Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-04-2017, 11:02 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Surprising they have the EK/Kalimdor stuff already doneish like that. Guess it's prep work for it appearing before 8.0.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Not sure if its intended to be to a night elf district. There were no NPCs at all outside of the leaders in the main building, but the districts are much bigger than just that building so there are clearly meant to be NPCs there.
Eh its close enough.

I'm also being a bit silly about it. Like I said, you said it uses garrison stuff so it would fit in while a GIlnean-style wouldn't. I'm just still salty about that fucking crater and how little used Gilnean architecture was (is).
Old 11-04-2017, 11:04 PM

Eternal

Hope Boss Mida isn't just gone.

Though I find it hilarious that the goblins have been polluting the area for so long and now they're kicked out. Back to Azshara with you!
Old 11-04-2017, 11:09 PM

Eternal

I wonder why a society based around magic kicks out the void elf users, unless they go out of control and damage Silvermoon.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:10 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Yay! They might be undoing "crazy loathsome bitch" Jaina! And bringing back "nice Jaina".

Quote:
Q: Is Jaina a hero in Battle for Azeroth?
A: She is complicated. Jaina is wrapped with regret. She was responsible for the death of her father and how the Horde is today. She is a damaged character and that damage will be explored. We will try to understand the way she is and try to pull her out of it. She is not evil, she is conflicted.
That's assuming she doesn't die, of course. Or go completely insane, where she ends up as a drooling vegetable that rolls around in her padded cell screaming about "cocaine suppositories" and "eldritch donuts".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.

Last edited by Ganishka; 11-04-2017 at 11:18 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 11:10 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
I wonder why a society based around magic kicks out the void elf users, unless they go out of control and damage Silvermoon.
Same society that was draining green crystals with evil glowing eyes that were placed throughout its city but too stupid to realize it was fel magic apparently.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:11 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Surprising they have the EK/Kalimdor stuff already doneish like that. Guess it's prep work for it appearing before 8.0.
Both of them are introductions to the allied races, so that's probably why they're already done. The leaders are having discussions about finding new allies, Turalyon suggests the Lightforged, Alleria suggests the void elves, Baine says he's holding a big banquet in Mulgore for the Highmountain chieftans, and Liadrin says she's been making inroads with Thalyrssa for the nightborne to join the Horde.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:12 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

You know what.

It is tyrandes fault the horde are attacking.

Her whole shit in valsharah whining at the horde players.

You dont whine to horde players!

We whine at you!

You whine at us you lose your home.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Both of them are introductions to the allied races, so that's probably why they're already done. The leaders are having discussions about finding new allies, Turalyon suggests the Lightforged, Alleria suggests the void elves, Baine says he's holding a big banquet in Mulgore for the Highmountain chieftans, and Liadrin says she's been making inroads with Thalyrssa for the nightborne to join the Horde.
Fits with the leak also saying that we get the first 4 allied races in 7.3.5.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:21 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Listing this here so I don't forget any details.

All old creature models that have been updated (that I found so far)

-Tarantulas
-Frogs
-House cats
-Northrend spiders
-Earth Revenants
-Wind serpents
-Thunder lizards
-Dimetrodons
-Pigs (two different models, one for creatures one for mini pets)
-Pet turtles
-Hyenas
-Buzzards
-Marmots
Old 11-04-2017, 11:23 PM

Arch-Druid

God please no NElf casting animations for Zandalari. They're fucking atrocious. I'll have to roll Warrior finally. And they better get golden masks, if I have to grind Laughing Skull for a leering skull mask again I'll off myself.

I also realised that Blood Trolls look like WoD Bleeding Hollows orcs. Except they're matriarchal. Which makes the whole blood thing a bit uncomfortable.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:26 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
God please no NElf casting animations for Zandalari. They're fucking atrocious. I'll have to roll Warrior finally. And they better get golden masks, if I have to grind Laughing Skull for a leering skull mask again I'll off myself.

I also realised that Blood Trolls look like WoD Bleeding Hollows orcs. Except they're matriarchal. Which makes the whole blood thing a bit uncomfortable.
Many animations are likely like the MoP animations and the Zandalari there used modified troll casting animations.

Last edited by Leviathon; 11-04-2017 at 11:28 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 11:26 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Oil

Were there any gnomes featured in the cinematic or did I miss them?
Old 11-04-2017, 11:29 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
God please no NElf casting animations for Zandalari. They're fucking atrocious. I'll have to roll Warrior finally.
We just had a casting animations overhaul.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:31 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
What is it with women and blood, anyway? It's almost like some kind of monthly ritual, with them. And all of that vampire lust in novels and movies.

Inopropriate Misogynistic humor aside, Trolls love blood. So, it's also accidentally racist AND sexist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.

