Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2013, 01:29 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by destron View Post
I agree with you on the essentials of this (I suspect we may disagree somewhat on the detailsbut perhaps not).

On an entirely different note, how does Blizzard respond to complaint tickets? Would they send me an email? This is in regards to me being hacked earlier.
Yes, you usually get an e-mail if you're not in-game to receive a response.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:30 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Yes, you usually get an e-mail if you're not in-game to receive a response.
Thanks.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 01-25-2013, 01:58 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by destron View Post
Thanks.
Also, there's a live chat feature now available on the battle.net support site... faster than calling or waiting for in-game help, in my experience.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:59 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Opiate for the masses. The problem is, the only time the media does its job and screams bullshit is when there's a Republican in the White House.

Democrat in charge? Fuck that shit, let's talk about Michelle's hair!
Both sides are guilty of that. Of course it didn't help that Bush was an idiot. Course most of us know better than to try to waste our time discussing that with you.

Last edited by Leviathon; 01-25-2013 at 02:02 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 05:09 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Also, there's a live chat feature now available on the battle.net support site... faster than calling or waiting for in-game help, in my experience.
Hmm, I saw the button but it was grayed out. Blizzard said that this meant it wasn't available at the time; should I just keep refreshing the page or something?

My characters have been restored to me, but I'm now locked out of the game. The WoW account has apparently been banned, and I'm not really sure why. I'm guessing it has something to do with confusion arising from the hack.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 01-25-2013, 05:55 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Both sides are guilty of that. Of course it didn't help that Bush was an idiot. Course most of us know better than to try to waste our time discussing that with you.
Are you seriously trying to convince yourself that the criticism of Obama by the mainstream media is anywhere close to what Bush had to put up with?
Old 01-25-2013, 06:10 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Are you seriously trying to convince yourself that the criticism of Obama by the mainstream media is anywhere close to what Bush had to put up with?
"Are you trying to convince yourself that the criticism of Bush is anywhere close to what Jimmy had to put up with?"

"Are you trying to convince yourself that the criticism of Jimmy is anywhere close to what Teddy had to put up with?"

"Are you trying to convince yourself that the criticism of Teddy is anywhere close to what Lincoln had to put up with?"

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Old 01-25-2013, 09:31 PM

Elune

Quote:
I must have missed the 2 10 year wars Obama got us into that we had no reason ever getting into.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:54 PM

Elune

I think that Afghanistan was a just war.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:57 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Good news is, the $4,000 monthly payment thing was a mistake. So yay.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Good news is, the $4,000 monthly payment thing was a mistake. So yay.
Nah you still owe me 4k and am currently sending Omacron to smash your knees with a baseball bat and do very questionable things with his hair.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:13 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
I think that Afghanistan was a just war.
Which one?

The one some 30 years ago or the one since 2001?

Old 01-27-2013, 01:15 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Eliphas View Post
Which one?

The one some 30 years ago or the one since 2001?
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:22 PM

Eternal

If only to ask - Why is 2001 more just than 30 years ago?

When, really, the same enemy was being fought. All that is changed is who is fighting the war, and the government of Afghanistan differs from one that has some functionality of progressiveness (land reform, women can get elected into office and get PhDs, and so on) while the other allows pedophilia in the army and is a mangled form of a state.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:23 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Neutral Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Eliphas View Post
If only to ask - Why is 2001 more just than 30 years ago?
That's not really what he said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:35 PM

Eternal

My fault.

Better question; Describe your feelings on why it's just. And give thoughts on the messes in Libya and Syria and how they may or may not relate to Afghanistan.

Dat's better.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:23 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Moved all my furniture this weekend. Normally not a bad thing, I like moving heavy things.

All winter it's been mild. Like light jacket weather. Nope, this weekend the temperature was in the single digits. At one point my hands were so cold they were wrinkling on the finger tips.

To top it off, I had the flu. Or at least flu like symptoms. The fever and the body pains, all the good stuff that makes moving fun.

House is full now though.

