Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 10:16 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Given Gorgrond's massive revamp I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm not sure if having the Breakers and Primals in one zone is a bad thing though. It plays up their parallels more. Not to mention we deal with Breakers a bit in FFR and Primals in SMV anyway.
It's not a bad thing perse, but it certainly makes the Iron Horde and the Blackrock very weak in their own home in comparison.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
It's not a bad thing perse, but it certainly makes the Iron Horde and the Blackrock very weak in their own home in comparison.
That's true.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:08 AM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

So I'm probably late to the dance on this, but has anyone questioned why Maraad from the MU knows about the Ogres killing Grommash's mate in the AU, when this is supposedly an alternative development to prevent the existence of AU Garrosh?
Old 09-07-2014, 01:16 AM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
So I'm probably late to the dance on this, but has anyone questioned why Maraad from the MU knows about the Ogres killing Grommash's mate in the AU, when this is supposedly an alternative development to prevent the existence of AU Garrosh?
The version of Golka that gave birth to our Garrosh died in an ogre raid as well. So presumably the raid wasn't a point of difference between the realities but rather instead whether or not Golka had recently given birth. So the actual difference is probably something like AU Grom having an extra drink that one fateful night, causing him to pass out instead of going to Golka.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:30 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liuv View Post
The version of Golka that gave birth to our Garrosh died in an ogre raid as well. So presumably the raid wasn't a point of difference between the realities but rather instead whether or not Golka had recently given birth. So the actual difference is probably something like AU Grom having an extra drink that one fateful night, causing him to pass out instead of going to Golka.
Have we ever heard of this raid before WoD was announced, or is it a retcon?
Old 09-07-2014, 01:33 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Have we ever heard of this raid before WoD was announced, or is it a retcon?
We've never heard of Golka before WoD.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:51 AM

Elune

Quote:
How could this be an alternate development when there's no interference to cause an altering of the events in Grom's backstory?
Old 09-07-2014, 03:11 AM

Sentinel Queen

Wait, the train has been removed from Gorgrond entirely?

Old 09-07-2014, 04:14 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
How could this be an alternate development when there's no interference to cause an altering of the events in Grom's backstory?
There doesn't have to be artificial interference for something to develop differently.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:44 AM

Elune

Quote:
There doesn't have to be artificial interference for something to develop differently.
Except we've been told it's the exact same universe up until Garrosh shows up. So, yeah, there has to be something "unnatural" that prevented a major event like Garrosh being conceived.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:54 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Except we've been told it's the exact same universe up until Garrosh shows up. So, yeah, there has to be something "unnatural" that prevented a major event like Garrosh being conceived.
...yeah, considering that Garrosh showing up comes after little stuff like Ner'zhul's wife being alive (thus preventing Kil'jaeden from doing his thing and getting the orcs on the Draenei Murderin' Ball), it was already a different timeline than the main universe.

Stop counting the blades of grass.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:55 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
We've also been told that this is now an entirely separate universe that has existed before the temporal incursion (which makes it, technically, a dimensional incursion as well). It's a retcon, see, but for once it changes something dumb into something that makes a tiny bit more sense, so you should be cool with it. They probably wound up with too many retcons or oversights, threw their hands in the air, gave up and changed it.

