Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > General Blizzard Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #651  
Old 06-20-2015, 05:58 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,947

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegrune View Post
I've checked the Warcraft Enyclopedia and it does say (as Ruinshin says) that after the Sundering the Sisterhood of Elune was in charge of government, and it also suggests that it was the position of high priestess of Elune (rather than the individual who happened to hold it) that became both the leader of the military and the government.

It also says that the druids were outside the government: they neither governed nor answered to the government.

Basically it retconned things so that the situation we see in WoW (Tyrande head of state, neutral Cenarion Circle) was supposed to have been the case for 10,000 years.
Of course, you also have the game seemingly being developed with the manual's statement in mind instead of the encyclopedia's, so it's all a mess.

Of course, it's not impossible to reconcile both. Without a government, an organization like the Sisterhood of Elune would've seemed like the best candidate to (temporarily) replace it and bring some semblance of normality back; basically, it's a military junta where the military is also the church. The druids, as the driving force behind the changes of the Kaldorei's culture, are the wise advisers. (Thus, the Kaldorei were also led by the druids.) It's basically Fudge and Dumbledore.

Edit:
So... I was right about her being the sole leader only because he was AFK.
Since the War of the Ancients, High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind and her mate, Archdruid Malfurion Stormrage, have led the once-immortal night elves. Time and again, Tyrande’s and Malfurion’s wise guidance has helped the night elves prevail against the demonic Burning Legion and other perilous enemies. For many of the past ten thousand years, however, Tyrande has borne the mantle of leadership alone while Malfurion has spent long stretches of time preoccupied with his duties in the Emerald Dream.

Last edited by Nazja; 06-20-2015 at 06:11 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old 06-20-2015, 07:54 AM
Aldrius Aldrius is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Aldrius's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,025

Default

Quote:
In other words she is the muscle. Which is totally fine and interesting if she was actually good at it.
I don't... see how she's bad at it.

The leaders in WoW even now don't really get to do a whole lot.

Sylvanas and Garrosh were prominent in Cataclysm, and Jaina, Lor'themor and Garrosh were in Mists a lot.

Other than that? Eh.
__________________
"The Demons did their job well. You creatures are as reckless and bloodthirsty as they ever were."
Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old 06-20-2015, 02:39 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,145

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Of course, you also have the game seemingly being developed with the manual's statement in mind instead of the encyclopedia's, so it's all a mess.

Of course, it's not impossible to reconcile both. Without a government, an organization like the Sisterhood of Elune would've seemed like the best candidate to (temporarily) replace it and bring some semblance of normality back; basically, it's a military junta where the military is also the church. The druids, as the driving force behind the changes of the Kaldorei's culture, are the wise advisers. (Thus, the Kaldorei were also led by the druids.) It's basically Fudge and Dumbledore.

Edit:
So... I was right about her being the sole leader only because he was AFK.
Since the War of the Ancients, High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind and her mate, Archdruid Malfurion Stormrage, have led the once-immortal night elves. Time and again, Tyrande’s and Malfurion’s wise guidance has helped the night elves prevail against the demonic Burning Legion and other perilous enemies. For many of the past ten thousand years, however, Tyrande has borne the mantle of leadership alone while Malfurion has spent long stretches of time preoccupied with his duties in the Emerald Dream.
Because Tyrande orders him to take shit when Hes around.

The only reason he has power NOW is because she ordered it after Malfurion tried to duck responsibility
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old 06-20-2015, 03:06 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,947

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Because Tyrande orders him to take shit when Hes around.

The only reason he has power NOW is because she ordered it after Malfurion tried to duck responsibility
Nah, he always had power. I agree that he's a lazy hippie, though.
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old 06-20-2015, 03:21 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,691
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Nah, he always had power. I agree that he's a lazy hippie, though.
You are wrong. Stop being wrong. Stop defending your wrongdoing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #656  
Old 06-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,947

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
You are wrong. Stop being wrong. Stop defending your wrongdoing.
Blizzard is on my side. Your old lore has no power over me!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blizzard, easily offended, gensis trolling?, justice4maiev!, looking for an issue

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.