Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 08-07-2015, 10:15 PM

Elune

Default The Chopping Block of LEGION.

People are going to die in LEGION. The question is... who?

My predictions:
  • Varian dies halfway into the expansion or at the end. Anduin becomes King of Stormwind.
  • Sylvanas is either killed or she is "redeemed."
  • Thrall dies.
  • Tirion dies.
  • Vol'jin steps down as Warchief, but I don't think he'll die.
  • Jaina dies.
  • Gul'dan dies.
  • Magni returns! Somehow.
  • Velen might die. I'll be surprised if he's not involved somehow.
  • Khadgar dies. Just like his old mentor Medivh, he'll be possessed by Sargeras or something like that.
  • Maiev dies.
  • Genn doesn't die.

Who do you think is going to die?
Old 08-07-2015, 10:30 PM

Arch-Druid

If there is an Argus expansion, Velen and Kil'jaeden would have to be saved for that... but this expansion makes me skeptical about having an Argus expansion at all.

Sargeras will probably "die," for some definition of the term.

Gul'dan will almost surely die. He would be of no use after this, and he's a confirmed raid boss.

Thrall, Tirion, and Varian are very likely to die.

By the way, wouldn't Yrel appear? At the end of WoD, she told Khadgar to call her if he needs her help. Well, now he needs her. I don't want Yrel in our world, but it seems possible.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:51 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

Yrel is forgotten. Tossed away by Blizzard like a used up whore.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:54 PM

Eternal

Actual whores would take offense to that statement. I recommend that you amend it.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:00 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

I've been predicting the deaths of Thrall and Varian since MoP. That said, I see no reason for Jaina to die. I'm happy to see her out of Dalaran. I'd rather have a Proudmoore at the helm of Kul'Tiras.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:05 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
I've been predicting the deaths of Thrall and Varian since MoP. That said, I see no reason for Jaina to die. I'm happy to see her out of Dalaran. I'd rather have a Proudmoore at the helm of Kul'Tiras.
Seems like a possibility. Maybe she felt that Dalaran was way too neutral, and went away to re-claim the grand admiralty of Kul'Tiras.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegrune View Post
Seems like a possibility. Maybe she felt that Dalaran was way too neutral, and went away to re-claim the grand admiralty of Kul'Tiras.
Implying Kul Tiras wasn't destroyed off-screen by a naga/demon/elemental/orcish/troll invasion.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:18 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo View Post
AU Characters except Gul'Dan forgotten. Tossed away by Blizzard like used up whores.
Fixed.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:49 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

I don't think Thrall will die, but will wish that he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:03 AM

Hon hon hon

Jaina will die, I guarantee it. She will be offed because despite the joke... I mean the incredibly dangerous Legion (Ha) she will still refuse to work with the butchers of the Horde. She and Vereesa along with the remaining High Elves will be destroyed. Meanwhile Sylvanas will be redeemed.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:06 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Pretty sure they'll just move Jaina to KT, and become the next expansion villain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:09 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Jaina turning into a demon would be neat, but my enjoyment of killing traitors is overpowering my desire for Jaina's return as a good character that doesn't ape Garrosh.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:10 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Pretty sure they'll just move Jaina to KT, and become the next expansion villain.
I don't see them waiting for so long to off her. After all, it would allow them to destroy once and for all the High Elves. I just hope that they'll let the Alliance have a true civil war if Jaina rebel against Anduin. And they should let the players choose a side, so the one with the most numerous support win.

Alas, it is but a dream.

At this point, I can't wait for WoW to go BTP, so I could finally send all my money to Horde rerolls and delete all those characters I loved so much but who had the terrible flaw of being Alliance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Jaina turning into a demon would be neat, but my enjoyment of killing traitors is overpowering my desire for Jaina's return as a good character that doesn't ape Garrosh.
I prefer her dead over the little piece of shit she was from RoC to MoP.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
I prefer her dead over the little piece of shit she was from RoC to MoP.
What's wrong with her in RoC?
Old 08-08-2015, 06:15 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
She works with the Horde, is weak-willed, and refused to help Arthas when it came to Stratholme, when her presence could have prevented the prince from going to the deep-end. Has she and Uther shown some backbone, Lordaeron could have avoided being destroyed.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:15 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
She didn't exterminate all Horde races, like Korath wants.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:19 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
She works with the Horde, is weak-willed, and refused to help Arthas when it came to Stratholme, when her presence could have prevented the prince from going to the deep-end. Has she and Uther shown some backbone, Lordaeron could have avoided being destroyed.
She is vehemently opposed to the Horde, and only works with them at first because of Medivh. She spews the "green-skinned brutes" rhetoric right in front of Thrall when they first meet.