Had to cut my box spring in half to get it up the stairs and re-assemble it. Bed done! nap time.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:22 AM

Dryad

Quote:
hmm nice.
but besides, the ingame response of the GMs is pretty fast too.

my only QQ is that getting valor gear is too fkin difficult now. u gotta farm rep for a full fkin month to get 1 fkin piece of shit armor.
how am i supposed to do that with very limited game time?????
Old 01-28-2013, 11:06 AM

Sha of Disappointment

By not being lazy or stupid? If you need 1 month to cap reputations you're doing it wrong. Like "putting your dick into a lightsocket"-wrong.

edit: probably sounds more aggressive than it's meant to be, so, no offense. But really. You can cap exalted with some factions in less than a week just by doing it's dailies every day.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 01-28-2013 at 11:13 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 11:16 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
By not being lazy or stupid? If you need 1 month to cap reputations you're doing it wrong. Like "putting your dick into a lightsocket"-wrong.

How much time, daily, do you expect people to play?

The issue I have is the grind is tolerable on one character. The minute you try including any alts, it becomes a little painful.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:31 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
How much time, daily, do you expect people to play?
Depends on the game, it's state and the rewards. And before you ask, yes, i myself have complained about doing all dailies needed to get exalted as soon as possible taking two hours easily.
However - i did it for mounts, so i did ALL of them at the same time. If you're just after armor you can instantly cut the Fishers, the Cloud Serpents and all factions that have no update for you (that usually involves the Klaxxi after respectful by default as their weapons are crap for having exalted as requirement). This shaves off a good 30 minute to an hour, often more, per character.
So how much do i expect people to play daily? Well - WoW is an MMO. You know me Bolvar, i'm the first to cry for something to be available on your own - but i don't subscribe to getting everything without doing something for it either. I believe that, for the kind of game WoW is, even today, playing less than 2 hours a day means you have to cut down on progress. Well... yes, it's gonna take longer if you don't at least do your dailies in full if you want something from the respective faction, but that's making the decission of not playing more. I mean hell, if i decide to do a dungeon on a non-tank/healer, i wait a good forty minutes just for invite. WoW is NOT a game like Dead Space 2 where i really like to just start it up, play half an hour and stop at the next savepoint. I'm not being elitist here but if he doesn't have the time to do his dailies then he shouldn't be surprised it takes longer than intended. (Also keep in mind that every character cuts down on exalted. The bonus on rep is not just for alts. ALSO also there's a bit of rep next patch for scenarios and dungeons) At some point you gotta ask yourself: do you want to PLAY this game or do you just want to have a geared character you never actually use?

Quote:
The issue I have is the grind is tolerable on one character. The minute you try including any alts, it becomes a little painful.
Absolutely agree with this, though i wouldn't use the word painful because there's really no need to do all the reps on alts, just those needed for items. For example it took me ages with my main to get everything up to exalted for the mounts. On my monk it barely took me a week for everything i needed.
Only thing i really don't understand is why Cloud Serpent Riding isn't account wide.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:54 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

I think they've already taken the step of making achievements account-wide, they need to do the same thing for reputation already.

There's no reason to make me grind out the rep on every character I have. It adds nothing to the experience, other than to gate access to gear and patterns and such for no reason whatsoever.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:56 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Technically i agree for the most part, but just to be an ass i'll remind you that "having nothing to do" was the most common complaint before
Old 01-28-2013, 12:09 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
Technically i agree for the most part, but just to be an ass i'll remind you that "having nothing to do" was the most common complaint before
I have TONS to do.

I got 10 alts to level... the XP grind alone is plenty to keep me busy. I get depressed when I hit 90 and realize I've got a whole different degree of rep grinding to finish.

And, I know I don't need the rep gear to progress... but each alt has professions and would like the patterns and such.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:38 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Yeah, my Monk needed exalted with Cloud Serpents for the gem-mounts.

Now that i'm bored with Skyrim and Far Cry 3, i'm going to work on my goal of having each class on 90 on my new server.

Tags
angry sax, catharsis, spam thread 2.0, stop using gawker