Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 06:46 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Sorry, but either enforce it for all, or for none.

If this is a topic for just news, it would be A) much smaller and B) derailed much less.

Pages and pages of discussion come completely unrelated to "news" and instead focus on peoples reaction to it, or speculation for future content, or next expansions, ect. The human thing is no different.

If it was ever "supposed" to be for that, it's not now and hasn't been for close to it's inception.

Sort of silly to call something out just because that person has a particular issue with seeing it.

Just sayin, either point out all or point out none. Anything else is petty.
Enforce? This isn't a prison camp. Being a better poster starts at home, and I was just giving some friendly advice because its not my job to force people to be concise but it doesn't hurt to ask anyway. Clicking on this thread is supposed to be useful for news on Warlords of Draenor, its about being considerate to other posters. You're not getting called out here, I don't get the defensiveness.

New threads = better discussions and less spam is all I'm saying.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:48 PM

Druid of the Claw

PvP Symbol - Alliance

I hope they change some Khadgar's dialogues in WoD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
That would be kind of inevitable since there really wasn't anything hordish that they could use to shoehorn the horde in. At least Draenor had Draenei.
Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
Yes. Approximately half of the ingame landmass is covered by human settlements, but none of it is really "human lore" because you don't like it.

Ok.

Basically the majority of Alliance lore so far has been centered around humans. But they need "more".

Ok.

Gonna stop right there before the faction thread police comes running, but jesus. The humanity.
So, if Lion landing was human lore, then Rell and Mishka were Night elf and Draenei lore.

Random npcs in a human fort =/= human lore.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:52 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Enforce? This isn't a prison camp. Being a better poster starts at home, and I was just giving some friendly advice because its not my job to force people to be concise but it doesn't hurt to ask anyway. Clicking on this thread is supposed to be useful for news on Warlords of Draenor, its about being considerate to other posters. You're not getting called out here, I don't get the defensiveness.

New threads = better discussions and less spam is all I'm saying.
This is why I created my very own Beta experience thread.

Go and derail that one all you want. Bolvar's going to try to figure out how to upgrade his garrison later...
Old 07-22-2014, 06:56 PM

Demon Hunter

Sweet I got my Alliance base to Tier 3. Looks really nice. Ambassadors of every race in the keep trying to find the way to switch the racial guards.

The Pet Battle Area

The Keep

The Entrance

All the Ambassadors

Last edited by Caith; 07-22-2014 at 07:09 PM..
Old 07-22-2014, 06:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
This is why I created my very own Beta experience thread.

Go and derail that one all you want. Bolvar's going to try to figure out how to upgrade his garrison later...
As long as it doesn't involve a Circus Bear, hot coffee and glazed donuts, you should be fine.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:22 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

How far into Talador are you guys in? Or the dungeons? Any interesting models or mechanics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:26 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
How far into Talador are you guys in? Or the dungeons? Any interesting models or mechanics?
I have completed Talador x2 on Horde and Starting Alliance. We pulled gruul a few times but it kept crashing. UBRS Zaela fight is very interesting and requires you to watch where the dragons are as they friggin hurt alot. Best Model so far would be Arakkoa.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:28 PM