Time has literally changed.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:32 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Since when it comes to Blizzard you usually can't take for granted cut stuff was bad and new stuff is better. That and you need to take into consideration why said decisions were made. Many of the cut content decisions of WoD were done to save time just like Cata and not because what was there may have been bad.
Proof? Because from where I'm sitting, unless something takes an inordinately large amount of development time by comparison, if content has to be cut to save time, it's the weakest bits that are killed off first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:01 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niars View Post
Wait, the train has been removed from Gorgrond entirely?
Yup. Only exists in the dungeon itself, and one small bit of train track in the mountains. The rest is gone.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:09 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
Yup. Only exists in the dungeon itself, and one small bit of train track in the mountains. The rest is gone.
I'm still waiting on an epic train track going from Everlook down to Gadgetzan. So many lost opportunities. Stupid goblins.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:14 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
I'm still waiting on an epic train track going from Everlook down to Gadgetzan. So many lost opportunities. Stupid goblins.
...wouldn't such a train have to go through either Hyjal (like, through Hyjal) into Azshara and then Durotar, or through Ashenvale? Not to mention Dustwallow or the Barrens, possibly RFD, and through Thousand Needles to pull that off?
Old 09-07-2014, 06:20 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakitori View Post
...wouldn't such a train have to go through either Hyjal (like, through Hyjal) into Azshara and then Durotar, or through Ashenvale? Not to mention Dustwallow or the Barrens, possibly RFD, and through Thousand Needles to pull that off?
They use portals.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:30 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
Proof? Because from where I'm sitting, unless something takes an inordinately large amount of development time by comparison, if content has to be cut to save time, it's the weakest bits that are killed off first.
Depends on how you define weakest. You could define weakest as something that they attempted, but then cut because they didn't like the early iterations (like Dance Studio, Path of the Titans, etc), which is the devs cutting something because they didn't like the quality. You could also define weakest as whatever is less complete than other parts of the game at any point in development, regardless of how the finished product would have looked (like the Alliance's Twilight Highlands intro), which is the devs cutting something because no one there wanted to work on it.

Saying that they only ever cut the weakest stuff is also damning with faint praise, because it comes with the implicit assertion that whatever makes it live (including widely despised things like patch 5.3) is the best product they are capable of producing. It also assumes that what the devs deem to be the weakest bits will always match up with what most players would deem to be the weakest bits.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:31 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakitori View Post
From Winterspring down through Felwood into Ashenvale. Gonig east and then south towards Crossroads. Then further south to Thousand Needles. Going from bluff to bluff and south around the Shimmering "lake" into Tanaris and then to Gadgetzan. Made during peace time of course. Run by the Steamwheedle for neutrality's sake. You could have smaller tracks leading into nelf, goblin, orc and tauren lands.

I'd so love a WoW 2 a hundred years into the future with zone several times larger for epic environments. No open world ofc, it wouldn't work with such sizes.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:46 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
From Winterspring down through Felwood into Ashenvale. Gonig east and then south towards Crossroads. Then further south to Thousand Needles. Going from bluff to bluff and south around the Shimmering "lake" into Tanaris and then to Gadgetzan. Made during peace time of course. Run by the Steamwheedle for neutrality's sake. You could have smaller tracks leading into nelf, goblin, orc and tauren lands.
But would the night elves even be okay with a train going through Ashenvale? (I'm sure someone will be here to say that they don't care about Ashenvale because bitch bitch bitch orcs.) Or even through Felwood, for that matter? Plus it still has to, presumably, skirt around Hyjal, which means it might go right through the Timbermaw's territory... although bear raids on a train would be funny as shit.

It's not a bad idea, it just has... potential flaws with it. Clearly, the answer is to give half of Ashenvale to the Horde so they can approve such a thing.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:47 AM

Banished

Quote:
I'd so love a WoW 2 a hundred years into the future with zone several times larger for epic environments. No open world ofc, it wouldn't work with such sizes.
I'd like that too (more like 300-500 years but eh, let's not quibble) but the sad thing is, thanks to how successful WoW is, even in it's rather shitty present/WoD state, Blizzard won't even entertain the idea of a WarCraft 4 or WoW 2 anytime soon.

WarCraft 4 will happen one day, I've said that before and I stand by it, but when is anyone's guess.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:07 AM

Sentinel Queen

Can't believe they flat out removed the train. I need to find side before and after comparisons of the zone map.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:19 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niars View Post
Can't believe they flat out removed the train. I need to find side before and after comparisons of the zone map.
It was posted like, a page or two ago.

http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/6....25/Draenor.png

http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/6....16/Draenor.png
Old 09-07-2014, 07:22 AM

Sentinel Queen

Yup, found it. I've been away for a while and I can't be bothered remembering that page I stopped reading this thread on though :p

Old 09-07-2014, 07:41 AM

Eternal

It makes me wonder where Grimrail and the Foundry trains actually go or come from. Would have been cool to see the trains in other zones.

I guess just another case of a cool idea (I really do like it actually) but when they decided to change everything and the idea should have been dropped because it didn't work anymore, Blizzard held on to it like a toddler throwing a tantrum in a toy store who had picked out something and refuses to let it go.
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft