________________
"Yeah, a sheltered and overly idealistic son of an absolutist monarch, set to inherit the whole nation and continue to rule it as an autocrat.

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 03-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Sooo... how is it made?

Use incredibly finely ground, incredibly concentrated coffee grounds and plenty of sugar, immerse them in simmering but not boiling water for long enough for the liquid to take a uniform color and consistency, then you add cold water and serve, I typically also grind up some pistachio nuts and add them after the cold water for extra taste.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 03-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Mark_Romaneck Mark_Romaneck is offline

Eternal
Mark_Romaneck's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mexico, Jalisco, Guadalajara
Posts: 3,527

Default

Had to chose the dire choices

a) convert to her nutjob religion that I told her from day one that no way in hell id be part off, and have her stay

b) see her go, and break up thereoff to michoacan a kinda insecure place (by mexican standards even)

Its gona be B, no doubt about that, I like her, if I have ever loved someone i think it is her... but fuck I knew shit would not be simple, I can take this breakup thing, im emotionally scarred but how well will she take it? a woman i broke off once made a suicide shortly afterwards (shortly being 3 months after the fact) it has always left me with a ghost.

Feels bad, feels terrible but im certain she will be fine

Right?
__________________
Quote:
Megatron: You've forgotten something else: I am your prisoner. I've been granted conditional bail while we look for the Knights of Cybertron. Where in my bail terms does it say—where precisely does it say—that I have to risk my life to save a handful of strangers? Where does it say that?

Skids taps Megatron's Autobot badge.

Skids: Right. There. What does that badge even mean to you? How has wearing it forced you to modify your behaviour? I'm serious! How has being an Autobot in any way prevented you from doing exactly what you want? Because if the answer is "it hasn't"—then nothing you've said or done in the last six months counts for anything.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 03-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
In all seriousness I seriously regret learning to make Turkish coffee. It's incredibly strong (honestly, it's almost like a coffee-pudding) and for the past 15 minutes I've felt like my ribcage is losing a fight with my heart.
I actually went to my favorite Shawarma joint today.

$15 bucks a head, but they serve a nice array of pickled vegetables, dill corn, garbanzo beans, potato salad, and a bunch of other things. All in all around 9 side dishes to munch on while the Shawarma was being prepared.

At the end of the meal, they brought out this wonderful desert. A cinnamon and cocoa pastry of some sort with this delightful oil covering it, and a hint of what appeared to be lemon rinds garnished the top. Served with some Turkish Coffee. It was divine.

The best lunch I've had in a long, long time.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

"My Day" stretches over three days by now. I really should try to squeeze some shuteye in before i collapse.

Then again - a sleeping fatass is not a working fatass. So much stuff to do...
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 03-14-2013, 11:28 PM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Use incredibly finely ground, incredibly concentrated coffee grounds and plenty of sugar, immerse them in simmering but not boiling water for long enough for the liquid to take a uniform color and consistency, then you add cold water and serve, I typically also grind up some pistachio nuts and add them after the cold water for extra taste.
I've had Turkish coffee a few times. Sometimes the texture is quite muddy (as in, the grounds are still in the liquid) but other times it's like normal coffee (the viscosity, not the flavor). Is this just a variation? Or was I not getting the real deal on some of these occasions?

Have you ever had Arabic coffee? It's milder than regular coffee, and has a bit of a cardamom flavor. It looks a bit like tea. I'm rather fond of it.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 03-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by destron View Post
I've had Turkish coffee a few times. Sometimes the texture is quite muddy (as in, the grounds are still in the liquid) but other times it's like normal coffee (the viscosity, not the flavor). Is this just a variation? Or was I not getting the real deal on some of these occasions?

Have you ever had Arabic coffee? It's milder than regular coffee, and has a bit of a cardamom flavor. It looks a bit like tea. I'm rather fond of it.
I don't add quite as much cold water to my turkish coffee than others do. Helps me pace myself when drinking it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 03-15-2013, 03:23 AM
Magistrix Verdande Magistrix Verdande is offline

Elune
Magistrix Verdande's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xerrath
Posts: 11,081
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Default

I love Shwarma. Currently eating some pesto-chicken.

@Mark: Sounds tough. What kind of religion are we talking about here?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Pratchett
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 03-15-2013, 03:53 AM
Ded Chikn Ded Chikn is offline

Elune
Ded Chikn's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baltimore, Marylan- *gunshot*
Posts: 6,315
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Default

Made some General Tso wings for dinner. Snuck a couple in today for lunch. 11:30 can't come soon enough.
__________________
"Make work your favorite. That's your new favorite."
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 03-15-2013, 04:30 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Fuck me.

I've had a lot of papers due- over this week, 5. One of our professors promised to push the due date of a paper from thursday to today. I knew it was a short paper in a class that was easy, so I saved it until last. I have a vague idea of what the paper is about from checking it a week ago to size it up, but...

And on the class webpage the assignment is fucking gone. No way to see what it's about, and no way to submit it. The prof probably set up the assignment to self destruct after the due date and then never pushed the due date forward but... god damn. I sent him an email but I'm really really tired now and wish I could go to sleep, but I'm worried I might sleep past the due date of noon if I do so.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 03-15-2013, 04:40 AM
Ded Chikn Ded Chikn is offline

Elune
Ded Chikn's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baltimore, Marylan- *gunshot*
Posts: 6,315
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Fuck me.

I've had a lot of papers due- over this week, 5. One of our professors promised to push the due date of a paper from thursday to today. I knew it was a short paper in a class that was easy, so I saved it until last. I have a vague idea of what the paper is about from checking it a week ago to size it up, but...

And on the class webpage the assignment is fucking gone. No way to see what it's about, and no way to submit it. The prof probably set up the assignment to self destruct after the due date and then never pushed the due date forward but... god damn. I sent him an email but I'm really really tired now and wish I could go to sleep, but I'm worried I might sleep past the due date of noon if I do so.
This just happened to me last week. I finished like 80% of the work, then class got cancelled due to inclimate weather. Couldn't finish the other 20% that night because shit was gone.
__________________
"Make work your favorite. That's your new favorite."
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 03-15-2013, 04:41 AM
Magistrix Verdande Magistrix Verdande is offline

Elune
Magistrix Verdande's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xerrath
Posts: 11,081
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Default

Can't you call one of your course mates to see what it was all about?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Pratchett
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 03-15-2013, 04:44 AM
Ded Chikn Ded Chikn is offline

Elune
Ded Chikn's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baltimore, Marylan- *gunshot*
Posts: 6,315
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Default

I want to throttle my lab partner on a daily basis.

Her heart isn't in the class and she half asses everything while condescending other groups. I end up single handedly finishing the experiment, writing up the report, and getting on with life.

I'm not saying I hate her, but if I saw her changing a tire on the side of the road I'd probably swerve to hit her.
__________________
"Make work your favorite. That's your new favorite."
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 03-15-2013, 05:06 AM
Rufin Rufin is offline

Eternal
Rufin's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,635
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

Default

Made a Fury PvP guide and the very first post on it was "lol go arms scrub"
Me RAAAAGE
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 03-15-2013, 06:35 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post
Made a Fury PvP guide and the very first post on it was "lol go arms scrub"
Me RAAAAGE
>2013
>PVP warrior
>shiggeteru diggatamoto
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 03-15-2013, 06:40 AM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,903

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Romaneck View Post
Had to chose the dire choices

a) convert to her nutjob religion that I told her from day one that no way in hell id be part off, and have her stay

b) see her go, and break up thereoff to michoacan a kinda insecure place (by mexican standards even)

Its gona be B, no doubt about that, I like her, if I have ever loved someone i think it is her... but fuck I knew shit would not be simple, I can take this breakup thing, im emotionally scarred but how well will she take it? a woman i broke off once made a suicide shortly afterwards (shortly being 3 months after the fact) it has always left me with a ghost.

Feels bad, feels terrible but im certain she will be fine

Right?
What do you consider a "nutjob religion"?
__________________
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 03-15-2013, 06:41 AM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,903

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post
Made a Fury PvP guide and the very first post on it was "lol go arms scrub"
Me RAAAAGE
God, that's hilarious.

I only say that because I fail completely at DPS warrior. All I can do is tank.
__________________
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 03-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by destron View Post
I've had Turkish coffee a few times. Sometimes the texture is quite muddy (as in, the grounds are still in the liquid) but other times it's like normal coffee (the viscosity, not the flavor). Is this just a variation? Or was I not getting the real deal on some of these occasions?

Have you ever had Arabic coffee? It's milder than regular coffee, and has a bit of a cardamom flavor. It looks a bit like tea. I'm rather fond of it.
Turkish and arabic coffee is tasty but it isn't really coffee. I prefer coffee the scandinavian way, bitter and as pitch black as my soul.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 03-15-2013, 08:00 AM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

Blegh, coffee... I prefer chocolate milk (cocoa, or something, right?).
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old 03-15-2013, 08:14 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

I prefer cappuccino.
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 03-15-2013, 08:21 AM
HoodedMan HoodedMan is offline

Arch-Druid
HoodedMan's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nexus
Posts: 1,495

Default

So I went to gym today... I am so pathetically weak.
__________________
Someday I will finish this...
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 03-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Aneurysm Aneurysm is offline

Problemsolver
Aneurysm's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there, and everywhere.
Posts: 9,307

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedMan View Post
So I went to gym today... I am so pathetically weak.
You've gotta start somewhere.
__________________
My love for you is like a truck, berserker.
Would you like some making fuck, berserker?
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 03-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Torch Torch is offline

Eternal
Torch's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,279
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Default

I don't get hot drinks really. I mean, drinks, you're meant to drink them. By being hot they're hard to drink quickly. So instead of something you're supposed to quench your thirst with, you have something that you have over a long time, not really doing all that much for your thirst by the time you've finished drinking.
__________________
"Terrorism, a job for lazy people and wankers"

If I die, blame it on BfA
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 03-15-2013, 09:01 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
I don't get hot drinks really. I mean, drinks, you're meant to drink them. By being hot they're hard to drink quickly. So instead of something you're supposed to quench your thirst with, you have something that you have over a long time, not really doing all that much for your thirst by the time you've finished drinking.
A cup of hot chocolate can do wonders in the middle of winter.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
realspace, spam thread 3.1

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.