Arch-Druid

http://imgur.com/a/nldYI#0
Shattrah, ignore first pic
Old 07-22-2014, 07:35 PM

Elune

Leafshadow is kind of...big. I mean I know it's just for visual ease. Having Restalaan channel into a barely-visible gem sitting in his palm would be much easier to miss than this is. Still bugs me even if I understand the reasoning though.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:36 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Is there a way to have guards of every race? Id like that more than just one race.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:37 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Is there a way to have guards of every race? Id like that more than just one race.
That is the rumor, but as I actually have a Tier 3 there is no option like that in the build atm. Hopefully in the next build
Old 07-22-2014, 07:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Leafshadow is kind of...big. I mean I know it's just for visual ease. Having Restalaan channel into a barely-visible gem sitting in his palm would be much easier to miss than this is. Still bugs me even if I understand the reasoning though.
Is the cave with Nyami and the demon portal (you go there like right after that) bugged for Alliance too? I can't use it on my Horde toon.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:42 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
Is the cave with Nyami and the demon portal (you go there like right after that) bugged for Alliance too? I can't use it on my Horde toon.
Yes watched many an Alliance try to get in.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
I'm stuck on the ogres. One won't drop the book I need no matter how many times I kill him.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:45 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
I'm stuck on the ogres. One won't drop the book I need no matter how many times I kill him.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Old 07-22-2014, 07:53 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Talador quests are a Sleepfest after the Iron Horde Chain, the peak of fun was the Shredder slaughter in Tuurem.. After that it is Wait for spawns.... Kill 5 mobs at the same time.. don't get quest item, kill 6 more get one. etc. Seriously Killing orcs (Iron Horde) is much more fun than killing the Ogres, Bitch arakkoas and such. Likely because they are SMART with the Iron horde quests it is "Kill 10 of x (where x is actually A, B and C quest mobs like kill x horde = you can kill a variety of headhunters and grunts or taurens or a gnome for some reason)

Instead it is WAIT FOR SUN PRIESTS OR OGRES TO SPAWN.

The Blackrock Arsenal Follower is awesome btw . He is a Blackrock Deserter Blacksmith that is all "Getting payback at my old boss and Improving my new boss at the same time What a Great deal!" and "The Iron Horde has Big clumpsy weapons they never really liked my" etc.. He is also quite the badass with his Hooks Bombs, and Hammers.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:55 PM

Elune

I've said it before but as much as I'm enjoying the story, for gameplay I'm actually really not impressed with WoD's questing so far. The vast, vast majority is just kill x gather y, with more original stuff few and far in between. Of course the Twenty Bear Asses style is the backbone of questing, but it's okay to have more than just that.

MoP's quests were really fun.

With that said, goodbye.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:57 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
I've said it before but as much as I'm enjoying the story, for gameplay I'm actually really not impressed with WoD's questing so far. The vast, vast majority is just kill x gather y, with more original stuff few and far in between. Of course the Twenty Bear Asses style is the backbone of questing, but it's okay to have more than just that.

MoP's quests were really fun.
Yeah the questing is more generic in WoD, but I seem to care a great deal more than I did in Pandaria. I'm sorry if you put generic Panda vs. Maraad/Velen guess who is going to win?
Old 07-22-2014, 07:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
How the hell did you get Restalaan to spawn?

I've been stuck on that quest for days now. He just won't appear. I've dropped the quest and picked it back up numerous times. I've done every other quest in the zone. Nothin'.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
How the hell did you get Restalaan to spawn?

I've been stuck on that quest for days now. He just won't appear. I've dropped the quest and picked it back up numerous times. I've done every other quest in the zone. Nothin'.

He was just there when I showed up. Sorry I don't have an answer.

With that said, goodbye.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:02 PM

Arch-Druid

high elf or blood elf? blood elf blue eyes maybe
Old 07-22-2014, 08:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
[/img]

He was just there when I showed up. Sorry I don't have an answer.
True suffering.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
high elf or blood elf? blood elf blue eyes maybe
Most assuredly high elf since Jaina's still in "no Horde allowed" mode, even if he uses the blood elf voice files.

Even I, the staunch anti-faction, don't understand why he becomes a follower for Horde.

With that said, goodbye.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:06 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Most assuredly high elf since Jaina's still in "no Horde allowed" mode, even if he uses the blood elf voice files.

Even I, the staunch anti-faction, don't understand why he becomes a follower for Horde.
Maybe he's gonna pull of the extremely tricky reverse Thaelin?
Old 07-22-2014, 08:09 PM

Elune

Actually I think there are a handful of cross-faction followers. I'm too lazy to log in and travel all the way back to the Garrison but iirc there's an orc or two on the Alliance's list as well.

Someone who isn't lazy should check to see if I'm making shit up or not.

With that said, goodbye.
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft