Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 02-17-2016, 11:13 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdus View Post
Horde Civil War:

1. Kill the Forsaken.

2. Keep the Blood Elves in check.

3. Wait until a side wins, either smash the winner or push a treaty on them.

4. Just shoot Garrosh.

There you all go, I prevented an expansion and crippled the Horde.
It is the greatest mistake ever in the history of the Alliance that they didn't deal with the Forsaken when the rest of the horde fucked each others.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 02-17-2016, 05:45 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdus View Post
Horde Civil War:

1. Kill the Forsaken.

2. Keep the Blood Elves in check.

3. Wait until a side wins, either smash the winner or push a treaty on them.

4. Just shoot Garrosh.

There you all go, I prevented an expansion and crippled the Horde.
fap fap fap
Old 02-17-2016, 05:52 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
It is the greatest mistake ever in the history of the Alliance that they didn't deal with the Forsaken when the rest of the horde fucked each others.
They thought the bombing of Theramore would make the fanbase forget about how evil the Forsaken were.

It didn't work.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:03 PM

Banished

Why do you keep talking like if

1- removing a race
2- removing a faction or making it an slave to the other

are factible options in a mmorpg game
Old 02-22-2016, 06:21 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

What are things the Draenei ought to have? Honestly, I'd say a theme that makes them unique as an Alliance race but I'm hard-pressed to think of what would accomplish that because no matter how visually distinct they look, they're still hardly distinguishable from Light-worshiping and arcane-wielding Humans. Just like with Worgen, Blizzard just dropped the ball with giving the Alliance a race it didn't already have whereas Horde got a new that at least served something of a meaningful role that the Horde didn't already have covered.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20042705186#5

Quote:
Bear with me, but I kind of want them to have that creepy "Doctor Who horror" vibe.

If you're not a fan, I'll explain it as simply as I can:

Doctor Who episodes tend to revolve around the idea that the things we deem as "dark magic" or "irrational fear" as essentially always of course scientific...just not in a way our feeble minds can generally understand.

For example, the Vastha Nerada:
https://youtu.be/UOE90ZSundc?t=171

This is the kind of direction I want for the Worgen. The Forsaken are subtle, calculating and patient. The Worgen act, rage, and are just as intelligent.

I would like to see those kind of Whovian plot twists where an entire Alliance base has its human population turn into Worgen out of desperation (hopefully we'll see that this expansion, even).

The Worgen are the ones who "master nature and its darkness". They should be the ones who claim they know what it takes to win, and convince people to do it("Drink up").

They should also, like a good Doctor Who plot twist, be unexpected and clever about it. While Forsaken may pretty much always be against you self-interests(Unless you're another Forsaken player), the Worgen are just there to manipulate the hell out of you--even if its to your benefit-- in order to make you experience what makes their darkness great.

In a small way the Worgen already lean towards a theme kind of like this. When you look past their werewolf form you see them as humans, often well-dressed and mannered. Their main literature character was a detective and we explore what it was to be a Worgen through his eyes in the comic.

And Alpha Prime himself seemed like a villain ripped straight out of Doctor Who episode.

Does this make sense? It's difficult to elaborate what I'm talking about here.
Worgen ought to have already been this and yet it hasn't ever crossed the minds of the devs... Kosak plz.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:28 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
What are things the Draenei ought to have? Honestly, I'd say a theme that makes them unique as an Alliance race but I'm hard-pressed to think of what would accomplish that because no matter how visually distinct they look, they're still hardly distinguishable from Light-worshiping and arcane-wielding Humans. Just like with Worgen, Blizzard just dropped the ball with giving the Alliance a race it didn't already have whereas Horde got a new that at least served something of a meaningful role that the Horde didn't already have covered.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20042705186#5

Worgen ought to have already been this and yet it hasn't ever crossed the minds of the devs... Kosak plz.
Yeah, they really should play up the worgen savagery.

With the draenei, it might be best to portray their version of the Light as somewhat different from humanity's. Maybe it's more integrated into their society, so you don't have the abuses and inequity of human society. This poses an implicit challenge to the Church of the Light, but as something based on faith, not all human worshippers would be willing to follow the draenic version (and it doesn't have to say outright that the draenic version is correct--but they are older and they are high-tech, which would both have an impact).

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"

Tags
factions, worldbuilding, worldbuilding; kosakpls