Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-12-2017, 04:05 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Are you Scandinavian? That might be a factor. I know trolls are a bigger part of your folklore and fairy tales whereas Anglophone cultures tend to feature ogres and giants more often.
I'm Indian.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Bump.

Funny, with the New Expansion, the South Seas are actually mostly covered now.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Southseas.JPG

Broken Isles - Check
Kezan - Check (Will actually reappear as a Dungeon in BfA.)
Kul'Tiras - Not part of the old LoM map, because of being outdated and that pesky tectonic plates moved by Deathwing (or Azshara)
Zandalar -Check

Still missing:

Plunder Isle - Could become a Dungeon like Kezan, if the Cataclysm didn't destroy it.
Tel Abim - Could actually become part of another expansion.

Last edited by Vineyard; 04-05-2019 at 11:18 AM..
Old 11-04-2017, 07:01 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post

I'll be honest, I cannot think of any situation where I would rather play an orc over a half-orc or a goliath (who also gets the extra carrying capacity and has similar stat bonuses without a reduction to intelligence). It is very poorly designed and extra movement isn't enough for all the shit with the race.
Yeah I think on twitter they explicitly said they wanted to make half-orcs superior, which I think is dumb.

I'd take homebrewed viable orcs and goblins over crappy 'canon' anyday

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-04-2017, 07:12 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
Bump.

Funny, with the New Expansion, the South seas are actually mostly covered now.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Southseas.JPG

Broken Isles - Check
Kezan - Check (Will actually reappear as a Dungeon in BfA.)
Kul'Tiras - Not part of the old LoM map, because of being outdated and that pesky tectonic plates moved by Deathwing (or Azshara)
Zandalar -Check

Still missing:

Plunder Isle - Could become a Dungeon like Kezan, if the Cataclysm didn't destroy it.
Tel Abim - Could actually become part of another expansion.
Is the plan to visit all of Kezan, or just the parts we've already seen? Because there's a ton left to the island. Undermine, for one.

That said, I wouldn't hold my breath for Tel Abim. It's such a minor thing, that I couldn't imagine it could hold much on its own. Plunder Isle has a fair bit more going on, so I could sorta kinda see it get some love, if only as a one-off dungeon to fight the pirate inhabitants and take their ill-gotten gains for our own.

Plunder the isle, if you will.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:17 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
That said, I wouldn't hold my breath for Tel Abim. It's such a minor thing, that I couldn't imagine it could hold much on its own.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:31 PM

Eternal

Would be great if some of the island scenarios were Plunder Isle, Hiji, Tel'abim and of course Tel'abar.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:37 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
Is the plan to visit all of Kezan, or just the parts we've already seen? Because there's a ton left to the island. Undermine, for one.
It's a dungeon. Who knows? Maybe Kezan will into the same void as Farahlon.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:19 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Orb of Frost

So its finally here, the Southern Seas!

There are things that excite me about the expansion, while other details that I am more skeptical towards. One of the big things about the Battle for Azeroth expansion that is interesting to me is that, thematically, the actual South Seas region seems secondary to the broader concept of a global faction war - when personally I would have focused more on the actual locations and antagonists (e.g. the naga.) Seeing Zandalar and Kul Tiras is, of course, very cool - while Kezan merely being a dungeon location seems questionable to me. Undermine has a lot of potential and I would hate for the goblin homeland to be relegated to a one-off instance. The status of Tel Abim and Plunder Isle are currently unknown, but it would be disappointing if those isles are not featured in some way (Plunder Isle especially; as it is the better-sourced of the two MIA islands.) Queen Azshara's role in the upcoming expansion also remains unclear at this stage, we don't know if she will be one of the main antagonists or if Nazjatar will be featured in another future expansion. I tend to think that Stormwind, as a location, makes the most sense for the final raid of Battle for Azeroth - to counter Orgrimmar in Mists of Pandaria and because the Before the Storm preview says that Warchief Sylvanas means to target Stormwind.

Another small casualty of the expansion is its absence of tinkers - but this is what I was expecting. The idea that Blizzard would add two new classes in a row seemed very unlikely to me, so tinkers seem to be pushed further down the line (despite the South Seas being, to my mind, the most logical place to introduce their class in-game.)

So I await more information, but there's enough mentioned so-far to excite me.

Last edited by Shaman; 11-04-2017 at 10:34 PM..

Tags
south seas, world of warcraft