I'm with Arthas on Stratholme, but Jaina and Uther are understandable.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:19 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
She didn't exterminate all Horde races, like Korath wants.
Actually, in RoC, she let Arthas down at the worst timing possible. I still believe that, had she shown a modicum of intelligence, she would have understood that the decision of Arthas before Stratholme was the better choice out of a series of atrocious possibilities. By turning her back on him, she insured the Prince of Lordaeron would fall ever deeper into madness.

And in TFT she actively helped the Horde kill her father, when everything from before that time to now has proven that Daelin was right. I don't want another Horde apologist in the Alliance, Anduin will suffice to destroy whatever remains of this once great faction.

Quote:
She is vehemently opposed to the Horde, and only works with them at first because of Medivh. She spews the "green-skinned brutes" rhetoric right in front of Thrall when they first meet.
And it didn't take much for her to come to worship Thrall a second after that. All it took was some words from a shady figure. She event went so far as to capture and "purify" Grom, a criminal who had killed countless Alliance citizens and had done it for years before Thrall was freed. Grom was also responsible for the brutal murder of some of the few peoples Jaina had managed to convince to travel with her across the ocean to Kalimdor. But it was apparently okay. Too sad she didn't used it as a leverage to force the Horde to capture her father, so she could imprison him, right ?

Last edited by Korath; 08-08-2015 at 06:23 AM..
Old 08-08-2015, 06:33 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I don't think Thrall will die, but will wish that he is.
So what besides death could possibly separate him from his hammer?
Old 08-08-2015, 06:44 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
So what besides death could possibly separate him from his hammer?
His wife.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:51 AM

Hon hon hon

I don't know where I read this, but for Thrall, it could be his failures with Garrosh which have eaten him from the inside, thus leading him to lose his will to fight. After all, we haven't seen him since he killed Garrosh.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:56 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
And it didn't take much for her to come to worship Thrall a second after that. All it took was some words from a shady figure. She event went so far as to capture and "purify" Grom, a criminal who had killed countless Alliance citizens and had done it for years before Thrall was freed. Grom was also responsible for the brutal murder of some of the few peoples Jaina had managed to convince to travel with her across the ocean to Kalimdor. But it was apparently okay. Too sad she didn't used it as a leverage to force the Horde to capture her father, so she could imprison him, right ?
Medivh is indeed shady but Jaina sensed great power emanating from him or something. And in the context of RoC, the Burning Legion was a greater threat than the Horde. If Jaina didn't team up with Thrall, there probably wouldn't have been a Theramore for Garrosh to bomb in the first place.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:12 AM

Banished

Quote:
Actually, in RoC, she let Arthas down at the worst timing possible. I still believe that, had she shown a modicum of intelligence, she would have understood that the decision of Arthas before Stratholme was the better choice out of a series of atrocious possibilities. By turning her back on him, she insured the Prince of Lordaeron would fall ever deeper into madness.
Arthas ordered a city to be massacred and threw a fit at Uther not doing what he says like a toady. Arthas didn't seriously try to list the grounds to do a full blown massacre as opposed to a quarantine. And after failing to kill Mal'Ganis, he runs off into a trap to avenge his failures instead of facing judgement. Arthas was a disaster in the making before Stratholme. Hell, he even served the Lich King while Ner'zhul was weakening.

Last edited by Galdus; 08-08-2015 at 07:15 AM..
Old 08-08-2015, 07:22 AM

Eternal

Quote:
I don't know where I read this, but for Thrall, it could be his failures with Garrosh which have eaten him from the inside, thus leading him to lose his will to fight. After all, we haven't seen him since he killed Garrosh.
Ok, I could buy that. He's not getting his hammer back when he wakes up. Especially since I'm probably going with the magma version.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:58 AM

Elune

Varian will die. Anduin becomes High King.
Genn will probably survive, regardless of what happens to Sylvanas.
Jaina is definitely going to bite the bucket.
Khadgar will probably survive, though if he dies it will be in the finale.
Maiev will die.
Tirion will die.
Thrall I DOUBT will die, but if he does he'll still have a role as a spirit or some such.
Darion will probably die, since he's the leader of the KotEB and the player presumably takes over.
Sylvanas is up in the air.

Tags
elves arent people, foot expansion, leg expansion, wow legion