Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-23-2009, 01:20 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Whoa... good analysis...I can't believe I didn't know that was a plague spreader.
I'm not saying that's the way it is. These are all speculations, and my own predictions. Nothing of it is neither true nor false.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:21 PM

Eternal

Great analysis!!!!!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 08-23-2009, 03:34 PM

Sentinel Queen

If you zoom in on the picture of Shatterspear Village, there are a bunch of trolls in the buildings, so the Night Elves definitely haven't taken it over.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:42 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Picture four; a picture which I find hard to place. From the looks of it, it's somewhere in Darkshore. Perhaps Shatterspear village, or a new outpost set up in the southern parts. The guards are in combat-position, which makes me believe they are under attack from someone. Guards of cities and outposts aren't usually standing like that, you know.

Could it be the horde village in Desolace?
Old 08-23-2009, 04:34 PM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Picture number five; a picture of what seems to be Stonetalon Mountains, again. A massive charred area, which doesn't seem to be the charred vale. Lots of fire-elemental mobs incoming? Please, dear lord, let's hope not.
That is the Charred Vale (they even made a joke about it being now called The Even More Charred Vale), also in the trailer there's a black drake flying nearby, maybe some of Onyxia's brood?

Quote:
Picture number two; an Alliance-outpost in the Barrens. I'd say it's in the northern Barrens, because from the looks of other screenshots I've seen the southern part of Barrens is all lush and stuff. They have marine-tabards, but they doesn't seem to be Kul Tiras. They are in fact Theramore marines. Now that I think of it, the outpost could be Northwatch Hold...
That's probably between the Barrens and Stonetalon Mountains, and with what appears to be Honor's Stand's destroyed watchtower in the background.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:27 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthek View Post
That's probably between the Barrens and Stonetalon Mountains, and with what appears to be Honor's Stand's destroyed watchtower in the background.
I was thinking the same, the pass seems similar and the mountains behind it fit better than any other place. The question is, what the hell is Stormwind/Theramore tower doing practically next to Crossroads?
Old 08-24-2009, 02:13 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
I'd say it's in the northern Barrens, because from the looks of other screenshots I've seen the southern part of Barrens is all lush and stuff.
Hm, really? I thought it was the other way around.

(Though I still wonder why the Barrents transformed into a tropical jungle... always assumed it'd become fertile grassland like Mulgore.)

Anyway, why is there a Stormwind flat on that tower...? They're wearing Theramore tabards.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:25 AM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post

(Though I still wonder why the Barrents transformed into a tropical jungle... always assumed it'd become fertile grassland like Mulgore.)

Anyway, why is there a Stormwind flat on that tower...? They're wearing Theramore tabards.
I believe the tropical jungle bits are supposed to be the expansion of the Oasis (oasises?? oasi?) around places like Wailing Caverns. Those bits are rather jungle like.

Also, isn't the Stormwind Lion also sort of the defacto "Alliance" banner as well, similar to how the Orgimmar banner also represents the Horde? Certainly seems that way based on the old PvP gear etc.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:35 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Looks like if I was ever right about one thing against Scythe back in the day, it was that the Horde FUCKING WAS invading Ashenvale at Zoram'Gar.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:07 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zun View Post
I believe the tropical jungle bits are supposed to be the expansion of the Oasis (oasises?? oasi?) around places like Wailing Caverns. Those bits are rather jungle like.

Also, isn't the Stormwind Lion also sort of the defacto "Alliance" banner as well, similar to how the Orgimmar banner also represents the Horde? Certainly seems that way based on the old PvP gear etc.
yea, like Arthas holding a Stormwind Hammer in CoT and Frostmourne Caverns... ( xD )
Old 08-24-2009, 09:35 AM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:

The Barrens were transformed because of a Naralex, a druid inside wailing caverns. Originally he and the Druids of the Fang wanted to heal the barrens but most of them got corrupted. Looks like Naralex succeeded though.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:53 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

The barrens was originally a forest more like Ashenvale before the WotA, so even if it regrew, it wouldn't be like mulgore at all.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:56 AM

Sentinel Queen

I actually think it's the northern part of the Barrens that has grown vegetation, since there was already a decent amount around the oasis' and the SS of the new Mulgore gate show a still-barren Barrens. Plus, it'd be hard for the Alliance to maintain a post in the North now that they've lost Ashenvale, while the south borders on Theramore.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:40 AM

Hippogryph Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peger View Post
If you zoom in on the picture of Shatterspear Village, there are a bunch of trolls in the buildings, so the Night Elves definitely haven't taken it over.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Although it's hard to tell if that troll on the 'dance floor" for lack of a better term is dancing or fighting. Perhaps the Alliance is trying to take over the village? It looks like there's definitely guards scattered around which I don't remember being there before.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:48 AM

Warden

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ss5_hires.jpg

This one actually looks more like Azshara area than Darkshore.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:59 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden View Post

I thought that might be the troll base in Desolace actually, but who knows.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:21 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Y'know, now that they're making Desloace... less desolate, think they'd change the name?
Old 08-24-2009, 11:35 AM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
I thought that might be the troll base in Desolace actually, but who knows.
Which troll base? O_o Only Hord--Oh yeah. That place...Hm...

Nah. I dont think so. The trees look different, at least right now.

http://images.mmosite.com/photo/2007...l6bOL88u78.jpg

The trees, right now, look more like

http://toomanyannas.com/images/azshara-path.jpg

Though, of course, it would all change with whatever happens to Azshara and Desolace, fully.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:38 AM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden View Post

Yeah, it does share some resemblances with Darkshore but the sky is wrong. Obviously, that could change to some degree with the Cataclysm. Some of the buildings could line up with Shadowprey Village in Desolace though as people have said. *EDIT: Nevermind, nice SS find there Hidden =)*

Or something new in Azshara. All I can say is, I hope that the Cataclysm changes the terrain in Azshara quite a bit, just because those cliffs make that zone a P.I.T.A. to get around in half the time. At least add a few more places to get up and down from the coastline.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:30 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Not really. (Arthas' Hammer is just the PvP hammer from Stormwind.)

The Alliance Banner is the "L".

Huh. I wonder if Boats will actually leave from Shadowprey and the Hinterlands now.

Last edited by Aldrius; 08-24-2009 at 01:34 PM..
Old 08-24-2009, 02:16 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Huh. I wonder if Boats will actually leave from Shadowprey and the Hinterlands now.
Not Hinterlands. According to this map, there's a new neutral port between Hinterlands and Eastern Plaguelands.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:22 PM

Sentinel Queen

The neutral port is where Tyr's Hand & the Scarlet Enclave was - perhaps the Argent Crusade has set up HQ's there?

As for the Horde village, it DOES bear a resemblance to Shadowprey, but the trees are a giveraway that it's a new settlement in Darkshore. Since Darkshore is still a 10-20 zone and probably won't have any Horde quests, I wouldn't be surprised if it only exists as a target of the other faction ala Pyrewood.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:29 PM

Glaive Thrower

It still could be the dancing troll village. With the close proximity to Moonglade it could be used for the new Troll Druids. Plus it if is cenarion related that would explain the ancient.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:54 PM

Arch-Druid

On the topic of the barrens tower:

As we know, Barrens have several entrance points, which could fit the profile. I wouldn't be me if I didn't check possible existing options. Going through Barrens, there's only one spot where hills, background and road layout fit - Honor stand in northern barrens, between Barrens and Stonetalon. Even more, the tower stands on the exact spot of a current "hill" (actually little more than a small rise in a terrain). There is a tree to the left of this hill and one slightly in the distance, behind where currently Honor's Stand is.

This gives us the answer - there is definitely Alliance a shot from Crossroads. The question is, what are they doing here if Night Elves lost Ashenvale and why the hell are they using Theramore tabards, but Stormwind flag?
Old 08-24-2009, 03:03 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Not really. (Arthas' Hammer is just the PvP hammer from Stormwind.)

The Alliance Banner is the "L".

Wasn't that the symbol for the Alliance of Lordaeron specifically? You don't really seem to see that around so much in WoW really since Lordaeron fell to the Scourge. Except on the odd piece of dungeon loots.

When you're in Dalaran, all the Alliance only parts of the city are marked with the Stormwind lion, I just assumed it had sort of been unofficially adopted when Stormwind became essentially the last surviving human nation of the original Alliance of Lordaeron.

Still, I think the weirder part of Theramore soldiers and new Alliance buildings in the Barrens with SW flags... is the fact that Theramore would invade o.O