Last edited by Ganishka; 11-04-2017 at 11:35 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 11:59 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
So Krakhed was right.

So there is a facility in Nazmir, where the Titans were doing experiments on Old gods. They were trying to solve the Old god problem; and you can imagine when you start experimenting on an Old god, really bad stuff has the potential to happen. What they ended up creating was something far worse; and this sorta new blood god — who you are going to see eventually (and this a huge amount of spoiler for you), but this facility only has one of the three seals remaining on it.

More at http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...battle-azeroth
Some things get more predictable once you've got a feel for the ideas the writers are tossing around. When it comes to the Void, a force that used to be relatively obscure, I've usually been able to guess the general direction of where they were taking it. That might change as it gets more attention.

So, which Old God do we think G'huun was cloned from like the cast-off limb of a starfish? Do we think he was accidentally made from C'thun?
Old 11-05-2017, 12:02 AM

Sentinel Queen

Been avoiding posting because I’m livid over the night elves becoming the Horde’s punching bag once again, but I just wanted to say that Wrathion’s a fucking idiot, should be nowhere near the Alliance, and his presence during an important meeting among Alliance leaders is a *Quirn voice* net loss.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:06 AM

Elune

I'm going to wager either Yogg-Saron (since they had him under lock and key to begin with) or perhaps whatever old god Knaifu belonged to.

edit: Y'Shaarj possible too.

Last edited by Arakiba; 11-05-2017 at 12:10 AM..
Old 11-05-2017, 12:09 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
So, which Old God do we think G'huun was cloned from like the cast-off limb of a starfish? Do we think he was accidentally made from C'thun?
Gonna go with N'zoth since it would more appropriate as it seems likely he'll be the main antagonist at the end. He is also the old god closest to the facility too. The brief look at the tentacles/eyestalks in the features trailer also looks like the ones in the Il'gynoth fight who was also related to N'zoth.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:11 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Maybe, though on the other hand Y'shaarj was already broken into slimy chunks all over the continent, so maybe one of his heads or something was collected by Ra's expedition on its way south and interred at Uldir for study.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:12 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Going by locations.... Kul tiras is VERY VERY Close to Nzoths location, Closer than Suramar.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
Been avoiding posting because I’m livid over the night elves becoming the Horde’s punching bag once again, but I just wanted to say that Wrathion’s a fucking idiot, should be nowhere near the Alliance, and his presence during an important meeting among Alliance leaders is a *Quirn voice* net loss.
The Horde will probably get Ebyssian to compete over who should truly rule the reborn Black Dragonflight. Anyhow.
The Drustvar witches — a super really interesting story with this guys, in which you go into during the Drustvar experience — long time ago, there was a group called the Drust people. They lived in Drustvar, and when that area was overtaken by humans, they slew the Drust, and the Drust were large hardy kinda people; but the Drust didn’t leave. They exist as spirits that live in the area, in the dead realm; and have been slowly trying to work their way back into our world.

Drust are a large and hardy people, yes? And Kul Tirans are large and hardy compared to normal humans, yes? What are the chances Kul Tirans are part Drust? What the fuck do Drust look like?

My tentative guess here is that they were another Vrykul offshoot, a human subrace of sorts. EDIT: "Drust" itself seems to be a Pictish name.

Last edited by Krakhed; 11-05-2017 at 12:27 AM..
Old 11-05-2017, 12:24 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

I think most whining should be reduced, just a tad... this new crew might actually get things right in the long run, for once. Just enjoy the hype and let it fade away before the expansion actually comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
Same society that was draining green crystals with evil glowing eyes that were placed throughout its city but too stupid to realize it was fel magic apparently.
To be fair Blizzard retconned/clarified that those weren't fel at all, and that only a few people ever actually did the fel thing. Or some BS like that.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:27 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
I would say that overall the Alliance is the Horde/dev's punching bag but, I agree - overall since Cataclysm, the Night Elves have been hit particularly hard with that dubious distinction. It does sadly fit with the narrative that Blizzard is pushing on their games, come to think of it.

"It's cool to be the alpha male who bullies everyone, we love it and it's BADASS!"

They are actively encouraging the idea that defending ones self if you are not the golden child is somehow bad and wrong, and that those around you who feel angered by unjust aggression are at fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.

Last edited by Quirnheim; 11-05-2017 at 12:30 AM..
Old 11-05-2017, 12:32 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
To be fair Blizzard retconned/clarified that those weren't fel at all, and that only a few people ever actually did the fel thing. Or some BS like that.
It's clarified. Blood Elf starting quests tell you that those crystals have apparently been around forever, but might not have been in widespread use. The old Warcraft encyclopedia mentioned most Blood Elves would generally drain mana vermin, and that draining demons wasn't something the majority were presently willing to do.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft